Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,362 members, 7,839,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion (32951 Views)

Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development Benchmarks / How They Stand In The Race For Senate: Apc 61 Pdp 33 Ypp 1 / Angry Nigerian Blast Lai Muhammad Over N3.5million E-lzakzakky Feeding (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by lexy2014: 1:20pm On Nov 03, 2019
Area4Area:
Why are you shouting? I told you already that the Nigerian government is trying to sought the land ports for now, make your personal investigation to know if only smugglers use land ports.

The land ports and borders remain shut for now

��� ��� grin cheesy grin
Y are u getting emotional? How do u no that am shouting? ���� cheesy cheesy

U still haven't answered d questions:

"Is it only smugglers that use d land borders? Do smugglers not also use air and sea ports?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by vaxx2: 1:20pm On Nov 03, 2019
Area4Area:
Your links to your last paragraph, why are you so interested in the Nigerian market yet you hate Nigeria and Nigerians so much? Tell me the secret
I don't hate Nigeria and Nigerians. how can I hate my fatherland ? I just hate the idealogy of the policy makers. and to your links. i am pretty sure you know the reasons the land border was closed . benin and other neighbouring countries are not allowed.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 1:20pm On Nov 03, 2019
Blue3k:

Stop talking nonsense. What contraband did they import. Reread the article slowly. The textile mills are down because the business environment bad for it.

Read the article if you want to know details on agreement. If you're not interested in fulfilling agreement just admit your government corrupt liars. You improvishing yourself isnt sending anyone a message. Your domestic companies are threating to leave and FDI still pitifully low compared to previous years.

Lol who's suffering you food prices jumped 50%. Nigerian can be a funny bunch. You really showed them by hurting your business.
Is it your suffering? You just go about spewing figures anyhow and if we ask for source or link, you'd run.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Notatribalist(m): 1:21pm On Nov 03, 2019
Japhet31:

Why will they come and start any company here... a country where hordes of other companies are running away? the roads are a bad, consistent power is almost non-existent, clearing your goods cost almost the cost of purchase and shipping? It'd be better the government fixes these ills at first. if despite the enabling environment, they still refuse to site their production facilities here, then it becomes a matter of economic sabotage and should be fought to a standstill.

My main fear is that three to four years is too short a time for anyone to start a company and expect to attain profitability. Whoever risks it to borrow and begin local production of these same banned goods now, the same person may not find the environment so encouraging after this current dispensation ends.
you made some valid point. Electricity in a real problem. As for the roads I don't think they are that bad as you made it seem.many other companies are running there business in Nigeria despite the bad road.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
isthatso:

if you had a brain and somebody is telling you he is losing 3 trillion naira from imported textiles, when we had a thriving textile industry in the north and our youths are now jobless, you will figure out that this is an opportunity to revive our textile industry and put our youths to work.

your youth are unemployed because the jobs from all the closed textile mills in Nigeria have been exported abroad and you are there saying they should open border? if the business in legitimate why dont they use the sea port?

......but maybe you dont

You lots are just ignorant. The man mentioned that Nigerian textile industries are dead which is common knowledge and they have to import from West African countries while exporting some raw materials like cotton, tye and dye etc and you think the business is illegitimate. Na wa for you o
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by AlphaStyles(m): 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2019
lexy2014:

Is it only smugglers that use d land borders? Do smugglers not also use air and sea ports?
I tire oo
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:24pm On Nov 03, 2019
ornicus:

https://www.nairaland.com/5495036/dahiru-mangal-smuggling-destruction-nigerian
this sums it up nicely. what OBJ should have done

you mean more about how you importers have destroyed different industries in this country?

you think industry is about buying things that can easily be made in this country?
economic saboteur, constantly conniving with foreigners to destroy your home country - while constantly wailing about no jobs and no economy

all most of us know is importing. TRADING. which is why all these so called entrepreneurs ideas are always buying and selling ie import and sell at a high price.

why is Boko Haram, Religious Fanaticism, and Drug abuse thriving in the north ? because an idle mind is the devils workshop. a few traders getting stupendously rich at the expense of jobs in textile factories.
if we revive our textile industries , there is a knock down effect

direct jobs for workers
jobs for suppliers of raw materials
jobs for people maintaining the plants

but rather than that - lets have the tried and tested logobenz Bleep everybody else while i get mine way - direct importation , ensuring chinese in a country millions of miles away get the jobs

self serving economic traitor is what you are

Don't be an ignoramus. A simple research of what killed the textile industries among which is primarily power is what you should have done before accusing middlemen who have a market to service of killing their producer as if that is possible
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 1:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
vaxx2:
I don't hate Nigeria and Nigerians. how can I hate my fatherland ? I just hate the idealogy of the policy makers. and to your links. i am pretty sure you know the reasons the land border was closed . benin and other neighbouring countries are not allowed.
Your fatherland indeed, you think I've forgotten your post where you wrote "GHANA FIRST".
I'm a proud Nigerian and would defend her just as you're doing same for Ghana so stop the lies.

Land borders remain shut for now till those leeching countries sought themselves out.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by ransomed: 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2019
Good news.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by vaxx2: 1:27pm On Nov 03, 2019
Area4Area:
Your fatherland indeed, you think I've forgotten your post where you wrote "GHANA FIRST".
I'm a proud Nigerian and would defend her just as you're doing same for Ghana so stop the lies.

Land borders remain shut for now till those leeching countries sought themselves out.
I am a national of both country, and Ghana being my motherland is my sweetheart.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by SarkinYarki: 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2019
leokid866:

How are you still so dumb.....did I claim redemption camp is in lagos? Please contemplate on your stupidity while your guy feeds you.....ps don't forget your rent will soon be due.

If my house was on the market for rent it will be about 8 million per annum and you wouldn't still be able to afford it ..well I hope to move to Bourdillon next year and when then I will out this on rent but it will still be out of your league you ogun state dweller . I am sure if I commit 20m to look for property in that your camp I will buy 6 ..I will look into that as a matter of fact .Shalom ..now go meet your mum in the kitchen she has served you foreign par boiled rice for lunch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

Don't be an ignoramus. A simple research of what killed the textile industries among which is primarily power is what you should have done before accusing middlemen who have a market to service of killing their producer as if that is possible

go and suck on atikus deek while adults are talking.foolish child.
why does every industry or factory have back up generators?
how is it power issues have not killed them?
you were forming knowledge about generators yesterday.
are you so daft and ignorant that you do not know that every industry will simply buy a generator, and pass cost of diesel etal to consumers?
have you ever worked at all, or do you just spend all your time looking for crumbs from politicians

ediat. get off my mentions useless beaf trained troll
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by MUMUdom: 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2019
The same way your ministers and officials were in Ghana begging and crying when shops belonging to nigerian traders were shut. Even on nairaland, it was a huge matter. For days, you Nigerians were talking about it.

Or you have forgotten how your foreign minister one Onyema or whatever shitty name, was in Accr@, begging for Ghana to open nigerian shops? They will soon be here again because starting from tomorrow, GUTA is closing shops of all Nigerians in Ghana grin I guess this time your president will come himself to beg angry

Area4Area:
Your ministers are all over Abuja like homeless destitutes begging and crying everywhere, how many Nigerian ministers have you seen or heard is in Accra begging since the closure?
I guess the Nigerian government should just ban any direct any direct flight between Nigeria and Ghana for now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 03, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

You lots are just ignorant. The man mentioned that Nigerian textile industries are dead which is common knowledge and they have to import from West African countries while exporting some raw materials like cotton, tye and dye etc and you think the business is illegitimate. Na wa for you o

Like I have said, the issue is: what sort of country are we that we are not enraged that we are importing $10b of textiles when we have dormant factories and unemployed youth? Everything else is a sideshow.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by omoiyamayor(m): 1:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
are they not human beans? They are human beans like the rest of us now
some said the blockade was to make life hell for southerners
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 1:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
vaxx2:
I am a national of both country, and Ghana being my motherland is my sweetheart.
This chat is becoming childish, let's talk or chat next time.
You can be from China, Japan, the US and Britain all together, makes no sense.

Go have your lunch and rest then you go outside and play.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:33pm On Nov 03, 2019
Chubhie:
To imagine that customs went to town celebrating that they made 3 billion daily by shutting the border. Why not get smart scanners and search for arms and rice instead of shutting down the whole economy of West Africa?

This crude approach have no place in a modern society. This is counter productive both in the short, medium and long terms.
You really believe they made 3bn? Are you not aware of this govt's lies and propaganda? How can a locker border generate 3bn? You self reason am na
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by leokid866: 1:35pm On Nov 03, 2019
SarkinYarki:

If my house was on the market for rent it will be about 8 million per annum and you wouldn't still be able to afford it ..well I hope to move to Bourdillon next year and when then I will out this on rent but it will still be out of your league you ogun state dweller . I am sure if I commit 20m to look for property in that your camp I will buy 6 ..I will look into that as a matter of fact .Shalom ..now go meet your mum in the kitchen she has served you foreign par boiled rice for lunch

Hey dumb ass I'm proud of you handing your rent money to my brothers....as for land in camp it's free you can come get it if you want.....now go run your g....Remember 8m ain't cheap and the year is about to run out....
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:37pm On Nov 03, 2019
isthatso:

Like I have said, the issue is: what sort of country are we that we are not enraged that we are importing $10b of textiles when we have dormant factories and unemployed youth? Everything else is a sideshow.

Good question!! That's what we should be tasking govt on not just blindly supporting policies that will further frustrate people who are just trying to get by
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Blue3k(m): 1:38pm On Nov 03, 2019
Area4Area:
Is it your suffering? You just go about spewing figures anyhow and if we ask for source or link, you'd run.

No that's why im laughing at your expense. Here's a source link. Admittedly I being hyperbolic but you get point. Real food inflation around 11%.

https://nairametrics.com/2019/11/03/nipc-to-generate-n1-46-billion-from-its-activities-in-2020/amp/
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by YourArewaSister: 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
No policy under this administration is a well thought out idea. They seem to act on the spur of the moment!

Buhari did the same thing back then when he was military head of state and the operation yielded nothing but hardship for Nigerians!!!

BUSINESSARENAA:
I once said that the closure of these borders is not a properly thought idea, but some ignorant entities were ranting up and down.

Rice is not the only commodity that passes through a border. There are a lot of genuine business that passes through the land border.

If you are importing or exporting to some of the west African countries, it's easier and more cost effective to use the land boarders than the sea port.

Imagine a man exporting textiles to Ghana from Kano, how possibly will he do that through the sea port in APAPA?

I am totally against rice smuggling but the government should have come up with smarter ideas to deal with this issue, and not shutting down the whole boarder.

Presently I have about two trailers of hides and skin from Mali parked at the boarder incurring bills, with high possibility of spoiling within the shortest period of time because of its present condition.

How do I import from Mali to Nigeria through the seaport?

It is only those that does not understand what happens at the land boarders that are jumping up and down.

Once again I reiterate my stance against smuggling rice through the boarders, but we have to be more tactical in handling certain issues as regards to our economy.

This boarder issue in Nigeria is like a fly perching on a man's scrotal sack, you have to apply wisdom in dealing with it, if not you may end up hurting yourself terribly bad if you hit it with great force.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
MUMUdom:
The same way your ministers and officials were in Ghana begging and crying when shops belonging to nigerian traders were shut. Even on nairaland, it was a huge matter. For days, you Nigerians were talking about it.

Or you have forgotten how your foreign minister one Onyema or whatever shitty name, was in Accr@, begging for Ghana to open nigerian shops? They will soon be here again because starting from tomorrow, GUTA is closing shops of all Nigerians in Ghana grin I guess this time your president will come himself to beg angry

Close those shops, stop your police from reopening them and tell your ministers from cautioning your GUTA or GUTTER.
You closed down the shops and the Nigerian economy wasn't dented but just an ordinary border closure and your economy is taking a beating.
That's why your ministers have made Abuja your adopted nation's capital now.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 1:43pm On Nov 03, 2019
Blue3k:

No that's why im laughing at your expense. Here's a source link. Admittedly I being hyperbolic but you get point. Real food inflation around 11%.

https://nairametrics.com/2019/11/03/nipc-to-generate-n1-46-billion-from-its-activities-in-2020/amp/
Check up your link very well because it doesn't fit into the discourse please.

You bandied 50%, I asked for link and you said 11% and and I read your link and it was saying something else.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:44pm On Nov 03, 2019
ornicus:

go and suck on atikus deek while adults are talking.foolish child.
why does every industry or factory have back up generators?
how is it power issues have not killed them?
you were forming knowledge about generators yesterday.
are you so daft and ignorant that you do not know that every industry will simply buy a generator, and pass cost of diesel etal to consumers?
have you ever worked at all, or do you just spend all your time looking for crumbs from politicians

ediat. get off my mentions useless beaf trained troll

Hahahaha
This mumu thinks using generators to power industries is efficient.
You see ya life? Pass it on to consumers okwaya? As if the consumers are so stupid to buy at exorbitant prices. Go to kd and Kano and tell them the textile industries died because they didn't know how to pass it on to customers if knife will not fall on you. Oponu ayirada.
Since your theory works dat way, how come Nigeria has become a low productivity nation. Sugomu. Arindin awatolenu
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by justtoodark: 1:48pm On Nov 03, 2019
AlphaStyles:
who told u NIGERIA is the one saving Africa?

f africa....!!
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by justtoodark: 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

Ode. Igbo are the biggest importers in Nigeria. How does border closure favour them

they should start producin stuffs and stop been so fvckin lazy....!!
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by justtoodark: 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2019
Just30:
in Ghana we dont run nonsense policies of closing borders grin grin grin grin grin

it solves no problem

we tackle the problem head-on

you again....thunda go fire you,right now,right now....

f ghana....!!
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

Hahahaha
This mumu thinks using generators to power industries is efficient.
You see ya life? Pass it on to consumers okwaya? As if the consumers are so stupid to buy at exorbitant prices. Go to kd and Kano and tell them the textile industries died because they didn't know how to pass it on to customers if knife will not fall on you. Oponu ayirada.
Since your theory works dat way, how come Nigeria has become a low productivity nation. Sugomu. Arindin awatolenu

foolish dunce
tower aluminum who make roofs, pots profiles use generators
MTN has two generators in every base station in this country
every petrol station has a generator
the rice mills have generators
molfix, nestle, guiness etal all have generators.

They have not died because economic saboteur importers have not been able to bring in cheap Chinese substitutes for their products.

i do not expect you to understand this, since the man whose dick you are sucking off spends all his own time in dubai. he would rather send his money making arabs rich.

hopefully we will pull through so our dead an at risk industries will be revived and you can finally get a real job and understand what gainful employment is. that will be the first in a long series of steps towards redeeming your arrant stupidity
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by justtoodark: 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2019
engrchykae:
whose job is that?

go ask putin....!!
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
Area4Area:
Go to any rural area good at rice cultivation and see the smiles on their faces, even in the urban areas sef, youths are seriously getting involved in poultry business
Pictures of the smile on their faces
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by justtoodark: 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2019
destinie2019:

It doesn't take nuclear weapons to destroy a nation. It just takes ignorance. Ignorance in the leadership. And a band of ignorants acting as the supporters club, loudly drowning out the voice of reason.

blabla....

and you even got likes for this nonesense you wrote....

nonesense....
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by justtoodark: 1:56pm On Nov 03, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Says a man that still depends on family member to survive day to day

wtf....??
you dont even know me sef....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Turns Preacher, Leads Sunday School In Abeokuta (video) / 2019: 5 Concerns APC Should Worry About From The Ekiti Governorship Election / MURIC Tasks Obiano On Muslims In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.