Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,989 members, 7,814,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters (21584 Views)

BREAKING: Security Agents Lock NASS Gate, Deny Protesting Lawyers Entry / Buhari To El-rufai: Your Entry Into Public Service Was Accidental… / Dino Melaye Moved From DSS Health Facility To SARS Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by Kwanza: 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2019
The Department of State Services has again denied access to Omoyele Sowore's lawyers, who wanted to retrieve him from their detention facility after the agency's spokesperson, Peter Afunaya, claimed that no one had come for Sowore.

Afunaya said the organisation was a law-abiding agency committed to the rule of law on Friday night.

Falana had refuted the claims, saying his lawyers waited at the facility on Thursday for four hours to no avail.

However, on Saturday morning, lawyers and activists stormed the facility to take Sowore home but were met with stiff resistance by operatives, who said they had no clearance to let him go.

The development comes amidst public condemnation of theatrics by the DSS that had flouted two court orders for Sowore's release.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/11/09/breaking-dss-prevents-lawyers-entry-facility-retrieve-sowore

1 Like

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by meccuno: 1:09pm On Nov 09, 2019
Let him die there.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by nothingspoil70: 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
meccuno:
Let him die there.
Today it's Sowore, tomorrow it will be you

346 Likes 24 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by seunmsg(m): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2019
There is a need for massive mobilization of Nigerians to DSS office on Monday if he has not been released by then. Let’s shut down the road leading to the facility. No entry or exit from DSS office. Enough of this nonsense.

175 Likes 12 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by Willy7(m): 1:43pm On Nov 09, 2019
Sometimes I wonder how less than 100,000 security operatives of a country is able to instill fear and intimidation on more than 160 million people. How can so few people decide to make the whole Nation a subject of mockery and feel good and untouchable about it? What is really going on in this country? Are we back to military days? What did GEJ do that APC hasn't multiplied? Why is one man and few hawks around him having a feel day destroying every gain Democracy has made before their accension? Our institutions has been destroyed and laws balkanized. Honestly I weep for my country Nigeria. We have never had it so bad. But one thing I believe is that this evil will not linger. It cannot continue.

185 Likes 16 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by NaijaHeadlines: 1:47pm On Nov 09, 2019
shocked
Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by Donald95(m): 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2019
DSS is behaving anyhow because Ya-raba people failed to stand behind their own. Dss saw their unstableness and used it against their son.

I remember when Nnamdi Kanu was granted bail ánd Bulhari refused. By now, sit at home protest and massive road protest where rocking the whole SE

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by meccuno: 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2019
nothingspoil70:
Karma serves her dish very cold. he was warned but refused to listen. and it can never be me. its for all those who supported Atyrant because of tribe and greed. grin

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by seunmsg(m): 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2019
Donald95:
DSS is behaving anyhow because Ya-raba people failed to stand behind their own. Dss saw their unstableness and used it against their son.

I remember when Nnamdi Kanu was granted bail ánd Bulhari refused. By now, sit at home protest and massive road protest where rocking the whole SE

Sowore is a Nigerian and he’s fighting for all Nigerians. We must resist all attempt to tribalize Sowore’s struggle. This is the time for Nigerians to unite and tell DSS enough is enough and not a time to play the silly and sickening ethnic card.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by Overself: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2019
nothingspoil70:
Shut up!! Sowore eat with d devil in 2015,he must keep eating the delicacy he prepared for himself till 2023. Do u know how many millions are passing through agony because of the stupid decisions u all made in 2015? E must go round for u zombies!!

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by Overself: 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2019
seunmsg:
There is a need for massive mobilization of Nigerians to DSS office on Monday if he has not been released by then. Let’s shut down the road leading to the facility. No entry or exit from DSS office. Enough of this nonsense.
U never hear of d word " one man Mopol" Mr Afonja,u must go and rescue ur brother alone, moreover is ur master that is keeping him in chains. When u reach there,shout sai baba 7times dem go free am.... Rubbish

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by Racoon(m): 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
The same DSS that was lying that no one came for the same Sowore after repeated court orders? Why is every agency of government lying so brazenly & shamelessly under this regime?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by seunmsg(m): 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
Overself:

[s]U never hear of d word " one man Mopol" Mr Afonja,u must go and rescue ur brother alone, moreover is ur master that is keeping him in chains. When u reach there,shout sai baba 7times dem go free am.... Rubbish[/s]

My clarion call is meant for reasonable patriots and not for low life bigots who are still stuck in the cesspit of 2015 electoral defeat.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by meccuno: 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2019
[s]
seunmsg:

My clarion call is meant for reasonable patriots and not for low life bigots who are still stuck in the cesspit of 2015 electoral defeat.
[/s]amala patriots .............sophisticated "more run" grin

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by Overself: 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2019
seunmsg:

Mr zombie Buhari na ur fada na,go dere make u shout sai baba 7times dem go let am go...Rat brain

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by Racoon(m): 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
[s]
seunmsg:
Sowore is a Nigerian and he’s fighting for all Nigerians. We must resist all attempt to tribalize Sowore’s struggle. This is the time for Nigerians to unite and tell DSS enough is enough and not a time to play the usual silly ethnic card.
[/s] Tyrannts have no time or place for sensible reasoning.You were warned but parochial sentiments beclouded the sense of sound judgement of your lots.Enjoy it.Karma never forgive or forgets.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
yeye country

3 Likes

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by Oriyomin25(m): 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
seunmsg:

Damn! Bro, You Just murdered someone's child.

7 Likes

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2019
seunmsg:

You're alone on this one

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by olril17(m): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2019
seunmsg:
Monafikii eeyan..
go to Sahara reporters facebook homepage and see how Hausa fulanis are making jest of Sowore and taunting him..
se gbogboyin ni e fee gbon ni?
ee ti soora yin di eru gambari taan..shameless Yoruba apodaa

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by LabDNA: 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2019
Why are people pretending they weren't warned in 2015?
Anyway na siddon look I dey for my office.

27 Likes

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by seunmsg(m): 2:51pm On Nov 09, 2019
Racoon:
[s][/s] Tyrannts have no time or place for sensible reasoning.You were warned but parochial sentiments beclouded the sense of sound judgement of your lots.Enjoy it.Karma never forgive or forgets.

I was warned by who? And what is the nonsense talk about Karma? See kid, people like Sowore have been fighting bad governance in Nigeria since the first republic. Folks like Sowore fought the military till they ran back into their barracks. Patriotic Nigerians will continue to fight bad governance till we achieve a Nigeria of our dreams. We fight for Nigeria and not for a party or ethnic group.

You lots that support corruption and bigotry are such a shameless bunch. Anybody that felt Jonathan should have continued in 2015 despite the massive looting of our common patrimony is an idiot. Jonathan failed and he was legitimately voted out. Folks are strategizing ahead of 2023 and people like you are still crying over 2015. Smh!

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by kayusely70(m): 3:13pm On Nov 09, 2019
olril17:

Monafikii eeyan..
go to Sahara reporters facebook homepage and see how Hausa fulanis are making jest of Sowore and taunting him..
se gbogboyin ni e fee gbon ni?
ee ti soora yin di eru gambari taan..shameless Yoruba apodaa
Atiku who your tribe is worshipping is of which tribe. Eranko omo irankiran

11 Likes

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by olril17(m): 3:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
kayusely70:
Atiku who your tribe is worshipping is of which tribe. Eranko omo irankiran
oloriburuku oloshi afofungbemu...
so only igbos are supporting atiku,or anyone opposed to this useless govt is Igbo
kaa daa fawoon ton bi oo loomo..eranko jatijati

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by MrALIVE: 3:28pm On Nov 09, 2019
meccuno:
Let him die there.
beast!!!

4 Likes

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by Thisis2raw(m): 3:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
"This is it" we're done as a nation

2 Likes

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by sujexy(m): 3:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
seunmsg:
I agree with you for the second time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by meccuno: 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2019
MrALIVE:
beast!!!
;Die slow

1 Like

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by slimfit1(m): 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2019
Tell me if this country is not a joke. These people are turning an important agency into drama agency. Stick to your words so that we can get you the respect you deserve.

2 Likes

Re: DSS prevents Lawyers' Entry Into Facility To Retrieve Sowore - Sahara Reporters by Freshbaba95(m): 4:01pm On Nov 09, 2019
Willy7:
Sometimes I wonder how less than 100,000 security operatives of a country is able to instill fear and intimidation on more than 160 million people. How can so few people decide to make the whole Nation a subject of mockery and feel good and untouchable about it? What is really going on in this country? Are we back to military days? What did GEJ do that APC hasn't multiplied? Why is one man and few hawks around him having a feel day destroying every gain Democracy has made before their accension? Our institutions has been destroyed and laws balkanized. Honestly I weep for my country Nigeria. We have never had it so bad. But one thing I believe is that this evil will not linger. It cannot continue.

Who dn die, dn die... Na only condolence your family go receive

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of Peter Obi & Datti Meeting With Northern Elder's Forum / Usani Uguru Reveals Sponsors Of Niger Delta Avengers / Nigeria To Ban Rice Importation This Year – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.