Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,787 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? (35157 Views)

What Can Substitute Rice This Festive Period? / What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price / Here Are The Foods To Never Eat On An Empty Stomach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by poweredcom(m): 7:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
Rice and stew with correct salad n friend chicken
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by BluntBoy(m): 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2019
angelEmade:
beans all the way!
all lovers of beans gather here...
NAIRALANDERS CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO HAVE A BOOM IN YOUR BUSINESS.
THESE PEOPLE WILL ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS ON TOP WEBSITES RELATED TO YOUR PRODUCTS LIKE 9JAFLAVER.... NAIJALOADED...NAIJ.COM ETC
YOU ALSO GET ADVERTISING BONUS WHEN YOU SIGNUP. WITH 3K YOU CAN REACH UP TO TEN THOUSAND AUDIENCE. SIGNUP VIA MY LINK TO GET THE BONUS

My kind of woman.

Nothing beats a plate of beans.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by sharone21(f): 7:30pm On Nov 02, 2019
Alternatives are: bread, swallow, yams.....beans is NOT cheap as such and spaghetti is trying to increase....is the 50kg bag of rice@Shoprite Ota affordable?
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by frozen70g(f): 7:34pm On Nov 02, 2019
Abiodunspectre:
With the rate the price of rice is going up, me and my family are opting for a complete vegetable soup with any swallow of our choice.

This can only work perfectly where you have adults at home

Once you have children bellow 18yrs, it won't work

In fact, they don't understand the meaning of no rice at home

They so much love rich that they will eat it every day without complaining
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by mechanics(m): 7:35pm On Nov 02, 2019
Pounded yam with gbegiri soup.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Myzzyfrazzy(m): 7:46pm On Nov 02, 2019
ukodo( yam pepper soup) with goat meat .. my mum prepares dis during d festive period

1 Like

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by skedy1(m): 7:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
Yam and stew jare
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Chidelis(m): 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2019
Ofe nsala and pounded yam grin
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Slimsly100(f): 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2019
Yam. U can eat it with egg sauce, veggies, stew, and u can pound it and take with any soup of ur choice
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Slimsly100(f): 8:02pm On Nov 02, 2019
Myzzyfrazzy:
ukodo( yam pepper soup) with goat meat .. my mum prepares dis during d festive period

U must be from the SS.
Permit me to say Delta cheesy
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Daviddson(m): 8:11pm On Nov 02, 2019
These Tecno marketers have upgraded their marketing skills. And they're now also marketing for Airtel, Shoprite, etc. See how the OP subtly brought in that Shoprite is currently doing promo grin. ABIODUNSPECTRE and co, more strength to your elbow.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by iomoge2(f): 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2019
Me that has a party ahead of me. Lol.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 02, 2019
Drink garri and groundnut . It will suffice
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by kokomilala(m): 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2019
Pasta.It's an easier choice.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by OttHin: 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2019
This anytime, any day

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:06pm On Nov 02, 2019
Abiodunspectre:
We have a lot of meal in Nigeria that can serve as a better alternative to rice but we choose to neglect them. For Christmas knack me correct Banga soup with a very strong fufu maybe my stomach won't be happy. Whenever I go for shopping at ShopRite I buy a lot of pasta for my kids to replace rice for their breakfast to school. We are blessed in Nigeria.

Banga and fufu.....lord av mercy! cheesy
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Empredboy(m): 9:07pm On Nov 02, 2019
lefulefu:
anything that goes up in nigeria never goes down
next year the hardship I pray it won't be too harsh because 7.5% VAT and 30k minimum wage will take effect.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by angelEmade: 9:33pm On Nov 02, 2019
BluntBoy:

My kind of woman.
Nothing beats a plate of beans.
my kind of man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by augustine: 9:42pm On Nov 02, 2019
An alternative to rice would be acha and cuscus.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by badman007(m): 9:55pm On Nov 02, 2019
Cheese cheese and more cheese
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Chuksteric(m): 10:47pm On Nov 02, 2019
Daviddson:
These Tecno have upgraded their marketing skills. And they're not now also marketing for Airtel, Shoprite, etc. See how the OP subtly brought in that Shoprite is currently doing promo grin. ABIODUNSPECTRE and co, more strength to your elbow.
as in eh.. grin grin
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by iammolise(m): 10:59pm On Nov 02, 2019
Spaghetti
Noodles
Almighty egwa (BEANS)
Potato
And last but not least... Superhero G4 (garri flakes) grin
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Myzzyfrazzy(m): 10:59pm On Nov 02, 2019
Slimsly100:

U must be from the SS. Permit me to say Delta cheesy
u are very correct
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Topmaike007(m): 11:24pm On Nov 02, 2019
olioxx:
[/b]
Especially [b] ewa goin and freshly bake agege bread
your head dey dia
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Adakintroy2: 11:50pm On Nov 02, 2019
Nothing can replace rice and I mean nothing..not even beans. It was rice that made beans popular..rice and beans.

Swallow will aways push. But the thing with rice is that it's rice.

Fried, stew and rice, jellof, banga. Oil, coconut.,crayfish ...leave rice.He DE deliver.

Rice is class all by and in itself.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
frozen70g:

This can only work perfectly where you have adults at home

Once you have children bellow 18yrs, it won't work

In fact, they don't understand the meaning of no rice at home

They so much love rich that they will eat it every day without complaining
i thought its indomie that most kids these days prefer and not rice
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 02, 2019
Empredboy:
next year the hardship I pray it won't be too harsh because 7.5% VAT and 30k minimum wage will take effect.
buhari and co wont care if the suffering triples nau.everyman for himself i guess cheesy.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by DonroxyII: 12:17am On Nov 03, 2019
angelEmade:
beans all the way!
all lovers of beans gather here...
NAIRALANDERS CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO HAVE A BOOM IN YOUR BUSINESS.
THESE PEOPLE WILL ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS ON TOP WEBSITES RELATED TO YOUR PRODUCTS LIKE 9JAFLAVER.... NAIJALOADED...NAIJ.COM ETC
YOU ALSO GET ADVERTISING BONUS WHEN YOU SIGNUP. WITH 3K YOU CAN REACH UP TO TEN THOUSAND AUDIENCE. SIGNUP VIA MY LINK TO GET THE BONUS
As per Bachelor level ... I bought 2 paint of beans and 1 paint of Rice (Ehn ehn The For**gn 1) ....

Local rice dey get stone ... make Nigerian Rice dey get stone in 2019 and they still sell it for #1,800 per paint while FRice is #2200 per paint !!
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by atuagbo: 12:35am On Nov 03, 2019
Abiodunspectre:

Swallow is a better option but Nigerians wants to be like the white man.
Seriously! So rice is white man food?....lol
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Litmus: 12:49am On Nov 03, 2019
Sweet and sour Yam portage.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by davillian(m): 1:59am On Nov 03, 2019
Rice morning (its easy to package and give out. When your friends visit with their kids you gas serve them rice.)
Swallow afternoon (wheat) with better soup the soup de even reach 3 diff spec
catfish pepper soup and boiled yam..
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by frozen70g(f): 3:58am On Nov 03, 2019
lefulefu:
i thought its indomie that most kids these days prefer and not rice

Believe me, that indomie is a toxic, its not good for their health as a regular meal

Don't just form it a habit for them

Real natural food remains the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? / See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) / Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.