Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello (7328 Views)

Engr Musa: Missing MMA Staff Reportedly Found Dead At Lagos Canal (Graphic) / Kogi 2019: See The Mammoth Crowd At Engr. Musa Wada Campaign Ground / Engr. Musa Wada Of PDP Picks Sam Aro As Running Mate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by HappyNigerian: 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2019
Breaking
Engr. Musa Wada accept defeat, congratulate Gov. Bello

Its Time To Move On

Every General knows when its time to move on. He knows when to call off the battle and prepare for the next war. Above all, he knows when he has given the best and it did not yield the expected results. Perhaps, God, who rules in the affairs of men decided otherwise.

Ever since I decided to run for the governorship seat of Kogi State, the entire exercise has been trailed by controversies. My character has been maligned and I have been blackmailed and betrayed by many, including some people very close to me. In some other instances I was humiliated. But I did not despair or faint. I took it all in my strides, believing that it is the nature of politics in this part of the world.

To prove the genuineness of my ambition I appealed to men and women of goodwill. I spoke on the need for everyone, not only members of my political party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to give me a chance. And there is no doubt that we had a good team and one of the best campaigns, spreading to every part of the state.

However, reports from the field in yesterday's election has left me very sad. It turned out that I have become the sole reason for a bitter ethnic war. Fathers turned against their children, brothers against sisters and cousins against uncles.

This is not to say that there were no genuine voters in yesterday's election. Many of our supporters turned out in droves, eager to effect the change we promised and represent. May God bless and reward them all for the tremendous sacrifice and unprecedented commitment to our cause.

Yet, we cannot afford to close our eyes to the reality that stares us in the face. The bitter truth, from reports from the field indicates that our goal may have been abridged midstream. And even though close confidants and acquaintances believe that it is still early to give up, I am old and experienced enough to know when I have been overpowered by a strongman.

Yes, we may have been bitter rivals and ran very bitter campaigns. I was particularly hopeful that the election would go my way. But I'm not naive as not to know when I'm losing as well as when I have been defeated. Now that the ovation is still loud and the euphoria of the election is still high is the best time to drop the towel.

Having considered all options available to me and irrespective of what actions elders and our party may take in the immediate future, I have come to a conclusion that Governor Yahaya Bello is the winner of yesterday's election, no matter how contrived. As in all contest, a winner has emerged, even the outcome may not be pleasing to us.

I hereby congratulate my brother and friend, Governor Yahaya Bello, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC). I wish him a fruitful second term in office and pray that some of wrongs and issues which came up during the campaigns would be effectively tackled this time around.

It is likewise my advice that Governor Bello should be magnanimous in victory. He should take steps to heal the wounds and take steps to reconcile the state across party lines. Kogi belongs to us all and he must allow all, irrespective of ethnic, religious or other social diversities to coexist in harmony, tolerance and mutual exchange of ideas. We must make Kogi work for all.

To all leaders and members of our party, supporters and other well wishers, I thank you for believing in our project and standing till the end. My fervent prayer is that God shall not abandon you at the point of need. Rest assured that I remain eternally grateful for what you have done for me.

Above all, let no one consider my stand as an act of cowardice. The late philosopher and music maestro, Bob Marley rightly stated that: "Its he who fights and runs away that lives to fight another day". Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan further counseled that no election is worth the life another human being. For me, this chapter is closed. Tomorrow comes with the morning. There are many victories ahead.

Engr. Musa Wada
PDP Governorship Candidate
17th November,2019

https://headlinenews365.com/breaking-pdp-candidate-concedes-to-governor-bello/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by Gurumaharaji(m): 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2019
Lies.... fake news

4 Likes

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by voltron14: 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2019
Very good.
Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by Kyase(m): 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2019
Make I confirm am first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by AJOBI77(m): 2:01pm On Nov 17, 2019
If I tear this op hot slap enh

5 Likes

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by Mightyhaiz: 2:03pm On Nov 17, 2019
Good for them
Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by beresponsible(m): 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2019
Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by seunmsg(m): 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2019
Commendable if true.
Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by uzohrome(m): 2:18pm On Nov 17, 2019
Weather he said it now or not he will still say it. Apc will win with wide margin . I respect the process and not the violence involved or the massive rigging exploited by APC. I Honour the electoral body and you should do the same. Until everyone leave the country for those heartless folks out there to govern and rule themselves.

Congrats to Yahaya Bello. You fought a good fight. People of Kogi state just hold your breath for the next four years. Let me change my dstv channel I will be back .

1 Like

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by cosby02(m): 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
PDP supporters right now

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by Daniel76: 2:22pm On Nov 17, 2019
This bello na bad guy he said is going to beat his opponent with big margin that he would not be able to go to tribunal grin bello I hail ooo

1 Like

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by omenka(m): 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2019
Watch the wailing crew from across the river reject it on behalf of WADA.

Even though the source isnt credible. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by diegwu02: 2:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
Protest erupts in Aba over Kogi Elections

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by FakeManna: 2:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
[s]
omenka:

[/s]
source not credible
still showcased your fictional intelligence grin
grow up dude
stop behaving like a todler
40 years no be beans ooo

5 Likes

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by Zeezxo(m): 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2019
Any body my brother from yeast support always been defeated.

Nairaland where is Mannagrillbbq abi make we protect.
You go hide him because of this election abi Goddey grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by leofab(f): 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by Belleful: 2:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
waiting for VAR to confirm it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by danot1030: 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
The way politics is going with the losing of Bayelsa election by pdp to APC, PDP is will soon become an Igbo party and will all know that will be the final burial of pdp in Nigeria politics.

1 Like

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by okeyglm: 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2019
who want to waste money and time in buhari court. better move on brother. naija is not worth dying for.
Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by ki02020(m): 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2019
In the spirit of sportsmanship

1 Like

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by Stalwert: 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2019
omenka:

You wan kill am for wailers

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by SalamRushdie: 3:09pm On Nov 17, 2019
Fake letter
Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by barbstee(m): 3:12pm On Nov 17, 2019
That will be nice of him.
It's rare to see an average Nigerian politician react that way.

If true though!

1 Like

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by greatbrian(m): 3:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
Kogites shud guard up for another 4 years of belloship.

They wanted it, they voted for him let them enjoy the dividends
Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by wallex1983(m): 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ok
Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by Omoboricash(m): 3:59pm On Nov 17, 2019
okeyglm:
who want to waste money and time in buhari court. better move on brother. naija is not worth dying for.
Hmmmmm Nigerians. So it's now Buhari court because pr3sidential appeal court did not go ur party way. Remember the same Buhari declared pdp candidate olujimi the winner of ekiti senate seat against apc Adeyeye, the Senate spokeman. Remember the same Buhari court gave Wike and Okowa of Rivers and Delta state respectively victory. Also the same Buhari court gave zamfara pdp victory despite the apc won landslide but the impunity in apc upturned the victory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by Samfloxin(m): 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
I pity Kogi people. If this governor didn't do any meaningful thing in his first tenure,he will definitely do worse as ascends the throne again
Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by ibnzubair(m): 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
Hell
Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by jom28gy(m): 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2019
can't be true, there is vote buying winning

1 Like

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
No sensible person will believe this thrash. The crop of politicians we have now will rather die than accept defeat. The elections itself is visibly fraught with humongous malpractice so much that elections in Nigeria is a game for the highest rigger.

INEC are yet to officially announce the results. After this, expect the loser to proceed to court. Offcourse Lawyers must chop. Then from there to appeal and to supreme court till they exhaust their legal options.

1 Like

Re: Engr. Musa Wada Accept Defeat, Congratulate Gov. Bello by duduade: 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2019
From now on Kogites carry your load

Do not come on social media to complain

We wish you all the best

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Military Versus Nigeria Military (Equipment) / Atiku Cancels Birthday Celebration In Honour Of Kano Bomb Blast Victims / States With Highest Number Of Indigenous Prostitutes/ Sex Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.