Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,523 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State (29752 Views)

Asari Dokubo To Governor Fubara: Rivers Is Not A Christian State / Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial / Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by thebabban: 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2019
They will continue to use religion to cover their evil deeds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by ddippset(m): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2019
Owologbo:

Show me a crime free State or shut your trap.
"RIVER IS A CHRISTIAN STATE" go and kill yourself.
Okay Rivers state is a Christian state; show me the money this information has put in your pocket.
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by nikz(f): 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2019
lastmessenger:
A state having a christain population of over 96% is best described as a Christian state. If you don't like that relocate to sokoto.
Gbam

1 Like

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by nikz(f): 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2019
lastmessenger:
A state having a christain population of over 96% is best described as a Christian state. If you don't like that relocate to sokoto.
Gbam. I told my friend yesterday that this will be on the news today
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by stonemasonn: 5:16pm On Nov 18, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

To be more specific Europeans,Western Europeans actually.
what about the Chinese and Japanese, l mean Asians.
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by excel101(m): 5:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
ddippset:
Am a Christian and Wike should stop disgraing us abeg.

Tying Christianity to rivers state is like tying Christianity to cultism, kidnapping, prostitution, bunkering, militancy, ritual killing to Christianity.

Rivers state is one of the biggest crime places in Nigeria and this man proudly keeps on tying it to Chrstianity.

Is he thinking at all?
In that case you should go and live in Borno State, and after a year if you are alive then you have the rest of the story.
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by wonukwuru(m): 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2019
See who is talking. You think we don't know where you belong? Abeg, no dey use church dey confuse us here. Bible even talk am say "not all that calls Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of God". Person wey be leader for the other side, come here dey yarn opata. Abeg, park well joor.
TITOPE:

The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has again declared the State as a Christian State, adding that he owes no one any apology.

The Governor spoke at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Holy Ghost Rally, which held at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium on Sunday.

He said, “But for God, the enemies would have taken over the state. I thank the Church for standing firm.

“They prayed for God’s will to be done and God’s will was done. But for your prayers, I won’t be here as Rivers State Governor.

“Anytime I have the opportunity, I repeat the declaration with authority and I owe nobody an apology. I am standing on solid authority. Rivers is a Christian state.”

Wike said he remained Governor due to God’s intervention.

He said God dislodged “forces of darkness” who were primed to rob him of his mandate.

He described himself as a living testimony of God’s blessing.

“Nigerians are aware of what happened on 9th March 2019. If anyone says he does not believe in God, that event of March 9 should make you believe God,” he added.

http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/11/agian-gov-wike-declares-rivers.html

1 Like

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by excel101(m): 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
ddippset:

Tying Christianity to rivers state is like tying Christianity to cultism, kidnapping, prostitution, bunkering, militancy, ritual killing to Christianity.

Rivers state is one of the biggest crime places in Nigeria and this man proudly keeps on tying it to Chrstianity.

Is he thinking at all?
In that case you should go and live in Borno State, and after a year if you are still alive, then you have the rest of the story.
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by eki2000(m): 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2019
Kingsley10000:
Bayalsa is now a muslim state....

I won't be surprised if Apc clear all south south states come 2023

in other news

Nnamdi kanu to reveal the true origin of GEJ that supported LYON

He will be called Gudiluki al'Janayang from Garbon cheesy
I don't know where you hail from, but you made my day
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Lanre0: 5:31pm On Nov 18, 2019
There is no any element of Christianity in the Rivers state serial murderer called Wike. Just using religion to cover up his satanic deeds
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Truckpusher(m): 5:37pm On Nov 18, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

That's another fallacy. Most useful inventions were made by people across all religion and creed of all race and region. The human race is simply unique.
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Blitzerz: 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

Christians to be most specific
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by MoIbrahim: 6:03pm On Nov 18, 2019
Patching citizens with religion grin
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Beat123(f): 6:11pm On Nov 18, 2019
Religious fanatic!

Wike says it’s a religious state, a Muslim can be a Gov and say same!
All this doesn’t stop other religions or believe!
Instead of taking panadol on a generalized term why not focus on requesting good leaderships?

Christians day JESUS is greater! Muslim think otherwise, it’s a generalized term and it’s matters to anyone that’s interested...

ddippset:

Is he thinking at all?

Modified 10 hours later;

I have been receiving a lot of mentions from children filled with hate. I understand some are reeling from the aftershock of yesterday's triple knock outs in Bayelsa, Kogi and Dino.

I repeat it is shameful for Wike to shamelessly continue to tie Rivers state and Christianity.
For the past 4 years Rivers and Borno have been 2 of the most notorious states in Nigeria.

Wike should stop embarrassing us. We know already that Rivers state is 99 percent Christian.

He should stop reminding the world about that.
He disgracing us biko.
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
Not at ol
Edygrin:
Is he wrong?
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by ddippset(m): 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2019
Beat123:
Religious fanatic!

Wike says it’s a religious state, a Muslim can be a Gov and say same!
All this doesn’t stop other religions or believe!
Instead of taking panadol on a generalized term why not focus on requesting good leaderships?

Christians day JESUS is greater! Muslim think otherwise, it’s a generalized term and it’s matters to anyone that’s interested...

lol

See how you're telling me about focussing on leadership.

So how does Wike calling Rivers a Christian state have anything to do with leadership?

See!

You don't even have sense.
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by ddippset(m): 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2019
excel101:
In that case you should go and live in Borno State, and after a year if you are still alive, then you have the rest of the story.
What has this comment got to do with my post?

The distance between you and the point is like here to Sambisa forest.
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by lastmessenger: 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
BluntBoy:

There is only one constitution. The Nigerian constitution. Nothing like Kano or Zamfara constitutions.

As for Sharia, a Muslim-dominated military rule was the cause for the recognition of Sharia court of Appeal, and its inclusion in our constitution. So, it is not even a civilian thing. And as you know, amending the constitution is not an easy thing.

The constitution also allows for the establishment of regional Sharia courts which was why Zamfara enjoyed the privilege of instituting Sharia as above a mere equivalent of customary court.

The constitution of Nigeria states that there are no official religion, and that Nigeria is a secular state. That is enough for anyone with some form of education.
for the fact that sharia law applies to all indigenes of zamfara and kano whether Christian or Muslim then the states is nothing but an Islamic state. If zamfara and kano are not an Islamic States,why do they keep destroying bottles of beer enjoyed by the Christians and traditionalist living there.
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Staro: 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2019
No apology
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
All states that made up the old eastern region are and will forever be Christian states.
If you not comfortable with that, go rot in hell
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Mrpojj(m): 7:34pm On Nov 18, 2019
Edygrin:
Is he wrong?
No
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Mrpojj(m): 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
ddippset:

Is he thinking at all?

Modified 10 hours later;

I have been receiving a lot of mentions from children filled with hate. I understand some are reeling from the aftershock of yesterday's triple knock outs in Bayelsa, Kogi and Dino.

I repeat it is shameful for Wike to shamelessly continue to tie Rivers state and Christianity.
For the past 4 years Rivers and Borno have been 2 of the most notorious states in Nigeria.

Wike should stop embarrassing us. We know already that Rivers state is 99 percent Christian.

He should stop reminding the world about that.
He disgracing us biko.

Oga shut up
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Mrpojj(m): 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

Over 96% of the people in the night club I attended yesterday night were christains,and so it can best be described as a christain night club.
At this your age,you still don't know what constitute a Christian or a Muslim state.

You wey dey the club what are you?
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Mrpojj(m): 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2019
bangbangall:

Man with balls
Yes
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by ddippset(m): 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
Mrpojj:

Oga shut up
OgaMadam sod off
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by BluntBoy(m): 8:44pm On Nov 18, 2019
lastmessenger:
for the fact that sharia law applies to all indigenes of zamfara and kano whether Christian or Muslim then the states is nothing but an Islamic state. If zamfara and kano are not an Islamic States,why do they keep destroying bottles of beer enjoyed by the Christians and traditionalist living there.

Sharia law does not apply to every indigene of Zamfara and Kano states. It only applies to Muslims.

As to why Hisbah destroy beer bottles indiscriminately, the question you should ask is: "Is their act constitutional?" If it is unconstitutional, then how can the unconstitutional act of Hisbah (an agency of a state government) be the law?

A section of our constitution (the ultimate law) states that no state would adopt an official religion. This means Nigeria is a secular state, and every state within it is secular as well.
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by lastmessenger: 8:48pm On Nov 18, 2019
BluntBoy:

Sharia law does not apply to every indigenes of Zamfara and Kano states. It only applies to Muslims.

As to why Hisbah destroy beer bottles indiscriminately, the question you should ask is: "Is their act constitutional?" If it is unconstitutional, then how can the unconstitutional act of Hisbah (an agency of a state government) be the law?

A section of our constitution (the ultimate law) states that no state would adopt an official religion. This means Nigeria is a secular state, and every state within it is secular as well.

Which law established the hisbah police ? Under which authority does the hisbah police carry out their activities?
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by BluntBoy(m): 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2019
lastmessenger:
Which law established the hisbah police ? Under which authority does the hisbah police carry out their activities?

I don't know what you hope to achieve by these questions.

Even the police who are empowered by the law of the land sometimes carry out unconstitutional acts for which they can be sued.

When Sharia was instituted, it was clearly stated that it would address Muslims, and not non-Muslims. Breaking beer bottles of Muslims is within their limits as a police executing Sharia laws, but breaking beer bottles of non-Muslims is going outside their jurisdictions. And they can be sued for it.

Rather than use the acts of Hisbah as a reference, why not use the constitution of the country which empowers a governor who then empowers Hisbah?
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by lastmessenger: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
Rroszy:

Nonsense
no vex
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:02pm On Nov 18, 2019
meccuno:
so Sharia states are called what? Use your brain guy.
Those to some extent because of their Shariah,and not merely by population,can be rightfully called Muslim state.In what way can rivers be called a Christain state then?
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by meccuno: 9:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

Those to some extent because of their Shariah,and not merely by population,can be rightfully called Muslim state.In what way can rivers be called a Christain state then?
A state with mjority christian population is a christian state. there is nothing new or unusual about it. if rivers were to be a country of it own , do you think that they would celebrate salah?
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2019
meccuno:
A state with mjority christian population is a christian state. there is nothing new or unusual about it. if rivers were to be a country of it own , do you think that they would celebrate salah?
A Christain nation,yes,but not a Christian state,those are two different things.Rivers still remains a secular state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2015: Lamido Kicks Against Jonathan’s Presidential Endorsement / Buhari Fails To Release Assets Declaration Document After CCB Verification / Saudi Iranian Rivalry Polarizes Nigerian Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.