Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls (16063 Views)

Terrorism Index: Nigeria’s Ranking Improves As Boko Haram Killings Dip By 72% / Debt Servicing Rises, Gulps 72% Of FG Revenues / Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Blue3k(m): 1:55am On Nov 01, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Blue3k(m): 2:13am On Nov 01, 2019
It's weird to me they forgot to ask do you already own other forms of ID like drivers license. I think that big reason not to bother getting national ID. I dont see point waiting in line for multiple IDs that serve similar functions. There's alot of poverty if the majority of people surveyed think 3000 naira is expensive to renew card. The cost of a drivers licence is more money.

On the last question to maje procesd easier I would say mail my stuff. I dont want wait in line twice.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Bola146(f): 5:14am On Nov 01, 2019
Why would I pay when government are collecting tax undecided

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by invigilator(m): 7:41am On Nov 01, 2019
I registered since 2016 till now I have not gotten my ID, this is just a prove that this country cares less of its citizens... We all got the voters card 3months after enrollment - another proof that this government is only interested in what benefits them... Imagine a Country spending billions on Voters Card and the same time spend another set of Billions on national ID Cards when the functions/features of both can be combined into one card at a lower cost. Sometimes I wonder why we have Ministry of Finance when cost is not being mitigated to the nearest minimum

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by VirginSearcher(m): 7:41am On Nov 01, 2019
Imagine if it was US Green Card the throw open to everyone angry who cares for Nigerian ID

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by ufotty2001: 7:41am On Nov 01, 2019
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Rahyberg(m): 7:41am On Nov 01, 2019
Is it my obligation to pay for it?

1 Like

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Samanza89: 7:41am On Nov 01, 2019
Me and my family are in that percentage. If mine expires pls FG should delete my data from their data base and deport me Asap...

Instead of ameliorating the sufferings of the common man you're increasing it, after all the useless taxes and stamp duties. May God judge you all.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by SouthSouth1914: 7:41am On Nov 01, 2019
What is the essence of having multiple IDs when they serve same purpose? This present government are just bent on scamming Nigerians after making things bad for them economically!

5 Likes

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by iWasNotHere(m): 7:41am On Nov 01, 2019
Pay for what exactly pls ? What are we benefiting from this government sef ? Our international passport is okay

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by rowland545(m): 7:42am On Nov 01, 2019
Fvck the Id I ain't paying shit

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Pautacfm: 7:42am On Nov 01, 2019
How do we renew what we don't have?

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by bolataiwo007: 7:42am On Nov 01, 2019
Inept policy, inept government & inept supporters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by don4real18(m): 7:42am On Nov 01, 2019
I am among the 72% grin
When my card expires, you can deport me to Canada

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Valwezzy: 7:42am On Nov 01, 2019
It'll reach 90% by this time next year

How do you renew what you don't have?

How do you even apply for what will take Aeon before it gets processed and done?

Mine that I did since 3 years ago is still pending, yet they want us to sheepishly renew it with a fee. sad
And to think there's a renewal fee makes it more Appalling.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Rayton(m): 7:43am On Nov 01, 2019
why should I pay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by ufotty2001: 7:43am On Nov 01, 2019
Why is this government emphasising on renewals while millions of people are yet to collect their national ID card

11 Likes

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 01, 2019
Because you'll loot the money

1 Like

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Dsourcee(m): 7:43am On Nov 01, 2019
Pay ko,buy ni
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by akinmusi(m): 7:43am On Nov 01, 2019
We like duplicity in everything we do here in Nigeria and waste much more resources on it

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Goldencheese(m): 7:43am On Nov 01, 2019
But this thing was free some years ago. What now changed?

3 Likes

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:44am On Nov 01, 2019
I have voters card driving license and international passport. Why should I have a ID card? Are those 4 above not forms of Identity.

Foolishness and Buhari

4 Likes

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by AleAirHub(m): 7:44am On Nov 01, 2019
I did my registration since 2015 till date no card has been issued to me. undecided
Besides, I have voters card & International passport so no big deal. undecided

1 Like

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 01, 2019
72% how? Who are the Rubbish 28% that agreed to pay for the renewal of that BS?

99.9% of Nigerians are not ready to pay for any rubbish renewal. What exactly do we get in return for being Nigerians? As we Literally pay for EVERYTHING!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 01, 2019
Funny. Who would want to renew his identity when it comes being to being Nigerian.

May be the government wants to see how much we love being Nigerian.
After all na those wey like programmes wey dem dey watch for dstv dey renew sub ba.

After all we dey renew data sub also on a daily ba.

But for me, i no need the id card, When no be say I fit use the Id card travel abroad.
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by herakles: 7:45am On Nov 01, 2019
invigilator:
I registered since 2016 till now I have not gotten my ID, this is just a prove that this country cares less of its citizens... We all got the voters card 3months after enrollment - another proof that this government is only interested in what benefits them... Imagine a Country spending billions on Voters Card and the same time spend another set of Billions on national ID Cards when the functions/features of both can be combined into one card at a lower cost. Sometimes I wonder why we have Ministry of Finance

I registered since 2014, and it's not ready yet

5 Likes

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Coldie(m): 7:47am On Nov 01, 2019
Let's be sincere there's no money o. If people had money all these things Wont be a problem
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by GrossPrice: 7:48am On Nov 01, 2019
Blue3k:
There's alot of poverty if the majority of people surveyed think 3000 naira is expensive to renew card. The cost of a drivers licence is more money.

Poverty in Nigeria, yet the brothels and beer parlors are still profitable and cigarette smokers can still afford to smoke > 0 stick per day.

Do you really know what poverty looks like?

1 Like

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by PureGoldh(m): 7:49am On Nov 01, 2019
Dx people just dey fry akara on top people head(s).

Government no wan pay Minimum wage...some state workers salaries no be something wey one can write home about... The cost of living in dx country is something else undecided

My Voters card and international passport Don do me... If I present it anywhere...am sure they will will not reject em

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Workers Defy Soludo’s Directive Against Sit-At-Home / President Tinubu Meets With Subodh Agrawal Of Biocube Technologies / We Killed Over 300 Boko Haram Fighters, Says Niger Defence Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.