Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife (32367 Views)

Bala Mohammed: I Told Atiku He’s Old, Tired To Lead Nigeria, Declares Interest / Bala Mohammed: I have No Apologies For Using Chloroquine To Cure Coronavirus / Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man (2) (3) (4)

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by mujiboy(m): 11:15am On Nov 10, 2019
Danwakae:

12 years old for girls to get married is from the holy book, QURAN ... not a law in the north.

Please don’t say what you don’t know.
There is nowhere it is written in the Quran that a lady should get married at 12yrs

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Ryan03(f): 11:15am On Nov 10, 2019
lonelydora:
Can you imagine?

Is it not money she went for?
you are not normal o
Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 10, 2019
Honestly, this people are irritable to discuss.

In the whole globe of the world, I think the core North are the most backwards and least evolved specie of the human race -- and believe me, this is no tribalism or prejudice.

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by olutop(m): 11:17am On Nov 10, 2019
Danwakae:

12 years old for girls to get married is from the holy book, QURAN ... not a law in the north.
Guy Check Nigeria's Constitution it used to be 12 until when it was amended but the Northern states never imbibed it....so the general consent age 4 naija na 12.
Don't quote me o,but dtz d truth.

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by adeniyi65(m): 11:17am On Nov 10, 2019
Charleys:

Sweet sixteen... Nothing wrong there.

Modified: before you guys crucify me, the age of consent in the North is 12.

It's in the law so mods don't ban me, I don tire for Bans.
Pls something is not clear here.is the northern law diferent from the rest?
Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by smilingcoast: 11:21am On Nov 10, 2019
Danwakae:

Islam did not specify age, it says when they are mature enough.....thats when using one sense comes in buts its unfortunate some have been deprived of sense long ago.

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by DameB(f): 11:22am On Nov 10, 2019
If there were 100 girls, how many boys were in the family.

At the end of the day, it's the politicians that gain from these skewed inequality and inequity. Imagine getting this family (and others like it) to vote for you during the elections

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by nurex01(m): 11:23am On Nov 10, 2019
Okay
Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by JayPeeOham: 11:24am On Nov 10, 2019
"Mohammed who emphasised the importance of educating not only the girl-child but young people in the society, added that such a move would curb crimes and social vices in the society"

...Madam education no dey curb anything instead e dey make criminals more intelligent!!!....

Top notch crimes all over the world are not masterminded by illiterates!!!

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Autotech312(m): 11:25am On Nov 10, 2019
Danwakae:

Can you please quote the verse/chapter where 12 is written in the Quran. Hatred will not kill many of you.

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Charleys: 11:25am On Nov 10, 2019
Danwakae:

Google it man, use "age of consent" states were allowed to choose their age of consent. But Nigeria's official age of consent is 11.

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Vulcanheph(m): 11:28am On Nov 10, 2019
100 girls in one family.....even if na Poultry farm?

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by ilevic(m): 11:29am On Nov 10, 2019
mindful01:
But Ngozi nd Jumoke are already disvirgin in their parents room

But they didn't end up as Boko Haram wives. You are only trying exonorate the Northern leaders of paedophilia

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Charleys: 11:30am On Nov 10, 2019
amazon14:

You will be ban again if you will not reason with your head.

So it's a law in the north not to send their girl child to school?

Go north go comot person daughter for house tell am say you want send am go school na,
Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Wanity(m): 11:31am On Nov 10, 2019
Charleys:

Sweet sixteen... Nothing wrong there.

Modified: before you guys crucify me, the age of consent in the North is 12.

It's in the law so mods don't ban me, I don tire for Bans.

Haha haha you funny die
Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Chapter1vs6(m): 11:32am On Nov 10, 2019
Danwakae:

it's actually 9

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Passionate888: 11:34am On Nov 10, 2019
Danwakae:

they also practice sharia law which is derived from the quran

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Charleys: 11:35am On Nov 10, 2019
adeniyi65:

Pls something is not clear here.is the northern law diferent from the rest?

The age of consent in Nigeria is 11 Google it
Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Tulsaguy: 11:37am On Nov 10, 2019
Things to note:

1. Married @ 16.... No be today... the north is crude and unrefined...

2. 100 Girls... U can imagine, a family produce 100 female children, what are the numbers of the male? Reasons why you have under age voters and why the north keep using numerical to push the South further down.

3. Boko-Haram spirit is ingrained in their spirits.. they don't believe in education which brings illumination and minds liberation. Keep them in perpetual darkness and you can ask them to go kill themselves, they won't question you. You can steal and give them crumbs every day and they will tell u rankadede

4. Girl child success is anti Islam I think. They don't believe in education for girl child

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Charleys: 11:44am On Nov 10, 2019
Vulcanheph:
100 girls in one family.....even if na Poultry farm?

LoL even 100 poultry sef no easy not to talk of 100 mouths to feed.

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Ayotemide(f): 11:45am On Nov 10, 2019
mindful01:

The 'disvirginer' of Jumoke and Ngozi; Pele oh, Káàbo.

This thing you do drawing up useless comparisons for the negative indices of northern Nigeria cannot help you.

Leave Ngozi and Jumoke to sleep with whom they will, they would most likely see through tertiary institutions by parents that know it is a priority; better still when they marry, they would not continue a cycle of illiteracy and neglect.

Your Aisha and Hadiza however would be married at 12, have VVF at 14 and would be a entity without economic viability to anyone.

I don't envy them.

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by magaji700(m): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2019
KEVIND:
Kano Population: 18million
Number of Industries: 58
Number of Mosques: 435,389.
Number of Churches 674.
Number of Parentless wandering under-aged kids: 3.67million.
Number of Divorcee Women (including under 14): 857,443
Number of jobless youth: 3.8m.

- Kano State Bureau of Statistics (KSBS)
What about stats for Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra,...etc?

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 10, 2019
Education in the core muslim-dominated north is Arabic education.

That is why it is easy for Islamic sponsored terrorism to flourish there.

The people see Book Haram as heroes who are about to husher in a Utopian Islamic state for them.

The first lady is lucky though.

Out of a hundred girls!!! shocked

That man should be flogged

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by grandstar(m): 12:09pm On Nov 10, 2019
KEVIND:
Number of Churches 674.

This is obviously cooked up
Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Petdagr8t(m): 12:13pm On Nov 10, 2019
100 girls in one family, Chineke have mercy..Northern Nigeria I hail thee..a place where one family is able to raise a community

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by vineyardfarms: 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
THIS WAS THE ILL FORMER PRESIDENT GEJ WANTED CORRECT WHEN HE ESTABLISH NORMADIC ( ALMAJIRI) SCHOOLS WHICH DOES NOT GO DOWN WELL WITH THE NORTHERN ELITES WHO RATHER WOULD ENSLAVING THEM. THEY PREFER TO BUILD MOSQUE, PAY FOR HAJJ,? CONDUCT MASS CHILD UNDER AGE WEEDING!, EMPOWERMENT WITH FARM TOOLS - HOES, MATCHETE ETC. WHILE THE ELITES SEND THEIR WARDS TO SCHOOL ABROARD. I THANK GOD FOR YOUR HUSBAND'S SUPPORT. MADAM, YOU HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT, HOW MANY GIRLS CHILD HAVE YOU SUPPORTED? THIS WAS THE ILL FORMER PRESIDENT GEJ WANTED CORRECT WHEN HE ESTABLISH NORMADIC ( ALMAJIRI) SCHOOLS WHICH DOES NOT GO DOWN WELL WITH THE NORTHERN ELITES WHO RATHER WOULD ENSLAVING THEM. THEY PREFER TO BUILD MOSQUE, PAY FOR HAJJ,? CONDUCT MASS CHILD UNDER AGE WEEDING!, EMPOWERMENT WITH FARM TOOLS - HOES, MATCHETE ETC. WHILE THE ELITES SEND THEIR WARDS TO SCHOOL ABROARD. I THANK GOD FOR YOUR HUSBAND'S SUPPORT. MADAM, YOU HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT, HOW MANY GIRLS CHILD HAVE YOU SUPPORTED? THIS WAS THE ILL FORMER PRESIDENT GEJ WANTED CORRECT WHEN HE ESTABLISH NORMADIC ( ALMAJIRI) SCHOOLS WHICH DOES NOT GO DOWN WELL WITH THE NORTHERN ELITES WHO RATHER WOULD ENSLAVING THEM. THEY PREFER TO BUILD MOSQUE, PAY FOR HAJJ,? CONDUCT MASS CHILD UNDER AGE WEEDING!, EMPOWERMENT WITH FARM TOOLS - HOES, MATCHETE ETC. WHILE THE ELITES SEND THEIR WARDS TO SCHOOL ABROARD. I THANK GOD FOR YOUR HUSBAND'S SUPPORT. MADAM, YOU HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT, HOW MANY GIRLS CHILD HAVE YOU SUPPORTED?

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Edyice: 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
We were 100 girls in my family, but none of us had a formal education; I had never been to primary school in my parent’s house.

Northerners are giving birth like rabbits grin

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by waliyulah25(m): 12:28pm On Nov 10, 2019
mindful01:
yes now. That is true civilisation and freedom according to the dead brains.

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Makaveli1166(m): 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
KEVIND:
Number of Churches 674.

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by Judybash93(m): 12:45pm On Nov 10, 2019
Danwakae:

Oh damn.. It's in the Qur'an? Damn
Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by meccuno: 12:47pm On Nov 10, 2019
at least she confessed. unlike one "Stark Iliterate" that has refused to admit that he is one. grin grin

Re: Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife by thundafire: 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2019
Part of dey indices of UNICEF Nigeria 2nd position to child marriage look at dis one now

Senate Orders Osinbajo To Remove Magu, Suspends Appointment Confirmation / NBC Jams Radio Biafra In Lagos / President Buhari Meets With Portuguese President Marcelo (Photos)