Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . (2700 Views)

What's That Song That Reminds Of Your Significant Other? / Men's Pennies Can't Keep Secrets Shaa / Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Magnoliaa(f): 7:12pm On Oct 27, 2019

-when should you?
-what kind of "secrets''/issues are worth keeping?
-should you keep a secret from them?
-why?

2 Likes

Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by kunleweb: 10:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
Secrets like I went to a prophet to find husband he told me to EFF my pants and stand stark naked so he'll bath me. He didn't do it o. He just bath me and right after you came along tongue Johnnyspute grin

4 Likes

Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Magnoliaa(f): 10:30pm On Oct 27, 2019
kunleweb:
Secrets like I went to a prophet to find husband he told me to EFF my pants and stand stark naked so he'll bath me. He didn't do it o. He just bath me and right after you came along tongue Johnnyspute grin

lol. This is soo wrong! Why should one be seeking 'diabolical' spiritual help just to find a husband?

2 Likes

Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by kunleweb: 10:32pm On Oct 27, 2019
Magnoliaa:

lol. This is soo wrong! Why should one be seeking 'diabolical' spiritual help just to find a husband?

Just bored my dear. Wanted to crack a funny joke. Ladies do all sorts, even way beyond this. I used to move round town till 2-3am ish. Given up on all ladies o.

1 Like

Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Magnoliaa(f): 10:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
kunleweb:

Just bored my dear. Wanted to crack a funny joke. Ladies do all sorts, even way beyond this. I used to move round town till 2-3am ish. Given up on all ladies o.

Then they have no business being in a relationship. Especially one in which the other party is ignorant of how the r/ship came to be.

But have you dated any of such Ladies? Why give up on women?

1 Like

Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by kunleweb: 10:48pm On Oct 27, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Then they have no business being in a relationship. Especially one in which the other party is ignorant of how the r/ship came to be.

But have you dated any of such Ladies?Why give up on women?

Well. Let's say ive been behind the scenes with too many females and my heart has become cold to women generally as a result. Imagine such a scenario. I wanted to call a foreign client back before the whole e-recharging thingey, so I decided to jump into a neighborhood chilling spit as the only area operating biz @ past 11. Guez what I saw your sisters doing oh. Over 300 good looking churchy ladies were trading in an area with not more than 30 guys coming to patronize their goods

Anyways that's that

After having great expectations with ladies messing up, ive come to the conclusion that loving is for weak persons. Loving is a media propaganda orchestrated and loyal people don't exist. Again seeing what ladies do back stage makes me lose all hope. I've been opportuned to sex ladies that . How do I put it. Loyalty is dead. Loving is placing one's heart in another person's hands. This makes loving even harder. Selfish ambitions, self centeredness has killed relationships

Our mother of Zion in the Lord Henitan24 is here. Mummy

By the way, not all secrets should be shared with your other while the relationship is in its growing stage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Magnoliaa(f): 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2019
kunleweb:

Well. Let's say ive been behind the scenes with too many females and my heart has become cold to women generally as a result. Imagine such a scenario. I wanted to call a foreign client back before the whole e-recharging thingey, so I decided to jump into a neighborhood chilling spit as the only area operating biz @ past 11. Guez what I saw your sisters doing oh. Over 300 good looking churchy ladies were trading in an area with not more than 30 guys coming to patronize their goods
Nobody is my sister, please.
Lol.

But that's just those ladies now. You cannot judge every woman in the world based on their actions.

Anyways that's that

After having great expectations with ladies messing up, ive come to the conclusion that loving is for weak persons. Loving is a media propaganda orchestrated and loyal people don't exist. Again seeing what ladies do back stage makes me lose all hope. I've been opportuned to sex ladies that . How do I put it. Loyalty is dead. Loving is placing one's heart in another person's hands. This makes loving even harder. Selfish ambitions, self centeredness has killed relationships
Why do say loving is a propaganda orchestrated by the media?

Our mother of Zion in the Lord Henitan24 is here. Mummy

By the way, not all secrets should be shared with your other while the relationship is in its growing stage.
That's true @last statement. I agree. There should be some level of trust and openness achieved first.
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by kunleweb: 11:34pm On Oct 27, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Nobody is my sister, please.
Lol.

But that's just those ladies now. You cannot judge every woman in the world based on their actions.

Why do say loving is a propaganda orchestrated by the media?

That's true @last statement. I agree. There should be some level of trust and openness achieved first.

Denying your sisters. Okay o

I was so shocked seeing 300 ladies that I had to run fast home call my hommies to come see

Anyways, for we men, loving implies giving up pur personal spaces, information, private lives and co. And its difficult creating space for someone to fill this void giving the selfish,self-centered actions that have become the new norm these days. Loyalty is gone down the drain. And loving without loyalty isn't loving dear.

I personally wouldn't want any lady to tell me stuff when I'm unready to hear them. Even the heart of men is filled with blood

2 Likes

Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Magnoliaa(f): 12:05am On Oct 28, 2019
kunleweb:

Denying your sisters. Okay o

I was so shocked seeing 300 ladies that I had to run fast home call my hommies to come see

300 hundred ladies to the billions out there.

Anyways, for we men, loving implies giving up pur personal spaces, information, private lives and co.

Not always so. Personal lives should be balanced with equally with a (romantic) relationship. If you have to "change"
who you are, or allow your identity fade in a relationship - then it's not a right one.

And its difficult creating space for someone to fill this void giving the selfish,self-centered actions that have become the new norm these days. Loyalty is gone down the drain. And loving without loyalty isn't loving dear.

I personally wouldn't want any lady to tell me stuff when I'm unready to hear them. Even the heart of men is filled with blood

hm.
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by BotafogoJunior(m): 7:10am On Oct 28, 2019
Kunleweb and magnoliaa,pls you guys should continue these i am so so interested!!

3 Likes

Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by BotafogoJunior(m): 7:18am On Oct 28, 2019
After having great expectations with ladies messing up, ive come to the conclusion that loving is for weak persons. Loving is a media propaganda orchestrated and loyal people don't exist. Again seeing what ladies do back stage makes me lose all hope. I've been opportuned to sex ladies that . How do I put it. Loyalty is dead. Loving is placing one's heart in another person's hands. This makes loving even harder. Selfish ambitions, self centeredness has killed relationships.
What kunleweb wrote above sums up the problem and solution to the so called love these days,we all need loyalty and not just nonsense love.....loyalty like i am gangster is what i practise everyday of my life even in religion loyalty is needed but i see the female sex of these modern era are too weak to be loyal to their partners instead they owe loyalty to the highest bidder of their love ,which further establishes the fact that life is economics afterall.
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by kunleweb: 7:19am On Oct 28, 2019
BotafogoJunior:
Kunleweb and magnoliaa,pls you guys should continue these i am so so interested!!

grin
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by kunleweb: 7:20am On Oct 28, 2019
BotafogoJunior:
After having great expectations with ladies messing up, ive come to the conclusion that loving is for weak persons. Loving is a media propaganda orchestrated and loyal people don't exist. Again seeing what ladies do back stage makes me lose all hope. I've been opportuned to sex ladies that . How do I put it. Loyalty is dead. Loving is placing one's heart in another person's hands. This makes loving even harder. Selfish ambitions, self centeredness has killed relationships.
What kunleweb wrote above sums up the problem and solution to the so called love these days,we all need loyalty and not just nonsense love.....loyalty like i am gangster is what i practise everyday of my life even in religion loyalty is needed but i see the female sex of these modern era are too weak to be loyal to their partners instead they owe loyalty to the highest bidder of their love ,which further establishes the fact that life is economics afterall.

wink
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Modernist: 8:24am On Oct 28, 2019
There's no love only interest, and when that's gone it's unto the next interest.
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by kunleweb: 8:26am On Oct 28, 2019
Modernist:
There's no love only interest, and when that's gone it's unto the next interest.

Sharp
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Magnoliaa(f): 1:41am On Oct 31, 2019
BotafogoJunior:

What kunleweb wrote above sums up the problem and solution to the so called love these days,we all need loyalty and not just nonsense love.....

You can be loyal to an unfaithful, disrespectful lover. So, loyalty isn't the only thing.

loyalty like i am gangster is what i practise everyday of my life even in religion loyalty is needed but i see the female sex of these modern era are too weak to be loyal to their partners instead they owe loyalty to the highest bidder of their love ,which further establishes the fact that life is economics afterall.

Everyone is in it together. LOL men women. Everybody is playing the other person. But to the OP question: do you think you should tell everything to your partner? Or withhold some things? What kind of secrets should be kept?
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Magnoliaa(f): 1:45am On Oct 31, 2019
Modernist:
[b]There's no love only interest,[/b]and when that's gone it's unto the next interest.

Oh. I tried to grasp this for a moment. I thought you mean 'love-only' interest. Like an interest based on love. So, you do think then that one shouldn't tell everything to their partner or 'current interest?'
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 31, 2019
I don't keep secrets. I'm an open book... I'm learning not to share everything slowly grin

4 Likes

Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Magnoliaa(f): 1:54am On Oct 31, 2019
Guest007:
I don't keep secrets.

Wow cheesy. I feel this is both good and not-so-good. Good as in you're very open, expressing your thoughts, free. But you don't tell really personal or sensitive matters, especially ones friends kept with you to others?

I'm an open book... I'm learning not to share everything slowly grin

hmm. Nice.
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Nobody: 2:01am On Oct 31, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Wow cheesy. I feel this is both good and not-so-good. Good as in you're very open, expressing your thoughts, free. But you don't tell really personal or sensitive matters, especially ones friends kept with you to others?

hmm. Nice.

I'm vault for others but my own I can't keep grin

It's good and bad because I'm the type of fool who'll tell her man every idiot that toast me that day and we could laugh about it but I think this is unhealthy because what if he feels way? But then he loves my honesty but I can overdo it undecided

1 Like

Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Modernist: 9:33am On Nov 01, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Oh. I tried to grasp this for a moment. I thought you mean 'love-only' interest. Like an interest based on love. So, you do think then that one shouldn't tell everything to their partner or 'current interest?'
Yes, because the interest might fade sometime.
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Magnoliaa(f): 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2019
Guest007:

I'm vault for others but my own I can't keep grin

It's good and bad because I'm the type of fool who'll tell her man every idiot that toast me that day and we could laugh about it but I think this is unhealthy because what if he feels way? But then he loves my honesty but I can overdo it undecided

Well it's not a bad thing really, especially in relationships. You don't share others' secrets, so that's great

And as for your honesty, I think it's one important 'adhesive' in a relationship. It's the person you're in with that matters. It's not foolish to me.
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by desvi: 4:19pm On Nov 01, 2019
friends or family members share their secrets with me
I will keep them to myself
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 01, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Well it's not a bad thing really, especially in relationships. You don't share others' secrets, so that's great

And as for your honesty, I think it's one important 'adhesive' in a relationship. It's the person you're in with that matters. It's not foolish to me.

I don't know, I was chatting to my sister about this last night (I was honest and told one of my nephew that I didn't remember his son's name...
And she was shocked that I did that. grin)
she's the opposite of me, she'd play it out and extract her answers without asking... She's conservative and some what secretive. I admire her but I think in sharing we help others around us. She finds me somehow, like... erm... ghetto grin
she sees it as a 'class' thing...I don't know

2 Likes

Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2019
When you are married to someone, you'll just have to trust them with the truth. ALWAYS. unless the secret is not yours to share. Like a sibling's or parent's secret.

If it will affect your family directly, especially negatively, then you must tell him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Magnoliaa(f): 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2019
desvi:
friends or family members share their secrets with me
I will keep them to myself

Yeah. Doing that is definitely not okay. It's none of their business. And you're in no place to tell them.

What about things about you? 'Secrets' or personal issues, stuff relating to you?

Are there some you can't share with your SO?
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Magnoliaa(f): 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2019
Guest007:

I don't know, I was chatting to my sister about this last night (I was honest and told one of my nephew that I didn't remember his son's name...
And she was shocked that I did that. grin)
she's the opposite of me, she'd play it out and extract her answers without asking... She's conservative and some what secretive.

Wow. You're blunt that way? Lmao. That happens to me too. I forget names and very minute things about people, but it's usually because I'm not so interested about the info.

Sometimes I tell them I don't remember, and sometime I just go about it the way your sister do.

I like that you don't pretend about such. It's the intent that matters to me. As long as you aren't being inconsiderate.

grin
I admire her but I think in sharing we help others around us. She finds me somehow, like... erm... ghetto grin

Yes. Sharing for the benefit of others. Because some 'deliberately' share to cause problem or bad-mouth.

Finding you ghetto as in you being too wild or not giving a damn about people, rules, etc??

she sees it as a 'class' thing...I don't know

Or like you don't conform?
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Lamanii22(f): 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
kunleweb:

Lmao.... Shii like this happens a lot...
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by kunleweb: 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2019
Lamanii22:

Lmao.... Shii like this happens a lot...

grin wink
Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by themaestro08(m): 8:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
Let them know everything about you unless if its something that has to do with your family or a very dark secret that disclosing it may probably ruin the relationship.

Honesty and trust are one of pillars of a healthy relationship.

1 Like

Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 01, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Wow. You're blunt that way? Lmao. That happens to me too. I forget names and very minute things about people, but it's usually because I'm not so interested about the info.

Sometimes I tell them I don't remember, and sometime I just go about it the way your sister do.

I like that you don't pretend about such. It's the intent that matters to me. As long as you aren't being inconsiderate.

Yes. Sharing for the benefit of others. Because some 'deliberately' share to cause problem or bad-mouth.

Finding you ghetto as in you being too wild or not giving a damn about people, rules, etc??

Or like you don't conform?

When I say share I meant instead of playing it cool like my sister does, I would say I don't know something...
Maybe others too don't know... So, my intention in being open is to help, whereas people like my sister who are secretive do it for this purpose: aligned with 'self-preservation' and there's no malice, its just that her business is her business. I might call her secretive and cunningbut she calls me names like a rebel or a none confirming wild child when I'm actually trying to do my part for humanity grin...

What I'm saying is that it's never a clear cut rule for determining which is better. She's trying to survive and preserve herself within set guidelines. And I hate secrets because I have major trust issues. I can barely trust people with the truth as it is.

1 Like

Re: When To Keep Secrets From Your Significant Other. . . by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2019
themaestro08:
Let them know everything about you unless if its something that has to do with your family or a very dark secret that disclosing it may probably ruin the relationship.

Honesty and trust are one of pillars of a healthy relationship.

I'd say work on your issues and dark secrets before involving a partner and children into things. Secrets, especially the dark kind are destructive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! A Brother Is About To Make The Biggest Mistake Of His Life. / He Killed Two Dogs With His Car / Is It Safe To Be In A Serious Relationship With Girls From BENIN REPUBLIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.