Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,317 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters (27973 Views)

Shina Peters: "I Have Slept With 100 Women" / Omawumi, Shina Peters, Tony Tetuila, Waje & More At American Honey’s 90’s Party / Picture Of Dele Momodu, Chris Okotie And Shina Peters In The 90s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2010
Quote:
In a brief interview, conducted at TV Continental in Lagos, Shina Peters tells us ‘…I want to see someone like 2face to be very successful because everything is just name. But deep down, I’m sorry to say this, he’s empty and it’s not good for our artistes…

Chai! Nairalanders! Make una try read clearly before crucifying the person!

SSP is only saying that[b] 2baba is not as rich as he should be considering his achievements in the music industry![/b]

Grammar! Grammar! Grammar no be him language!
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by donchez(m): 5:41pm On Nov 12, 2010
anyway , talk na free , everyone is entitled to his own opinion.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by vanitty: 5:41pm On Nov 12, 2010
bababuff:

which one be Sikira Sikira?
The wordings were, "dig it right", "dig it left", oya were were kia mosa.

LMAO grin grin. Ocho cinco ocho cinco una well done. Sikira nko sikira ni.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by veraponpo(m): 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2010
For those saying Shina is a legend. Well it is your opinion and I don't argue with people on their opinions. What makes him a legend? He was not known even in the whole of Africa. As big as KSA is with Grammy nomination and good album sales, international recognition, and endorsements from brands. He said it recently that Music is better now than then. He gave accolades to Tuface for his success so far. Who is Shina. Obesere has better records in Nigeria than Shina. Good album sales with Sonny Music, good money, endorsement with companies, over 33 albums, etc. What records does Shina have? Tuface is not by any means in his class. Tuface was part of Plantashun boiz, was successful as a solo musician and has spent over 11 years and still counting. Shinna did not even reign for 6 years. Let Shina try to sell album for #500 and see if he can sell 1000 copies. Old fool.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by eldee(m): 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2010
@Bamsyle

Thanks bro.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Bamsyle2(m): 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2010
buzugee:

a legend is someone who can withstand the 20 year test and still be relevant. like say fela, sunny ade, sir shina peters, barry white, luther vandross, ll cool j, jay z etc etc,  your music is so original that even after you are gone people will still jam it and talk about you. all these tuface and p square guys lack originality and quite frankly i think they are riding on the wave of a new crop of  young nigerians who are desperately searching for something to call their own . . . .and lastly let me say this. because this is the most important thing in music. the voice does not make the man, it is the man that makes the voice, what this means is that there are a million people out there who can sing and who can rap but what seperates the wheat from the chaff is the personality. this is the stuff that legends are made off. a strong or unique or appealing or enticing personality. it is not just enough to have a good voice. there is a reason why people like luther vandross, barry white, jay z, fela, KSA, sir shina peters, dr dre, snoop, chuck d, lenny kravitz, tupac, biggie etc etc there is a reason why they will stay in the collective consciousness of the world or their countrys forever, it is because they have presence. they have an enticing personality, their aura oozes charisma. this is 90 percent of the stuff legends are made off. the actual singing is only 10 percent of it.  
the new crop of nigerian musicians lack that presence or personality. they all look like they are manufactured in a cookie cutter establishment.

This your self-styled definition of a legend gives me a feverish bout of laughter . . .

Well, I agree with some part - longevity, etc . . . but what about impact/legacy?? I honestly don't see the substance in SSP's songs to make me label him a "legend".

the only person with even an iota of personality will be ikechukwu

Hehehe, did you hear yourself say that??

patrotism is being whipped into nigerians by people like fela durotoye and as a result, home grown musicians are starting to rise from this new wave of patriotism. but i am afraid this is a fad and it will vanish soon enough. what is also promoting this patriotism is that currently the american music scene is dead. they no longer produce world heavyweights like dr dre, snoop canine, jay z, nas, instead they produce crap like drake, souljah boy, lil wayne, gucci mane etc and as a result the people from around the world who used to look to them for their music are now looking inwards

I strongly disagree . . . Patriotism was not developed or imparted by Mr Durotoye and his colleagues in the "Motivational Speaking" industry . . . the youth of Nigeria determined themselves that they've had enough of the years of suffering, poverty, neglect, etc inflicted on them by the older generation . . . and they developed that patriotic spirit themselves . . . hence the average Nigerian youth says "I be Naija" with so much nostalgia these days.

When you also listen to the songs of a handful of artistes like 2face who make meaningful music, they boast openly about Nigeria in their songs.

actually let me change that, tuface persona is not forced, he simply does not have any persona. he has a bland personality.

He is himself . . . and your personality might enhance your performance on stage, it does nutin to your raw talent . . . MJ was excessively shy and although his personality (in your context) helped his stage performances, it did nutin to his singing abilities . . .

My point?? 2face may not be a wonderful performer but he's a good singer. Performance is one point of the game.

who talks about sir shina peters ? are you serious ? the guy is a household name in nigeria even after 40 years of playing music.

I ain't disputing that . . . I'm talking relatively . . . how often do you hear him get mentioned when compared to the frequency with which KSA, Obey, Fela and co get mentioned??
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Dreamchaser1(f): 5:53pm On Nov 12, 2010
ok, see shina peters wey dey full, hahahahahaha  cheesy cheesy cheesy. i dont even remember who the dude is, at least we would always remember who tu face is.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by sheboi(m): 5:54pm On Nov 12, 2010
if its true he said that, I think hennessy should reduce his free supply of booze #onlyasuggestion
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by buzugee(m): 5:55pm On Nov 12, 2010
veraponpo:

For those saying Shina is a legend. Well it is your opinion and I don't argue with people on their opinions. What makes him a legend? He was not known even in the whole of Africa. As big as KSA is with Grammy nomination and good album sales, international recognition, and endorsements from brands. He said it recently that Music is better now than then. He gave accolades to Tuface for his success so far. Who is Shina. Obesere has better records in Nigeria than Shina. Good album sales with Sonny Music, good money, endorsement with companies, over 33 albums, etc. What records does Shina have? Tuface is not by any means in his class. Tuface was part of Plantashun boiz, was successful as a solo musician and has spent over 11 years and still counting. Shinna did not even reign for 6 years. Let Shina try to sell album for #500 and see if he can sell 1000 copies. Old fool.
dont know old you are but their was a period in the early to mid-nineties when shina had the music industry in nigeria on lock-down. like he was the micheal jackson of nigeria for the early to mid-nineties. he also used to go to every campus in nigeria and turn that sucker out. i rememeber he went to obafemi awolowo university and the guy caused pandemonium. the campus for that night got mobbed by people from all over the world for this show. stampede and whatnot. twas crazy. you know how big OAU is ? well lets just say you couldnt take 2 steps without bumping into somebody. during that era too he also had shows in london, where i think it was wembley stadium, that sucker was filled to the brim, and you gotta remember this was a period of no mass media, no internet ? shina is definitely a nigerian legend.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by pophulux: 6:02pm On Nov 12, 2010
Its never good 2critize somone up there instead, encorage n admonise dem, he once up there b4, now where is he? Mr. JuJuman! grin cool
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by victorazy(m): 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2010
Shina Peters is the empty one itself.
2Face is the most successful and decorated person Nigeria has found in music world.
Let Shina Peter or whatever his name go and cry for his wasted life and leave the big guy alone.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ElRazur: 6:06pm On Nov 12, 2010
Bamsyle.:

When did I ask for your proof??

Are you kidding me?   Attentions span of a fruit fly? Pay attention and see below

I said
"That's good enough for me. Shina is rated by more people than one bloke on the net taking shots. I will take the view of others over yours."

You said

Who rated him?? Forbes or what rating agency?? Well, just phucking with you man but I ask again: What data are you relying on??

And I then mentioned the BBC documentary. Are you this daft?  

2face and a lot of other acts of the younger generation have all appeared on BBC so I wonder how that deserves the ringing of bells . . . how many times did Fela appear on BBC before he died??

Jesus wept. Appearing on BBC in itself means poo. Vocal slender was on BBC too you know. The difference is, this is a programme that was made to mark "Black History month" and part of BBC presentation was to present a documentary on evolution of music in Africa. Fucckkkkkkkk me. Do you not see the difference? Jesus wept, mohammed laughs! If your Artist was worthy of mention, he would have got a mention in that documentary. No? After all Tuface don dey make wave for sometime now. SMH.

And if someone is featured as a part of the history of a craft, it means he was once an active player in that craft . . . doesn't mean he's a legend . . . whatever happened to your cognitive abilities??

You are daft.  He was mentioned because quite rightly he deserved so. This is history of music, get it? and his contribution to the evolution of music in nigeira is deemed worthy enough.

So you missed the simplest of all logic and then proceed to ask about cognitive abilities?  Oh dear!

Why not wait for those years to elapse?? In one breath, you're saying people feel Shina ain't relevant cos of his age . . . in another, you don't even want to wait for 2face to get mentioned in the next decade or two . . . you're always in a hurry to nowhere.

If you cannot remember asking for proof, then half of the things I say will go over your head. It is okay, I will come down to you level and explain it in simple words.

Yes Shina have age against him - This is a known phenomenon. It will eventually happen to most artist at some point in their career. Especially in an environment where this is a new act all the time.  

As for the rest of you ludicrous claim, all I said was that "Only time will tell if Tuface gets a mention about history of music in Nigeria".  As to how that translate to your claims is beyond me.

Another case of mumbling soliloquys and then going ahead to applaud yourself for it . . . which technicalities surpass 2face's?? One plays instruments better, the other sings better . . . what's your point??

Go back and read the post. It get tiring repeating myself. Shina - Multi instrumentalist etc. = Plenty technical abilities.

Tuface - Studio artist = Very little technical abilities.

Jesus wept again!

The fact that Goodluck Jonathan or KSA rate Shina highly mean nada to me . . . I have my opinion and you have yours . . . if you disagree with me, skip ma comments and move on to the next one . . . I dislike dumbass arguments.

Your problem, not mine. If KSA rates him, he must be doing something right. Deal with it.

And you must think that other folks in the Music Section are geeks?? And sorry, we should all gather and celebrate ElRazur the greatest producer ever to have traversed Mother Earth??

Once again, it went over your head. I am far from that. But I am telling you, Tuface have it easy when it comes to making a hit record compare to What Artist like Shina have to go through. And yes, I have an idea what I am talking about hence why I made reference to the music stuff.  

Ok, some other things I know about you:

1. You argue blindly
2. Your communication and comprehension abilities are in the realm of zilch
3. You sound too much of a sissy when engaged in a debate

Man in the mirror. I heard it was a song by Michael Jackson. smiley

Your assertion of 2face's use of autotune has now become "he appeals to the autotune generation"?? Your words should be sold for nada in the Potosi parts of Bolivia.

Yes, I maintained my point. His music is heavily engineered. Disprove this or shut it.

Nothing up there is of any value or substance . . .

Obviously, when you have nothing valid to say. Seen it all before, so it aint nothing new.

Lemme just reply all that crap with one line - Fela's songs should have been worse than Shina's, using all the parameters you used up there, but I will never, in 20 lives, compare Fela to 2face.

And you know poo about music? Fela almost had the best engineer and studio in Nigeria back then. Remember, he toured the world extensively and had access to things that weren't common in Nigeria back then.

You know, do a bit of research at your own time and these things are obvious. But don't come around and put up inaccuracies and try to pass them off.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by buzugee(m): 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2010
Bamsyle.:

This your self-styled definition of a legend gives me a feverish bout of laughter . . .

Well, I agree with some part - longevity, etc . . . but what about impact/legacy?? I honestly don't see the substance in SSP's songs to make me label him a "legend".

Hehehe, did you hear yourself say that??

I strongly disagree . . . Patriotism was not developed or imparted by Mr Durotoye and his colleagues in the "Motivational Speaking" industry . . . the youth of Nigeria determined themselves that they've had enough of the years of suffering, poverty, neglect, etc inflicted on them by the older generation . . . and they developed that patriotic spirit themselves . . . hence the average Nigerian youth says "I be Naija" with so much nostalgia these days.

When you also listen to the songs of a handful of artistes like 2face who make meaningful music, they boast openly about Nigeria in their songs.

He is himself . . . and your personality might enhance your performance on stage, it does nutin to your raw talent . . . MJ was excessively shy and although his personality (in your context) helped his stage performances, it did nutin to his singing abilities . . .

My point?? 2face may not be a wonderful performer but he's a good singer. Performance is one point of the game.

I ain't disputing that . . . I'm talking relatively . . . how often do you hear him get mentioned when compared to the frequency with which KSA, Obey, Fela and co get mentioned??
my self styled description of legendary status ? nah dude i didnt write the book, i am simply passing the message along. this is the worlds legendary standard.
you know the problem with all you youths in nigeria today ? your expectations are very low. you are raised in an era where everything in life from movies, music, etc has being watered down. you live in an era with no depth, this is why your expectations and standards are low. this is why you think tuface is singing good music.
when you grow up in an era with
1 luther vandross
2 barry white
3 fela
4 alexander o neal
5, jeffery osborne
6 majek fashek
7, yoursour ndour
8, shade adu
9, seal
10, anita baker
etc etc etc. come see me when you grow up in this era of music. until then ? your hands are too short to box with yahweh  grin
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Cougar: 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2010
lots of funny comments in here. my 2 cents. . . .shina peters is a legend. his afrojuju album was reported to be the first yoruba album to hit platinum status in 89/90 circa. he is an instrumentalist, way different to the new generation artistes who know nada about instruments. i cannot really comment on his "2face is empty" rant because he might have been taken out of context by some trouble-brewing journalists. if he meant 2face has no substance in terms of projecting african music and tradition in the real sense, he's got a point.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ElRazur: 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2010
buzugee:

1 luther vandross
2 barry white
3 fela
4 alexander o neal
5, jeffery osborne
6 majek fashek
7, yoursour ndour
8, shade adu
9, seal
10, anita baker
 grin

Stop it man. grin

Here are the Best 10 ever. Clearly you are too old.

Lil wayne
B.O.B
Lil John
Tuface
Pasuma
Sky B
Heck insert any artist in naija that currently uses the autotune thingy.

smh.

Seriously, I agree with your post, but sometimes it may just be worth looking at things for what they are.   Personally, I believe Shina's words were taken out of context. He clearly do not start the interview by staying "Tuface is empty" and left. There must be more, but the poor journalism ain't helping right now.

I have stated this before, and I am saying it again. Shina is talented and so is Tuface, but Clearly FOR ME Shina is in a league that Tuface is yet to touch.

The new generation these days relies on record sale, money, cars etc but not the actual Music itself as a means of judging  undecided

Gosh I feel so freaking old and god knows I never turn 30! shocked
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by buzugee(m): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2010
ElRazur:

Stop it man. grin

Here are the Best 10 ever. Clearly you are too old.

Lil wayne
B.O.B
Lil John
Tuface
Pasuma
Sky B
Heck insert any artist in naija that currently uses the autotune thingy.

smh.

Seriously, I agree with your post, but sometimes it may just be worth looking at things for what they are.   Personally, I believe Shina's words were taken out of context. He clearly do not start the interview by staying "Tuface is empty" and left. There must be more, but the poor journalism ain't helping right now.

I have stated this before, and I am saying it again. Shina is talented and so is Tuface, but Clearly FOR ME Shina is in a league that Tuface is yet to touch.

The new generation these days relies on record sale, money, cars etc but not the actual Music itself as a means of judging  undecided

Gosh I feel so freaking old and god knows I never turn 30! shocked

sharrap dia and stop lying. you know yo azz is 57 years old grin grin grin grin but yeah we are on the same page. i agree with everything you said , except pasuma being a legend grin
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ElRazur: 6:31pm On Nov 12, 2010
buzugee:

sharrap dia and stop lying. you know yo azz is 57 years old  grin grin grin grin  but yeah we are on the same page. i agree with everything you said , except pasuma being a legend  grin

Lol. If it makes you better. I adore obesere. Heck I still rock is "live in london" konsolijapun cd lol.

**Grabs walking stick to go play Omo rapala**

lwkmd.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by buzugee(m): 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2010
ElRazur:

Lol. If it makes you better. I adore obesere. Heck I still rock is "live in london" konsolijapun cd lol.

**Grabs walking stick to go play Omo rapala**

lwkmd.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin dont forget to put in ya hearing aid so you can hear the music grin
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by buzugee(m): 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2010
guddsid:

Oh shina peters don dey use "sir" too ? for where im use get am lol . Abeg make this shina agbero go back to collecting money from buses and stfu . 2face empty ? who dey open im dirty mouth talk that one , Abeg lets not get it twisted , here are some of 2faces accomplishments .

1. The BBC held an Opinion poll on which african song people worldwide considered their favourite . 2face's african queen came 2nd beating the likes of miriam makeba and fela.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4118767.stm

2. 2face has some of the most respectable awards both locally and internationally

MTV Europe Awards 2005 - Best African Act
MOBO Awards 2007 - Best African Act
Channel l Music Video Awards 2005 - Best Male Video and Best African Video (both for "African Queen"wink
KORA Awards 2005 - Revelation of the Year
Hip Hop World Awards 2006 - Special Recognition Award
2006 Channel O Music Video Awards - Best African Pop
2006 Channel O Music Video Awards - Best African West
Nigeria Entertainment Awards 2006 - Special Recognition Award. Nigeria Breakthrough Artist of the Year
Nigerian Music Awards 2008 - Album of the Year and R&B Song of the Year
World Music Awards 2008 - Best Nigerian Act
MTV Africa Music Awards 2009 - Best R&B

How many international awards does Shina peters (i wouldn't address him as a sir because he is just not one) have ??

3. 2face has performed at the world music award podium . A podium where the likes of Akon , Beyonce , estelle , flo-rida , Lady gaga and 50cent have also performed on . Shina peters ?? you guess is as good as mine .

4. 2face has worked with International acts such as wyclef and bennie man and is currently working with mary j blige .

I am not much of a 2face fan but please , please lets give honor to whom honor is due . 2face is outstanding and he  along side other new generation artistes have made most african countries recognize Nigeria as a power house in the music industry . During shina peters era , Fela and Onyeka onwenu where the only ones who made the country proud but still our as-ses used to be owned by hugh masekela and miriam  makeba . 2face and the new generation have changed all that . Shina peters (i would never address him as a sir) should go back to his agbero music and STFU

the BBC ? really ? this is your source ? a white establishment full of stodgy, archaic, pre-historic, cantankerous and belligerent white men ? this is ya source ? grin grin
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 12, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Cougar: 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2010
guddsid:

and the other uncountable awards ? the white man too i guess grin

listen to yourself and see how your comment reeks of idiocy. majority of the awards you had up there were not in existence in the era of shina peters. one sings in dialect, the other sings in english. does that not tell you 2face will have a wider audience than shina peters. would 2face get the same recognition singing in his native dialect? ask your dad who he thinks has more substance between the two and maybe then you will appreciate sir shina peters.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by buzugee(m): 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2010
guddsid:

and the other uncountable awards ? the white man too i guess grin
getting awards in a post 2000 music era is like getting akara. it is meaningless. the world post 2000 is no longer about artistic integrity. it is about how many brain dead teenagers want your music on their ipods grin
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by jbloggs(m): 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2010
I will advise if you guys can really understand Sir Shina Peters.
Someone should really seat down and think in context.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ElRazur: 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2010
buzugee:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin dont forget to put in ya hearing aid so you can hear the music  grin

lwkmd.

Well done.

@Gudsid.

I posted this before, when someone said something about Shina's "Sir"

Who gave Kollington the grand accolade of "Grand commander of Nigerian Youth".

You be a youth too, he be your commander?

Who gave Sikiru Ayinde Barrister "Doctor of Music"?

Who gave Wasiu Ayinde the title of a "King"? Heck for which town e be king?

Who gave Dr Dre and co the title of "Certified Gangsta"

Abeg carry go jare.

Who make D'Banj "Koko Master"?

Who make MI "The best" ?

Comot for here.

You see, it ain't worth making fuss about.

Shina won the most converted award back then. In the back of Experience album or so, he was clutching three.  I cannot for the life of me remember this awards.

I also stated before that it is worth making a fair comparison. Tuface had cd, internet and what not working in his favour. Those things were rare during the time of shina, so to make such comparison is not exactly a fair one.

Also bear in mind that Shina no sabi english well well so it may be something said wrongly or taken out of context.

Finally, I respect them both for their achievements.

PS
Gudsid,

Award means very little. You just have to look at the demographs of those using internet in naija and they are usually the age range that will be the fan of Tuface, so yes he will more than likely be have more votes over others.

Let's not forget that during the time of Shina, award wasn't focused on African Artist as such and it is usually people in US, Britain and some part of EU dey get the award now.

In the next 20 years from now, Tuface will be up against other artist too and while you will probably defend him and what not, the younger generation will say some of the things you are saying now. You know, tell you how the newly discovered alien race are now rocking the music of Artist X (assuming that was the name of the bad arsssse artist in 20 year from now lol)  

I am sure you get my point etc.

Let us appreciate both men jare.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2010
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ElRazur: 6:47pm On Nov 12, 2010
Cougar:

listen to yourself and see how your comment reeks of idiocy. majority of the awards you had up there were not in existence in the era of shina peters. one sings in dialect, the other sings in english. does that not tell you 2face will have a wider audience than shina peters. would 2face get the same recognition singing in his native dialect? ask your dad who he thinks has more substance between the two and maybe then you will appreciate sir shina peters.

Well said.

smiley
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by buzugee(m): 6:48pm On Nov 12, 2010
Cougar:

right right. i concur. and i still think shina sold more albums than tuface. only during shinas golden years, nobody was counting record sales
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2010
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by phreakabit(m): 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2010
Me I be Afro Nigerian Nigeria  grin
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ElRazur: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2010
guddsid:

chai !!!! guys i no sey una love dis shina man but abeg cool down small first . African artistes plenty when dey collect award that time . This guy was just busy singing fuji gargabe , Oops lol . afro-juju (first of all isn't juju music already african ? so what is the afro there ? thats like me saying i am afro-black  grin)

I have no problem with you to be honest.

Traditionally, Music production and exposure have been stronger in Francophone speaking countries hence why people like Emmanuel Dbanjo et al are well known outside their country and worked with people like Fela and hence got nominated etc.

Juju was traditionally a yoruba type of music with a lead guitarist, drums, talking drums conga and a couple of back up singers, but the "Afro" is meant to show an adaptation of various style with it. Shina used keyboards alot and he had much more rhythmic style etc. Which is the same thing fela who was before him did - Took Jazz and add African stuff to it and called it Afro beat. smiley
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by echepops(m): 6:56pm On Nov 12, 2010
Hi good people of nairaland. We've all been hearing about the hennessy artistry 2010 which is happening live on the 27th of November, 2010 at the Get Arena, Lekki. the party starts by 8p.m and will feature Sir Shina Peters, M.I, Ice Prince, Nneka, Bez, Kas and other suprise artists. Tickets can't be bought to this show, you can only be invited. and I have some invitaton cards with me. If you want to be there live, just call me on 07066472867.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Shocking Lies Nigerian Celebrities Have Told Their Fans / Fan Pays ₦2.3b For A 1965 Aston Martin DB5 James Bond Car / Rebecca Omoboyewa Ademoluti Engaged As Boyfriend Proposes After 7 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.