Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters (27961 Views)

Shina Peters: "I Have Slept With 100 Women" / Omawumi, Shina Peters, Tony Tetuila, Waje & More At American Honey’s 90’s Party / Picture Of Dele Momodu, Chris Okotie And Shina Peters In The 90s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 12, 2010
In a brief interview, conducted at TV Continental in Lagos, Shina Peters tells us ‘…I want to see someone like 2face to be very successful because everything is just name. But deep down, I’m sorry to say this, he’s empty and it’s not good for our artistes…

http://nigeriafilms.com/news/9632/9/im-sorry-to-say-but-2face-is-empty-sir-shina-peter.html
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ishit4body(f): 9:09am On Nov 12, 2010
deep down, he is empty? Yet he has been able to pour the thing into how many women? How can that one be empty?

1 Like

Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by knotty(m): 9:31am On Nov 12, 2010
but wetin bros Shina get? ,make him go sit down jare.

his bastard child is all over the place wreaking havoc and he talks of a young man making a decent living empty. yeye
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by MissyB3(f): 9:48am On Nov 12, 2010
Let me hear word, Shina Peters. What makes Tuface empty?
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by MiKenny(f): 12:04pm On Nov 12, 2010
when will these old fools learn, imagine SSP calling Tuface empty, wetin bros get self
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ochocinco1(m): 12:04pm On Nov 12, 2010
lol . . . . .I have a feeling he  might be taken out of context.

But jeez. . .of all the people to be calling someone empty.

He of the ''Sikira Sikira , oya werewere kiyamosa. . .'' fame.

Epic Joke.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Kelvinj(m): 12:05pm On Nov 12, 2010
Look at old school abusing new school, wow if i was 2 face i'll employ him so that he'll be playing band for me. Btw do we still use bands apart from churches??
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ElRazur: 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2010
Here we go again. The younger ones who have no idea about History of Music in Nigeria having a go at an established and almost Legendary musician.

Shina is been around for a like forever, when people like him talk I will think he's got a few valid reason for saying so.  

Shina have had the women, the life, the fame and what not so when he is speaking I think people need to ask why is he saying that.  Pardon me if am wrong, but is it not Tuface that have 5 "baby mamas" or something? NOt to take anything away from Tuface, he is considered talented and I respect that too.

I do not know the in and out of the interview, so if anyone have a proper link to the interview then one can try and see what shina is saying. I have a feeling things may have been lifted out of context. Or Shina is translating his thoughts across very poorly (English was never his strong point)

Funny how a few people described him as irrelevant. This guy in a documentary on Music in Africa is labelled as one of those who shaped music in Nigeira from the 90s era. (Even though he's been influential from the 60s and 70s, but that one na another story)
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by sulad82i(m): 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2010
Kettle calling the pot black. oops lipsrsealed

The fact that SSP has a glory past does not give him the right to call another artist empty. What would have happen to his career of those ahead of him said the same about him, just saying
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by ochocinco1(m): 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2010
Oh we know all about Shina well well. . .We know about how Sammy, his all time benefactor, used to carry his tapes everywhere  to try to get him a lift and the music was widely derided.

The man was a one album hit wonder jor.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by MissyB3(f): 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2010
ocho cinco:

lol . . . . .I have a feeling he  might be taken out of context.

But jeez. . .of all the people to be calling someone empty.

He of the ''Sikira Sikira , oya werewere kiyamosa. . .'' fame.

Epic Joke.
Rotfl!! That's his song? And Tuface is supposed to be the ''empty'' one. Lmao!
I remember the Sikira Sikira part. The man is a joke!
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Ben13: 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2010
Even if Tuface is empty, he is a world class figure. That's the most important thing.
MissyB, what happened to your account? shocked
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by denony(m): 12:25pm On Nov 12, 2010
are u feeling this too baba eeeeeeeeee
somebody say , why not shut ur Zap. up shina
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by denony(m): 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2010
remember too baba is not only nigerian pride but african pride
mind you because 2face no send you ooo, but that one no mean say him no dey wish u well ooo
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by denony(m): 12:28pm On Nov 12, 2010
if u have no money for bleachng cream anymore
why not meet him, he will be of help to you.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by babaowo: 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2010
if its true that ssp said this,shows that he is the most emptiest man in naija, old cargo lol
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by sandee575(f): 12:34pm On Nov 12, 2010
Sina's limited knowlege of the language could be at play.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Bamsyle2(m): 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2010
Senility must be setting in on the "Grammar nor be my language" crooner . . .

I haven't read the full interview but I ain't interested either - what has Shina got to tell me?? The fact that he can't bother to speak proper English?? That he had to lick Abacha's a[/i]s[i]s to make sleazy money?? Or that he keeps sowing his wild oats all over the place??

He's long dead and forgotten and Posterity does not even have him in its good books . . .

I dunno why some artistes just don't understand the need for mutual respect . . . yeah I have a peck in my eye but you've got a log in yours - deal with it.

2face might even be a dunce but it doesn't lie in Shina's mouth to say it . . . how is he any better??

SSP shouldn't even talk when musicians of substance are gathered . . . the only music legends in Nigeria are Fela, KSA, Obey, IK Dairo . . . and I know I'm forgetting some but SSP ain't one of them.

1 Like

Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 12, 2010
ElRazur:

Here we go again. The younger ones who have no idea about History of Music in Nigeria having a go at an established and almost Legendary musician.

Shina is been around for a like forever, when people like him talk I will think he's got a few valid reason for saying so.  

Shina have had the women, the life, the fame and what not so when he is speaking I think people need to ask why is he saying that.  Pardon me if am wrong, but is it not Tuface that have 5 "baby mamas" or something? NOt to take anything away from Tuface, he is considered talented and I respect that too.

I do not know the in and out of the interview, so if anyone have a proper link to the interview then one can try and see what shina is saying. I have a feeling things may have been lifted out of context. Or Shina is translating his thoughts across very poorly (English was never his strong point)

Funny how a few people described him as irrelevant. This guy in a documentary on Music in Africa is labelled as one of those who shaped music in Nigeira from the 90s era. (Even though he's been influential from the 60s and 70s, but that one na another story)

Very true.

Although I don't support him calling tuface "empty"
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by eldee(m): 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2010
It must be a problem with the way he expressed his views . . . you can fault him for not using the right words or being arrogant, but you can't knock this man's music skills.

I don't know if what he's talking about is musical content, he trashes 2face on that level . . . he comes from a generation of Nigerian music where artistes used to actually make their own music, play their own instruments and tour like their lives depended on it.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by slap1(m): 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2010
SSP must understand the dichotomy between 'their' music and 'our' music. He can't expect 'our' music(ians) to have the same quality as 'theirs'.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by eldee(m): 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2010
Bamsyle.:

SSP shouldn't even talk when musicians of substance are gathered . . . the only music legends in Nigeria are Fela, KSA, Obey, IK Dairo . . . and I know I'm forgetting some but SSP ain't one of them.

SSP invented a genre . . . what more doe he need to do to be considered a legend in your books.

Yeah, Amy Winehouse is a junkie, MJ is prolly a child molester, Kels is the urinator . . . does that make em any less talented??
I don't care if he was Sergeant Roger or if he was Abacha's first born, he was good at what he did.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by jydtee007: 12:46pm On Nov 12, 2010
whatever shina peters meant by 2face being empty couldnt be out of comtext.
perhap if d whole interview was posted we will understand what he really meant by that phrase.
as 4 those calling shina peters name, they have suddenly 4gotten how this guy 2 us all by storm in d 90s even though he's been relevant since d 70s,
God, such an individual deserve alot of respect.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Tunisque(m): 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2010
This is an opportunity for you to have a home close to the prophet and also to invest, buy into Garden of Eden Estate, Simawa behind Redemption Camp at very cheap price of N380,000.00 Go here to see pictures https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-521891.0.html
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by jango77(m): 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2010
In a brief interview, conducted at TV Continental in Lagos, Shina Peters tells us ‘…I want to see someone like 2face to be very successful because everything is just name. But deep down, I’m sorry to say this, he’s empty and it’s not good for our artistes…

http://nigeriafilms.com/news/9632/9/im-sorry-to-say-but-2face-is-empty-sir-shina-peter.html--------------------------------------aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and so 4king what? did tuuuuuuuuuuuu ask him for advice or beg him for bread? oga peter,, i get b4 no be, u sef no. abeg live the guy alone make e live em life how em want,even if tuuuu is empty he still gat his MAGIC STICK if u doubt me go ask some of his baby mums grin grin grin, my home boy tuuuu anyhow sha i feel u
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Bamsyle2(m): 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2010
eldee:

It must be a problem with the way he expressed his views . . . you can fault him for not using the right words or being arrogant

Maybe . . . but whether he expressed it in Ogbomosho or Ijesha dialect is not the issue here . . . he said it and HE HAD NO RIGHT to say it.

but you can't knock this man's music skills.

Christ . . . which music skills?? He might have used a 500-man band but that doesn't add ish to his skills . . . SSP ain't a good singer by all standards - always singing off-key and has never had a refined voice . . . don't be deceived by what you hear through his customized mics/speakers . . . his engineers are his saving grace . . . have you ever heard him sing live?? Peops who know him wella would tell you how horrible he sounds.

If you do your search well, SSP started out with Segun Adewale . . . the latter was the star of the duo but SSP just got lucky . . . SSP had such a wacky voice folks said he must have used jazz . . .  cheesy

I don't know if what he's talking about is musical content, he trashes 2face on that level . . . he comes from a generation of Nigerian music where artistes used to actually make their own music, play their own instruments and tour like their lives depended on it.

His musical content?? His was the usual "shikishiki" and all the vulgar/lewd nonsense that prevailed during that era . . . technically speaking, he had good engineers and a nice band and that made up for his flaws.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Ranoscky(m): 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2010
jydtee007:

as 4 those calling shina peters name, they have suddenly 4gotten how this guy 2 us all by storm in d 90s even though he's been relevant since d 70s,
God, such an individual deserve alot of respect.

Such an Individual deserves alot of respect right? undecided. . .GOOD !!!

Mind you that, it's that same 'individual' that is sayin 2face of, not only Nigeria, but ALL Africa is empty, how does that sound to you? undecided. . .I guess SSP is just tryin to seek attention since no one hears from him anymore jor.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by missionma(m): 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2010
grin may the guy sees what you don't see, at least he should tell us why 2face is empty.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Ranoscky(m): 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2010
Bamsyle.:

Maybe . . . but whether he expressed it in Ogbomosho or Ijesha dialect is not the issue here . . . he said it and HE HAD NO RIGHT to say it.
grin grin grin

Now, daz funny. grin
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Bamsyle2(m): 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2010
eldee:

SSP invented a genre . . . what more doe he need to do to be considered a legend in your books.

Yeah, Amy Winehouse is a junkie, MJ is prolly a child molester, Kels is the urinator . . . does that make em any less talented??
I don't care if he was Sergeant Roger or if he was Abacha's first born, he was good at what he did.

Which genre?? A fusion of afro[/i]beat (Fela takes the credit there) and juju (the likes of KSA, Ebenezer Obey, Dele Abiodun and even a young Micho Ade take the cake there)??

He was just trying to fuse already established genres but ended up with nada.

I ain't even talking about his character only . . . I 'ont care if he's a serial [i]r[/i]apis[i]t
, music-wise he's a flop . . . and I mean that with every fibre of my being.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by fstranger: 1:09pm On Nov 12, 2010
ishit4body:

deep down, he is empty? Yet he has been able to pour the thing into how many women? How can that one be empty?

What he was tryna say is that tuface is NOW empty, status post pouring "the thing" into so many different women. As in he used to be full, but that he is NOW empty.
Re: ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters by Pennywise(m): 1:11pm On Nov 12, 2010
I never thought I could agree with SSP on anything. The lad is so, so empty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kaffy Looking Fierce In New Photos / Runtown Behind Fella Makafui And Medikal Fight, Hooks Her With Minister / Yul Edochie: Nonso Diobi Sheltered And Fed Me In Lagos On My Way To Stardom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.