Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants (12382 Views)

FG To Commence Work On Three Coal Power Plants / Cement Price Fall: Dangote To Construct Rail Lines / G8 Worried Over Nigeria's Nuclear Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by dexmond: 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2010
[size=16pt]NO TO RUSSIA! THEY RUINED AJAOKUTA.[/size]
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by jason12345: 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2010
Obiagu1:

They didn't talk about the location. In case they need suggestions, I'm suggesting Sokoto, so far away from my people because the nuclear plant must explode due to lack of maintainance.
alj harem:

gbam no location

why would u suggest sokoto, is sokoto not a hotter climate than enugu

i suggest enugu because the heat in sokoto would make the nuclear pant unstable, or what do u think undecided
grin grin grin grin
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by jason12345: 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2010
dexmond:

[size=16pt]NO TO RUSSIA! THEY RUINED AJAOKUTA.[/size]

GBAM!!!
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by manny4life(m): 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2010
holydante:

This does not call for abuse, it has to be drilled down to the core. Just like we put satellite in the orbit that got lost, toying with nuclear plants is no child's play. We may have the funds to throw about this project but are we really prepared and ready with the EIA? we do a lot of EIA's here but it amounts to nothing.

Someone is talking about evacuation in the eventuality of the eventful but this is a country where ordinary flood victims are left to their caprices how much more a nuclear disaster? Where do we store the radioactive spent fuel rods?? I guess Boko haram guys will soon lay their hands on nuclear materials and wreck better havoc than they are doing now. Hydro generation is what this country can afford and should stick to it for now

Albeit, why must it be Russia again? Ajaokuta and Alscon Ikot Abasi is still fresh in memory, China can do better grin grin

Abuse? I wasn't abusing anyone, I was only saying that he's somewhat incorrect; partially correct. There are other ways to generate electricity; cleaner and greener technology.
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by holydante(m): 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2010
alj harem:

gbam no location

why would u suggest sokoto, is sokoto not a hotter climate than enugu

i suggest enugu because the heat in sokoto would make the nuclear pant unstable, or what do u think undecided

From the office of statistics, Sokoto and most states in the North claim huge land mass and this has been useful for sharing national cake for them, thereby from the foregoing, I support the motion that Sokoto or any core northern state should be allocated with the graceful priviledge of playing host to the nuclear reactor.this should be their own 13% derivation.

Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!  Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!! Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!! Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by Omenani(m): 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2010
We are not ready for this form of energy. The idiocy that comes from the Nigerian FG.
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by holydante(m): 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2010
manny4life:

Abuse? I wasn't abusing anyone, I was only saying that he's somewhat incorrect; partially correct. There are other ways to generate electricity; cleaner and greener technology.

Hey Manny, i suppose i inserted the wrong post, my bad embarassed. It was tunsbobo's post that i intended to insert. He started with ''shutup your stinking mouth'' and am like what da, undecided, this aint no shouting match nah, abi he has attempted kissing you before to know the fact about the stinking stuff, again my bad cheesy
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by Obiagu1(m): 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2010
holydante:

From the office of statistics, Sokoto and most states in the North claim huge land mass and this has been useful for sharing national cake for them, thereby from the foregoing, I support the motion that Sokoto or any core northern state should be allocated with the graceful priviledge of playing host to the nuclear reactor.this should be their own 13% derivation.

Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!! Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!! Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!! Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!

Thank you.
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by manny4life(m): 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2010
Omenani:

We are not ready for this form of energy. The idiocy that comes from the Nigerian FG.

I agree and not only are we not ready, it would be nice for the govt to begin investing in renewable energy.
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by Tunsbobo(m): 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2010
voltron:

Have you expressed your idiocy perfectly?  grin
There is no doubt that u are a mad man. Anywayz, i don't have time to exchange words with crazy minded chaps like u.
holydante:

Hey Manny, i suppose i inserted the wrong post, my bad embarassed. It was tunsbobo's post that i intended to insert. He started with ''shutup your stinking mouth'' and am like what da, undecided, this aint no shouting match nah, abi he has attempted kissing you before to know the fact about the stinking stuff, again my bad cheesy
If u think what u just said is funny, then u must be a big fool. How dare u tell me that i attempted kissing mouth. If u want to crack jokes then go to Jokes section instead of show the world ur stupidity here.Foolish man!
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by Tunsbobo(m): 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2010
voltron:

There is no doubt that u are a mad man. Anywayz, i don't have time to exchange words with crazy minded chaps like u.
holydante:

If u think what u just said is funny, then u must be a big fool. How dare u tell me that i attempted kissing mouth. If u want to crack jokes then go to Jokes section instead of show the world ur stupidity here.Foolish man!
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by Tunsbobo(m): 5:39pm On Nov 19, 2010
voltron:

holydante:

Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by tredkiller: 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2010
Dangerous and unwelcoming development! Where is the plant going to be sited? definitely not in the south. How are we sure is not going to be a sub-standard project in execution. Half of the money earmarked for the project will go into the pockets of corrupt officials in charge of the contract. I think it is better to die slowly from carbon monoxide poisdning from our fuming generating sets than being wiped off completely from the face of the earth!
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by manny4life(m): 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2010
holydante:

Dude were you addressing that to me? Please respect the fine line between making a joke and and pissing off someone else.
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by blakmonsta: 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2010
Those advocating cleaner greener energy, nuclear energy is the cleanest and most efficient energy source known to currently exist.

Those worried about a nuclear explosion should read up on nuclear fission and see how it actually works, and what the chances are that an explosive event will happen if you are not enriching your plutonium to weapons grade.

Those worried about radiation leakage/poisoning: Normally I would tell you your fears are unfounded, but based on recent trends in this country as per negligence, lack of maintenance, and the SAME negative attitude that causes Nigerians to come on here and talk as if they do not ever, ever want to progress in this world, I would say such fears are well founded, but still not enough to deny the benefits.

However Oil spills and oil leakages are just as bad if not worse. They happen more frequently and with devastating effects on both ecology, food chain, water table AND human health. People, dont be scared of the term 'nuclear'. A nuclear reactor and a nuclear bomb are so completely different its ridiculous. All they really have in common is they both exploit the phenomenon of nuclear fission.

Its like saying Nigerians should not be allowed to drive since a car carries toxic, flammable fuel around in a tank, with poisonous fumes should there be a leakage, and relies on the same principle for movement as the American FAE fuel air explosive, a weapon capable of wiping out the federal secretariat in one shot.
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by Guyman02: 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2010
Nuclear wahala. katakata wan burst be dat o!
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by lakode(m): 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2010
Hmm, a THIEF wants to help us in repairing  our  house DOOR , haaa  and we are not vigilant , RUSSIA helping  NIGERIA build nuclear plant , when will we grow , smiley , we giving our security away, to the COMMUNIST LORDS , what a mistake, almost every country are limiting relation with Russia , NAIJA  ( sorry dear PROF am use to the word),
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by blakmonsta: 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2010
communist lords?

Someone has been playing too much call of duty
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by honeric01(m): 6:40pm On Nov 19, 2010
holydante:

Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!  Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!! Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!! Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!Sokoto for nuclear reactor,!!!!

GOD!!! i actually shed tears while laughing, una no go kill me oo, we should suggest Niger? i think Niger state is cool or maybe Adamawa grin grin grin
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by naijaking1: 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2010
Nothing works in Nigeria, even gravity!

When our president became sick, where did they take him? Saudi Arabia, where does the Saudi King go for his own medical treatment? USA
When we needed a strong coach to boost our soccer potential, where did they go? Sweden. Where do the Swedes go soccer techniques? Brazil, Italy
When we need help with our railroads, where did we go? India, where do Indians go help with their own railroads? USA, UK
When we needed a reliable car assembly plant, where did we go? France, where do the French go when their auto. industry is failing? Japan
Now, we need nuclear power generation, where do we go? Russia, where do the Russians go for nuclear safety, USA

Why does our government pretend that they don't know better, kickback, bribe, ------money angry
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by belelikfin(m): 7:21pm On Nov 19, 2010
I Just hope this Issue materializes and come to fusion.
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by joganut(m): 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2010
we are trying so hard to become one of the developed countries but our maintainance system in the country is ridiculous. I want the government to think of the hazards that come with such advancement and our capabilities. we can not be nonchalant with such dangerous matters like this
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by manny4life(m): 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2010
blakmonsta:

Those advocating cleaner greener energy, nuclear energy is the cleanest and most efficient energy source known to currently exist.
Those worried about a nuclear explosion should read up on nuclear fission and see how it actually works, and what the chances are that an explosive event will happen if you are not enriching your plutonium to weapons grade.

Those worried about radiation leakage/poisoning: Normally I would tell you your fears are unfounded, but based on recent trends in this country as per negligence, lack of maintenance, and the SAME negative attitude that causes Nigerians to come on here and talk as if they do not ever, ever want to progress in this world, I would say such fears are well founded, but still not enough to deny the benefits.

However Oil spills and oil leakages are just as bad if not worse. They happen more frequently and with devastating effects on both ecology, food chain, water table AND human health. People, dont be scared of the term 'nuclear'. A nuclear reactor and a nuclear bomb are so completely different its ridiculous. All they really have in common is they both exploit the phenomenon of nuclear fission.

Its like saying Nigerians should not be allowed to drive since a car carries toxic, flammable fuel around in a tank, with poisonous fumes should there be a leakage, and relies on the same principle for movement as the American FAE fuel air explosive, a weapon capable of wiping out the federal secretariat in one shot.

Are you just saying what you know or from experience? I bet nuclear experts from top organizations would disagree with this your found theory.
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by grammy: 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2010
If Nigeria and Russia want to improve their bilateral relationship; then Nigeria Govt needs to visit Russia and see how it's citizen is been handle there. Then they can know how Russia Experts in Nigeria will handle the whole country.

Have they read thru history and see how Russia acts and the type of Technology they have, at this age and century, i am extremely disappointed that if these idiots we have as leaders want to steal money they have to follow one of the oldest technology in the world (RUSSIA) even them know they have nothing but weapons created with wasted materials and pollution.

Even they themselves cannot totally clean their own country of many forms of pollution, Naija i hail thee,
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by SapeleGuy: 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2010
In the interest of national unity and diversifying the economy, I nominate Abuja , after all the National Nuclear Technology Centre is already there.
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2010
This is a beautiful development. But please it shouldn't be cited in my local government or anywhere close to my local government lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by OmoTier1(m): 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2010
Sad 80% of the post on this topic are neither educative nor objective. I was expecting to read Nigerians talk ( based on scientific knowledge and Nigeria particularity) about the merit and/or demerits of Nigeria's quest to engage nuclear energy rather all one can read is typical fear factor and nonsensical comments.

How many of us truly know where we are as a country as par our white paper on Nuclear technology acquisition and utilization both in medicine and power generation? I believe this white paper was drawn up during the Obasanjo's government and the first phase of that paper on acquisition nad utilization of nuclear materials for medical usage is currently being implemented. Also, as part of this plan, a good number of Nigerian scientist are currently bieng trained in the USA and Europe just like we did in Space technology which is gradually paying off as Nigeria can today boast of engineers and scientist who can design, implement and deploy small scale satellites into orbit.

@joganut  

Thank you for that post. I think you are right and I am sure its not just the FG alone that needs "rebranding" on mainteance culture, every Nigerian truly does need it!
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by ezeagu(m): 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2010
So the faulty Russian planes all those Nigerian airlines used to use (?) with all those nose dives have been forgotten so soon?
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by SapeleGuy: 10:21pm On Nov 19, 2010
Omo_tier1 - if Nigeria's progress was to be measured in white papers and proposals we would be leading the developed world in all development indices.

We have to be a bit light hearted sometimes.

The scepticism witnessed here is wholly justified when you bear in mind that this a country that can not maintain ordinary drainage gutters.

On a serious note, the north is the best place for it because there is already a small reactor in Zaria.
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by OmoTier1(m): 10:43pm On Nov 19, 2010
ezeagu:

So the faulty Russian planes all those Nigerian airlines used to use (?) with all those nose dives have been forgotten so soon?
I am not sure if you are aware that the Russians have one of the world most advanced 4th Generation fighter jet ( with only J35/F35 as her rival) and are currently building another 5th generation fighter jet which would enter into service between 2015 and 2020. Technology wise, russians aint laid back and they can give you what you want if you have the money! The planes Nigeria bought from them was at least world class as at the time we bought them and its not fault of russia if Nigeria could not put theirs to good use (ask the indians how they used their MiGs and now they can boast of technical know how in fighter aircraft design and manufacture)
SapeleGuy:

Omo_tier1 - if Nigeria's progress was to be measured in white papers and proposals we would be leading the developed world in all development indices.
We have to be a bit light hearted sometimes. The scepticism witnessed here is wholly justified when you bear in mind that this a country that can not maintain ordinary drainage gutters. On a serious note, the north is the best place for it because there is already a small reactor in Zaria.

Where in my previous post did I mention that Nigeria's should be measured on paper? I was only saying the obvious that Nigeria's quest to generate electricity (an d/or energy) from Nuclear power did not just come out of the sahara desert winds! There is a white paper that is being implemented and it appears that the meeting held by the Forieng Ministers of Nigeria and Russia may have been occassioed by the implementation of blue print/white paper on Nuclear technology acquisition and utilization. Are you also aware that the EU is assisting us in that regard in acquiring the needed human capacity in nuclear medicne and the University of Ibadan is one of such beneficiary of the EU/un ASSISTANCEprogramme? As for the part of your post in bold, could you provide an technical and strategic justification (including security, logistics and otherwise) for your choice of North  other than the reason of a small teaching demonstration nuclear reactor in Zaria? How about the mountainious regions in South-East Nigeria which also boarders some water bodies, hence facilitating the easy of transportation and removal nuclear materials true the sea instead of roads. Also, google up the UK and France's nuclear sites and observe one thing  the locations have in common.
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by ezeagu(m): 10:47pm On Nov 19, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

I am not sure if you are aware that the Russians have one of the world most advanced 4th Generation fighter jet ( with only J35/F35 as her rival) and are currently building another 5th generation fighter jet which would enter into service between 2015 and 2020. Technology wise, russians aint laid back and they can give you what you want if you have the money! The planes Nigeria bought from them was at least world class as at the time we bought them and its not fault of russia if Nigeria could not put theirs to good use (ask the indians how they used their MiGs and now they can boast of technical know how in fighter aircraft design and manufacture)

All I need to know is what I have seen, and what I have seen are nose diving faulty Russian planes sold to Nigerian airline companies for cheap. I don't need to know about Russian battleships which has nothing to do with anything.
Re: Russia To Construct Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Plants by SapeleGuy: 11:27pm On Nov 19, 2010
Omo_Tier1- We have to learn from our mistakes, case in point was the building of an oil refinery in Kaduna and the attendant wasteful pipeline infrastructure that criss crossed the country. The uranium is in the north, build the reactor in the north. I see where you are going with this location thing but mountains water also exist up north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Verify Paypal From Nigeria? / Igbos And Hausas Who Are Richer / Nigeria To Lose More In UK Listing Of Naira—fsdh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.