Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Do You Regret Moving Abroad? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (41440 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Do You Regret Living Abroad??? / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2010
justwise:

Don't mind him, kidnapping is petty crime, killing by armed robbers is petty crime. Rubbish.

Very petty, especially when you place them side by side with the horror flicks we watch every night on Crime and investigation channel. How do you compare kidnapping in naija with that of Mexico, Colombia? Yet you will give an arm to be smuggled into that country in a barrel! Hypocrisy!

justwise:

Here we go again, i thought u said u don't know of any armed robbery? Now u remembered that some were staged by bank managers.

Do you need to witness one b4 you call it crime? If you don't witness or have personal experience then its called 'petty crime? You are such a big joke

Just overblown cases by people like you looking for excuses to hide you poor azz in one obscure country where the crime rate is much higher. I still maintain that I have not been robbed neither anyone I know.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 6:25pm On Nov 13, 2010
invisible!:

Very petty, especially when you place them side by side with the horror flicks we watch every night on Crime and investigation channel. How do you compare kidnapping in naija with that of Mexico, Colombia? Yet you will give an arm to be smuggled into that country in a barrel! Hypocrisy!

Just overblown cases by people like you looking for excuses to hide you poor azz in one obscure country where the crime rate is much higher. I still maintain that I have not been robbed neither anyone I know.

How can you compare when nobody keeps crime record in Nigeria? Which govt depart keeps accurate crime record in Nigeria?

Its very silly of you to call killing a petty crime, tell that to the victim relatives.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 6:26pm On Nov 13, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ When a whole city of Aba was closed down by criminals less than 2 months ago yet he has never heard it before.

The way we lie through out teeth sha

Cordinated mayhem, create a serious situation of instability, sensetionalize the news and flush Theodore Orji out.
Politics is the name of the game pally!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 6:31pm On Nov 13, 2010
justwise:

How can you compare when nobody keeps crime record in Nigeria? Which govt depart keeps accurate crime record in Nigeria?

Its very silly of you to call killing a petty crime, tell that to the victim relatives.

No accurate records, and thats why you should shut up. It may even be only two persons who died in the whole saga and yet the media decided to elevate the bad news because they were financed.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2010
justwise said:

Have you actually ever requested a ''crime record'' from the police department?

(I know the answer to that - NO)

You just may be surprised that they actually DO keep records of crimes reported in their region/area.

A lot of people here just come in and type rubbish off the top of their heads.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 6:39pm On Nov 13, 2010
ROSSIKE:

justwise said:

You just may be surprised that they actually DO keep records of crimes reported in their region/area.

Oh please stop talking garbage, have they finish collecting bribe let alone writing down number of innocent pple killed by armed robbers and police themselves. You will only liar to non-Nigerians about zero-crime figure in Nigeria, not me
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2010
invisible!:

No accurate records, and thats why you should shut up. It may even be only two persons who died in the whole saga and yet the media decided to elevate the bad news because they were financed.

You can't stop misleading urself.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 6:48pm On Nov 13, 2010
ROSSIKE:

justwise said:

Dont mind them, what will they not do to justify bashing Nigeria, even for those who dont know where Nigeria is. Its very cheap to be a critic, e-warriors.
Many of them failed miserably here and are afraid to come and face facts here.

justwise:

Oh please stop talking garbage, have they finish collecting bribe let alone writing down number of innocent pple killed by armed robbers and police themselves. You will only liar to non-Nigerians about zero-crime figure in Nigeria, not me

Continue to decieve yourself. You are not better than any of those policeman, is he worse than you who would lie, cheat, steal, do yahoozie and marry an old woman jsut to get papers? His own is lighter.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 6:58pm On Nov 13, 2010
invisible!:

Dont mind them, what will they not do to justify bashing Nigeria, even for those who dont know where Nigeria is. Its very cheap to be a critic, e-warriors.
Many of them failed miserably here and are afraid to come and face facts here.

Continue to decieve yourself. You are not better than any of those policeman, is he worse than you who would lie, cheat, steal, do yahoozie and marry an old woman jsut to get papers? His own is lighter.

I'm definitely better than any criminal in police uniform, its very naive of you to think that every Nigerian outside Nigeria is involved in yahoo yahoo business, oh well, you may have friend who are involved in such crime, so you know much better than i do.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Redman44(m): 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2010
So this thread is still alive cheesy cheesy cheesy? Anyway, I've got some few more things to chip in. No one should be condemned for moving abroad and no one should regret staying back in Nigeria. It all boils down to our individual choices and preferences. Everyone to his or her own destiny smiley smiley  However, I believe one of the reasons why some Nigerians are finding it hard abroad is the issue of 'legal status'. Too many Nigerians are wasting precious time trying to legalize themselves in inhospitable environments abroad. I've seen people who spent 14 years in the UK to get their papers and by the time they are legal, they are in their late 40's or early 50's [ Depends on the age they entered Britain ]. It would have been better if they had managed to save up some money and returned to Nigeria to start up a business that is built around their natural abilities. The worst thing Britain or America will do to them is to ban them from re-entering for some years [ That is is if they they don't know how to get back to Naija safely without any problem ].

Living abroad opens our eyes to many business opportunities and how to do things properly. However, how many Nigerians are taking down notes and storing ideas in their memories with the aim of coming back to Nigeria to implement these ideas? I will be very happy if a Nigerian in Britain or Germany can take the time to learn plumbing or roofing, gather and purchase the necessary equipment, develop a business plan, save some money, buy a van and return to Nigeria to start a professional plumbing or roofing company. Do you know how much this guy will make in Nigeria? He might even start a plumbing academy for Nigerian youths and make some money from it while getting workers for his company and expanding. There are a lot of things to learn in Europe and America which can be replicated in Nigeria by those of us who are determined and focused. Artisans in Nigeria are not professional through and through. And why does everyone want to live in Lagos? People can also live in Ibadan, Akure, Abeokuta or Oshogbo. It all has to do with your drive and business plan. In 1999, I worked as a correspondent with a soft sell magazine in Lagos. The publishers of the Magazine were in their early 30's then and had never travelled out of Nigeria. They were really educated and talented. One of them [ He is very popular so I won't tell you his name ] told me that the Publishing Company he and his friend owned was worth 9 Million Naira [ That was in 1999 ].

May God give us wisdom to do the right thing. Amen.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Osmondi: 7:55pm On Nov 13, 2010
orbaxy:

Its tricky for me cos I lived here in UAE though i missed home cos of my family. returned to Naija but couldnt stay cos of the way things are over there. I had to come back. I love this place but i missed seeing black people around me especially here in Abu Dhabi
I too live in the UAE, Abu Dhabi,n feel the same way.i had a great culture shock wen i arrived,so much that I wanted to go back but I couldnt,cuz I had nothin back home n this was a gud job opportunity!connect asap
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 13, 2010
Sorry but non Yorubas living in Lagos dont work for yorubas, dont know where you got your info from but most are ibo and constitute more than 60% of the population, so they have the numeric advantage and language control. Many also own houses there.

But go and ask them how they flee from Lagos riots or how much they have lost in properties when trouble erupts. To call a foreign country home is the height of deceit.

True. Non Yorubas living in Lagos don't work for Yorubas. But the fact is they pay taxes to a Yoruba-controlled Lagos state government.
Also, Ibos can never constitute 60% of the population. At best I give them 30%-35%. Following the last census figures, Ibos are not as many as Yorubas nationwide.
As for language, I have never seen a Yoruba man in Lagos speak Ibo. But its the Ibos who speak Yoruba and very fluently. In fact, Ibo bus drivers, conductors and agberos use Yoruba most of the time in their daily activities.
Also, you have Yorubas who cant speak English or even broken in Lagos and yet are doing well but I doubt if there are any Ibo who can't speak English or broken English in Lagos.
Then this,
Lagos - Onitsha (East) = At least 6 hours drive
Lagos - Ibafo, Mowe,Ofada, Ota e.t.c = 10 minutes and below
Lagos - Ibadan, Abeokuta, Ijebu - Ode e.t.c = At most 1 hour drive

This means before any contigent of Ibos arrives Lagos, several Yoruba contingent would have forgotten they travelled. This is apart from the Yoruba indigenes of Lagos in Eko Idumota, Ikorodu, Ajah, Epe, Badagry e.t.c

Eko o ni baje o.

Nigeria belongs to us all.

No place like home.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by nateevs(m): 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2010
How could I ever regret the best decision I have ever made?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by OJ2010: 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2010
@Cap 28- Thanks for saying the truth.

I know Nigerians for who we are will not own up to the fact that generally speaking abroad is not a 'bed of roses'. I have traveled far and wide due to the fact that i work for a multinational oil company and i am presently outside Nigeria for more than 1 yr now on cross-posting and what i can say is that there is no place like home.
Over these years i have seen Nigerians living abroad or just 'existing' abroad doing all sorts of jobs that you can't even imagine and yet just 'existing'. How many of these nairalanders that can boast of making 60-70K pounds per annum in UK legitimately? I have a brother that has been living in the UK with his family for 5yrs and everytime i visit London i always tell him to finish his degree and go back home because he will better of in Nigeria as some of his mates in the university are far ahead of him now.
I read a July 2009 JPT (journal of petroleum technology) magazine on job outlook where it was stated that many of the non-uk MSC Imperial college graduates 36 of 51 did not apply for jobs but decided to go back home What does it mean?
1.That people are getting to realise that you will be better of in your home country if you have the necessary competencies
2.There is nothing wrong in going abroad but strive to make yourself better by getting additional certification to position yourself for better opportunities at home.

A lot of Nigerians are still wraped up in their memories of getting 1st degree at home and not getting employment for years and manage to get into UK and US and start working in TESCO, NHS, Walmat etc and just earning just enough to survive and they will be the first to tell you that can't come back home.
How can they come back home when they have not been able to make themselves competitive?
Based on my contacts with them a lot of Nigerians really want to come back home but they are not in a position to do that now because its almost too late.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by OJ2010: 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2010
Exchange rate will soon turn to N10 to 1USD

Got you guys there!!!!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Ivynwa(f): 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2010
You must be a retard to believe people would come here to lie about such incidents
You are a bloody liar, and u just made a fool of urself here
Ewo-o I no know say that the "abroad" nwanu people dey talk like this, I think say na only nicy nicy dem dey talk. Abeg make the posters of that no vex for me -o-o, I was only a bit surprised.

Axponline said-----Advice to all. Never compare your self to another. Be the best YOU that you can be wherever you are
@axponline
That advice of yours is loaded with wisdom, we should strive to be better wherever we are and not dwell in regrets.
The Chinese are examples of that and I admire them much for that, they are always striving. Each person have some little factory in their head that they are working into realities nowadays and the whole world is queuing up to patronize them. If Nigerians strive harder as we are doing now, I can envisage a time soon when a more comfortable life will be at our doorsteps.

For Nigerians that are making their homes abroad, one shouldn't regret but see about making the best of that situation. Regrets and that negative side of the spirit of competition is why many Nigerians abroad desperately do stuffs to make it at all cost because they unconsciously placed this pressure on themselves that they must be rich to impress on people at home and really show that they live abroad and that pressure is multiplied by three each time they hear of their mates getting successful back home. Such pressures, competitions and fears are needless, I believe in working hard but I don't need to make others my yardstick. That is not healthy for anybody's health.

@Oga Ikedonn
Nnaa, how about steering this your nice thread to a direction whereby people can bring in their opinions of ways Nigerians in the diaspora can help make life better for us all. Abi na when they finish singing this "It is well with our soul" here, you go dismiss church? Abeg preach to them on how to help make the souls of other hungry and poor Nigerian youths follow dey jolly jolly-o-o my brother. You know see as other young ones don dey enter the thread dey ask for ways to get their own paper waka. If everybody waka go, go dey cosy up comfy-comfy like new born babes in the white man's country (wey white man struggle build for himself and him children) who go build Nigeria and make it comfortable for our children's children? Abeg tell them when them dey eat make them dey follow remember us dey throway some come our side. I am suggesting that a unique, one of a kind skill acquisition institute will be nice. Young Nigerians can be enticed to it with a promise of some little financial support on graduation. That US$300 or $400 that some spend at the blink of an eye can help a youth start something.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by tani123: 10:33pm On Nov 13, 2010
seeking to know our divine destiny and where it lies should be the motivation and therefore reason we seek to leave our home countries. unfortunately, the majority of people, nigerians in particular are motivated by the need for 'making it' and comfort as their reasons for moving abroad. while there is nothing wrong with this, it is painful to watch when so many of us then look back on our lives abroad to see that the only thing we have to show for all the years there are the material status symbols of our westernised lives - and nothing with eternal value that can really give us a sense of satisfaction or sense of having been a real blessing to many. this lack of fulfillment of our individual divine destinies is what really lies behind questions such as 'do you regret moving abroad'.
God has made us africans - indeed, nigerians, for a reason. whether we choose to leave or stay should only be part of the bigger quest to find out what are God's plans for our individual lives are.
remember, the Book says, "what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world, yet loses his own soul( i.e his very identity)?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2010
tani123:

seeking to know our divine destiny and where it lies should be the motivation and therefore reason we seek to leave our home countries. unfortunately, the majority of people, nigerians in particular are motivated by the need for 'making it' and comfort as their reasons for moving abroad. while there is nothing wrong with this, it is painful to watch when so many of us then look back on our lives abroad to see that the only thing we have to show for all the years there are the material status symbols of our westernised lives - and nothing with eternal value that can really give us a sense of satisfaction or sense of having been a real blessing to many. this lack of fulfillment of our individual divine destinies is what really lies behind questions such as 'do you regret moving abroad'.God has made us africans - indeed, nigerians, for a reason. whether we choose to leave or stay should only be part of the bigger quest to find out what are God's plans for our individual lives are.remember, the Book says, "what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world, yet loses his own soul( i.e his very identity)?

I really don't understand the point u are trying to make here. Does it mean that i can't fulfill my destiny outside Nigeria? How does leaving Nigeria to another country equate to waste of time or even sin aganist Nigeria?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 10:46pm On Nov 13, 2010
Where are the likes of Kase lawal and Emeagwali fulfilling their destinies?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 11:10pm On Nov 13, 2010
dayokanu:

Where are the likes of Kase lawal and Emeagwali fulfilling their destinies?

Abroad, and in the case of Emeagwali, he still has not passed his PHD there and is being accused of a multitude of sins like lying about his work in the invention of the internet. I think his destiny is still not fulfilled.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by darkman200: 11:17pm On Nov 13, 2010
Most of the posts here are ridiculous, why won't people just mind their own business, live and let others live- i guess that's not in Naija nature huh? If i decide to live outside Nigeria, whose business is it? Most Nigerian based contributors on here are just envious of people living outside Nigeria. There are Nigerians in U.S that are struggling and there are some that are doing great just as it is in the home land, but i’d rather struggle in the U.S than struggle in Nigeria. And Mind you, there are actually some of us that are doing great whether we live in Nigeria or abroad, i live in the U.S and currently working for the same multinational company i worked for in Nigeria, i can do the same stuff i was able to do in Naija except that i live in a much more sane society, most of the friends i have are in similar situation as mine and many are doing way better, they are all well educated and have professional jobs, they are competitive and have the kind of intellectual and technological exposures that average Nigerian worker is not used to, so the folks i know have the competitive edge any day and anywhere over their Nigerian counterparts. If y'all so much hate abroad, why do you keep coming here to have your babies? why not stay back and spend your vacations in Nigeria, they have basically turned my house into something else, it's either they are coming to have babies or coming for vacation, if you are so comfortable with where you are, why not stay back and do all your stuff in Nigeria then i will agree that you guys are really as patriotic as you claim. Bunch of hypocrites!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 11:28pm On Nov 13, 2010
darkman200:

Most of the posts here are ridiculous, why won't people just mind their own business, live and let others live- i guess that's not in Naija nature huh? If i decide to live outside Nigeria, whose business is it? Most Nigerian based contributors on here are just envious of people living outside Nigeria. There are Nigerians in U.S that are struggling and there are some that are doing great just as it is in the home land, but i’d rather struggle in the U.S than struggle in Nigeria. And Mind you, there are actually some of us that are doing great whether we live in Nigeria or abroad, i live in the U.S and currently working for the same multinational company i worked for in Nigeria, i can do the same stuff i was able to do in Naija except that i live in a much more sane society, most of the friends i have are in similar situation as mine and many are doing way better, they are all well educated and have professional jobs, they are competitive and have the kind of intellectual and technological exposures that average Nigerian worker is not used to, so the folks i know have the competitive edge any day and anywhere over their Nigerian counterparts. If y'all so much hate abroad, why do you keep coming here to have your babies? why not stay back and spend your vacations in Nigeria, they have basically turned my house into something else, it's either they are coming to have babies or coming for vacation, if you are so comfortable with where you are, why not stay back and do all your stuff in Nigeria then i will agree that you guys are really as patriotic as you claim. Bunch of hypocrites!

Your problem seems to be you are not making enough money and still think anyone will be envious of your broke azz. If you are comfortable you wouldnt be complaining about the few visitors you have over there. Where have brotherly love gone to? What of we in naija that have relatives living in our houses all year round?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by darkman200: 11:32pm On Nov 13, 2010
invisible!:

Your problem seems to be you are not making enough money and still think anyone will be envious of your broke azz. If you are comfortable you wouldnt be complaining about the few visitors you have over there. Where have brotherly love gone to? What of we in naija that have relatives living in our houses all year round?

When i see comments from retards like you , I feel grateful to Almighty God that am no longer in that crazy country. Yippee!!!- Go and get a day job dumbazz
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by LeMoor(m): 2:11am On Nov 14, 2010
OJ2010:

@Cap 28- Thanks for saying the truth.

I know Nigerians for who we are will not own up to the fact that generally speaking abroad is not a 'bed of roses'. I have traveled far and wide due to the fact that i work for a multinational oil company and i am presently outside Nigeria for more than 1 yr now on cross-posting and what i can say is that there is no place like home.
Over these years i have seen Nigerians living abroad or just 'existing' abroad doing all sorts of jobs that you can't even imagine and yet just 'existing'. How many of these nairalanders that can boast of making 60-70K pounds per annum in UK legitimately? I have a brother that has been living in the UK with his family for 5yrs and everytime i visit London i always tell him to finish his degree and go back home because he will better of in Nigeria as some of his mates in the university are far ahead of him now.
I read a July 2009 JPT (journal of petroleum technology) magazine on job outlook where it was stated that many of the non-uk MSC Imperial college graduates 36 of 51 did not apply for jobs but decided to go back home What does it mean?
1.That people are getting to realise that you will be better of in your home country if you have the necessary competencies
2.There is nothing wrong in going abroad but strive to make yourself better by getting additional certification to position yourself for better opportunities at home.

A lot of Nigerians are still wraped up in their memories of getting 1st degree at home and not getting employment for years and manage to get into UK and US and start working in TESCO, NHS, Walmat etc and just earning just enough to survive and they will be the first to tell you that can't come back home.
How can they come back home when they have not been able to make themselves competitive?
Based on my contacts with them a lot of Nigerians really want to come back home but they are not in a position to do that now because its almost too late.

You need to get out a bit more and widen your sphere of interaction and go beyond the losers you know, What do you mean working for the NHS? Hope you know there are doctors that are employees of the NHS also?
I do agree with you on one thing though, 'abroad' is not a bed of Roses, neither is any other location in the world,
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by spikedcylinder: 2:32am On Nov 14, 2010
I knew it was only a matter of time before this thread turned into pure fuckery. undecided
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Busybody2(f): 2:38am On Nov 14, 2010
pstylish:

Of course I don't expect you guys to say you regret even though I know you really do.But we know the truth.We know all the horrible details. Why some of you may never come back because of shame.
You guys are all hustlers looking for the easy way out.Unfortunately, it turns out harder.
Come back home and stop being a third class citizen(the latinos are 2nd class) earning one-third of your mates pay simply because you are black.
There is no place like home.

You nailed it, the delivery is kinda harsh though, well the truth is a bitter pill to swallow but i guess it needed to be said lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

inviscible:
There are no countries where Nigerians are not treated like lepers. Ask those in Cotonou, its not about the country where you stay, its about abandoning a fight because you think the battlefield is bloody and another battlefield will be easier. Thats the mentality I have problems with.

NIGERIANS AND THEIR RAT RACE MENTALITY lipsrsealed

I can't believe someone recently posted that he took over $10k to US as an international student and ran out of funds hence scared his Uni would report him to the Department of Homeland Security as he had no means of paying next semester's tuition fees, [b]and the one reverbarating comment the people commiserating with him were saying was he should have had at least $20,000 funds in the first year shocked $20k that majority would not be able to save in 5 years, $20,000 cash that majority might never ever again see in the flesh shocked especially with the recession and depression that has got the whole World in a chokehold and vice-like grip shocked shocked shocked

N3million naira, and this figure does not include the countless dosh that had been thrown down the drain in procuring the visa,ticket, etc undecided Hmmn, it is well sha lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by chic2pimp(m): 2:43am On Nov 14, 2010
Hell Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. . . . . . . . I repeat Hell Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Methinks I left at the right time.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by OvieE: 3:12am On Nov 14, 2010
WHAT IS THERE IN NIGERIA FOR ONE TO REGRET?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by isalegan2: 3:25am On Nov 14, 2010
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad?

Yes.  Though I had little say in the matter, on account of age.  smiley  But it will be rectified - soon.  My life goals cannot be achieved in another man's country.   I don't relate to this people and I don't care about them.  

I'd rather be at home making a contribution.  (Other than sending western union remittances!)  

It's a personal decision.  I don't begrudge those who choose to stay abroad, or those who are trying to leave Nigeria.  I just cannot abide self-loathing Africans.  It is one thing to make your choice, but why put down your country?  Too many posters here have a pathological hatred of all things Nigeria and use any excuse to highlight and ridicule where the country is struggling.  You know who you are.  If you hate your race so much, go bleach your skin and straighten your nose.  It can be done.  Then you can stop crying when you look in the mirror!   grin

-Isale Gangan
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by shotuns: 3:26am On Nov 14, 2010
CAPITALLLLLLLLLLL 'NO'
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Busybody2(f): 3:43am On Nov 14, 2010
invisible!:

Ouch, what a nice and insightful comeback cheesy Sorry Darkman, that musta hurt like hell, tee hee hee grin

tani123:

seeking to know our divine destiny and where it lies should be the motivation and therefore reason we seek to leave our home countries. unfortunately, the majority of people, nigerians in particular are motivated by the need for 'making it' and comfort as their reasons for moving abroad. while there is nothing wrong with this, it is painful to watch when so many of us then look back on our lives abroad to see that the only thing we have to show for all the years there are the material status symbols of our westernised lives - and nothing with eternal value that can really give us a sense of satisfaction or sense of having been a real blessing to many. this lack of fulfillment of our individual divine destinies is what really lies behind questions such as 'do you regret moving abroad'.
God has made us africans - indeed, nigerians, for a reason. whether we choose to leave or stay should only be part of the bigger quest to find out what are God's plans for our individual lives are.
remember, the Book says, "what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world, yet loses his own soul( i.e his very identity)?

Gbam. cool
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by BlueMagic2(m): 4:13am On Nov 14, 2010
If most of you that condemn & beef those that live abroad had an open opportunity 2 leave Nigeria, i believe you wont think twice about packin your bags & baggages & headin to the airport. If e.g America were to make it visa free 4 Nigeria, believe me 90% of Nigerians will be out of there b4 night falls. Where would you rather have a quality education? Nigeria or abroad? Where would you rather have a house of your own where u got security, electricity, rule of law, quality health care etc Nigeria or abroad. Even your so called leaders know this, why do u think they rather send their kids abroad to school, own houses abroad etc. And 4 you Nigerians living a rich life abroad & expect the people to kiss ur A@# becos u are rich like they do in Nigeria, well Bleep y'all!!!! Thats why u are livin in a civilised society where nobody gives a damn how much u got or u make, cos here every1 has the same equal rights & nobody is above the law, Rich or Poor. so if u want some1 to kiss ur A@# cos u are rich well go back to Nigeria where u can have u A$% kissed all day & do wateva & oppress the poor. Once again i say Bleep y'all!!!!!!!! So instead of being myopic try & better urself, improve urself rather than being ignorant. There's a sayin "I thot my father's farm was the biggest in the world until, Agreed there's no place like home but wherever u lay ur head becomes ur home.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (34)

Lekki Conservation Centre LCC: An Overview Of The Longest Canopy Walk In Africa / Air Peace Introduces B737-800 New Generation Aircraft Into Its Operations(photos / Helicopter Carrying India's Chief Of Defence Staff, Gen Bipin Rawat Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.