Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,649 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" (1425 Views)

Secret Sins Between I And The New Tenant / Difference Between I Like You And I Love You / The Difference Between I Am Pregnant And I Don Get Belle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by Toks2008(m): 5:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
This is a fun thread and I want to throw this open for people to comment.

There is a common phrase many ladies are fond of using to express their support for a guy at a point in time in his life and whilst many use the phrase "I was there for him", I think the right phrase should be "I was there with him"

I know some struggling guys who share the little food and money they have with a lady whilst the lady gladly receives without any material or monetary input and I also know some guys that their ladies share her money and food with them without becoming any liability to these guys.

Let's have your opinion based on these two cases...when can we say a lady was there for her man or with her man?, are these two phrases the Same?
Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by maak400: 5:55pm On Nov 17, 2019
Be not deceived, women only want the ready made men or a man that they feel his financial breakthrough is around the corner. No woman will stay with you if they don’t see the potential in you that you will be financially okay in the nearest future. They are hypergamous in nature and only wait for men who will win or have won, “the winners”.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by Mood11: 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2019
grin
Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2019
I know where this thread is heading to

Only ungrateful people who doesn't understand the value of loyalty that tend to discard their girlfriend or wife who stayed with them from the beginning when they were struggling with life and trying to breakthrough.

I don't know what some of you people want, the same people that go about screaming on top their voices that girls should try to build with their boyfriend and not go for the already made ones will still be the same people to open this kind of thread.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by Toks2008(m): 6:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
virgoquin:
I know where this thread is heading to

Only ungrateful people who doesn't understand the value of loyalty that tend to discard their girlfriend or wife who stayed with them from the beginning when they were struggling with life and trying to breakthrough.

I don't know what some of you people want, the same people that go about screaming on top their voices that girls should try to build with their boyfriend and not go for the already made ones will still be the same people to open this kind of thread.

Dem don turn am to fight...

Which kain wahala be this?

Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
I was there for him can as well be correct depending on what they mean

If they met the guy's needs when he needed them or he needed something, they were having his back in times of trouble or need and were there to console or comfort him at times of difficulty, then if they say "I was there for him", they are correct.

And besides, she could have been there "with" him and would not have been "for" him. She could just have been there with him (in his life) playing no significant role or meeting any of his needs. She could have even been there "with" him and she was rather causing problems for him. But she was still "with" him.

The bottom line is, if a lady was there "for" a guy, then she supported and positively impacted his life regardless of whatever degree. But if she was there "with" him, then the case should be further investigated to discern if she was there "with" him and contributing positively to his life or was contributing negatively or was just neutral.

I hope this comment isn't full of flaws though. I stand to be corrected

6 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by RoyalBlu(f): 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
How about: after all I've done for you...

This line is rife cheesy
Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by Nickisindigo(m): 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
I can only take the second option you listed there the first one is a no-no for me
Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by Toks2008(m): 6:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
RoyalBlu:
How about: after all I've done for you...

This line is rife cheesy

Sounds more like "I was there for you"
Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by desvi: 6:52pm On Nov 17, 2019
OladimejiRufai:
I was there for him can as well be correct depending on what they mean

If they met the guy's needs when he needed them or he needed something, they were having his back in times of trouble or need and were there to console or comfort him at times of difficulty, then if they say "I was there for him", they are correct.

And besides, she could have been there "with" him and would not have been "for" him. She could just have been there with him (in his life) playing no significant role or meeting any of his needs. She could have even been there "with" him and she was rather causing problems for him. But she was still "with" him.

The bottom line is, if a lady was there "for" a guy, then she supported and positively impacted his life regardless of whatever degree. But if she was there "with" him, then the case should be further investigated to discern if she was there "with" him and contributing positively to his life or was contributing negatively or was just neutral.

I hope this comment isn't full of flaws though. I stand to be corrected

you made sense plenty
Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by donstan18: 7:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
Women should stop looking for men to be there for.

They should channel their "Audio inspirations" to their fathers and brothers to help them blow.

You can't claim that you helped a man succeed when you and your family members are still poor.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
Some ladies truly have the right to use that phrase I was there for/with him but not nowadays, maybe in the last millennium. undecided

In this millennium, get dumped by cash is closely followed by get dumped by woman. undecided
Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by genq(m): 7:50pm On Nov 17, 2019
virgoquin:
I [s]know where this thread is heading to

I don't know what some of you people want, the same people that go about screaming on top their voices that girls should try to build with their boyfriend and not go for the already made ones will still be the same people to open this kind of thread[/s].

Shut up. Just shut up woman!

Listen fellas, there is a clear difference when a woman says:

"I WAS THERE WHEN HE WAS SUFFERING"

vs

"I SUFFERED WITH HIM"

That she was 'there' at your lowest doesn't mean she was actually loyal and sacrificial towards your growth - ask yourself if she truly struggled with you

Too many entitled chicks out here lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by Toks2008(m): 7:55pm On Nov 17, 2019
genq:

Shut up. Just shut up woman!

Listen fellas, there is a clear difference when a woman says:

"I WAS THERE WHEN HE WAS SUFFERING"

vs

"I SUFFERED WITH HIM"

That she was 'there' at your lowest doesn't mean she was actually loyal and sacrificial towards your growth - ask yourself if she truly struggled with you

Too many entitled chicks out here lipsrsealed

The two sounds alike.
Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by Starz825(m): 7:57pm On Nov 17, 2019
maak400:
Be not deceived, women only want the ready made men or a man that they feel his financial breakthrough is around the corner. No woman will stay with you if they don’t see the potential in you that you will be financially okay in the nearest future. They are hypergamous in nature and only wait for men who will win or have won, “the winners”.
God bless you bro...

We have to be realistic, so we can conquer reality....who wan suffer...as in reason am nobody wan suffer...I don't blame this girls...fine I don't support pettiness but then...thats the reason why I keep telling myself...u must make it to some reasonable standard before u can think of marriage......
Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
I was there with you simply means I gave you alone free access to mine pussy but I was there for you means support beyond only pussy loyalty. unfortunately most Nigerian ladies fall into the category of the formal.
Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by LordKO(m): 8:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
It depends on what tickles one's fancy. Personally, altruism of a woman is worth more than anything else; so an altruistic woman has every right to say "I was there for/with you."

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by Toks2008(m): 8:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
Lalasticlala what do you think about this fun thread?
Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
maak400:

Na why I go dey use them dump be this
Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by nlPoster: 11:27pm On Nov 22, 2019
Any other interests besides women?
Re: The Difference Between "I Was There For Him" And "I Was There With Him" by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
nlPoster:
Any other interests besides women?
Help me ask them undecided

(1) (Reply)

��� / Can You? / Could This Be Witchcraft Or Dumb Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.