Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India (3811 Views)

Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat / Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. / South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by angel101(f): 3:47pm On May 25, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

speculation, presidents are under immunity and when they travel the use diplomatic passport, which gives them privilege to lots of things.

And ur point is?
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by Mamajama(m): 3:51pm On May 25, 2007
My point is you can not search a presidential jet, go and ask any immigration officials or custom officials. that is one of the privileged they enjoy
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by angel101(f): 4:14pm On May 25, 2007
what then is the inside story?
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by Mamajama(m): 4:22pm On May 25, 2007
The inside story is you and I was the AMEBO that snitch on this dude, grin grin
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by free2ryhme: 12:26am On May 26, 2007
what has happened to diplomatic immunity
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by free2ryhme: 12:45am On May 26, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

My point is you can not search a presidential jet, go and ask any immigration officials or custom officials. that is one of the privileged they enjoy
Thus that mean he shld violate diplomatic immunity ? by trying to smuggle away hug sums of money
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by Mamajama(m): 10:32am On May 26, 2007
NO, my point is its an inside job
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by angel101(f): 5:52pm On May 26, 2007
@mamajama
u are now officially a suspect grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by redsun(m): 7:20pm On May 27, 2007
The question should be,where on earth did he get that money from as a goverment official?This so called goverment is just joking with you and i destiny,i wonder how long we will keep accepting things the way it is,left to me,they all deserve to be shot.We need a new system with diffrent mentality and approach,some times i watch them on BEN TV in senate and their socalled house of assembly and just looking at their yam heads,you can visible see they have no plan for the country.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by docokwy(m): 9:14pm On May 27, 2007
This YORUBA thief has again disgraced Nigeria, like they always do, including those here in London
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by angel101(f): 9:33pm On May 27, 2007
lol!!!
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by egoldman(m): 1:11am On May 28, 2007
docokwy:

This YORUBA thief has again disgraced Nigeria, like they always do, including those here in London

I know u are an igbo and so am i , but i think the above post from you is rather stupid, we have criminals from any tribe in Nigeria .
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by Pain(m): 4:50am On May 28, 2007
India apologises over arrest of Nigerian Military Attache

By Kingsley Omonobi
Posted to the Web: Monday, May 28, 2007

ABUJA—Indications emerged in Abuja weekend that the Indian government has apologised to Nigeria over the arrest last week, of Navy Captain G. A. Ojedokun, the Nigerian Military Attache to the Nigerian High Commission in that country.

The apology according to sources, was verbally diclosed to the Nigerian High Commissioner in India by the Indian authorities following investigations which cleared the naval officer of any ulterior motive when the money was found on him.

The source noted that though the apology has been communicated Nigerian Authorities here at home, an official letter to that effect is expected to be recieved before the end of this week from the Indian authorities.

Recall that Military authorities had on Wednesday, last week, clarified that the $2. 27 million found in possession of the Nigerian Military attachéé in India, for which he was arrested by the Indian security agencies, was money duly approved by the Ministry of Defence for certain projects earmarked for the Nigerian High Commission in that country.

A senior officer who spoke to Vanguard under condition of anonymity had disclosed that the money was part of an approval released for the project after the sanction of the Defence Ministry pointing out that the project was initially meant to be undertaken by the former Defence Adviser, also a Navy Captain, who is currently attending the National Institute for Policy and strategic Studies.

“Following the appointment of the new Defence Adviser, the cost of the project was reviewed downwards,” the officer said adding that “from our discussions with the DA and investigations, we discovered that the officer was trying to return the money which is the balance of the original sum that was approved to the country.”
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by Nobody: 5:00am On May 28, 2007
Recall that Military authorities had on Wednesday, last week, clarified that the $2. 27 million found in possession of the Nigerian Military attachéé in India, for which he was arrested by the Indian security agencies, was money duly approved by the Ministry of Defence for certain projects earmarked for the Nigerian High Commission in that country.

Wow these guys keep playing with our intelligence, so money approved for a project about $2.27 million is carried in CASH by 1 man. Let's get serious!
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by redsun(m): 7:04am On May 28, 2007
In this age of telegraphic money transfer,a goverment official is carrying such amount of money in cash without any form of official declaration ,even if it was to be used to save obasanjo's life.What a gimmick.Africa is backward today because we have bunch of criminals as leader,they don't know for one what it takes to be a leader,they just think it is all about grabbing the socalled national cake,a vicious circle of road to nowhere.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by Mamajama(m): 12:56pm On May 28, 2007
They are carrying the money ion cash for protection grin grin grin. With that method we can be sure the money is in safe hands, lol

You got to love Nigerians, if we can make products in abakaliki how come we cant transport money with juju protection,, invisible man, lol
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by choco4life(m): 7:28pm On May 29, 2007
Another show of shame for NIGERIANS.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by seun001(m): 7:46pm On May 30, 2007
so this is the best story they can come up with.am thinking they should employ someone with more creativity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Matthew Mbu On Tribalism, Awo And The North- A Must Read Interview / Self Determination In Africa - What Makes European Countries So Special? >:( / Under Aminu Tambuwal Watch How Many Bills Have Been Passed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.