Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. (17032 Views)

Anambra State Fire Service(photos) / Ugwuanyi Hands Over Five Innoson Fire Fighting Trucks To State Fire Service / Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by tradepunter: 6:37am On Nov 07, 2019
Wasn't this debunked as fake news?? Didn't see this news in any mainstream media outlet. Very interesting if you asked me.

You want database with features such as likes, want, preferences, sex and age of over 5 million mobile users in a particular location for product and services campaigns, advertisement and promotion purpose?

If you answer is yes, then you can reach us via whatsApp on 08-05_477__59**38
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by Sabby1(m): 6:38am On Nov 07, 2019
Let's be sincere with ourselves
We are no strangers in Nigeria

We know the ability and capability of our government agencies, and trying to quench fire using a bucket filled water is nothing but a possibility
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by calberian: 6:38am On Nov 07, 2019
I hear you.

If these fire service folks had just done their damn jobs, we won’t have to spend time on this thread because it wouldn’t have existed. And that man on the roof wouldn’t have been there in the first place.

He was able to get there with buckets of water because the so called fire fighters weren’t there.

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by ntyce(m): 6:38am On Nov 07, 2019
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by justtoodark: 6:39am On Nov 07, 2019
you nigerians should stop apologizin this foreighn morafvckers....

they never did you any good throughout history....

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 07, 2019
what do you expect, when journalists are not exempt. look at that fool who went to get the dirtiest most unprocessed rice he could find so he could publish a so called investigative piece on rice.

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by Arthur02(m): 6:42am On Nov 07, 2019
seunmsg:
People prefer to believe the negative news anyway. Several videos of Lagos fire fighters and others battling the fire are available online but some people preferred to happily trend the video of a lone man using bucket to pour water on the fire.

It’s easier and more acceptable to sell the story of a broken down Nigeria where nothing works than to sell a story of a Nigeria where government agencies actually responded to handle an emergency.

As for Hopkins, she should fvck off with her racist opinion. We all saw how badly the incompetent British fire fighters handled the greenfell tower where over 70 people lost their lives.

i tire for nigerians ooo,
whether the person use bucket or cup at least is to help situation.
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by anonimi: 6:42am On Nov 07, 2019
justtoodark:
and why was this version trendin more then,than the complete version....??

Too many "lazy youths" who don't look further than what is right in front of them

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by justtoodark: 6:42am On Nov 07, 2019
and btw....we nigerians dont normaly use buckets to quench fire....

we rather watch it burn finish....
i dont know what that guy was trying their....
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by justtoodark: 6:44am On Nov 07, 2019
did you people didnt ask una selfs why he was the only person in the video tryin to put out the fire with a bucket....??
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by naptu2: 6:45am On Nov 07, 2019
adonismuller:
If all these fire services were there how come the fire was not put out? Or is it not fire they went there to put out?

An eye witness confirmed that all the goods in his shop were burnt to the ground and the fire service people came after the fire has done all necessary damages, same thing happened in Onitsha, how come they always come after the deed has been done?

They should continue mocking Nigeria till They do things right

If the fire was not put out then how come the fire stopped? If the fire service came after the fire had ended, then how come there are so many videos of firefighters fighting the fire (check the pictures and videos on the first post)?

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by TGM2015: 6:49am On Nov 07, 2019
I earlier stated that Lagos State has the best service Fighters because there are a lots of public and private fire fighting stations. And they have good synergy and collaboration in fighting fire in Lagos State.
From the post we have UBA, Union Bank, Federal, State, Julius Berger, etc fire Fighters coming together to fight that inferno.

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by adonismuller(m): 6:49am On Nov 07, 2019
naptu2:

If the fire was not put out then how come the fire stopped? If the fire service came after the fire had ended, then how come there are so many videos of firefighters fighting the fire (check the pictures and videos on the first post)?

I will ask you again! How come they always show up when all necessary damages has been done?

Oh maybe no fuel in their car? Car refuse to start? No routine check on fire vehicles? Please choose one cuz these are the cases with Nigerian agencies except bribe will be inlvolved.
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by naptu2: 6:50am On Nov 07, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:

Very timely correction,
I was abashed and in a state of utmost flabbergastation when that story made the rounds.
Though used to it, it still hurt a few nerves that my country of birth was the broth for a mediocre journalist's mockery.

Considering how much we've developed there, I knew there was no way a whole Lagos state could not combat a mere fire.
Thank you for this Naptu2.
While I commend your efforts at elucidating the incident, we should not lose sight of the true moral of that metaphorical picture.

There is a wild fire burning.
Insecurity is rife, hunger is roaming, poverty is growing, disillusionment is dominant in the citizen's lives, the roads are in deplorable states, salaries are not prompt, most 'take-home' pays will only take you home sad yet prices of goods and services continue to skyrocket.
You can not come out to protest against bad leadership or demand for better without repercussions.
It is worse now because you can't do that either on the social media.

NwaAmaikpe will sit still when within sight of the crosshairs because I hate to imagine another pendulum making Mama Ramotu moan while I await the acceptance of a bail perfection.

But the truth is,
Our homestead is on fire, we are burning, our future is threatened by flames.
But it's the helpless citizens that are using buckets to put out the fire.

The roads are graded and maintained by landlord associations, electricity is self-provided through generators, private bore-holes are the only source of water in homes.
Tuitions are handled by parents and wards; charms, mantles and vigilantes are relied on for security;
Affordable housing provision is self-sought, folks now live in Eleko when they work in Iju.

The picture might not be a complete reflection of the response to the Lagos fire.
But if it is not a perfect illustration of the present helplessness of the citizens, then I wonder what could be.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people complaining when things are bad. I do it too. But there's absolutely everything wrong with lying!

That's the problem. They told a lie. They said that the man was a member of the Lagos State Fire Service and that the fire service was using buckets to put out the fire. That's a lie.

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by justtoodark: 6:51am On Nov 07, 2019
Innoxxacs:
well said

that guy talks strange....he is not like average nigerians....
he says words i have never heard before....

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by naptu2: 6:51am On Nov 07, 2019
adonismuller:
I will ask you again! How come they always show up when all necessary damages has been done?

Oh maybe no fuel in their car? Car refuse to start? No routine check on fire vehicles? Please choose one cuz these are the cases with Nigerian agencies except bribe will be inlvolved.

naptu2:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people complaining when things are bad. I do it too. But there's absolutely everything wrong with lying!

That's the problem. They told a lie. The said that the man was a member of the Lagos State Fire Service and that the fire service was using buckets to put out the fire. That's a lie.

You just told a lie and you are trying to run away from that lie. You said that the fire service came when the fire was over. That's a lie and there's proof that it is a lie.

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by rickdaking(m): 6:52am On Nov 07, 2019
crylet me first read comments be4 I comment my own comment embarassed
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by justtoodark: 6:53am On Nov 07, 2019
rickdaking:
crylet me first read comments be4 I comment my own comment embarassed

go on commentin the comment that you want commented....
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by rickdaking(m): 6:55am On Nov 07, 2019
justtoodark:

go on commentin the comment that you want commented....
if I comment the comment that I wanted to comment.. people go face my comment cry
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by adonismuller(m): 6:57am On Nov 07, 2019
naptu2:

You just told a lie and you are trying to run away from that lie. You said that the fire service came when the fire was over. That's a lie and there's proof that it is a lie.
go to your English teacher and ask him “ what’s the difference between fire being over and necessary damages being done”

Hint: fire can be over when major damages has been done !

Are you a firefighter?

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by crafteck(m): 6:58am On Nov 07, 2019
alonzoiv:
A quicker response to emergencies would have sufficed , than this long kind of explanation. Nigeria, my Nigeria.

Maybe you don't stay in lagos but ever since fashola, I can bet anything on it that no emergency service can beat lagos, I wasn't there but if na for reacting to things like this.... Trust lru and others.
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by justtoodark: 7:00am On Nov 07, 2019
rickdaking:
if I comment the comment that I wanted to comment.. people go face my comment cry

commentin the comments is a commentin disaster....

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 07, 2019
What if they did as long as the job is done all method are good stop always been negative about your country
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by Ajibel(m): 7:00am On Nov 07, 2019
Nigerians are always looking for every opportunity to mock the country. From the same social media where they got the video/picture of the man using buckets of water in his attempt to quench the fire is also where it was posted of efforts from the fire service to put out the fire but they wont see that.

I even followed updates from Sanwo-olu's SSA on twitter about the firefighter's efforts but the bad news is what sells and trends, it draws traffic for the desperate blogger blogger and lots of likes and retweets for intellecshual influenshers, and this was an opportunity for Lagos haters to descend on Mr. Governor. Some even claimed since he assumed office, the LASEMA unit are no longer responsive like under Ambode's tenure.

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by Petmax: 7:01am On Nov 07, 2019
Fake news everywhere! Damaging the country image.

...I sell cheap and affordable data for all network
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by cenaman(m): 7:02am On Nov 07, 2019
If you check well the tweeter user that post it, is an IPOB.

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by rickdaking(m): 7:04am On Nov 07, 2019
justtoodark:

commentin the comments is a commentin disaster....
guy how I fit open thread Biko? cry
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by justtoodark: 7:04am On Nov 07, 2019
Ajibel:
Nigerians are always looking for every opportunity to mock the country. From the same social media where they got the video/picture of the man using buckets of water in his attempt to quench the fire is also where it was posted of efforts from the fire service to put out the fire but they wont see that.

I even followed updates from Sanwo-olu's SSA on twitter about the firefighter's efforts but the bad news is what sells and trends, it draws traffic for the desperate blogger blogger and lots of likes and retweets for intellecshual influenshers, and this was an opportunity for Lagos haters to descend on Mr. Governor. Some even claimed since he assumed office, the LASEMA unit are no longer responsive like under Ambode's tenure.

go and rest....
hypin yourself up will not solve anything....

its our job to look for informations personaly....
it is long clear since 2008 that nigeria has enemies in the world....

you have no excuse to fall for fake news....
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by naptu2: 7:06am On Nov 07, 2019
adonismuller:
go to your English teacher and ask him “ what’s the difference between fire being over and necessary damages being done”

Hint: fire can still be on when major damages has been done !

Are you a firefighter?

adonismuller:
If all these fire services were there how come the fire was not put out? Or is it not fire they went there to put out?

An eye witness confirmed that all the goods in his shop were burnt to the ground and the fire service people came after the fire has done all necessary damages, same thing happened in Onitsha, how come they always come after the deed has been done?

They should continue mocking Nigeria till They do things right

1) How can you say that the fire was not put out when they stopped the fire?

2) Not only did they put out the fire, they also stopped it from spreading to other buildings. They worked until 10pm to stop the blaze.

3) Every fire does damages. It depends on the intensity of the fire and what is burning. Didn't the Grenfell Tower burn down in the UK? Didn't the World Trade Center burn down in the US?

4) Nobody died in the building, but a policeman sadly died when part of the building collapsed.

5) There was fabric in that building. Textile materials burn very quickly. The fire service cannot be there at the start of a fire. Someone needs to inform them that there's a fire and then they need to come from their station. Between the time that a fire starts and the time that they are informed and the time that they arrive, damage can be done. That's the way it is around the world.

6) This is totally different from the Onitsha fire because only the Delta State Fire Service turned out to stop the Onitsha fire. The Anambra State Fire Service did not turn out. Look at the number of agencies that turned out here, including the Union Bank Fire Service which is just two streets away. Do you really believe that they didn't turn out on time?

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by justtoodark: 7:09am On Nov 07, 2019
rickdaking:
guy how I fit open thread Biko? cry

just go the section you want and click Create New Topic....

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Did Not Use Buckets To Quench The Balogun Market Fire. by wristbangle: 7:11am On Nov 07, 2019
We can all agree that one of the problem in this country is its citizens. Many things are not working doesn't mean the few still at the best should be degraded or reduced to nothing.

People do not understand the implication of spreading negative news on social media which dents further the already damaged reputation of this country.

In the overseas, they have far worse news to Nigeria but will try to cover it by all means. Incidence like fire outbreak, etc does not know any boundaries. Like someone simply put, the man with bucket of water might be trying to safeguard his property/investment from being destroyed which is a dangerous move. Though I feel for him but I will add that it is a foolish and useless move.

Imagine this headline on British newspaper: MAN USES BUCKET OF WATER TO QUENCH AN INFERNO - A Case Of Failed Nigeria System. What a pity!

Nigeria Ranks 4th On World Bank’s Borrowers’ List With $14.3billion Debt / Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa / Army Hands Widows & Children Of Boko Haram To Borno State Government

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57