Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Her Responsibility, My Right - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Responsibility, My Right (2281 Views)

Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri / Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? / I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Responsibility, My Right by Iyke4400: 11:25am On Oct 28, 2019
Hello guys
Please I need help on this.
Is it wrong for a woman to wash her husband cloths. I feel is part of their responsibilities to take care of us. I stand corrected and to learn from experienced guys and women.
cheers[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by patani(m): 2:00pm On Oct 28, 2019
It should be done out of love. Not compulsion

Iyke4400:
Hello guys
Is it wrong for a woman to wash her husband cloths. I feel is part of their responsibilities to take care of us. I stand corrected and to learn from experienced guys and women.

11 Likes

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by yeyeosoronga: 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2019
It's not right or wrong.
Who has been washing your clothes before you got married or got a girlfriend? Why can't the person continue washing it for you after marriage, and if you did it yourself why decide to stop after marriage?
Your wife may decide to help you wash your clothes out of the generosity of her heart when she is chanced to do so, but when she doesn't, there's no need to take it personal

13 Likes

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by reykhana(m): 3:55pm On Oct 28, 2019
This is 2019 sir, get a washing machine. Try to think of ways to alleviate the chores done by your wife instead of adding to them.

23 Likes

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by zed7: 4:26pm On Oct 28, 2019
Bro get a machine, these are no longer issues to be discussed. Throw the clothes in the washer, set a timer and go have a beer. Nothing wrong in washing your own clothes if you don't have a machine. Nigerian's fuss too much over every thing whilst leaving the important things unattended to.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2019
Iyke4400:
Hello guys
Get a washing machine

8 Likes

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by SKYloafFISH(f): 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2019
Why not get a maid to help her out. Being a working class lady is hard to combine with most chores

2 Likes

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by Katier00(f): 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2019
Look at what is bothering you op. Go and get a washing machine haba

6 Likes

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by tee59(f): 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
Give your clothes to a dry cleaner. Simple.

7 Likes

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 28, 2019
I never understand why a man would want a woman to wash his clothes, even if she wants to. As a man, you have stronger hands, and would wash your clothes better than her or any washing machine.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by IamR: 6:03pm On Oct 28, 2019
Get a washing machine, if you can't do the laundry, you can get a maid to do it or take your clothes to any laundry centre in your neighbourhood.

7 Likes

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by midnighter(f): 7:38pm On Oct 28, 2019
It used to be part of "female" chores like cooking, cleaning but I think that idea is kind of obsolete now

Either maid or machine because it's too time consuming

7 Likes

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 28, 2019
reykhana:
This is 2019 sir, get a washing machine. Try to think of ways to alleviate the chores done by your wife instead of adding to them.

shocked

It’s 2019, tell most Nigerian ladies to stop depending on men for funds and protection .

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander

1 Like

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by Florblu(f): 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2019
Washing of clothes is no one's responsibility. If you can't help her wash her clothes please don't add your own.

8 Likes

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:51pm On Oct 28, 2019
Men we are not slaves please!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by Iogobenz(m): 11:49pm On Oct 28, 2019
She must wash your clothes,clean the house,cook,cater for kids and give you pussy.
It's her destiny!!
Quote me and die angry

1 Like

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by cococandy(f): 9:14am On Oct 29, 2019
Iogobenz:
She must wash your clothes,clean the house,cook,cater for kids and give you pussy.
It's her destiny!!
Quote me and die angry
Oya come and kill me

1 Like

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by Iogobenz(m): 10:18am On Oct 29, 2019
cococandy:

Oya come and kill me
grin
Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:33am On Oct 29, 2019
I so much love most comments above, very refreshing compared to other times.

4 Likes

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2019
Iyke4400:
Hello guys

Guy, you be pikin or adult?
Before you married who was washing your clothes for you?
I hope tomorrow you won't say na madam responsibility to baff you.

6 Likes

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by Yinibixema: 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2019
yeyeosoronga:
It's not right or wrong.
Who has been washing your clothes before you got married or got a girlfriend? Why can't the person continue washing it for you after marriage, and if you did it yourself why decide to stop after marriage?
Your wife may decide to help you wash your clothes out of the generosity of her heart when she is chanced to do so, but when she doesn't, there's no need to take it personal
The wife must wash it if he insist because it’s part of house chores
Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by Yinibixema: 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2019
BecaciaBarbie:
Men we are not slaves please!!!!
It’s part of house chores as a wife material
Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by Yinibixema: 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2019
Florblu:
Washing of clothes is no one's responsibility. If you can't help her wash her clothes please don't add your own.
It’s her responsibility to wash his clothes because he’s the head
Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by LordKO(m): 3:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
As much as it isn't (or may not be) a woman's responsibility to wash her husband's cloth - either manually or mechanically - or a husband's right to expect such, yet doing so is one of those selfless acts/little things that matter. It's a simple act of either altruism or conscientiousness subject to circumstances. One shouldn't lose humaneness all in the name of emancipation/wokeness. And I don't see a big deal if a man does same or something different of same nature for a wife. A husband and wife aren't supposed to be either frenemies or enemies living together. Anyway, it's obvious that most of you personify inhumaneness and are from dysfunctional and unhappy homes.

In fact, if a woman who's an opportunity cannot volitionally/voluntarily and joyfully wash her husband's cloth, all because of conceit/pride/egotism and self-centeredness/selfishness/greediness/egoism, I wonder why she would expect/accept any form of humane act either in tangible/material or intangible/immaterial form from the same husband.

Sanely, brutishness/meanness/heartlessness/wickedness - small-mindedness in general - shouldn't be something to brag about, so I wonder why most of you now always proudly and openly arrogate same to yourselves - wannabe modern/super/emancipated men and women. SMH.

5 Likes

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by bukatyne(f): 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2019
Iyke4400:
Hello guys

@bold: No

If you see it as her responsibility, what are your responsibilities towards her?
Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by BecaciaBarbie(f): 3:44pm On Oct 29, 2019
Yinibixema:

It’s part of house chores as a wife material
Na so grin
I don’t mind though, but it shouldn’t made compulsory.
Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by Yinibixema: 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2019
BecaciaBarbie:

Na so grin
I don’t mind though, but it shouldn’t made compulsory.
Yea
Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by Fountainofyouth(f): 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2019
LordKO:
As much as it isn't a woman's responsibility to wash her husband's cloth - either manually or mechanically - or a husband's right to expect such, yet doing so is one of those selfless acts/little things that matter. It's a simple act of either altruism or conscientiousness subject to circumstances. One shouldn't lose humaneness all in the name of emancipation/wokeness. And I don't see a big deal if a man does same or something different of same nature for a wife. A husband and wife aren't supposed to be either frenemies or enemies living together. Anyway, it's obvious that most of you personify inhumaneness and are from dysfunctional and unhappy homes.

In fact, if a woman who's an opportunity cannot volitionally/voluntarily and joyfully wash her husband's cloth, all because of conceit/pride/egotism and self-centeredness/selfishness/greediness/egoism, I wonder why she would expect/accept any form of humane act either in tangible/material or intangible/immaterial form from the same husband.

Sanely, brutishness/meanness/heartlessness/wickedness - small-mindedness in general - shouldn't be something to brag about, so I wonder why most of you now always proudly and openly arrogate same to yourselves - wannabe modern/super/emancipated men and women. SMH.

I would never wash any man's clothes, not becos of all what you typed, but cos I do not like doing laundries, what say ye to that? Since you feel choosing not to do something like that means coming from dyfunctional homes and other evil unnecessary words I bolded.

1 Like

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by LordKO(m): 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

I would never wash any man's clothes, not becos of all what you typed, but cos I do not like doing laundries, what say ye to that? Since you feel choosing not to do something like that means coming from dyfunctional homes and other evil unnecessary words I bolded.

"I would never wash any man's clothes" . . . "I do not like doing laundries" The first statement in quote sounds more like it comes from the place of pride and self-centeredness. As for the second statement in quote, since your dislike for doing laundries never stopped you from doing your own laundries either directly of indirectly, what then will be a big deal in doing so for your husband? If it's strictly manual that would be a bit understandable.

2 Likes

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:19pm On Oct 29, 2019
LordKO:

"I would never wash any man's clothes" . . . "I do not like doing laundries" The first statement in quote sounds more like it comes from the place of pride. As for the second statement in quote, since your dislike for doing laundries never stopped you from doing your own laundries either directly of indirectly, what then will be a big deal in doing so for your husband? If it's strictly manual that would be a bit understandable.

Lord better start disliking me o, cos any way you put it just doesn't sit right with me, manual or not, I wouldn't do it, I'd do any other thing except that.

1 Like

Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by LordKO(m): 4:33pm On Oct 29, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

Lord better start disliking me o, cos any way you put it just doesn't sit right with me, manual or not, I wouldn't do it, I'd do any other thing except that.

In fact na manual washing go fit you pass now so dat detergent go peel ur hands
Re: Her Responsibility, My Right by crackhaus: 5:20pm On Oct 29, 2019
LordKO:
As much as it isn't (or may not be) a woman's responsibility to wash her husband's cloth - either manually or mechanically - or a husband's right to expect such, yet doing so is one of those selfless acts/little things that matter. It's a simple act of either altruism or conscientiousness subject to circumstances. One shouldn't lose humaneness all in the name of emancipation/wokeness. And I don't see a big deal if a man does same or something different of same nature for a wife. A husband and wife aren't supposed to be either frenemies or enemies living together. Anyway, it's obvious that most of you personify inhumaneness and are from dysfunctional and unhappy homes.

The substance of this comment (is/will definitely be) lost on those it was intended for.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife's Sexual Life Dropped / Who Will Adopt My Baby / How Do One Know The Right Husband To Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.