Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

How Did You Become An Atheist - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did You Become An Atheist (8470 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 30, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

i'm tripping for MsDarkSkinz >>> not in the 'normal' way >>> i like her mental outlook

um. . .thanks? undecided lol

KunleOshob:

@MzDarkskin
Brilliant submission, absolutely spot on. I agree with you 110%.

THANK YOU!!! cheesy

mrmayor:

@MsDarkskin,

Any black person who does not believe in African Gods like Sango, Amadioha, Shimingi must really swimming in an ocean of SELF HATE.

In a way that is true however the concept is BELIEVING, believing is part of who we are period, not so much the name.
You are trying to be funny but I am serious.

apocalypse:

@MzDarkskin
That is just total hogwash , look who's jumping on the western bandwagon. It is you I pity cos you take everything hook , line & sinker without even logic

If that is how you feel. . .your prob.

@Idehn
honestly all I am saying is God is real and black people who are strong enough to realise that know our position/place as man. We may not know the meaning of life or why things happen the way they do but we do know we are here to do his work. We are resilient, soulful and full of inner thought; that is not man made. Our ability to connect from the inside and out is the work of something divine. nuff said.

@trooper WTF?

@INKED i dont even know where you stand so i dont know what to say. . .
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by oyinda3(f): 5:26am On Dec 08, 2010
nferyn:

Been busy (haven't we all ;-))
Thanks for the re-welcome. Everything's fine in our family. We didn't have twins before, but now we do. Our house is becoming too small with all the children

NFERYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

hahaha I was just looking through the profiles of old members that I miss dearly and noticed that you actually have a recent post!!! welcome back!!!!!! you bet i'm very happy to see ur posts again!!
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by dayokanu(m): 5:41am On Dec 08, 2010
Oyindaa, I have been stalking you o.

Where would you post next?
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by Ladyrsky46: 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2010
Duke-chimi:

Guys, dis is wat an atheiest said 2 me.
"THANK GOD I'M AN ATHEIST". i felt pity 4 him
shocked shocked :oHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by shithapuns: 6:01am On Dec 09, 2010
this thread shud be renamed

HOW I BECAME A FOOL!!!

i wonder with all u see all around u.u still doubt the existence of a supreme being?
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by snazzydawn(f): 9:46am On Dec 10, 2010
Wow,nferyn, it's been a while! Good to see you posting again.
Now I hope other old nairalanders come out of hibernation.
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by matty4eva: 11:16pm On Dec 13, 2010
If people dont like the fact that we originated from monkeys are people more happy that we originated from incest. And if god did exist explain the appendix. In all his "might" and "glory" he created a structure in the body that does absolutely nothing but has the propensity to kill us. Hmm maybey there is fault in his "grand" design
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by lukkie(m): 12:58am On Jan 13, 2011
a
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by manmustwac(m): 10:57am On Jan 13, 2011
lukkie:

Religion blinds you from the reality around
I agree with you 100% on this point its hat i keep telling people here.
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by mudley: 11:09am On Jan 13, 2011
k
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by ijebuman(m): 10:06pm On Jan 14, 2011
nferyn:

Thanks for the re-welcome. Everything's fine in our family. We didn't have twins before, but now we do. Our house is becoming too small with all the children

Wow no wonder you've been AWOL  wink (irony) , I'm in your neck of the woods, drop me a line sometime.
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by Krayola(m): 1:30am On Jan 15, 2011
shithapuns:

HOW I BECAME A FOOL!!!

i wonder with all u see all around u.u still doubt the existence of a supreme being?

what if they just doubt the existence of a supreme being that gives a damn about most of the people on earth, since most of what they see around them suggests that if such a supreme being exists, he doesn't give a damn. . . . Would they still be fools?
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 15, 2011
Atheist here!
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2011
shithapuns:

HOW I BECAME A FOOL!!!

Clearly, your stupidity has no limit. It sorta extends to infinity. But of cos, you already knew that wink grin
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by Alcofrybas(m): 5:17am On Feb 05, 2011
Quote from the poster

when did you become an atheist?. please share your story of how you became an
atheist ?

I wasn't raised in a religious environment. Besides, it's impossible for me to reconcile the notion of protecting, powerful, wise, merciful and fair gods with all the calamities, disgraces, injustices and atrocities that I see, hear and read about everyday.

what prompted you to make that decision

Religious fanaticism, and all sorts of nonsensical calumnies uttered against us.

do you come from a family of atheists - (no insults meant here)

Some of them.

which religion do  you particular find repugnant?

None. Zealots are repulsive to me.

which religion do you find - nearly acceptable if you wanted to be religious -

None. Zealots are repulsive to me.

what are you views on :

death

Well, we all die. Stating the obvious indeed!.

pre/post marital sex

Perfectly acceptable when practiced by adults under mutual agreement .

stealing

It's illegal. Nobody should break any secular law.

lying

No one who discovers that you're lying would ever trust you again.  Lying is a violation of trust.

murder

It's illegal. Nobody should break any secular law.

afterlife

Well, I think that Epicurus would have corrected Descartes in the following way:
"I feel (see, hear, taste, smell, sense). Therefore, I exist". I simply live without beings and worlds that transcend matter, space and time (if such beings and worlds exist at all). I worry about far more pressing matters here on earth.

Many views on the above subjects are influenced by religion. Without religious injunctions the actions become amoral.

Really?. What about secular morals?. Maybe you should read the rationalist philosophers from the 17th century onwards. They have written entire treatises on secular morals (Voltaire excluded, since he made a living out of slave trade).   
And what about secular law?.

P.S. Could you people stop bashing each other?. Let's be reasonable. Freedom of creed (including no creed at all) is a human right, and a constitutional right in many countries. The belief vs. unbelief debate is a waste of time because no one on each side will be "converted".
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by dekung(m): 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2012
Hmmmm! this is kinda interesting. But am a bit occupied now, I will get on with it soonest.
Re: How Did You Become An Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 6:18am On Feb 24, 2017
nferyn:

Good to see you still pop in once in a while. I can guess why you hardly comment these days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FAKE MIRACLES!! Reverend Father Modestus Chiedozie Chilaka – Watch Video / Election Of Church Leaders By Voting: Is It Biblical? / How Many Children Did King Solomon Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.