Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) (30578 Views)

Hon. Enetimi Government Picks Delta Assembly Nomination Form (Photos) / Governor Obiano: There Are Evil Spirits In Anambra Government House / Anambra Government Purchases 60 Innoson New SUV For Security (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by Apeshy102: 12:04am On Nov 14, 2019
Anambra State Commissioner for Women and Children Affairs, Lady Ndidi Mezue, on Wednesday, 13th, November 2019, at different locations in Awka capital territory, rounded up school age children hawking goods during school hours, while their mates were in school acquiring education.

The children numbering about eighteen, of different age brackets, who were all from neighboring states but live with their parents here in Anambra, were picked up at Unizik temp site junction, Eke Awka and Arthur Eze street, while hawking goods such as sarchet water, bunes and other items.

Few of the children were rescued from adults who were using them to seek for alms at various locations in Awka.

The children were united with their parents by the Honorable commissioner, with a warning to turn a new leave, while others got promise to be assisted back to school to continue with their education.

https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2019/11/13/anambra-govt-picks-up-children-hawking-during-school-hours-photos/

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by gloriaunobi(f): 12:11am On Nov 14, 2019
These ones are doing business and yet, government still say no that they must go to school, then let think of Almajiri.

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by OMANBALA1: 1:05am On Nov 14, 2019
By the way, reports have it that none of the hawkers were from Anambra. They were all from neighboring states.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by donstan18: 1:23am On Nov 14, 2019
All for gram, not to render help to them.

16 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by OruExpress: 2:06am On Nov 14, 2019
The hatred Nigerians have for the poor is unfathomable. All Nigerians insults are about how someone is poor and all activities the poor undertake are crimes.

Why are these kids being held as if they're being arrested? Or do you think they're the ones that sent themselves to this task? Low IQ society.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by freeze001(f): 2:23am On Nov 14, 2019
The last picture is a complete aberration and should not have been taken, least of all released to the public. If the state government is supposedly trying to take these children off the streets, which is commendable, why were they then required to take pictures with the very items that represent the ills of their conditions and with the Commissioner standing right there? These are children whose identities should be protected yet the same government has released such an uncomplimentary picture, to what end? Someone obviously asked them to carry those bowls and stand with the commissioner, it is not a random picture and that is the worst form of insensitivity!

Governance/leadership in this country leaves a lot to be desired. The better picture should have been to show these children enrolled in schools and dressed in clean uniforms within a learning environment not this! Their families should also be evaluated and provided with sustainable livelihood skills and some capital or equipment to keep the kids off the streets.

141 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by hisgrace090: 3:13am On Nov 14, 2019
Good move!

Their guardian must be hold responsible for a positive change.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by helinues: 5:53am On Nov 14, 2019
Photo services, Eye Services

As if she is going to provide jobs for their parents

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by AkwalaIke1: 6:03am On Nov 14, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Photo services, Eye Services

As if she is going to provide jobs for their parents
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by partnerbizn5(m): 6:47am On Nov 14, 2019
I always feel bad each time I sight them. I see the peanuts they make despite the stress and hardship they go through daily in traffic.

Well, I have the habit of leaving small change for them each time. The smile on their faces on each occasion in invaluable.

NOW, the truth is that we will always have the poor among us.( Note that this term poor is relative --except you are using UNO or other organisations' standards.)

Even in New York, people still hawk in traffic.

The difference is that they aren't school kids.
And the poor also benefit from basic amenities like good education, roads, health care etc.

UNLIKE in nagelia.

It's well.

ASIDE:

Malcom Gladwell in "OUTLIERS" asserts that nobody makes it alone. That most successes like that of Tiger woods, Bill Gates etc are owed to cumulative advantages early in life.

Making it in life is dependent on several factors ranging from family level, talent, LUCK etc.
Part of the above factors gives a person a cumulative advantage. This is also called "The mathew effect in sociology, -- gotten from the bible.

Serena Williams and sister Venus owe their success to this factor. I won't dwell much on this because of time.

There is some level of luck. Yes. Some call this luck, kismet, serendipity, accident or God factor.

Geoff Colvin agrees when he wrote his book "Talent is overrated"

My point is that it's unhealthy to compare yourself with others, because your realities and background are different. Nobody makes it alone.

Enjoy and appreciate your level now, while you work for more.

Don't look down on others except you fancy their shoes. Some of the things we brag about, we never merited or worked for them.

The drivers, conductors, pepper sellers etc all deserve respect.

It could have been any of us. But nature was kinder to some of us.

Cheers!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 14, 2019
The number is too small....to what is really obtainable
The state government need to round them all up..

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by MrStan11(m): 8:16am On Nov 14, 2019
Take them to their houses and charge their parents to court.

How children are treated determines the nature of the society. I trust western world with such matters.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by i08033463477: 8:31am On Nov 14, 2019
These are mostly ebonyi state people that migrated to Anambra for greener pasture. Anago0147 who is equally an abakaleke miscreant can confirm this

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by freeze001(f): 8:55am On Nov 14, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Just shut it.

The commissioner is in order

Your very low IQ and limited power of reasoning has long been established on this forum, there will be no need to engage you as my comment is far above your comprehension capacity.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by princemillla(m): 9:13am On Nov 14, 2019
This is very necessary. Some of them will grow to disturb the peace of the state by the time the little cash they are making is no longer sufficient for them again.
Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 14, 2019
shocked

I personally saw the kid wearing purple yesterday at Eke Awka but the way those officers were dragging this boy, you'd think he was a thief.

14 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by Sijo01(f): 10:42am On Nov 14, 2019
Look at the shepopotemus stricking a pose with the innocent children.

what does she stand to gain? Why not help them get back to school instead of displaying their pictures for the world to see.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by Myself2(m): 10:43am On Nov 14, 2019
freeze001:
The last picture is a complete aberration and should not have been taken, least of all released to the public. If the state government is supposedly trying to take these children off the streets, which is commendable, why were they then required to take pictures with the very items that represent the ills of their conditions and with the Commissioner standing right there? These are children whose identities should be protected yet the same government has released such an uncomplimentary picture, to what end? Someone obviously asked them to carry those bowls and stand with the commissioner, it is not a random picture and that is the worst form of insensitivity!

Governance/leadership in this country leaves a lot to be desired. The better picture should have been to show these children enrolled in schools and dressed in clean uniforms within a learning environment not this! Their families should also be evaluated and provided with sustainable livelihood skills and some capital or equipment to keep the kids off the streets.

You just echoed my sentiments, totally disgusting and unnecessary
This is just as if the idiotic woman and the other adults there just wanted to shame and traumatize the children.
Foolish woman, witch
I spit on you and every other useless official of Anambra state govt that committed this evil against these children

11 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by mcmbonu: 10:44am On Nov 14, 2019
If you can't send a Child to School, while giving birth to him/her.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by tunde233(m): 10:44am On Nov 14, 2019
Nice development. Let every child be educated....

1 Like

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 14, 2019
freeze001:

I no sabi why your kind people no dey make am into government. I admire your ideology.

I think it is because there is a certain mentality required of you before you make it into government and you have to strip yourself of this humane cloak and wear a selfish, careless and thugish one before you can make an entry.

Good post

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by Jabioro: 10:45am On Nov 14, 2019
No meaningful program for them .Why not take them to government school on government bill within reach of the government care..I e S.O.S.then you can achieved meaningful future..but this one na wash...
Re: Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) by Badonasty(m): 10:46am On Nov 14, 2019
Ebonyi people Hawking all over the world

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Take Over Cross River Assembly / Dangote Turns Down PDP Offer To Run For President In 2019 / Tinubu's Backing Of Hilda Baci's Shows His Vision For Nigeria - Omo-Ikirodah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.