Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State (29732 Views)

Asari Dokubo To Governor Fubara: Rivers Is Not A Christian State / Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial / Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by TITOPE(m): 8:32am On Nov 18, 2019
The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has again declared the State as a Christian State, adding that he owes no one any apology.

The Governor spoke at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Holy Ghost Rally, which held at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium on Sunday.

He said, “But for God, the enemies would have taken over the state. I thank the Church for standing firm.

“They prayed for God’s will to be done and God’s will was done. But for your prayers, I won’t be here as Rivers State Governor.

“Anytime I have the opportunity, I repeat the declaration with authority and I owe nobody an apology. I am standing on solid authority. Rivers is a Christian state.”

Wike said he remained Governor due to God’s intervention.

He said God dislodged “forces of darkness” who were primed to rob him of his mandate.

He described himself as a living testimony of God’s blessing.

“Nigerians are aware of what happened on 9th March 2019. If anyone says he does not believe in God, that event of March 9 should make you believe God,” he added.

http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/11/agian-gov-wike-declares-rivers.html

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Smalldick123(m): 8:33am On Nov 18, 2019
Wike the wickedest.
CONTINUE TO PEPPER DEM

158 Likes

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Edygrin(m): 8:33am On Nov 18, 2019
Is he wrong?

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Harrymig1(m): 8:41am On Nov 18, 2019
God bless

38 Likes

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by ddippset(m): 8:51am On Nov 18, 2019
Am a Christian and Wike should stop disgraing us abeg.

Tying Christianity to rivers state is like tying Christianity to cultism, kidnapping, prostitution, bunkering, militancy, ritual killing to Christianity.

Rivers state is one of the biggest crime places in Nigeria and this man proudly keeps on tying it to Chrstianity.

Is he thinking at all?

Modified 10 hours later;

I have been receiving a lot of mentions from children filled with hate. I understand some are reeling from the aftershock of yesterday's triple knock outs in Bayelsa, Kogi and Dino.

I repeat it is shameful for Wike to shamelessly continue to tie Rivers state and Christianity.
For the past 4 years Rivers and Borno have been 2 of the most notorious states in Nigeria.

Wike should stop embarrassing us. We know already that Rivers state is 99 percent Christian.

He should stop reminding the world about that.
He disgracing us biko.

106 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by kelvinginzie: 8:52am On Nov 18, 2019
TITOPE:

The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has again declared the State as a Christian State, adding that he owes no one any apology.

The Governor spoke at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Holy Ghost Rally, which held at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium on Sunday.

He said, “But for God, the enemies would have taken over the state. I thank the Church for standing firm.

“They prayed for God’s will to be done and God’s will was done. But for your prayers, I won’t be here as Rivers State Governor.

“Anytime I have the opportunity, I repeat the declaration with authority and I owe nobody an apology. I am standing on solid authority. Rivers is a Christian state.”

He said God dislodged “forces of darkness” who were primed to rob him of his mandate.

“Nigerians are aware of what happened on 9th March 2019. If anyone says he does not believe in God, that event of March 9 should make you believe God,” he added.

lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

This proves that Wike has no presidential ambition

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by lastmessenger: 9:20am On Nov 18, 2019
A state having a christain population of over 96% is best described as a Christian state. If you don't like that relocate to sokoto.

231 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:21am On Nov 18, 2019
You won't have to be shouting christain state upandan if it was.
There are no christain states in Nigeria.

17 Likes

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:21am On Nov 18, 2019
Indeed! Rivers is truly a Christian state cheesy

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Abdul05: 9:23am On Nov 18, 2019
Looking for trouble

1 Like

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by orion7: 9:23am On Nov 18, 2019
elrufai and his sharia brothers will be crying now

16 Likes

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:24am On Nov 18, 2019
lastmessenger:
A state having a christain population of over 96% is best described as a Christian state. If you don't like that relocate to sokoto.
Over 96% of the people in the night club I attended yesterday night were christains,and so it can best be described as a christain night club.
At this your age,you still don't know what constitute a Christian or a Muslim state.

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Kingsley10000: 9:30am On Nov 18, 2019
Bayalsa is now a muslim state....

I won't be surprised if Apc clear all south south states come 2023

in other news

Nnamdi kanu to reveal the true origin of GEJ that supported LYON

He will be called Gudiluki al'Janayang from Garbon cheesy

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Turantula(m): 9:30am On Nov 18, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

Over 96% of the people in the night club I attended yesterday night were christains,and so it can best be described as a christain night club.
At this your age,you still don't know what constitute a Christian or a Muslim state.
More than 80% of useful inventions were made by Christians

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Kingsley10000: 9:32am On Nov 18, 2019
kelvinginzie:

He has...Quite unfortunate he has goofed based on this statement.

3 Likes

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:32am On Nov 18, 2019
Turantula:

More than 80% of useful inventions were made by Christians
To be more specific Europeans,Western Europeans actually.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by lastmessenger: 9:34am On Nov 18, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

yes you can describe it the way you wish to. Call it Christian night club,no wahala.
But for rivers state made of over 96% Christians,the state is a Christian state. Who no like am should relocate to sokoto.

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by lastmessenger: 9:37am On Nov 18, 2019
kelvinginzie:

if he has you and your likes will still choose elrufai over wike. And we know elrufai has said worst things in this same country.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by bangbangall: 10:36am On Nov 18, 2019
TITOPE:

lalasticlala, mynd44, seun
Man with balls

20 Likes

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Enwhen(m): 11:20am On Nov 18, 2019
ddippset:
Am a Christian and Wike should stop disgraing us abeg.

Tieing Christianity to rivers state is like tieing Christianity to cultism, kidnapping, prostitution, bunkering, militancy, ritual killing to Christianity.

Rivers state is one of the biggest crime places in Nigeria and this man proudly keeps on trying with Chrstianity.

Is he thinking at all?

You are not a Christian...Christian kill u dia...RIVERS STATE IS A CHRISTIAN STATE, DOESN'T mean everybody in the state are BORN AGAIN...even in lands like Jerusalem and Mecca there are still sinners there....AFTERALL, A STATE IN THE NORTH HAS BEEN DECLEARED A SEAT OF THE CALISPHATE , WHAT HAVE U DONE ABOUT THAT

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by GODPUNISHALABI: 11:28am On Nov 18, 2019
Enwhen:

You are not a Christian...Christian kill u dia...RIVERS STATE IS A CHRISTIAN STATE, DOESN'T mean everybody in the state are BORN AGAIN...even in lands like Jerusalem and Mecca there are still sinners there....AFTERALL, A STATE IN THE NORTH HAS BEEN DECLEARED A SEAT OF THE CALISPHATE , WHAT HAVE U DONE ABOUT THAT
that guy you quoted is a Yoruba muslim from Osun state

58 Likes

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by ddippset(m): 11:37am On Nov 18, 2019
Enwhen:

Wike should not go bragging about that Rivers state is a Christian state.
With the way Christians love today, Christianity is nothing to be proud of, we should be ashamed of ourselves.
Leave the Muslims out of this, don't use them for cover up.
There are many Muslims who are better than Wike and yourself.

Stop measuring diccks and beating your chest upandan "I am a Christian, I am a Christian"
Rivers is a Christian state and he's accumulating billions upandan and the so called Christians are living in poverty.

Let Wike be fooling people like you.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by PlugBlogng: 11:40am On Nov 18, 2019
shocked
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by NwaBoy: 11:41am On Nov 18, 2019
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Lawly: 11:41am On Nov 18, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

Oga self righteous prick. Being in nightclub and the rest of them, does it make them less Christians? It's people like you that Jesus was referring to in the Bible when he said the self righteous teachers of the law ll be there deluding themselves while the harlots, tax collectors etc make it to heaven.

Go there in the north, all these vices you mentioned and worst re committed on daily basis. Does that make them less Muslims? Yet their leaders proudly announce their States as Sharia states and even do worst in the name of Sharia.
Pls don't tell me you ve joined the global bandwagon orchestrated by that useless Obama that sees a crime against humanity committed by a Muslim hiding under Islam and exonerates him, but sees a minor offence committed by a Christian most of which doesn't affect other people, and begin to condemn them as being without morals.

24 Likes

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by solmusdesigns: 11:41am On Nov 18, 2019
cool

Fear don they catch this one, as the train don already enter SouthSouth through bayelsa

Even a cultist want to scam us with religion

1 Like

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by talk2hb1(m): 11:41am On Nov 18, 2019
I Thought Our Christian Brothers & Sisters Always Proclaim Nigeria as a Secular Country!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Harrynight(m): 11:41am On Nov 18, 2019
grin

No body dey argue that fact with u Sir!

The only Muslim in Rivers are the unknown common aboki grin

2 Likes

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Belloanna(f): 11:42am On Nov 18, 2019
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Receives Solar-Powered Automated Sanitizer Dispenser From IMT (Photos) / Ebonyi Women Hail Governor Umahi After Seeing An Escalator In A Mall / Why I’m Not Proud To Call Buhari My President — Aribisala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.