Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? (26815 Views)

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Her Responsibility, My Right / Woman Divorce Husband Over Depriving Her Sex For 2 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by questionanswer: 10:24am On Apr 24, 2022
Hi everyone,

My father happened to be the first son of my grandfather who automatically inherit his lands and other properties.

My father just died and since I'm the first son of my father. Which means I'm automatically inherit and in charge of those inheritance.

Now my uncles are all ganging up against me. These guys not allowing me to do the burial of my father who passed away for a while now.

They keep giving different excuses on why the burial will not hold.

They gang up and cancel the burial i fixed previously and I lost everything. All what I spent for the burial arrangements was wasted.

I really want to charge them for this.

They are using the influence that if they are not in support the burial will not hold.

These uncles has really fustrate me and I keep spending money and wasting my precious time traveling back to the village for series of meetings just to please them.

Yet they're not approving my burying my father. Not like they are giving me any money for the burial. I'm the one handling it yet they no gree.

They said i cannot inherit the grandfather and my father's properties..so I cannot do my father burial. And these are for their own selfish motives.

The Kingsman and the king supports me and has cautious the uncles to desease from such. But yet they still persist.

I have tried to make peace and peace with them as family concern but yet they are all still ganging up. And wow to fustrate me.

Now my patience has ruined out. I'm in mood for actions now.

I want to take matter higher than the community level with them now.

I'm thinking taking them to court now. But I don't know the process.

I'm seeking for the right direction i can take to solve such issue.

Thank you so much �

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by chatinent: 10:43am On Apr 24, 2022
1. Even if your father is the first son, it doesn't mean he'll inherit the whole property of your grandfather if he has brothers. Get it right. I don't know your tribe but I suspect Igbo. Understand that being the first son gives one a privilege to choose first or have the bigger share in property sharing but not taking all. Every male child MUST inherit a share, unless he was disowned. Now, why did your father claim all the property to himself when he had brothers?

2. If the property of your grandfather hasn't been shared rightfully to his sons and your father says he inherited them, it is wrong. I mean, it is very wrong. That's why they are back. And it may be that they've been waiting for this hour to strike...and sadly, you may not get any share...judging from what your father did to them. They are bringing payback in a platter of bronze.

I may be wrong with my conclusion of things if you are not Ibo tho..but..

3. Go ahead and bury your father...that's if you understand the force in what I infer. The dead must be buried, with or without their consent.

Anyways, I am available for thesis and dissertation writing. I submit with a Turnitin report.

231 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by duduade: 10:51am On Apr 24, 2022
Be ready to also fight this battle spiritually

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by yanabasee(m): 11:02am On Apr 24, 2022
OP....

You have to understand that the properties must be shared....

And they have their right to decide as well... Before the deceased became your father, he was first and foremost their brothers.... And you can't change that ....

And it's your grandfather's properties which also belongs to them... Your Uncle have right to their father's properties....

You've refused to tell us the content of all the meetings you've had with your uncle's and what their plea is...

Are they asking you to share the properties equally or give them a share of it?

I will say that you share it according to their demands.... The left over ones, you share it with your siblings .. and know where your own properties are.... And everyone will be at peace....

You sound like you're well to do... So why dragging properties with your elders?

You don't know that what killed your father can easily kill you too? Do you even know if your uncles have a hand in it?

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by questionanswer: 11:06am On Apr 24, 2022
chatinent:
1. Even if your father is the first son, it doesn't mean he'll inherit the whole propertynof your grandfather if he has brothers. Get it right. Being the first son gives you a privilege to choose first or have the bigger share.

2. If the property of your grandfather hasn't been shared rightfully to his sons and you dad says he inherited them, it is wrong. That's why they are back.

3. Go ahead and bury your father...that's if you understand the force in what I infer.

Yes, I understand. It could have better and easier if my father was able to share the properties but he couldn't.

Now, they are taking over those things now without allowing my father to get involved anymore. I'm not sure it's right too.

I wish it could be shared accordingly

They just want to take over everything as the man is late now. Not sure it's right.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:10am On Apr 24, 2022
...... Hehehe. Op. That your late father is the first son of his father does not him make the sole owner of his father's properties as long as he has other brothers

Was those properties shared among your late father and his brothers before his demise? If no then,you and your uncles should come to get her and share those properties or are you forgetting that they are all birthed by that your grandfather?. Find out .

Those people supporting you are not telling you the truth.

This issue cannot stop you from burying your father because even if they want to share their late father's properties,your father should be buried first.

If you are taking them to court,then do so on the basis that they are stopping you from burying your late father and let them tell the court their reasons.

But if your are suing them because of your grandfather's properties,then make sure you have all the facts to show that the properties have been shared among them.

28 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:14am On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:

Yes, I understand. It could have better and easier if my father was able to share the properties but he couldn't.

Now, they are taking over those things now without allowing my father to get involved anymore. I'm not sure it's right too.

They just want to take over everything as the man is late now. Not sure it's right.

.... If such is the case then they are wrong.
That your father is late does not make him stop being his father's son and besides he has a son too.

The procedure is that the properties should be shared equal among them and you take your late father's share.

The only place they won't share with your father is what we call ISI Obi in Igbo culture as the first son but apart from that,every other properties should be shared equal among you and your uncles.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by questionanswer: 11:24am On Apr 24, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
.... If such is the case then they are wrong.
That your father is late does not make him stop being his father's son and besides he has a son too.

The procedure is that the properties should be shared equal among them and you take your late father's share.

The only place they won't share with your father is what we call ISI Obi in Igbo culture as the first son but apart from that,every other properties should be shared equal among you and your uncles.

Thank you for your input.
You sound well on the matter as Nwaafor Igbo.

I'm not kind of trouble maker. I love peace always. Unfortunately I have just found myself in such suitation.

6 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:26am On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:

Thank you for your input.
You sound well on the matter as Nwaafor Igbo.

I'm not kind of trouble maker. I love peace always. Unfortunately I have just found myself in such suitation.
... Uwc Nwanne.

They can't stop you from burying your late Dad. You can sue them for that but becareful umunna are very strong. Be as wise as a serpent and let them allow you bury your late Dad.

6 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by ibechris(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2022
wink
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by moscobabs(m): 7:20pm On Apr 24, 2022
tongue
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by MadeINchenzen2: 7:20pm On Apr 24, 2022
Landed property issues has sent a lot to early graves. There's something about properties causing conflicts among families we all must try to avoid, especially one that involves uncles and other next of kins.

Let them have the land... do it peacefully, let no harm come to u... those people will target ur life if u won't let them have their way. Stay alive for Nairaland !

If u want to fight back, let them have the land... u can choose to go to court if you like... but as for me, I go put am wotowoto for their body one by one.

I'll let them have the land and take them out one by one

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by hslbroker2(m): 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2022
Hummmm life
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Baawaa(m): 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2022
R
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by dettolgel: 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2022
Sorry for your lose.

One of the things I love about Nigeria is with money anything is possible.

Try to dance to their tune and fix a date two days later frame them anonymously and get them arrested for serious crime. Let the police transfer their case to outside your state.

While they are in detention do your father's burial.

After the burial release them and come back to thank me.

6 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Lexusgs430: 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2022
Do you have to inform them of the burial ?...

Bury your father without their knowledge and watch your back .........

5 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by phemmyfour: 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

My father happened to be the first son of my grandfather who automatically inherit his lands and other properties.

My father just died and since I'm the first son of my father. Which means I'm automatically inherit and in charge of those inheritance.

Now my uncles are all ganging up against me. These guys not allowing me to do the burial of my father who passed away for a while now.

They gang up and cancel the burial i fixed previously and I lost everything. All what I spent for the burial arrangements was wasted.

They are using the influence that if they are not in support the burial will not hold.

These uncles has really fustrate me and I keep spending money and wasting my precious time traveling back to the village for series of meetings just to please them.

Yet they're not approving my burying my father. Not like they are giving me any money for the burial. I'm the one handling it yet they no gree.

They said i cannot inherit the grandfather and my father's properties..so I cannot do my father burial. And these are for their own selfish motives.

The Kingsman and the king supports me and has cautious the uncles to desease from such. But yet they still persist.

I have tried to make peace and peace with them as family concern but yet they are all still ganging up. And wow to fustrate me.

Thank you so much �
Next time you fix a date, go there with soldiers and let's see how they LL prevent you from burying your father

7 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Realists(m): 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
When will these barbaric laws be banned in the Afghaneastern, they always cheat each other right from village, Okoro vs Okoro is none of our business.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Whothecapfits: 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
Oyo
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Lindajames1010: 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
U
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by toxxnoni(m): 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
Dff
Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by sniperr007(m): 7:24pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �

Fortify yourself with prayers.

Then go to the king and share your concerns

Fortify with prayers is very important.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Born2Breed(f): 7:24pm On Apr 24, 2022
Property wahala.

My only advice is to protect yourself and be careful around them.

1 Like

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Pk01(m): 7:25pm On Apr 24, 2022
Benin with their inheritance wahala..

It's only in Benin that all the inheritance goes to the first born... Mad ooh...

Islamically is wrong, u, ur siblings, his wife's ..a times some of the family members..

Don't start what you can not continue.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by SmileDance(f): 7:25pm On Apr 24, 2022
This tradition of the first son inheriting properties alone na wahala.
Go and settle with your uncles and ask then what they want. Share what is left equally among you and your siblings so the trend doesn't continue.

If na me sha, i will buy land somewhere else and bury my father peacefully

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by medriano: 7:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:

They cannot take everything like that. Yes, go to court and fight this.
And also, be ready for spiritual battles. Fortify yourself cos these uncles of yours will do everything to get you out of the way. Did your father die intestate?

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by Hychineson(m): 7:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
questionanswer:
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much �
I was in your shoe. No matter what you are the 1st son of the family. If ur father was a king , who becomes the king after him? Of course it’s you. Be a man, fix ur dad’s burial, make an entry in the police, get security, anybody that stops u should be taken behind bars.

4 Likes

Re: Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? by DoggoneDogg: 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2022
Do what Fela did to OBJ
Carry his corpse in a casket and drop it at their gate.

Gaskiyya

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One / My Wife Prefers Staying At Home All Day Doing Nothing / My Wife Is Always Sad Whenever I Send Money To My Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.