Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,382 members, 7,861,052 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:23 PM

An Overly Controlling Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An Overly Controlling Man (1176 Views)

Will A Girl Get Overly Attached To The Guy That Deflowered Her? / Curvy Women Overly Rated? / Am I Being Overly-jealous? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Overly Controlling Man by Godmother(f): 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2010
How do you deal with a man who wants everything to go his way. He tells you how to make-up and what to do. If he's bothered he doesnt think it's right to tell you what's bothering him;you have to ask. Which means you have to be forever sensitive to his moods. Is this not bondage?

He sees it as a sign of weakness to show emotions and when you do, you are being fantasy-inclined.
Re: An Overly Controlling Man by kokoye(m): 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2010
It is bondage . . is this a boyfriend or a husband?

If a boyfriend, then it is up to you on what you wanna do.

If a husband, why are you just now complaining . . did you not notice all along?

I recommemd MFM or Synagogue.
Re: An Overly Controlling Man by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2010
Godmother:

How do you deal with a man who wants everything to go his way. He tells you how to make-up and what to do. If he's bothered he doesnt think it's right to tell you what's bothering him;you have to ask. Which means you have to be forever sensitive to his moods. Is this not bondage?

He sees it as a sign of weakness to show emotions and when you do, you are being fantasy-inclined.
I will drop him like he's hot. No second thought I'll knock him out.

Life's too stressfull for all that whala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Overly Controlling Man by Godmother(f): 5:20pm On Nov 17, 2010
He's just a boyfriend
Re: An Overly Controlling Man by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 17, 2010
Thats the point he's just a bf not a husband so leaving him will be pretty easy.
Re: An Overly Controlling Man by 190: 5:30pm On Nov 17, 2010
God mother is in trouble AGAIN!! shocked shocked
Re: An Overly Controlling Man by MsPotato(f): 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2010
I use to have this so called bst frind (my foot anyways angry ) and we were very very close. Like we do verything and anything together and I literally treated him as my brother not untill one day I made friends with other guys (just friends) and he was like You are not allowed to talk to other guys besides me. . . And I was like WHOT? angry undecided

And I noticed that as the time goes by, he seems to eb a control freak when I talk to other guys so I stayed far away from him and thats what got him all hyped up and even more angry. . .

Anyways, all in all, I found out that he has feelings for me but unfortunately, I have no feeling for him (cause I seriously treats him as a brother) and I had to tell him that Im sorry, I only do dark chocolate men embarassed lipsrsealed No offense to anyone. . . embarassed lipsrsealed

All in all, I move to another state and since than we dont talk anymore.
Re: An Overly Controlling Man by kokoye(m): 5:41pm On Nov 17, 2010
Godmother:

He's just a boyfriend

OK. Lucky you.

So if that's the kinda man you want and can live with it, then go for it.

Otherwise . . . wink
Re: An Overly Controlling Man by CyberG: 5:52pm On Nov 17, 2010
Funny. . .there are some ladies who have, so far, posted on this thread that just gotta make a man laugh! grin grin grin For goodness sake, some are trying so hard just to get a man or stay in a relationship and they know it: most men will only stay with them to get sex (if it is good, BTW) and with their faces covered, and that is it! Why on earth will any man wanna control such a person? Next, what you hear from then is bragging about dropping him like he's hot. . . tongue tongue tongue ROFLMAO!! Some people are just ridiculous. . .hahahahaha
Re: An Overly Controlling Man by iice(f): 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2010
Leave him.
Eventually you lose yourself and become an extension of him.
Some controlling people tend to be abusers.  If you misstep, he will blame you for driving him to punch you or shred you emotionally and mentally. And you would readily agree because you sense of self worth is dictated by him. Some control is good but like everything else, too much of something is a bad thing.

Though i don't see why people have to tell you everything that's bothering them.  Somethings have to be worked out personally before sharing.  As for sharing emotions, it's not easy or acceptable for everyone.  Sometimes, over time some people see that it's easier to share emotions and other times they still remain so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Overly Controlling Man by Dyt(f): 6:00pm On Nov 17, 2010
Cyber g so cos we want a rel now means we shld b in bondage?
Godmoda jst try n talk it out wit him n if he doesnt change u move on
v once bn in dere
Re: An Overly Controlling Man by MrCork26: 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2010
how can u leave? who will cook for me? undecided
Re: An Overly Controlling Man by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2010
CyberG:

hear from then is bragging about dropping him like he's hot. . . tongue tongue tongue ROFLMAO!! Some people are just ridiculous. . .hahahahaha
LOL I said that you could have just said my name. Why be indirect?
Re: An Overly Controlling Man by kay177(m): 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2010
There is nothing wrong with a man controlling his wife and exercising his authority on her woman, but it should be done with love not for the man to be too bossy,
Re: An Overly Controlling Man by CyberG: 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2010
^^^ Xerxes refused to take the bait! LOL. Okay, no offeinse o, truss me! Just gotta make some trouble sometimes. . . grin grin grin

@ Dyt. . .no, not really. But we've only heard one side of the story. But I think you gave good advice sha. . .some people will just dismiss the person in question as thought they know ALL the details. But how come you totally massacred my innocent name CyberG? <== This is how it was created, please take note. tongue tongue

@Godmother, your trouble is becoming too much on NL, must you post every minute? People like you are the ones sucking up all the bandwidth on this internet using NL and Facebook angry angry angry. Please when are you going on vacation?
Re: An Overly Controlling Man by vivaladiva(f): 6:58pm On Nov 17, 2010
nothing wrong in a man controlling and exercising his authority over his wife, wat r u dude----pehistoric man living in 2010-----pls where is this time machine- so i can send u back to history where u belong

habaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Overly Controlling Man by vivaladiva(f): 7:14pm On Nov 17, 2010
sry i 4got to ask, wat era wld u like to return to, stone or bronze age

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Overly Controlling Man by Dsense(m): 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2010
OP.
Nothing is wrong with that. . . . .It's just a matter of caring nd pampering. . . . . Let the pace on sweetie!
Re: An Overly Controlling Man by SALady(f): 8:15am On Nov 18, 2010
@OP Talk to the man first, and if he persists drop him and no warning this time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Overly Controlling Man by freecocoa(f): 10:37am On Nov 18, 2010
When he tells me and i pretend not to hear,na him go tire sef(am very stubborn)a man can't boss me around o but if he feels like he's too much,dump him like a used tissue paper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Overly Controlling Man by ShyOne(f): 3:36am On Nov 19, 2010
CyberG:

^^^ Xerxes refused to take the bait! LOL. Okay, no offeinse o, truss me! Just gotta make some trouble sometimes. . . grin grin grin

@Godmother, your trouble is becoming too much on NL, must you post every minute? People like you are the ones sucking up all the bandwidth on this internet using NL and Facebook angry angry angry. Please when are you going on vacation?

hahahahahahah - you did NOT say this to her.  You are funny - I had to laugh and laugh and laugh at you.  you are just too bold.

you probably say the same about me as I am very long winded sometimes when I feel strongly about my topic.

@ Poster - I feel understand what you are saying as well.  My guy is controlling - I deeply sense that his "controlling behavior" is much deeper than he has revealed - when I get to Lagos - I feel strongly that I will get a clearer picture of this side of him as well and I am preparing myself to try to understand it a bit. So that I am not too surprised and caught off guard.
Re: An Overly Controlling Man by Tinksh(f): 3:44am On Nov 19, 2010
I was married to a controlling, obsessed man and the best thing i ever did, no matter how my heart broke, was to leave. I was a shadow of myself. I had changed so much to suit him and what he wanted that no one recognised me. Even i didnt know who i was at first when i left cos if i wasnt his wife then who was i. I couldnt make a simple decision on my own cos he always did that. Let me tell you i am now one of the stongest women i know. I have never looked back. I cant even imagine how much worse it would be if i had remained, and he was my husband and i didnt believe in divorce so you can imagine how hard it was. This guy is your bf so move on fast. He will only get worse if you marry him. Please learn from others mistakes. My ex husband still to this day, eight years later tries to control my life but even though he upsets me and gets on my nerves he cant and he knows it. He recently acted to take me to family law court cos i refused to speak to him, unbelievable. I have to have some contact cos we have a child but trust me get out now before your stuck with him forever. Unless of course you want to be a puppet or a controlled shadow, up to you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Overly Controlling Man by johnterry1: 5:33pm On Nov 20, 2010
Now let johnterry deal wit d issue of 'dumping him' first.i would like u 2 knw dat a woman cant dump a man.do u dump someone who has slept wit u?someone who is probably tired of u and is lookng 4 a way to discard u.do u knw dat guys gets tired of a woman after sleeping with her,so y talk of dumpng a man.pathetic!
@topic,
what exactly do u mean by he is controllng u?its a pity dat people are on ur side even though u havent given them d details.a female friend of mine me dat her bf controls her.i asked her why she said so and she said cos he doesnt allow her go to night parties with her friend(d guy wont b there o).sometimes she doesnt feel like cookng rather she prefers to spend as much as 3 000 of some fast food junk.d truth is some girls find d transformatn from girlfriend to wife material so difficult.

(1) (Reply)

Family Planning Before The Relationship / She Will Never Go Out With Me In The Evening. . / Matured Singles!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.