Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters (27977 Views)

Shina Peters: "I Have Slept With 100 Women" / Omawumi, Shina Peters, Tony Tetuila, Waje & More At American Honey’s 90’s Party / Picture Of Dele Momodu, Chris Okotie And Shina Peters In The 90s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by eldee(m): 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2010
Bamsyle.:

Maybe . . . but whether he expressed it in Ogbomosho or Ijesha dialect is not the issue here . . . he said it and HE HAD NO RIGHT to say it.

Hehehe . . . it's called the right to free speech my brother.

Bamsyle.:

Christ . . . which music skills?? He might have used a 500-man band but that doesn't add ish to his skills . . . SSP ain't a good singer by all standards - always singing off-key and has never had a refined voice . . . don't be decived by what you hear through his customized mics/speakers . . . his engineers are his saving grace . . . have you ever heard him sing live?? Peops who know him wella would tell you how horrible he sounds.

If you do your search well, SSP started out with Segun Adewale . . . the latter was the star of the duo but SSP just got lucky . . . SSP had such a wacky voice folks said he must have used jazz . . .  cheesy

You don't need a 'good voice' to make good music. . . if it were that simple people like Fela and Bob Marley won't be music legends.
He made one of the nation's anthem of the early 90s, customised speakers?? are you seriously comparing those speakers to today's autotune softwares??
He was good at making music, I can't believe you can come out and publicly argue against that.

Bamsyle.:

His musical content?? His was the usual "shikishiki" and all the vulgar/lewd nonsense that prevailed during that era . . . technically speaking, he had good engineers and a nice band and that made up for his flaws.

This same guy, I've seen playing instruments live??
And you keep talking about bands, what next will you come out to say?? Those composers just had great 'violinists'?? grin grin
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by eldee(m): 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2010
Bamsyle.:

Which genre?? A fusion of afro[/i]beat (Fela takes the credit there) and juju (the likes of KSA, Ebenezer Obey, Dele Abiodun and even a young Micho Ade take the cake there)??

He was just trying to fuse already established genres but ended up with nada.

I ain't even talking about his character only . . . I 'ont care if he's a serial [i]r[/i]apis[i]t
, music-wise he's a flop . . . and I mean that with every fibre of my being.

But he did . . . he's famous for it.
That's the only reason he's still touring 20 years after and people still know his songs.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by MissyB3(f): 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2010
Ben-10:

MissyB, what happened to your account? shocked
Banned! grin

denony:

if u have no money for bleachng cream anymore
why not meet him, he will be of help to you.

sandee575:

Sina's limited knowlege of the language could be at play.
Lmao! grin grin grin

Bamsyle.:

Senility must be setting in on the "Grammar nor be my language" crooner . . .

I haven't read the full interview but I ain't interested either - what has Shina got to tell me?? The fact that he can't bother to speak proper English?? That he had to lick Abacha's a[/i]s[i]s to make sleazy money?? Or that he keeps sowing his wild oats all over the place??

He's long dead and forgotten and Posterity does not even have him in its good books . . .

I dunno why some artistes just don't understand the need for mutual respect . . . yeah I have a peck in my eye but you've got a log in yours - deal with it.

2face might even be a dunce but it doesn't lie in Shina's mouth to say it . . . how is he any better??

SSP shouldn't even talk when musicians of substance are gathered . . . the only music legends in Nigeria are Fela, KSA, Obey, IK Dairo . . . and I know I'm forgetting some but SSP ain't one of them.
cool
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by FFA: 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2010
ssp, i beg to disagree, empty in what sense, tubaba na u biko
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by udeze(m): 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2010
It's Shina Peters that's empty and not Tuface, has SP ever won MTV awards or any serious international award? I stand to be corrected
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by juman(m): 1:31pm On Nov 12, 2010
ElRazur:

Here we go again. The younger ones who have no idea about History of Music in Nigeria having a go at an established and almost Legendary musician.

Shina is been around for a like forever, when people like him talk I will think he's got a few valid reason for saying so. 

Shina have had the women, the life, the fame and what not so when he is speaking I think people need to ask why is he saying that.  Pardon me if am wrong, but is it not Tuface that have 5 "baby mamas" or something? NOt to take anything away from Tuface, he is considered talented and I respect that too.

I do not know the in and out of the interview, so if anyone have a proper link to the interview then one can try and see what shina is saying. I have a feeling things may have been lifted out of context. Or Shina is translating his thoughts across very poorly (English was never his strong point)

Funny how a few people described him as irrelevant. This guy in a documentary on Music in Africa is labelled as one of those who shaped music in Nigeira from the 90s era. (Even though he's been influential from the 60s and 70s, but that one na another story)

True

deep down, he is empty? Yet he has been able to pour the thing into how many women? How can that one be empty?

grin grin
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ElRazur: 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2010
Bamsyle.:

Which genre?? A fusion of afro[/i]beat (Fela takes the credit there) and juju (the likes of KSA, Ebenezer Obey, Dele Abiodun and even a young Micho Ade take the cake there)??

He was just trying to fuse already established genres but ended up with nada.

I ain't even talking about his character only . . . I 'ont care if he's a serial [i]r[/i]apis[i]t
, music-wise he's a flop . . . and I mean that with every fibre of my being.

No sir.

He created Afro Juju. As with most music, it comprises a fusion of one or two genre. Shina's Afro juju  is a fusion of rhythmic keyboard, Leading guitar solo, tempo beat flipping (Where he sings and then changes tempo. For example when he says "Haba" "Thomas" etc)

Remember the Good, the bad and the ugly theme? That was so mesmerizing? That was one of the defining style of Afro Juju.

There is no denying he had influence from Fela (Shina's Open and Close was a reflection of this)

Also it may be worth adding that he was the first mainstream musician of his era to actually Rap in Yoruba (Where he sings about Ese meji and a lady came and rapped a line too)

Etc.

Shina did a lot and those are just the few I can remember.

Please explain to me how he is a flop?

Every musician come and go. He held it right in his own time and still doing so - He regularly tours abroad etc. Surely, there must be a demand for him to carry out these tours. No?

Eldee

F you man. grin

Thought you were gonna dislike him. I am disappointed.  But nice one for recognising a proper artist.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by adexchamp(m): 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2010
Please don't let's crucify Uncle Shina, we all knew his problems about granting interviews and spoken English wahala,maybe that's not what he meant and he was wrongly misquoted.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ochocinco1(m): 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2010
Lol. . . I can't actually believe so many are coming on the side of SP.

The guy's music, nay, album was at best a guilty pleasure.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ElRazur: 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2010
ocho cinco:

I'm bumping Ace album right now. grin

It is fair to say if we had a proper music sale and compilation in his time, that album will me multi-plats. grin
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Bamsyle2(m): 1:42pm On Nov 12, 2010
eldee:

Hehehe . . . it's called the right to free speech my brother.

The right of speech is not literally translated "the right to spew gibberish" . . . SSP just did that.

You don't need a 'good voice' to make good music. . . if it were that simple people like Fela and Bob Marley won't be music legends.

Agreed that you don't need a good voice to make good music . . . but I'm not even talking about good voice only - SSP has this constant flaw of singing off-key and transposing at random when singing - forget about his studio renditions, you need to hear him live to understand what I'm saying . . .

And how can you lump that rat with legends like Fela and Bob Marley?? I'm yet to hear any music note of Fela's that was rendered off-key, same for Marley . . . you don't need to listen to both dudes for too long to understand that their talents run deep.

He made one of the nation's anthem of the early 90s, customised speakers?? are you seriously comparing those speakers to today's autotune softwares??

Yes . . . and some other mediocre songs like Tetuila's "You Don Hit My Car", Maintain's "Blah", etc were 'national anthems' . . . anyone can make a hit song but when it comes to the grand scheme of things, we know the difference between boys and men.

People don't know the trick behind live music . . . there's an effect that live music has that digital production would never have . . . the echoes, the live drum kits, the bass guitar effect, the harmony of voices in the live band, and the list goes on . . . all these would easily cover up flaws . . . ask peops who know SSP very well, he has a horrible voice, not just hoarse n gritty but is perpetually off-key - he's got tone deafness or sumn . . . his mics n speakers are customized - peops who know him well would attest to that.

He was good at making music, I can't believe you can come out and publicly argue against that.

I'm not arguing against the fact that he makes "good music" in a context . . . Eedris, Maintain, Ayangba Boyz all make good music but are they really professionals??

This same guy, I've seen playing instruments live??
And you keep talking about bands, what next will you come out to say?? Those composers just had great 'violinists'?? grin grin

Yes he plays instruments . . . that's one-tenth of the game . . . KSA plays virtually all the instruments, he's got a great voice and dance skills to match this . . . same for Fela and some other greats . . . SSP is not in that league.

Pfff, you might grin all you want . . . but I'm not one to label an artiste as good based on a handful of parameters . . . those who have ears to decipher the fine line between making noise and singing know the dilly.

Plus if KSA, Obey or some other credible act had said what SSP allegedly said, I'll not controvert it . . . it does not lie in a wacko's mouth to call another wack, simple - take it or leave it.

And to reiterate my point on how analog recordings enhance certain performances (juju n fuji benefit the most from this), have you listened to how SSP murdered "Like a Bottle" with his horrible voice and delivery?? Thank God that MI and Ice Prince saved the day . . . for a second, I thought it was Baba Sala on a track with a young generation of artistes grin grin
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by eldee(m): 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2010
ElRazur:

Eldee

F you man. grin

Thought you were gonna dislike him. I am disappointed.  But nice one for recognising a proper artist.

As I stated before, I don't have a problem with anyone saying what they think about someone else.
Besides growing up, a grown up party was not a real party if it didn't have SSP, Salawa Abeni, KSA and the rest. . . ajebo or no ajebo, you dance and people plaster N50 notes on your forehead. grin grin
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by rhymz(m): 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2010
ocho cinco:

. . . .shina Peters made that comment to stay in the news. . .dude has only gotten one overrated album to his credit and he wants to talk like a Veteran. . .and Elrazu, did U say SP has been around since the Sixties? Lol. . .you must be joking right? Homeboy started out in the mid eighties and blew up in d ninties and that was it, don't crack him up more than he is. Tuface is way more Talented than he can ever be as far as music is concerned. . .The only reason we still hear of him in the entertaiment circles is because of his Son Clearans Peterz.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ElRazur: 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2010
rhymz:

. . . .shina Peters made that comment to stay in the news. . .dude has only gotten one overrated album to his credit and he wants to talk like a Veteran. . .and Elrazu, did U say SP has been around since the Sixties? Lol. . .you must be joking right? Homeboy started out in the mid eighties and blew up in d ninties and that was it, don't crack him up more than he is. Tuface is way more Talented than he can ever be as far as music is concerned. . .The only reason we still hear of him in the entertaiment circles is because of his Son Clearans Peterz.

He started out with Prince Segun Adewale in the late 60s.

He then had a stint with another artist.

Faded into obscurity and then popped back.

I went through my dad record and imagine my surprise when I see young shina with segun adewale in the front of an album. No jokes.

Once again, people are trying to move the goal post. I am not saying Tuface is not talented. Both of them are.

As it stand, I am lucky to be around when shitt was all analogue and you had to know how to play musical instrument etc. Have you tried playing the guitar? I tried and fuckkkk me, that is some hard feat. You see, I have respect for those who can play instrument etc, than a studio artist.

Say all you want about shina. He is one of the "definers" of music in naija. smiley In years to come let us hope the same is said about Tuface.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Bamsyle2(m): 1:56pm On Nov 12, 2010
ElRazur:

No sir.

He created Afro Juju. As with most music, it comprises a fusion of one or two genre. Shina's Afro juju  is a fusion of rhythmic keyboard, Leading guitar solo, tempo beat flipping (Where he sings and then changes tempo. For example when he says "Haba" "Thomas" etc)

Remember the Good, the bad and the ugly theme? That was so mesmerizing? That was one of the defining style of Afro Juju.

There is no denying he had influence from Fela (Shina's Open and Close was a reflection of this)

Also it may be worth adding that he was the first mainstream musician of his era to actually Rap in Yoruba (Where he sings about Ese meji and a lady came and rapped a line too)

Etc.

Shina did a lot and those are just the few I can remember.

Please explain to me how he is a flop?

Every musician come and go. He held it right in his own time and still doing so - He regularly tours abroad etc. Surely, there must be a demand for him to carry out these tours. No?

Lookie, I ain't the type to disregard a real talent for any sentimental stuff . . . SSP created nada . . . he just fused stuff and even though nearly all music genres have some degree of fusion or the other, SSP's end-product was just a fast-tempo kinda juju to me . . . all the intermittent screams of "haba" and the yoruba raps were just embellishments that anyone can use.

Can you compare his 'invention' to what Fela created?? Afterall, Fela had jazz influences and samples, but he created a totally different sound altogether . . . I rate someone like Barrister above SSP by miles . . . Barrister never tried to create another genre but he took Fuji Music to new heights (mind you, he also rapped in yoruba - Fuji Garbage) . . . with a great voice and dance skills, that's what I'm talking about!

SSP might be touring millions of shows and headlining others . . . that doesn't mean he's a pro . . . Eeedris in his hey days used ta rock shows and even still does.

It ain't compulsory to "invent" any new genre . . . do what you do and do it well.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by blues: 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2010
If 2face is empty, what is Shina Peters? 2face is a greater achiever in the muzik industry than shina Peters. Please ask Shina Peters to properly define the statement.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Bamsyle2(m): 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2010
rhymz:

. . . .shina Peters made that comment to stay in the news. . .

Though I ain't sure what his motive was when he spewed that trash, I also suspect so . . .

I remember clearly how dude ran to Kenny Ogungbe for help on his marketing and ish when it was evident that he was sinking . . . yet the Kennis magic touch failed to bring life to his 'weak erection' . . . grin grin grin
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ElRazur: 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2010
Bamsyle.:

Lookie, I ain't the type to disregard a real talent for any sentimental stuff . . . SSP created nada . . . he just fused stuff and even though nearly all music genres have some degree of fusion or the other, SSP's end-product was just a fast-tempo kinda juju to me . . . all the intermittent screams of "haba" and the yoruba raps were just embellishments that anyone can use.

You are contradicting yourself. You are refusing to credit him because you do not regard him - That in itself na emotion right there jare.

If you agree that all Genres over lap and duplicates idea from each other. The one can use your logic and say Fela invented "nada". After all, Fela's music was nothing but Jazz that was done to death in the 30-70s.  You see, your point is not worth the paper it is written on lol.

Check this out, Shina is widely accredited for creating a new Genre. And now some bloke on the web disagree. Lwkmd. Okay I will just go with the general notion that he created a new Genre. grin

Can you compare his 'invention' to what Fela created?? Afterall, Fela had jazz influences and samples, but he created a totally different sound altogether . . . I rate someone like Barrister above SSP by miles . . . Barrister never tried to create another genre but he took Fuji Music to new heights (mind you, he also rapped in yoruba - Fuji Garbage) . . . with a great voice and dance skills, that's what I'm talking about!

Dude. Compare like for like. You know, apple and an apple! And not apple and a wide-screen tv. lol.  Shina can dance, sing etc. If he didn't Sunny Ade won't say good things about him.

SSP might be touring millions of shows and headlining others . . . that doesn't mean he's a pro . . . Eeedris in his hey days used ta rock shows and even still does.

First he's past his date, or something along those lines and now he aint a pro? Make up your mind and stop moving the goal post jare.  He may not be a pro, but jesus! In his field he was like an Einstein with his style of music.

It ain't compulsory to "invent" any new genre . . . do what you do and do it well.

Lol You are funny. Shina did all of those. You know, invented and did it well.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by eldee(m): 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2010
Bamsyle.:

The right of speech is not literally translated "the right to spew gibberish" . . . SSP just did that.

A right to free speech means a right to spew gibberish, I can come out not and say 'BAMSYLE IS SMART' and get away with it. grin grin

Agreed that you don't need a good voice to make good music . . . but I'm not even talking about good voice only - SSP has this constant flaw of singing off-key and transposing at random when singing - forget about his studio renditions, you need to hear him live to understand what I'm saying . . .

And how can you lump that rat with legends like Fela and Bob Marley?? I'm yet to hear any music note of Fela's that was rendered off-key, same for Marley . . . you don't need to listen to both dudes for too long to understand that their talents run deep.

I'm not saying he was as good as Bob Marley, don't misquote me.
I've heard him live once, and he was perfect in my own opinion.

Yes . . . and some other mediocre songs like Tetuila's "You Don Hit My Car", Maintain's "Blah", etc were 'national anthems' . . . anyone can make a hit song but when it comes to the grand scheme of things, we know the difference between boys and men.

People don't know the trick behind live music . . . there's an effect that live music has that digital production would never have . . . the echoes, the live drum kits, the bass guitar effect, the harmony of voices in the live band, and the list goes on . . . all these would easily cover up flaws . . . ask peops who know SSP very well, he has a horrible voice, not just hoarse n gritty but is perpetually off-key - he's got tone deafness or sumn . . . his mics n speakers are customized - peops who know him well would attest to that.

So you're saying the band covered him with one tongue and then, nah, the studio covered his flaws in another??
I've not heard him sing acapella, so I can't comment on that part, but I know that there was nothing off-key bout him when he played live.

I'm not arguing against the fact that he makes "good music" in a context . . . Eedris, Maintain, Ayangba Boyz all make good music but are they really professionals??

And how hypocritical are you, accusing me of 'lumping' SSP and Bob Marley into one category only for you to go on and mention SSP and Tony Tetuila in one breath.

Yes he plays instruments . . . that's one-tenth of the game . . . KSA plays virtually all the instruments, he's got a great voice and dance skills to match this . . . same for Fela and some other greats . . . SSP is not in that league.

Pfff, you might grin all you want . . . but I'm not one to label an artiste as good based on a handful of parameters . . . those who have ears to decipher the fine line between making noise and singing know the dilly.

Plus if KSA, Obey or some other credible act had said what SSP allegedly said, I'll not controvert it . . . it does not lie in a wacko's mouth to call another wack, simple - take it or leave it.

And to reiterate my point on how analog recordings enhance certain performances (juju n fuji benefit the most from this), have you listened to how SSP murdered "Like a Bottle" with his horrible voice and delivery?? Thank God that MI and Ice Prince saved the day . . . for a second, I thought it was Baba Sala on a track with a young generation of artistes

SSP is no Fela or Victor Uwaifo, but coming here to call tell me he's a 'wacko' and 'makes noise' is just wrong on every level.
You said he was all engineers and good band, and I pointed out the fact that not only does he compose and sing great music, he also plays instruments . . . now the goalpost has shifted to, it's only because he recorded his music live.

Abeg, drop the sentiments jare . . . SSP is one of the greats of Nigerian music, there's no question about that.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Oxygenmayo(m): 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2010
Why SSP dey beef 2FI, SSP no no say him time and season don go? To everything under the heavens, there is TIME. Let 2face be and use his time the way he wanted to use it, Someone somewhere might also talk about how well you use your time, hence, use it well!!!
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by eldee(m): 2:16pm On Nov 12, 2010
Bamsyle.:

Though I ain't sure what his motive was when he spewed that trash, I also suspect so . . .

I remember clearly how dude ran to Kenny Ogungbe for help on his marketing and ish when it was evident that he was sinking . . . yet the Kennis magic touch failed to bring life to his 'weak erection' . . .  grin grin grin

It's getting emotional now. grin grin grin

It's clear that people have eras in which they're dominant and those where they fall into relative obscurity.
It's a different era now, even KSA cannot sell as much as he used to thee days.
Didn't Majek Fashek run to a record label too?? Does that make him wack??
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ElRazur: 2:16pm On Nov 12, 2010
I honestly think this argument is more or less down to an age thing.

I very much doubt anyone  over 23 or so will say Shina is rubbish. (not a statement of fact though)

I am guessing the majority of people who are dissing him weren't around or never got exposed to his music. Nonetheless, I didn't get exposed to some music I listen to now, but I go back to study them etc and compare things like production, style of arrangement and what they are saying etc

Anyone remember back then when boys brigade band will play his song at parties etc. Heck, I was at Mushin in Lagos when he drove past and my god the crowd that were all over him just cemented his status as one of the big influential and loved fish in naija jare.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Mingler: 2:18pm On Nov 12, 2010
I think Shina Peters might have been misinterpreted. What i think peters was just trying to say was that Tubaba has his own shortcomings, like even peters has his, or what happened to the ACE money? Squandered. Tubaba is not empty he his made of good stuff, however , he's got some bad traits, too much women, !!! Any way you can get the contact details of music professionals and other professionals in Nigeria by visiting
www.professionalsinnigeria.com
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ElRazur: 2:19pm On Nov 12, 2010
eldee:

It's a different era now, even KSA cannot sell as much as he used to thee days.

Sunny and Obey are actively releasing their 16 inch lp tracks on cd now and calling it "Old wines" or something to the effect. Should we now accuse them of being irrelevant and past their time too?

I think the guy just no like SSP and I respect that, but to say he is rubbish etc is just not true.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by DRIZ: 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2010
sir shina peters is no longer a musician, he's now a comedian. please who gave him 'sir'?  ;d
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ElRazur: 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2010
DRIZ:

sir shina peters is no longer a musician, he's now a comedian. please who gave him 'sir'?  ;d

Who gave Kollington the grand accolade of "Grand commander of Nigerian Youth".

You be a youth too, he be your commander?

Who gave Sikiru Ayinde Barrister "Doctor of Music"?

Who gave Wasiu Ayinde the title of a "King"? Heck for which town e be king?

Who gave Dr Dre and co the title of "Certified Gangsta"

Abeg carry go jare.

Who make D'Banj "Koko Master"?

Who make MI "The best" ?

Comot for here.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Bamsyle2(m): 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2010
ElRazur:

You are contradicting yourself. You are refusing to credit him because you do not regard him - That in itself na emotion right there jare. If you agree that all Genres over lap and duplicates idea from each other. The one can use your logic and say Fela invented "nada". After all, Fela's music was nothing but Jazz that was done to death in the 30-70s.  You see, your point is not worth the paper it is written on lol.

Dude for once be as objective as you can abeg . . . I don't have the luxury of time like Eldee had on that Hammer V. Jay-Z thread abeg  grin grin grin

You might be in haste to type a response but you'll do better when you read the point you're trying to counter well before you do - I said SSP tried to create a new genre but ended up with a fast-paced juju sound . . . on the other hand, someone like Fela ended up with a totally fresh sound . . . period.

I don't wanna type essays . . . Did you get that??

Check this out, Shina is widely accredited for creating a new Genre. And now some bloke on the web disagree. Lwkmd. Okay I will just go with the general notion that he created a new Genre. grin

You can go with what you wanna . . . and i'm going with what I want too . . . the fact that the 'general notion' says "all men have a p[/i]eni[i]s" does not make the statement right . . . it just means that 100 million folks or more are either living in ignorance or are too lazy to dig out facts.

Dude. Compare like for like. You know, apple and an apple! And not apple and a wide-screen tv. lol.  Shina can dance, sing etc. If he didn't Sunny Ade won't say good things about him.

Shina can dance and sing . . . can't Eedris "dance and sing"?? I'm tired of flogging this issue abeg.

First he's past his date, or something along those lines and now he aint a pro? Make up your mind and stop moving the goal post jare.  He may not be a pro, but jesus! In his field he was like an Einstein with his style of music.

Did i even talk about him being "past his date"?? And even if someone says he is, are they lying?? The fact that he's "past his date" or month is not the issue here . . . the issue is that whether morally or technically, he has no standi to say that to 2face.

Einstein?? With all the "7 is a number", "Ese meji l'oke" and the rest?? LWKMDFH.

Lol You are funny. Shina did all of those. You know, invented and did it well.

Well, we can laugh it off and just call it one of those things . . . but I mean every bit of what I'm saying.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ElRazur: 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2010
Bamsyle.:

Dude for once be as objective as you can abeg . . . I don't have the luxury of time like Eldee had on that Hammer V. Jay-Z thread abeg  grin grin grin

You might be in haste to type a response but you'll do better when you read the point you're trying to counter well before you do - I said SSP tried to create a new genre but ended up with a fast-paced juju sound . . . on the other hand, someone like Fela ended up with a totally fresh sound . . . period.

I don't wanna type essays . . . Did you get that??

So if you think Shina ended up with a fast paced "Juju-type sound". I guess using your logic,It is fair to say ended Fela ended up with "A high tempo Jazz sound with African chants".   Please listen to early jazz to get an idea.    Again, Fela and Shina are two different artist who express their music differently in different Genre, to compare them both is like Comparing Apala with Drum and Bass style of music. Wtf man.

You can go with what you wanna . . . and i'm going with what I want too . . . the fact that the 'general notion' says "all men have a p[/i]eni[i]s" does not make the statement right . . . it just means that 100 million folks or more are either living in ignorance or are too lazy to dig out facts.

Only that Majority is said to "win" the vote. All men may not have manliness, but heck I do and so are majority. That's good enough for me. Shina is rated by more people than one bloke on the net taking shots. I will take the view of others over yours.

Shina can dance and sing . . . can't Eedris "dance and sing"?? I'm tired of flogging this issue abeg.

Edris, to be honest is irrelevant to the debate at hand. Elvis can dance, so can Boy George, heck anyone can dance. Whether they dance well is something else. What exactly is your point?  shocked

Did i even talk about him being "past his date"?? And even if someone says he is, are they lying?? The fact that he's "past his date" or month is not the issue here . . . the issue is that whether morally or technically, he has no standi to say that to 2face.

Technically? Are you kidding me? Shina plays multi-instrument. Guitar and Keyboard being one. He makes his music and beats the hard way without the use of fruityloops and those computer generated sounds and you think Tuface is more technical? Jesus. Okay.

Einstein?? With all the "7 is a number", "Ese meji l'oke" and the rest?? LWKMDFH.

Figure of speech sir.

Listen, it is well known that he rocked the scene at the peak of his career. It is just not true to say otherwise is my point.

Well, we can laugh it off and just call it one of those things . . . but I mean every bit of what I'm saying.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Bamsyle2(m): 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2010
eldee:

A right to free speech means a right to spew gibberish, I can come out not and say 'BAMSYLE IS SMART' and get away with it. grin grin

Well, let me take that to mean you agree that SSP just spewed gibberish . . . so tomorrow if he comes out to say "Eldee is a dunce", he's just exercising his right of free speech . . .  grin grin grin

I'm not saying he was as good as Bob Marley, don't misquote me.
I've heard him live once, and he was perfect in my own opinion.

Maybe you and I listen to music differently.

So you're saying the band covered him with one tongue and then, nah, the studio covered his flaws in another??
I've not heard him sing acapella, so I can't comment on that part, but I know that there was nothing off-key bout him when he played live.

You're just "fleshing out" every bit of what I say to make up your argument . . . when I say "band", I'm referring to the fact that he played live - with a full orchestra - in a studio (doesn't have to be a rough stage recording like Fela used to do) . . . that's what they call analog recording as opposed to digital - the drums are live, the guitars, the violins, the sax, everything . . . compare that to digital where drum kits, etc are used from a keyboard . . . even fruity loops.

And how hypocritical are you, accusing me of 'lumping' SSP and Bob Marley into one category only for you to go on and mention SSP and Tony Tetuila in one breath.

I said that to show you how your theory of churning out "national anthems" and touring continents does not work here . . . of course I rate SSP above Tetuila.

SSP is no Fela or Victor Uwaifo, but coming here to call tell me he's a 'wacko' and 'makes noise' is just wrong on every level.

I'll borrow a thousand tongues to say it . . . I expect you to recognize that fine line between making 'good music' and being a pro.

You said he was all engineers and good band, and I pointed out the fact that not only does he compose and sing great music, he also plays instruments . . . now the goalpost has shifted to, it's only because he recorded his music live.

I don't know about this your 'goal post' thingy . . . abeg you and ElRazur should carry your monkey post back to where you started it - the MC Hammer/Jay-Z thread  grin grin grin

Abeg, drop the sentiments jare . . . SSP is one of the greats of Nigerian music, there's no question about that.

I dunno what's hard to understand here . . . some folks can play instruments (e.g D'Banj), some can dance (a la P-Square), etc . . . but when it comes to the grand scheme of things, they are not sound enough to be referred to as professionals.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by rhymz(m): 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2010
Elrazu take it or leave it Shina Peters goofed with that statement and in comparison he is more medicre than 2face. Forget whether he sings in a live band and Tuface sings in a studio, those are factors attributable to their time, in terms of who has achieved more with thier styles and talents, Tuface is like a rocket years ahead.  Music content, SP was not any better, his lyrics were just as petty as 2face's, popularity and better songs and albums Tuface shyts on him like hot. So what is the fuss all about him being a legend or you are trying to equate being a legend to only just a function of the time they started alone? Abeg forget all these embelishment jare, SSP was just as average in terms of talent as Tuface but the latter was prolific in his achievement with his talent.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by scmk: 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2010
Need to send sms to luved ones this season??

Webmailtosms.com
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by lordvamon(m): 2:49pm On Nov 12, 2010
what makes tuface empty?i dont undstnd.goin crazy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rumours Club To Host 50cent, Floyd Mayweather As Donatus Okonkwo Concludes Deals / G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) / Mercy Johnson Fires Regina Daniel!!! Mercy Johnson Says Regina Daniel Is Not 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.