Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin (2227 Views)

Disregard Falsehood The APC Has Not Zoned Power To The South - APC Truth Forum / Tambuwal Addressing His Supporters While Dumping APC For PDP / FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Kapeter(m): 10:42am On Oct 24, 2019
Opposition is not madness the say buh FFk has taken it far even at the detriment of his own political career.

Now addressing his lies and foolishness.

he peddled some falsehood recently about how the great yoruba came about our collective name.

First: FFK said Yoruba came about from an insulting/derogatory name the Fulanis call us as a people. Totally false.

I challenge FFk himself and all his believers to find a fulani man and ask him if there is any word like Ya.ri.ba in their language. You will be surprised there is nothing like such in fulfude and not even in hausa language, it is just a corrupted way of pronouncing Yoruba just like the whites corrupted Igbos to Ib.os and Ubinu to bennin and same way the hausa soldiers corrupted yen mmiri to 'yan,m.uri' and many more. Our tongues are different, we all can't pronounce other peoples tongue perfectly,

it's something totally impossible.

secondly, i see ffk regarding himself as 'omo karo o jire', this is funny, that isn't meant to be a name of people collectively, that's just a description. It's more like the way some of us call the ibos 'omo n.na', why? Because they call themselves nna and nne, we use that to address them as a people buh that's not their name collctively and also same way we call every northerners 'ab.oki' it's because they refer to themselves as aboki which means friend, we this pick the word to describe them but that doeasn't change the fact they are hausas, nupes, fulanis and all..

He also said he's omoluabi, that is also an appraisal of us. It's a way we praise ourselves as a people and never our collective name....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Kapeter(m): 10:43am On Oct 24, 2019
The unnecessary fuss
i see so many innecessary fuss and foolishness in all FFK falsehood and it's not even funny,

do you even know that it was the hausas that gave fulanis their name? The rest of them all over are known as fula which is their original name and they in turn gave the hausas their name which in turn means 'The southern people' in fulfude.

Anago or Yoruba?

now the last phrase. Pre stone age, during the dark age, only the Northern yorubas(which include oyo, kwara) regards to themselves as Yorubas and many others in the east regards to themselves as anago while others held on to their ethnicity as a name rather than collective names and because of the anagos being one of the major victims of the slave trades, the name anago quickly spread all over other west african countries, till today Ghanaians stil refers to every Nigerians as 'Anago'.

The man that eventually described the entire western people of Nigeria as yoruba in one of his letters wasn't even a Nigeria and never ever been to Nigeria, he made the description based on the influence of the Oyo empire who eventually control every other ethnicity.

The yoruba name was eventually made popular by Ajayi Crowther who while on slavery kept describing himself as a yoruba man rathr than anago which was more popular outside the shores and with the western Nigeria people taking as slaves.

He eventually popularize the yoruba name when he returned home and translated the bible to'Yoruba language'.

2 Likes

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Kapeter(m): 10:44am On Oct 24, 2019
Seun, mynd44 please let everyone see the truth same way they all see the lies and falsehood peddled by FFK please.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Minenaira: 10:47am On Oct 24, 2019
grin
Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Biafrannuke: 10:49am On Oct 24, 2019
Kapeter:
[s] Opposition is not madness the say buh FFk has taken it far even at the detriment of his own political career.

he peddled some falsehood recently about how the great yoruba came about our collective name.

First: FFK said Yoruba came about from an insulting/derogatory name the Fulanis call us as a people. Totally false.

I challenge FFk himself and all his believers to find a fulani man and ask him if there is any word like Ya.ri.ba in their language. You will be surprised there is nothing like such in fulfude and not even in hausa language, it is just a corrupted way of pronouncing Yoruba just like the whites corrupted Igbos to Ib.os and Ubinu to bennin and same way the hausa soldiers corrupted yen mmiri to 'yan,m.uri' and many more. Our tongues are different, we all can't pronounce other peoples tongue perfectly,

secondly, i see ffk regarding himself as 'omo karo o jire', this is funny, that isn't meant to be a name of people collectively, that's just a description. It's more like the way some of us call the ibos 'omo n.na', why? Because they call themselves nna and nne, we use that to address them as a people buh that's not their name collctively and also same way we call every northerners 'ab.oki' it's because they refer to themselves as aboki which means friend, we this pick the word to describe them but that doeasn't change the fact they are hausas, nupes, fulanis and all..

He also said he's omoluabi, that is also an appraisal of us. It's a way we praise ourselves as a people and never our collective name.... [/s]
I thought you were going to counter him with evidence.

8 Likes

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Staro: 11:00am On Oct 24, 2019
OP, I expected you to have simply stated the
origin of the word YORUBA if truly FFK is wrong

Sorry, but your write-up is empty

8 Likes

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Charleys: 11:06am On Oct 24, 2019
FFK is right because you cant prove him wrong.

Border closure is affecting your people but all you think about is a name given to you by the same people oppressing you.

Kwaantinue.

4 Likes

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Kapeter(m): 11:07am On Oct 24, 2019
Biafrannuke:
I thought you were going to counter him with evidence.
i indicated i was still writing. Check my modified post.
Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Kapeter(m): 11:12am On Oct 24, 2019
Staro:
OP, I expected you to have simply stated the
origin of the word YORUBA if truly FFK is wrong

Sorry, but your write-up is empty
check modified post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Kapeter(m): 11:17am On Oct 24, 2019
Charleys:

Border closure is affecting your people but all you think about is a name given to you by the same people oppressing you.

Kwaantinue.
omo nna, yan.miris always looking for who to fight their battle for them. Which of my people is border closure affecting? When we all know it's you and your kindreds that have been handicapped.

Smugling of fake products is no more allowed.

I laugh in ibo.

And who exactly is been oppressed in the country?
Who doesn't have any intl airport? Sea port? Rail line? Good roads?

I laugh in ibo again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by otipoju(m): 11:18am On Oct 24, 2019
This makes plenty of sense.

FFK has always been a lunatic and his father a traitor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Charleys: 11:19am On Oct 24, 2019
Kapeter:
omo nna, yan.miris always looking for who to fight their battle for them. Which of my people is border closure affecting? When we all know it's you and your kindreds that have been handicapped.

I laugh in ibo.

Fvvk igbos man.... With that being said. Are you saying it's igbos that live at the Border with Benin republic?

Have you been there? Not only the Lagos border but the border in kwarra,Oyo and Ogun.
Because we know it's not affecting the north.

Answer this first.

3 Likes

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Minenaira: 11:31am On Oct 24, 2019
Charleys:

Kwaantinue.

Ahah
This jobless nigga
Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Kapeter(m): 11:34am On Oct 24, 2019
Charleys:

Fvvk igbos man.... With that being said. Are you saying it's igbos that live at the Border with Benin republic?
how some people still fail to have sense even in 2019 is what baffles me.

What concerns border closure with sharing border with people?

What does it stop?
Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Kapeter(m): 11:39am On Oct 24, 2019
otipoju:

he is only commiting political suicide. Let him be successful in one thing at least in his life.
Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by BLEMOSEDU: 11:42am On Oct 24, 2019
Kapeter:

I laugh in ibo.

And who exactly is been oppressed in the country?
Who doesn't have any intl airport? Sea port? Rail line? Good roads?

I laugh in ibo again.
Why do you people have this ignorant belief that whenever someone criticises you or the apc govt, the person must be Igbo?
Does that even make sense at all?

3 Likes

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:56am On Oct 24, 2019
I am sure if Buhari was the one that said what FFK said then it's the truth. undecided

1 Like

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Kapeter(m): 11:58am On Oct 24, 2019
BLEMOSEDU:

Why do you people have this ignorant belief that whenever someone criticises you or the apc govt, the person must be Igbo?
Does that even make sense at all?
where was igbo mentioned in my post?
Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by BLEMOSEDU: 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2019
Kapeter:
You must be talking of your family and tribe when you said omo nna, and nyamuris
GTFO

2 Likes

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by thatigboman: 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
Op, u say, oyibo corrupted 'igbo' to 'ibo'. what was then corrupted to form 'yoruba'?

1 Like

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by thatigboman: 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2019
otipoju:

which sense? What's the original name of 'yoruba'?

1 Like

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Biafrannuke: 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2019
Kapeter:
i indicated i was still writing. Check my modified post.
I expect you to give sources and quote historical document that referenced the word "Yoruba" before the early 19th century. Everything else remain your opinion.
Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by otipoju(m): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2019
thatigboman:
which sense? What's the original name of 'yoruba'?

Igbos are the best tribe in the world. God created them special and all the remaining people in the world do not have any sense.

In fact all the Igbo states are like paradise and that is why majority of their sons and daughters can not live there but have to look for their daily bread all over the world.

Hope you are happy now?

3 Likes

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by thatigboman: 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2019
otipoju:

Igbos are the best tribe in the world. God created them special and all the remaining people in the world do not have any sense.

In fact all the Igbo states are like paradise and that is why majority of their sons and daughters can not live there but have to look for their daily bread all over the world.

Hope you are happy now?
blabbing. What's the original name of 'yoruba'?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Cosbyrich: 7:12pm On Oct 24, 2019
thatigboman:
blabbing. What's the original name of 'yoruba'?

What is the original name of Igbo?
Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Charleys: 8:08pm On Oct 24, 2019
NimrodEndOfDays:
I am sure if Buhari was the one that said what FFK said then it's the truth. undecided

Cuz he's the president.

Just like when Lauretta talks nonsense and it makes front page.

She's part of the presidency.
Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by TAO11(f): 8:27pm On Oct 24, 2019
This is obviously a non-issue, but trust the hate-filled children of perdition to always love to clutch at straws like the proverbial drowning man.

Femi is a well-known crackhead whose testimony will always be thrown out, for obvious reasons, in any court of competent jurisdiction.

Not only does the word "Y@riba" not have any meaning in the languages of the Hausa-Fulani peoples, the word also doesn't exist in those languages.

Contrary to what many have hypothesized, the word "Yoruba" is not an exonym. In fact, the word "Yoruba" comes from an Oyo kingdom supremacist ethnonym, viz. "Oyo-Oba" (meaning: "Oyo the King") --- an ethnonym with which Oyo kingdom prides itself when it attained imperial status and gained military, political, and economic ascendancy over the other Olukumi nations, in circa 1400.

The first known written use of the term was in a circa1600 treatise by the Timbuktu scholar and littérateur, Abu al-Abbas Ahmad Baba ibn Ahmad al-Takruri Al-Massufi.

He used the word obviously to refer exclusively to the appropriate addressee --- the Great Oyo Empire. And it wasn't until a few centuries later that the word came to be applied to addressing the other Olukumi peoples.

Kudos to you Kapeter.

cc: GidiWoodsMan.

I hope your curiosity has been satisfied.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Charleys: 8:30pm On Oct 24, 2019
Kapeter:

Your leader just said the border closure is affecting Yoruba land.

https://www.nairaland.com/5491144/borders-north-still-operating-gani

Read that part where he said it's affecting the south west.
Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2019
Kapeter:
Opposition is not madness the say buh FFk has taken it far even at the detriment of his own political career.

He also said he's omoluabi, that is also an appraisal of us. It's a way we praise ourselves as a people and never our collective name....
Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2019
Charleys:

Cuz he's the president.

Just like when Lauretta talks nonsense and it makes front page.

She's part of the presidency.
undecided
Re: Addressing FFK Falsehood: The Yoruba Origin by thatigboman: 12:09am On Oct 25, 2019
femolii:
Shut up OSU son do u have sense at all.
afonja, that's how u were shouting osu, till hausa fulani took over your lands from ilorin to ibadan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Ati Osinbajo N Se Ipade Lori Mọnamọna / Breaking: Abia Governor Rushed To Abuja As The Condition Worsen / Biafra : "I Can Decide Who Lives Or Who Dies" - Nnamdi Kanu Explodes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.