Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,352 members, 7,836,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act (805 Views)

Crocodile Discovered At Niger State Presidential Lodge - Thetrent / 2011 Presidential Elections: Results From Up North- CPC calling the shots so far / An Imperative . . . .calling The Children Of O'dua. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by dvd(f): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2010
Now this is the supposed lodge for me and some corpers serving in Niger, Guni, Munya L.G.A, this is terrible. how can we be treated like this?? after 4 years of schooling.

Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by dvd(f): 8:11pm On Nov 16, 2010
More pics
Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by homerac7: 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2010
My dear,

If I should tell u sorry, I may b denying some of d realities of NYSC. Rather, I say b courageous in all odds as more surprises still await u.

On ur accommodation, d best person to talk to is ir ZI. U will hav to lobby it smart and matured wt him/her to win over favour. It will b left for d ZI to either repost u or negotiate on ur behalf wt ur host to improve on d place. But never expect too much from them.

Wish u a sweet rough experience.
Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by wesley80(m): 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2010
My friend go and serve your country and stop complaining. So after 4 years wetin you dey expect before? Someone to serve you kunu in the morning and massage your tummy when it aches from overfeeding? Did you not pledge to serve Nigeria with 'all your strength'? its time to prove it. LOL
Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by deor03(m): 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2010
Pls don't stay there. I won't allow my dog to stay there !

If you have some money rent an apartment otherwise go back home.
Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by homerac7: 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2010
@ deor03

It's not correct to just say dt to her. If u r aware of d intricacies of NYSC, u would knw dt d community may hav offered her d most beautiful mansion there. Now should she insult their goodness wt s insensitivity of walking out on them and throwing their widow's mite in their face? I knw many people who lived under such and probably worse conditions during service. I rather encourage her to talk wt d ZI on if there can b improvement on dt. Packing just bag and comin home is for d defeated. It's only one year and never again. No one said roses r wtout thorns. D hardness makes d adventure more interesting to relate in later years.
Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by deor03(m): 8:13am On Nov 17, 2010
@homerac7

I love your view and patriotism, but unfortunately reality is far from that.  I wholly support the idea of the NYSC but disagree with the implementation as it were today.

If a community wants some people to come serve them for a year, they should provide the BASIC amenities for human beings.

FYI I served in the north almost a decade ago[i]{ and i stayed and served for the whole year}[/i] and you can imagine how this person will cope when the heat wave starts or when the harmattan season kicks in.  Are you saying the LGA chairman lives in a house like this ?

To me, you have to be alive, in order to be patriotic.

This corper's  Lodge is a NO NO
Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by homerac7: 10:35am On Nov 17, 2010
Deor03,

Thanks for ur kind words. I also served in d arid northeast and I know d inconvenience of d extreme weather there. In fact she won't b able to again in dt room for any of d seasons. D heatwaves of daytime sun will roast anyone under a corrugated roofing sheet. D cold at night will freeze or definitely send d occupant to. d hospital. During d rainy season, sandstorms will create havocs for d fella.

I never encouraged her to live in it as it is, I rather told her to complain to d necessary authorities for reposting or upgrade of d house. I know on first hand basis where coppers had no option but to accept equally bad or worse accommodations because looking round d villages, u realize dt d jauro- community head house isn't even better. Then they realized that the community only provided d best they had in all sincerity. Some wanted to leave but seeing d needs of d near hopeless children, they had to stay for conscience. Not just for government, but d near-hopeless people.

Then also, as challenge to character, I wouldn't advice her to pack up and come home south as long as her security isn't threatened. She should start to learn to survive in d fronts of challenges wtout considering retreat as option.

Finally, I encourage her to talk to her ZI.
Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by tpia5: 11:02am On Nov 17, 2010
what does the village itself look like.
Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by homerac7: 11:27am On Nov 17, 2010
@ tpia,

D poster will b able to answer d question better. But one shouldn't expect much from them anyway because they truly don't hav. Remember d initial place I Ws posted to during my service, d local govt primary school shares boundary wt d headquarter. In fact, d chairman's windows look directly into d unfenced school. Whereas condition is so bad in d school dt it possesses only two blocks. One is old dilapidated concrete house while d newer is entirely built wt a corrugated roofing sheets wt pupils sitting on rocks placed on d floor! Dr were only three permanent teachers including d principal, others were coppers. I later learnt dt d 'penn' Ws actually donated by d local govt and yet over 20m allocation is shared there monthly wtout being able to build a descent block of classroom. D local govt had no medical doctor except only one copper dt services d whole local govt and adjourning villages. D coppers would complain less if their houses were half as descent as d one above. D politicians no send even d local children talk less of u. Na d poor villagers dey just try console and encourage d coppers.

My dear, d matter woh-woh.
Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by tpia5: 11:33am On Nov 17, 2010
But one shouldn't expect much from them anyway because they truly don't hav

i agree.

i think the poster can try to scrounge up some paint if possible, and do the walls. Find lino for the floor.

if it cant be done, then she could try to change her place of assignment i guess.

living large while the rest of the community is desperately poor might breed a lot of resentment towards the corpers though i'm not necessarily excusing the conditions.
Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by superboi(m): 11:43am On Nov 17, 2010
under the sun and in the rain grin
Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by abes(m): 2:37pm On Nov 17, 2010
with dedication and selflessness grin grin
Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by dvd(f): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2010
More pics.

Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by dvd(f): 9:47am On Nov 22, 2010
Thats where they want me to live and worse of all, the village doesnt have electricity. Poor network coverage, very very far, with no road leading there, what of raining season, hmm this is bad.

Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by homerac7: 10:17am On Nov 22, 2010
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

GO SEE UR ZI SHARP SHARP AND TELL AM SAY U NO GO STAY! NOTHING MORE, NOTHIN LESS

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Corper's Lodge: Calling The Attention Of His Excellency To Act by tpia5: 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2010
ask for a change of assignment.

(1) (Reply)

Daniel Dares Tinubu ! / I Powerful Reason For Me To Vote Mr. President / Why Gej Became The Vp The Jonathan Conspiracy Theory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.