Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,484 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? (35155 Views)

What Can Substitute Rice This Festive Period? / What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price / Here Are The Foods To Never Eat On An Empty Stomach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by goldmatrix(m): 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
...so without foreign rice, you have no Nigerian rice? What kind of update is this?

What do you mean by alternative to rice?
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Naijaarchive(m): 5:55pm On Nov 02, 2019
For Christmas..
Who rice help... Give me confirm pounded yam and osiki (vegetable&melon) soup with all the peripherals (ponmo, stock fish, bushmeat (grasscutter) or ogunfe) grin grin
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Opexzy: 5:57pm On Nov 02, 2019
I can go for months without tasting rice... I don't even go to eateries or canteen and order for rice... It's my last option...

Let them sell it for 50k per bag, na dem sabi...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by CaptainMitch: 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2019
APC supporters are dull people, they are now spreading the message that rice is a luxury see how we are disgracing ourselves, you can't support Buhari and use your brain optimally
lefulefu:
rice is not really an oyibo based meal.if u want to eat like white ppl just be eating donuts,hamburgers and chicken everyday

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Empredboy(m): 6:07pm On Nov 02, 2019
Chubhie:
Dangote go don increase the price of his spaghetti to reflect market demands.

The double tragedy is that a new government will come and open the borders. No be naija?
after they open the border the price go still remain like that

1 Like

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Empredboy(m): 6:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
ednut1:
local rice is expensive to produce and mill. Just like innoson cars costs too
when government didn't put the basic amenities in place before closing border
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by edoairways: 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2019
goldmatrix:
...so without foreign rice, you have no Nigerian rice? What kind of update is this?

What do you mean by alternative to rice?
I wonder.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Mcslize: 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2019
angelEmade:
beans all the way!
all lovers of beans gather here...
NAIRALANDERS CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO HAVE A BOOM IN YOUR BUSINESS.
THESE PEOPLE WILL ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS ON TOP WEBSITES RELATED TO YOUR PRODUCTS LIKE 9JAFLAVER.... NAIJALOADED...NAIJ.COM ETC
YOU ALSO GET ADVERTISING BONUS WHEN YOU SIGNUP. WITH 3K YOU CAN REACH UP TO TEN THOUSAND AUDIENCE. SIGNUP VIA MY LINK TO GET THE BONUS

I dey here gidigba o. Team Beans all the way. I don't like rice like that. So when I went to price rice and the man told me N1900 for that small rubber not even the custard yellow rubber o,I jejely advise myself as a bachelor omo buy 1 rubber of beans for N600 and move. No time. I bought my 1 rubber of beans and walked out like a king. Team beans all the way. Beans dey stay body tay pass rice. If I eat am,top am with moi moi omo I no go hungry again for that day till next day. This one no be joke o. I mean weti I dey yarn u so. Na so my body go just do gidigba for ground...if I dey waka na so I go dey bounce like mouka foam for ground. Omo u dey see weti I dey yarn u so? Look weti I dey show u omo. I think u don see am now?

If u feel weti I yarn u so, tuale say thumbs up for Team Beans. Na we get the area. Make rice park for corner. This season na beans we go cruise day, afternoon and night. Protein all the way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2019
CaptainMitch:
APC supporters are dull people, they are now spreading the message that rice is a luxury see how we are disgracing ourselves, you can't support Buhari and use your brain optimally
hahahhahaha grin grin grin biko rice is a basic staple meal and not a luxury grin grin grin grin grin.if it is becoming a luxury in nigeria that should tell u how far back nigeria is retrogressing everyday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by jojothaiv(m): 6:16pm On Nov 02, 2019
GuestLog:
lol kwarai da gaskaye! Na gashe ka oga na.
Hakane...

Ka San "Couscous" Abinchi Mu Ne...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Mcslize: 6:18pm On Nov 02, 2019
Topmaike007:
Beans and bread all the way, If you're in support pls gather here

Yes o, beans and bread, beans and yam, beans and dodo. This food dey hold body tight gan. Eat am before u go hungry na d next day. If I eat rice sleep I dey must wake up for night eat again cuz e no fit dey hold my body tight like beans. Beans all the way o.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by femi4: 6:20pm On Nov 02, 2019
Temitope1759:
In recent times the price of rice has increased due to the closure of the Nation's land borders preventing foreign rice from coming through such channels. Rice which used to be around 12,000 naira per 50kg bag is now over 25,000 naira.

It's less than two months to the Christmas and New Year celebration and it's evident that most Nigerian home are stocking up on food items including Rice.

Rice has always been a staple food for Nigerians and also a festive food. It can be used to make different kind of meal e.g Popular Nigerian Jollof and fried rice which are the preferred meal to be served to guests at parties, special occasions and on festive days.

I was at ShopRite Ota yesterday and I noticed the way people are rushing to buy rice and other foods items due to their ongoing discount promo on groceries.

With these ridiculous hike in the amount of rice, Which meal do you think can replace Rice's and state your reasons?

I'm waiting for your responses...

Pounded yam and Isapa

Semovita plus Efo riro

Porridge with titus

Amala with ewedu plus point n kill

Tuwo with gbegiri

African Salad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by gregyboy(m): 6:30pm On Nov 02, 2019
Mcslize:

Yes o, beans and bread, beans and yam, beans and dodo. This food dey hold body tight gan. Eat am before u go hungry na d next day. If I eat rice sleep I dey must wake up for night eat again cuz e no fit dey hold my body tight like beans. Beans all the way o.

E blike say i get anoda Belle for this life even if i eat beans full pot i will still feel hungry ..beans nor dey hold my belle
Inshort rice hold my belle pass and i don't like beans but rice....
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Sunnycliff(m): 6:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
GuestLog:
Do you know the food called couscous?

Not generally accepted by all especially easterners, cos that food is mainly northerners

1 Like

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Greatfullheart: 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2019
Pizza, or Vegetarian Foods or Even See Foods
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Greatfullheart: 6:37pm On Nov 02, 2019
DameB:
Spaghetti or beans or swallow
correct or Spaghetti Bolnise, Beans, See Foods

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 02, 2019
Temitope1759:
In recent times the price of rice has increased due to the closure of the Nation's land borders preventing foreign rice from coming through such channels. Rice which used to be around 12,000 naira per 50kg bag is now over 25,000 naira.

It's less than two months to the Christmas and New Year celebration and it's evident that most Nigerian home are stocking up on food items including Rice.

Rice has always been a staple food for Nigerians and also a festive food. It can be used to make different kind of meal e.g Popular Nigerian Jollof and fried rice which are the preferred meal to be served to guests at parties, special occasions and on festive days.

I was at ShopRite Ota yesterday and I noticed the way people are rushing to buy rice and other foods items due to their ongoing discount promo on groceries.

With these ridiculous hike in the amount of rice, Which meal do you think can replace Rice's and state your reasons?

I'm waiting for your responses...

Well...I already tot of skipping rice this xmas not because of the hike in price but because I'm tired of same old rice.

I plan on making small chops and goat meat pepper soup. Thats all! Rice HSA become boring.

Alternatively

Pounded yam with correct afang or Ogbono soup.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by ImaIma1(f): 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2019
Spaghetti can suffice.

Just make spaghetti Bolognese with carrots, spring onions, green peppers, peas with whichever animal...chicken, beef. Very easy and timely option.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by TommyAnthem(m): 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2019
Ukodo(Yam porridge with Chicken or beef garnished with ozziza leaves with udah,) 100% better than rice.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by CaptainMitch: 6:52pm On Nov 02, 2019
Read this thread na one of the useless supporters of this government

https://twitter.com/iyaboawokoya/status/1190187987407196160?s=19

lefulefu:
hahahhahaha grin grin grin biko rice is a basic staple meal and not a luxury grin grin grin grin grin.if it is becoming a luxury in nigeria that should tell u how far back nigeria is retrogressing everyday.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Chubhie: 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
Empredboy:
You sabi them wella....
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 02, 2019
Couscous
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Xclusiveme: 7:00pm On Nov 02, 2019
African dishes are not much. We only depend on rice during festive season. We need to adopt western meal into Africa oo
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Read this thread na one of the useless supporters of this government

https://twitter.com/iyaboawokoya/status/1190187987407196160?s=19

what is she even saying? in the first place why should rice be expensive in nigeria? only in nigeria when u eat chicken u are regarded as a rich man and also in nigeria when u eat beef u are regarded as a member of the wealthy class...and yet chicken,beef are just basic necesecities in other countries.now rice wey be the cheapest commodity wants to be a meal for the wealthy in nigeria grin..chai naija.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 02, 2019
Xclusiveme:
African dishes are not much. We only depend on rice during festive season. We need to adopt western meal into Africa oo
we can suppliment our african dishes with rice but that doesnt mean rice should be an expensive commodity.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 02, 2019
Empredboy:
anything that goes up in nigeria never goes down
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2019
ImaIma1:
Spaghetti can suffice.

Just make spaghetti Bolognese with carrots, spring onions, green peppers, peas with whichever animal...chicken, beef. Very easy and timely option.
buhari never increase price of spagetti?
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Mcslize: 7:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
gregyboy:

E blike say i get anoda Belle for this life even if i eat beans full pot i will still feel hungry ..beans nor dey hold my belle
Inshort rice hold my belle pass and i don't like beans but rice....

This is serious. But on a normal note beans supposed hold body pass rice going by the nutrient. Rice dey quick dey break down pass beans. It dey take time before beans dey break down and used up by the body that's why e dey stay body pass rice wey be carbohydrate. But it be like say furnace dey that ur belle o wey dey help break ogbonje beans so fast for ur tummy. Like me, I fit eat beans beans beans every day without getting tired o.

I dey hardly dey cook stew self. Sometimes if I cook stew e dey spoil cuz I no fit dey finish am cuz I go still dey cruise ma fried beans dey go. I dey fry my beans, and e dey sweet gan. Sometimes I dey top am with moi moi. If I finish that one, na bye bye to hunger for that day cuz even if I get up the next day, I go just stay like that o till that kind 1pm before I go begin feel hunger o and I like am no be small.

Our body chemistries different sha that's why some food dey stay some people body tay pass some. Na so life just be.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by bigjooe: 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2019
Dangote and golden penny Spaghetti
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2019
Ewa aganyin with fried plantain and specially fried stew garnished with your choice of side attraction like chicken....

Oh la la tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by CanadaOrBust: 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2019
angelEmade:
beans all the way!

And how do you deal with the gas or will just go around stinking up everywhere?
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by gregyboy(m): 7:20pm On Nov 02, 2019
Mcslize:

This is serious. But on a normal note beans supposed hold body pass rice going by the nutrient. Rice dey quick dey break down pass beans. It dey take time before beans dey break down and used up by the body that's why e dey stay body pass rice wey be carbohydrate. But it be like say furnace dey that ur belle o wey dey help break ogbonje beans so fast for ur tummy. Like me, I fit eat beans beans beans every day without getting tired o.

I dey hardly dey cook stew self. Sometimes if I cook stew e dey spoil cuz I no fit dey finish am cuz I go still dey cruise ma fried beans dey go. I dey fry my beans, and e dey sweet gan. Sometimes I dey top am with moi moi. If I finish that one, na bye bye to hunger for that day cuz even if I get up the next day, I go just stay like that o till that kind 1pm before I go begin feel hunger o and I like am no be small.

Our body chemistries different sha that's why some food dey stay some people body tay pass some. Na so life just be.

My body and beans nor dey agree and beans dey give me heart burn...
Beans nor dey stay my belle tey lie lie...
Same as rice
But u see pounded yam, eba ,and fufu them blike stone for my belle especially pounded yam...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? / See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) / Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.