Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters (27976 Views)

Shina Peters: "I Have Slept With 100 Women" / Omawumi, Shina Peters, Tony Tetuila, Waje & More At American Honey’s 90’s Party / Picture Of Dele Momodu, Chris Okotie And Shina Peters In The 90s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by londoner: 10:39pm On Nov 12, 2010
When I think of Nigerian musicians of old wo had something to say, Shina Peters does not come to mind. All I remember is his gyrating sweaty "aunties" in his videos.

Tuface has songs with substance, maybe not all but some. He has featured and written songs which agknoledged African beauty at a time when Black woman the world over needed to hear it. He has songs where he tasks present day Nigerian leaders and society.

Some of his other stuff may be without substance though, but is it a crime?

2face is not worried, he is too busy in the studio with Mary J Blige, Shina is still singing at weddings.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by adconline(m): 10:51pm On Nov 12, 2010
Shina Peters is clueless. He doesnt know that the ship has left him. It's like NOEL GALLAGHER  of OASIS who said that JAY-Z was bad for Glastonbury and threatened that he would pull out if Jay-Z was included.

"I wish for you a hundred years of success but it's my time
Cheers, toast to crime." Jay-Z.

Shina, it's time for TUFACE, you had ur time. Make u go find work  another work do.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by buzugee(m): 11:07pm On Nov 12, 2010
adconline:

Shina Peters is clueless. He doesnt know that the ship has left him. It's like NOEL GALLAGHER  of OASIS who said that JAY-Z was bad for Glastonbury and threatened that he would pull out if Jay-Z was included.

"I wish for you a hundred years of success but it's my time
Cheers, toast to crime." Jay-Z.

Shina, it's time for TUFACE, you had your time. Make u go find work  another work do.

you know that is the problem with nigeria today. nobody wants to be accountable to anybody anymore. in order to move forward you have to acknowledge  the giants whose shoulders you are standing on. the people who did it before you. the people who paved the way for you. and the pioneers have a right to criticize the direction in which music is going. american rappers do it all the time. they take advise and deal with criticism from the pioneers. believe it or not shina peters is one of the pioneers of nigerian music. he has paid the cost to be the boss. he has earned the right to critique. the pioneers of nigerian music are shina peters, fela, ayinde barrister, talawa, kolington, ebenezer obey, sunny ade, victor uwaifo, nico mbarga. these are the people who started the foundation of music in naija. prior to that nigerians listened to music from abroad
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by amor4ce(m): 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2010
@Bamsyle, SSA apologized for his association with Abacha. Not all who performed that day said they were sorry. One in particular, a woman, even sounded arrogant (if my memory serves me right).
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by vislabraye(m): 11:33pm On Nov 12, 2010
i know where sir s peters is coming from. He doesn't know the meaning of "empty". He could have as well spoken in his native dialect and have it translated in English.
But since he wants to prove to us he knows English, then he has only exposed his foolishness. He should rather give constructive criticism instead of castigating him. Did any one ever tongue lash him when he was singing junk?Tu face songs make more meaning than his, so i don't see any emptiness.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by cap28: 1:03am On Nov 13, 2010
hmm i wonder what would make "sir" shina peters attack young, good looking tuface - could it be jealousy
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by igboboy1(m): 4:10am On Nov 13, 2010
cap28:

hmm i wonder what would make "sir" shina peters attack young, good looking tuface - could it be jealousy

before nkor? Jealousy at its height, Was he not the one that came out with one wack song about henessy or so with all these young cats(MI, NNeka and some other?), THAT SONG WAS EMPTY
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by sulad82i(m): 5:14am On Nov 13, 2010
igbo boy:

before nkor? Jealousy at its height, Was he not the one that came out with one wack song about henessy or so with all these young cats(MI, NNeka and some other?), THAT SONG WAS EMPTY

LOL grin grin

Mr wack peters
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by bawomolo(m): 5:32am On Nov 13, 2010
londoner:

Tuface has songs with substance, maybe not all but some. He has featured and written songs which agknoledged African beauty at a time when Black woman the world over needed to hear it. He has songs where he tasks present day Nigerian leaders and society.

why do you need a music video to tell you about your beauty? tu-face is definitely far from a social activist.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by tosinaded(m): 5:53am On Nov 13, 2010
2face is a legend already,empty or half full. . . I dnt give a fuk!

If any1 of u was at his show. .u'll respect the dude i swear.

As 4 u SSP. .ure not worth my comments!
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by tosinaded(m): 5:53am On Nov 13, 2010
2face is a legend already,empty or half full. . . I dnt give a fuk!

If any1 of u was at his show. .u'll respect the dude i swear.

As 4 u SSP. .ure not worth my comments!
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by rasputinn(m): 8:00am On Nov 13, 2010
[size=16pt]Don't blame Shina soonest-recover Peter,he's afflicted by the twin mallaise of illiteracy and effects of consuming contaminated kparaga[/size]
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by GBT(m): 8:10am On Nov 13, 2010
but wetin bros Shina get? ,make him go sit down jare.

his naughty person child is all over the place wreaking havoc and he talks of a young man making a decent living empty. yeye

Pot calling kettle black you know
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Diligence: 10:00am On Nov 13, 2010
Tuface would accept this criticism constructively, while fools just fool around!
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by londoner: 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2010
@ Diligence, there was no constructive criticism, only a put down. There is nothing constructive to take from someone calling you empty, just like someone calling you a failure. Its too complete to take anything positive from it. The only thing Tuface can do is ignore him and carry on making a success of himself.

If anything Shina's outburst shows him up as a very arrogant and jealous person. I mean we have no Queen in Nigeria yet he calls himsel "sir", shows you the type of mind he is working with.

Artists of superior acclaim than him have not come out to say such things.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by spikytang(m): 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2010
Sup Nairaland. You guys neeed to remove topics like this from your homepage cos it not worth wastin time to read. Shina should go to NTA Bndstand and continue being full of stuffs, Bullshit
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by fASHiam(m): 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2010
Tuface is more successful than Shina Peters in a shorter period. He Shina Peters should be thinking of learning from Tuface rather than criticize.

Check out stuffs like phones, electronics and more from the below link;
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by kenny9(m): 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2010
Shina must be crazy 2 say dat 2 our 2bába
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by phraze(m): 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2010
lol, that man might know something we dont know of 2face
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by bkbabe97y(m): 8:38pm On Nov 13, 2010
What is a Sir Shina Peters? undecided
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by chelseabmw(m): 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2010
This Shina Peters should pls shut up
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by LagosBoi2(m): 7:51am On Nov 14, 2010
Na your First Born wey dey Kirikiri dey chop beans dey Empty. 2face Idibia is delivering good music at all time. Kalas
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by obi123: 8:27am On Nov 14, 2010
yes sir shina peters tuface is empty and u are full of dog poo
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Cougar: 1:16pm On Nov 14, 2010
buzugee:

you know that is the problem with nigeria today. nobody wants to be accountable to anybody anymore. in order to move forward you have to acknowledge  the giants whose shoulders you are standing on. the people who did it before you. the people who paved the way for you. and the pioneers have a right to criticize the direction in which music is going. american rappers do it all the time. they take advise and deal with criticism from the pioneers. believe it or not shina peters is one of the pioneers of nigerian music. he has paid the cost to be the boss. he has earned the right to critique. the pioneers of nigerian music are shina peters, fela, ayinde barrister, talawa, kolington, ebenezer obey, sunny ade, victor uwaifo, nico mbarga. these are the people who started the foundation of music in naija. prior to that nigerians listened to music from abroad

like i said, it's the bubble-gum generation. the same set of people will tell you kanu nwankwo is more talented than segun odegbami because nwankwo won the caf player of the year and the olympic medal.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by tkb417(m): 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2010
Whoever says Peters is not a legend deserves a dirty slap. What kinda bullchit is that?

As for calling Tu Face empty, that's stupid and he shdnt be found saying stuff like that. As SSP was in those days in the music industry, that's how Tu Face is today. Tuface is a legend in waiting and he has done well so far

To some dimwits, odegbami is not as talented as Kanu cos Kanu is richer

And these kinda people come online to spew bunkum and yet want sane people to respond.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2010
Empty in what sense really? If it were like few years ago, I would understand, but tuface' recent album actually shows he's not empty. Empty is too vague a word to be using like that. I'll just blame it on 'English'.
For the person asking who would your parents listen to between Shina and tuface. Of course is it not Shina, the same way they would ignore JayZ and go for James Brown. It's just a generation divide, no big deal. I bet then their own parents would be like James Brown who? That small boy that dances like he has epilepsy?

Sir Shina this is how to talk tongue. Hear Femi on Nigerian artistes, start from 4.41.

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_avrWNu-uEc?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by kenuoyibo(m): 11:15pm On Nov 14, 2010
I used to doubt 2face's creativity since it was black face who wrote 'african queen', but his last album has convinced me far beyond reasonable doubt that he has d swagger of d new generation artiste.
2face has achieved in terms of awards, what has shina peters achieved. His own is just to charge pple gate fee in america and play the same'ol same ol' bullshit 4 pple, whereas 2face brings out new stuff from time to time and his music is acceptable among a cross-section of africans.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by buzugee(m): 5:45am On Nov 15, 2010
kenuoyibo:

I used to doubt 2face's creativity since it was black face who wrote 'african queen', but his last album has convinced me far beyond reasonable doubt that he has d swagger of d new generation artiste.
2face has achieved in terms of awards, what has shina peters achieved. His own is just to charge pple gate fee in america and play the same'ol same ol' bullshit 4 pple, whereas 2face brings out new stuff from time to time and his music is acceptable among a cross-section of africans.
he for allow una to get in free of charge. see him mouth. ole ajibole grin

in forty years time lets see if tuface can even pull in up to 5 people into his concerts. shina, forty years down the line still pulls crowd. what does that tell you about the man ?
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by kaybee2ng(m): 9:25am On Nov 15, 2010
Well One Thing Is Clear, Grammer Has Never Been Sir Shina Peters Language, So He Probably Dont Understand What The Word "Empty" Mean. Advise Him To Buy A Dicco. Of Course So Many Fools Will Agree With Sir Shina Peters Becuase They Are Not Just Empty But They Are Fill With Hatred For 2Baba, Do U Know Why? ItS Becuase Why They Are Finding it So Difficult To Get Laid, 2face Always getting Lucky With The African Queens, We are still counting
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by oyinda3(f): 9:52am On Nov 15, 2010
i think we should wait to read the full story first. because what is in the first post is just a snippet of what he said. who knows, maybe his quote was taken out of context.
but I definitely respect shina peters talent more than 2face though.  but peters shouldn't have done any finger pointing. that was wrong of him to put 2face in the spotlight or chose him as a target.
to me, musicians of nowadays are not empty or untalented. just victims of circumstance but I think there is lots of opportunity for them to cultivate their talents and also learn from older musicians and revive music in nigeria as a real form of art.

to quote from a blog on nigerian music (old school vs new school):

"How to explain the dire state of the Nigerian music scene? Judging by what's being spun at parties in Milwaukee these days, it's beset by a plague of cheapo synthesizers and ticky-tacky drum machines, and the less said about the derivative sludge known as "Naija Hip-Hop" the better!
The trend toward artifice and away from artistry. . ."

http://likembe..com/2009/10/new-igbo-thing.html
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by furacao(m): 2:21pm On Nov 15, 2010
SSP should wish him soonest recover from the emptiness, !

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by eghost247(m): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2010
Shina Shouldn't Have Said That
But Shina is a Living Legend No Doubt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) / Skales Accused Of Abusing Drug, Rohypnol Before Performance / Yul Edochie: Nonso Diobi Sheltered And Fed Me In Lagos On My Way To Stardom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.