Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) (2111 Views)

My Husband Kicked Me Out After A DNA Test Revealed He Wasn’t My Daughter Dad / Man Finds Out Who His Biological Father Is After Carrying Out A DNA Test (photo) / How Much Is The Cost Of A DNA Paternity Test In Nigerian Hospitals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by Dozzywest(m): 7:24am On Nov 09, 2019
In a world filled with mistrust, betrayals and diabolical manipulations, some marriages are just surviving because of the safety and well-being of the children which must be considered first above marital squabbles.

A woman took to Twitter to express how devastated she was when she found out that her husband took their children for a DNA test secretly without her knowledge.

Do you think the lady would have discouraged the man if he had made mention of his intentions and ask for a DNA test on the kids? Would it have created doubts about the wife fidelity to her husband? Is the man's action justified? Ladies what will be your reaction if you discover such in your home.

Should the lady confront the husband on his alleged betrayals and lack of trust?

Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by adebayo10977(m): 7:27am On Nov 09, 2019
I will do it for so many reasons, I'm currently battling with it right now, my girlfriend is pregnant and I'm not sure whether I'm fully responsible for it or not.... But DNA will reveal it when it's time...
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by Dozzywest(m): 7:31am On Nov 09, 2019
adebayo10977:
I will do it for so many reasons, I'm currently battling with it right now, my girlfriend is pregnant and I'm not sure whether I'm fully responsible for it or not.... But DNA will reveal it when it's time...
if you have started having doubts about the child's parternity, then be prepared for the worst.
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by adebayo10977(m): 7:36am On Nov 09, 2019
Dozzywest:
if you have started having doubts about the child's parternity, then be prepared for the worst.
I don't really get your point...
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by Blakjewelry(m): 7:38am On Nov 09, 2019
since it is done in secrecy, then its already that there is a mistrust, if you want to do it both of should discuss it
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by Cutehector(m): 7:40am On Nov 09, 2019
You should be happy the results have cleared his doubts so he can now be free with you.

4 Likes

Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by Dozzywest(m): 7:43am On Nov 09, 2019
adebayo10977:

I don't really get your point...
since you have complained about not being sure if you are truly responsible for the pregnancy, I am only saying that you brace up for any disappointments that will come when the test results proved that you are not the one responsible.
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by LordKO(m): 8:02am On Nov 09, 2019
Personally, I believe that the worst form of abuse a spouse can mete out to another is to unjustifiably question their integrity, towards them especially.

In this particular case, the man acted like a typical weakling/small-minded person. Since he made up his mind to carry out a DNA test on the offspring, justifiably or not, he should have been bold and open in doing it with full knowledge of the wife, rather than going through the secret route, like he did.

7 Likes

Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by ifyalways(f): 8:06am On Nov 09, 2019
I dont believe the story one bit. The man will not keep the result since the children are his, he would destroy it and move on.

4 Likes

Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by Dozzywest(m): 8:07am On Nov 09, 2019
LordKO:
Personally, I believe that the worst form of abuse a spouse can mete out to another is to unjustifiably question their integrity, towards them especially.

In this particular case, the man acted like a typical weakling. Since he made up his mind to carry out a DNA test on the offspring, justifiably or not, he should had been bold and open in doing it with full knowledge of the wife rather than going through the secret route, like he did.

maybe he has some cogent reasons for going about it without the wife's knowledge, but still he would have told her about the results than locking it away in his closet.
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by Dozzywest(m): 8:11am On Nov 09, 2019
ifyalways:
I dont believe the story one bit. The man will not keep the result since the children are his, he would destroy it and move on.
we are not here to dispute over what you choose to believe or not.
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by LordKO(m): 8:12am On Nov 09, 2019
Dozzywest:

Like I said above, whether or not he has a justifiable/cogent reason, he should have been bold and open in doing so with full knowledge of his wife, with or without her consent - like an aristocratic man would do. The secret route he took defile courage, diplomacy and rationality, and it amounts to pretence and disingenuousness - he's a typical weakling/small-minded man.

3 Likes

Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by crackhaus: 8:15am On Nov 09, 2019
Nothing wrong with wanting DNA tests, I think any man who feels unsure ought to have it done, but it must always be with the knowledge of his wife.

That said, assuming the wife was initially being emotional about having a DNA test done on the kids, then it definitely makes sense for her husband to do it secretly.
He only messed up by not keeping/disposing it properly.

5 Likes

Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by lobell: 9:04am On Nov 09, 2019
Doubts are seeds that grow to become terrible trees later. It's better to clear the doubts and move on happy with life than entertain misgivings that may or may not be true.
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by Greatzeus(m): 12:27pm On Nov 09, 2019
ifyalways:
You have sense, imagine he even kept it loosely where the wife can find it.
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by SoftP(m): 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
It's for the woman's best interest,
No level of trust should suppress a man from getting paternity test unless he doesn't have the money

It's a deceitful world, forget all this grammar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by bukatyne(f): 12:54pm On Nov 09, 2019
adebayo10977:

Fully responsible?
grin grin grin grin grin

I find this funny!

Can there be a half father?

1 Like

Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by adedayoa2(f): 1:20pm On Nov 09, 2019
He doesn't trust you
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by logan2(m): 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
ifyalways:
criminal minded!!!
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by seunmsg(m): 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
DNA test is advisable for every man that can afford it. It doesn’t mean the man doesn’t love or trust his wife. It is just to clear all doubt in a world where everything seems to have gone upside down.

If a man is carrying out the test on his child/children from a legitimate marriage, it’s better to do it without the knowledge of the wife. If it is on a child whose paternity was already a bone of contention from pregnancy, both partners should be involved.

I still don’t get why ladies see DNA test as something bad when they should even be the ones encouraging it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by Belafonte(m): 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2019
Blakjewelry:
since it is done in secrecy, then its already that there is a mistrust, if you want to do it both of should discuss it

So, how will this discussion go?

Husband: Dear, I would like to have a DNA test to prove that I actually fathered our children.

Wife: Why?

Husband: I don't know. I just want to be sure you haven't been fúcking around and bringing me other men's children to father.

Wife: Okay, honey. You're right. Let's take a trip to the hospital.

Is this how it played out in your head?
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by Dozzywest(m): 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2019
Belafonte:

Husband: Dear, I would like to have a DNA test to prove that I actually fathered our children.

Husband: I don't know. I just want to be sure you haven't been fúcking around and bringing me other men's children to father.

you are such a funny chap..the mere mention of a parternity test in some families is capable of creating serious divide between spouses.
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by genq(m): 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
Take a DNA test if your wife has any of the following characteristics:

1. A banker.
2. An actress (or aspiring actress).
3. Does any kind of marketing job.
4. Fair in complexion (uses cream).
5. Lives in Lagos, PH or Abuja.
6.Has an Instagram account
7. Is a human being.
8. Has a vaagina.
9. Breathes
10. Wears another human being's hair on her head.

5 Likes

Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by Belafonte(m): 3:36pm On Nov 09, 2019
Dozzywest:
you are such a funny chap..the mere mention of a parternity test in some families is capable of creating serious divide between spouses.

But you're recommending both spouses discuss the matter. How do you think the conversation would go?
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by dollytino4real(f): 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2019
no nid because d result did not speak wrong, pretend u did not see it at all,
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by Blakjewelry(m): 7:09pm On Nov 09, 2019
Belafonte:

too much nollywood and Bollywood is bad for you, is this how you and your babe communicate?
btw do you know i did my hiv test because of a girl i was asking out? if she sounds just like you, damn!
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by frozen70g(f): 12:56am On Nov 10, 2019
That man lacks trust in her and even in his own self
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by nlPoster: 1:04am On Nov 10, 2019
Just stupidity.
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by Belafonte(m): 10:44am On Nov 10, 2019
Blakjewelry:

too much nollywood and Bollywood is bad for you, is this how you and your babe communicate?
btw do you know i did my hiv test because of a girl i was asking out? if she sounds just like you, damn!

How does HIV test question your babe's loyalty? You can get HIV through a thousand means, the only way your babe will give you someone else's child is if she has been getting dìcked on the side.

Critical thinking is obviously not one of your strengths.
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by Belafonte(m): 10:44am On Nov 10, 2019
frozen70g:
That man lacks trust in her and even in his own self

How does he lack trust in himself by conducting a paternity test? Educate us. We want to know.
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by Blakjewelry(m): 10:56am On Nov 10, 2019
Belafonte:

How does HIV test question your babe's loyalty? You can get HIV through a thousand means, the only way your babe will give you someone else's child is if she has been getting dìcked on the side.

Critical thinking is obviously not one of your strengths.
mister critical thinker, what percentage of people get hiv via external source? beside haven't you held of people whose babies have been switch at the hospital? didnt read read on nairaland where a man and his wife dna didnt match their baby's ? the thing you guys always think narrow, you think when it comes to dna test the first thing that comes to mind is infidelity because your mind revolve around sex. dont you it might come handy in the case of medical emergency
Re: Can a Man Take his Kids for a DNA Test without his Wife's Knowledge? (photos) by ednut1(m): 11:00am On Nov 10, 2019
ifyalways:
correct he would trash it in the hospital or leave in his car

(1) (2) (Reply)

How A Nairalander Came To The Rescue Of A Private School Teacher. / I'm Tired! Please Help / My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.