Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) (6501 Views)

David Lyon Declared Winner Of Bayelsa Governorship Election / Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon / Bayelsa Election: David Lyon Leads Duoye Diri With 434,473 Votes - TVC News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by GistConnect: 3:04am On Nov 19, 2019
The Bayelsa governor-elect is 49 years old David Lyon, governorship candidate of the All progressives Congress (APC), has successfully challenged and finally broken the two-decade-old dominance of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on the politics of Bayelsa state.

Lyon emerged winner of the governorship election in the oil-rich-state conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Sunday, November 17.

Below is cute picture with his first family;

BY GISTMORE - http://gistmore.com/meet-the-incoming-bayelsa-governor-david-lyon-first-family

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by GistConnect: 3:04am On Nov 19, 2019
sad
Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by Staro: 3:06am On Nov 19, 2019
Aw
Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by Rednaxelot: 3:31am On Nov 19, 2019
This his daughter is pretty o.
I won’t say more than that

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by Bunnatex(m): 3:32am On Nov 19, 2019
Nice...
Why can't our leaders try to leave a legacy. I believe they go to Dubai and co. Can't we one day be like that.
Just thinking out loud. We need to abolish this government and restart.
Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by Goddex: 4:16am On Nov 19, 2019
I don't see this man as clean enough to be entrusted with Bayelsa state treasury.

GEJ awarded a pipeline surveillance contract to his company as part of the post amnesty
deal, but there were still reported cases of crude oil theft everywhere.

In 2015, when GEJ lost reelection and in order to retain his pipeline surveillance contract the smart dude
jejelly defected APC.

As usual of Buhari's shameless hypocrisy, the APC welcomed him with open arms and retained his pipelines surveillance contracts.
Crude oil theft continued unabated. The EFCC looked the other way, after all, the man became one of the biggest
financiers of their party at state and national levels.

Overnight, the man became so wealthy and popular with so much money to throw around.
No doubt, Bayelsa people enjoyed his philanthropy but did they bother to ponder about the source of his wealth?

The way this country is going ... I feel for others like me who have resolved to stay clean.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by Jabioro: 4:27am On Nov 19, 2019
Goddex:
I don't see this man as clean enough to be entrusted with Bayelsa state treasury.

GEJ awarded a pipeline surveillance contract to this man's company as part of the post amnesty

In 2015, when GEJ lost reelection and in order to retain his pipeline surveillance contract the smart dude
jejelly defected APC.

As usual of Buhari's shameless hypocrisy, the APC welcomed him with open arms and retained his pipelines surveillance contracts.
Crude oil theft continued unabated. The EFCC looked the other way, after all, the man became one of the biggest

Overnight, the man became so wealthy and popular with so much money to throw around.
No doubt, Bayelsa people enjoyed his philanthropy but no one bothered to ponder about the source of his wealth.

The way this country is going ... I feel for others like me who have resolved to stay clean.

Make your report official,with enough evidence otherwise your case will be empty..Or you will be changed for blasphemy..No clean hand ever take up the mantle of governance in Nigeria..

12 Likes

Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by Kpoikpoi: 4:32am On Nov 19, 2019
Goddex:

GEJ awarded a pipeline surveillance contract to this man's company as part of the post amnesty

jejelly defected APC.

No doubt, Bayelsa people enjoyed his philanthropy but did they bothered to ponder about the source of his wealth?

Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by Venerable612(m): 4:32am On Nov 19, 2019
Bunnatex:
Nice...
Why can't our leaders try to leave a legacy. I believe they go to Dubai and co. Can't we one day be like that.
Just thinking out loud. We need to abolish this government and restart.

Do you know why we have such problems?

It’s the current party structure.

Do you know how many party big wigs this man has visited in the short time he was elected?

THOSE ARE THE STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE HE WILL FEED WITH BAYELSA’s MONEY.

1. He must pay his dues, because the others did.
He has to finance elections of other states.

2. He must Award contracts in Bayelsa to these people’s shadow companies

3. He must Give their candidates political positions

4. He must Contribute consistently to the party cause and pay touts to kill and cause trouble to ensure they retain ALL senatorial seats, House of Reps and House of Assembly.

5. Worst still, he must also begin to build a channel of wealth for his kids and unborn generation too.

APC or PDP - they are birds of same plumage.

9 Likes

Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by Kpoikpoi: 4:32am On Nov 19, 2019
Una don start?
Bad belle people.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by AfonjaBoston: 5:12am On Nov 19, 2019
Goddex:

jejelly defected APC.

No doubt, Bayelsa people enjoyed his philanthropy but did they bothered to ponder about the source of his wealth?

Bad belle

5 Likes

Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by CrimeKsmart: 5:38am On Nov 19, 2019
Beautiful family

1 Like

Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by solmusdesigns: 5:44am On Nov 19, 2019
cool

Lucky guy... the guy would simply adopt the APC governing template, he has enough resources at his dispossal and a strong Federal Government Backing, and as a rich man (FG contractor) he might not ordinarily be tempted to loot in the first term like Dickson a mere state house speaker who Jonathan package from the gutters

Very soon he would out class Apkabio, Udom and Wike in terms of infrastructural project due to the small size of Bayelsa

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by Godons1: 5:50am On Nov 19, 2019
Goddex:

jejelly defected APC.

Cry me a River.
David Lyon is the Governor of Bayelsa State. If e still dey pain you, locate the nearest Transformer. grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by solmusdesigns: 5:58am On Nov 19, 2019
who told you the Dubai royal ruling family aint corrupt or they dont do all you listed?

Dubai growth was only possible because with just a million citizen they have 2.3 million bpd of brent crude oil, while Nigeria produces 2.5 million with 200 million citizens...

even at that Dubai (UAE) is one of the most indebted countries in the world toping the list countries like US, UK, France Singapore... however what they make from oil, toll gating(solik), investment like Etihad, Emirate air and Etisalat and tourism takes care of their debt servicing and give them extra money to share arround to their citizens while simply saving their crude oil dollars in thei foreign reserve

Now should APC propose a borrowing plan that would eliminate corruption by making the chinese banks finance Infrastructure(Airport, Tolled Road,RailRoad) directly and we pay back for 30 years, Nigerians would scream their lungs out on how we are being recolonized by china, SANs like Falana, Prof like Soyinka, PDP and CAN would kick and throw insults

Venerable612:

Do you know why we have such problems?

It’s the current party structure.

Do you know how many party big wigs this man had visited in the short time he was elected?

THOSE ARE THE STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE HE WILL FEED WITH BAYELSA’s MONEY.

1. He must pay his dues, because the others did.
He has to finance elections of other states.

2. He must Award contracts in Bayelsa to these people’s shadow companies

3. He must Give their candidates political positions

4. He must Contribute consistently to the party cause and pay touts to kill and cause trouble to ensure they retain ALL senatorial seats, House of Reps and House of Assembly.

5. Worst still, he must also begin to build a channel of wealth for his kids and unborn generation too.

APC or PDP - they are birds of same plumage.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by FakeManna: 5:58am On Nov 19, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

who told you the Dubai royal ruling family aint corrupt or they dont do all you listed?

Dubai growth was only possible because with just a million citizen they have 2.3 million bpd of brent crude oil, while Nigeria produces 2.5 million with 200 million citizens...

even at that Dubai (UAE) is one of the most indebted countries in the world toping the list countries like US, UK, France... however what they make from oil, toll gating(solik), investment like Etihad, Emirate air and Etisalat and tourism takes care of their debt servicing and give them extra money to share arround to their citizens while simply saving their crude oil dollars in thei foreign reserve

[/s]
Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by FakeManna: 5:59am On Nov 19, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

Lucky guy... the guy would simply adopt the APC governing template, he has enough resources at his dispossal and a strong Federal Government Backing, and as a rich man (FG contractor) he might not ordinarily be tempted to loot in the first term like Dickson a mere state house speaker who Jonathan package from the gutters

Very soon he would out class Apkabio, Udom and Wike in terms of infrastructural project due to the small size of Bayelsa

[/s]
Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by kayusely70(m): 6:04am On Nov 19, 2019
Beautiful Family
Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by FakeManna: 6:12am On Nov 19, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

even at that Dubai (UAE) is one of the most indebted countries in the world toping the list countries like US, UK, France Singapore... however what they make from oil, toll gating(solik), investment like Etihad, Emirate air and Etisalat and tourism takes care of their debt servicing and give them extra money to share arround to their citizens while simply saving their crude oil dollars in thei foreign reserve

Now should APC propose a borrowing plan that would eliminate corruption by making the chinese banks finance Infrastructure(Airport, Tolled Road,RailRoad) directly and we pay back for 30 years, Nigerians would scream their lungs out on how we are being recolonized by china, SANs like Falana, Prof like Soyinka, PDP and CAN would kick and throw insults

[/s]
Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by contigiency(m): 6:23am On Nov 19, 2019
It's like there is a link between marrying a beautiful woman and being a governor. A check revealed that almost all the governors have beautiful wives. I mean natural beauty and not artificial beauty from chemicals and surgeries. And now comes David Lyon's wife.
Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by contigiency(m): 6:34am On Nov 19, 2019
Goddex:

jejelly defected APC.

You people have started cooking up tantrums already? This man as far as am concerned, was destined to lift people out of poverty. And he exhibited much of it before ever thinking of being in leadership position. So this current position I think is a way God wants to help him touch many lives positively.

I am not from bayelsa rather from Ebonyi state, but what we have been hearing has been his philanthropic activities towards all and sundry especially the poor and the down trodden.

Even judging by his victory, other political party members were rejoicing for his victory even PDP. Not to talk of how people in rural and Riverside areas suffered to vote and work for his victory. See pictures below.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by babyfaceafrica: 6:41am On Nov 19, 2019
Goddex:

jejelly defected APC.

there is no clean politician anywhere,that is why this world is like this,politics is about compromise,(good and bad) if you get to elective post clean,you won't leave clean!!!
Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by dontro(m): 6:49am On Nov 19, 2019
Congratulations, governor elect!
Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by ruggedtimi(m): 7:13am On Nov 19, 2019
The first daughter no be here
Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by Venerable612(m): 7:18am On Nov 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:

I am not entirely sure whether you are validating Nigeria’s corruption but you are BLATANTLY wrong.

Your comments are also full of contradictions. While I would not normally reply a comment full of contradictions like yours, I would make an exception because there are others who come here to read intelligent comments and learn.

1. I did not mention that Dubai authorities were not corrupt.
I simply mentioned that our party structure makes our leaders ineffective. Read my comments again.

2. Now even if I concede, as I did above, that Dubai (UAE) authorities were corrupt, it is not in the scale and manner with which Nigerian politicians are. The truth is, every country in the world has corrupt governments - but the scale and manners are different.

3. Again, Your analogy of UAE’s ruling families (which are an undemocraticatically unelected, absolute monarchy), to Nigeria’s elected officials is logically flawed.

4. Again, quite contradictorily - you mentioned Dubai’s success is only possible because they produce 300 thousand more barrels then Nigeria, and they have just a million citizen.

What you should ask yourself is how the production system and data of Dubai is miles ahead of Nigeria. What is the root cause of Nigeria’s lower capacity...?

Does Dubai government have to export their crude oil and purchase them back from the whites?

Why can Dangote afford to build a refinery and the Nigerian government of over 50 years could not build a working refinery?

Ans: Corruption. Some cabals make money off these current system. But Dubai officials would not have that. They would rather have the crude oil produced internally and retain the wealth and strength of their economy.

5. You went on to mention how Dubai has been able to invest in real estate, air lines and tourism.

Again, the same root cause is the above.

Last night I was on phone with an Honourable member of the House of Assembly for my village and other local governments, on a project I was considering help with.

He categorically told me that the money for the constituency PROJECT for The remaining part of this year, he has shared it across all the wards and he is sorry he can’t do anything.

We are talking of projects that will benefit the entire village - He has shared the money to different stomachs.

My brother - quit grammar. Nigerian leaders are too corrupt to do anything meaningful in government. Because, IF THEY DONT, THEY WILL NOT BE RE-ELECTED.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 19, 2019
Cool.
Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by Religion6: 7:48am On Nov 19, 2019
Venerable612:

I am not entirely sure whether you are validating Nigeria’s corruption but you are BLATANTLY wrong.

Your comments are also full of contradictions. While I would not normally reply a comment full of contradictions like yours, I would make an exception because there are others who come here to read intelligent comments and learn.

I simply mentioned that our party structure makes our leaders ineffective. Read my comments again.

2. Now even if I concede, as I did above, that Dubai (UAE) authorities were corrupt, it is not in the scale and manner with which Nigerian politicians are. The truth is, every country in the world has corrupt governments - but the scale and manners are different.

3. Again, Your analogy of UAE’s ruling families (which are an undemocraticatically unelected, absolute monarchy), to Nigeria’s elected officials is logically flawed.

4. Again, quite contradictorily - you mentioned Dubai’s success is only possible because they produce 300 thousand more barrels then Nigeria, and they have just a million citizen.

What you should ask yourself is how the production system and data of Dubai is miles ahead of Nigeria. What is the root cause of Nigeria’s lower capacity...?

Does Dubai government have to export their crude oil and purchase them back from the whites?

Why can Dangote afford to build a refinery and the Nigerian government of over 50 years could not build a working refinery?

Ans: Corruption. Some cabals make money off these current system. But Dubai officials would not have that. They would rather have the crude oil produced internally and retain the wealth and strength of their economy.

5. You went on to mention how Dubai has been able to invest in real estate, air lines and tourism.

Last night I was on phone with an Honourable member of the House of Assembly for my village and other local governments, on a project I was considering help with.

He categorically told me that the money for the constituency PROJECT for The remaining part of this year, he has shared it across all the wards and he is sorry he can’t do anything.

We are talking of projects that will benefit the entire village - He has shared the money to different stomachs.

My brother - quit grammar. Nigerian leaders are too corrupt to do anything meaningful in government. Because, IF THEY DONT, THEY WILL NOT BE RE-ELECTED.
I admire your intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by Venerable612(m): 8:01am On Nov 19, 2019
Religion6:

I admire your intelligence.

Thank you sir
Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by Goddex: 11:02am On Nov 19, 2019
Jabioro:
Make your report official,with enough evidence otherwise your case will be empty..Or you will be changed for blasphemy..No clean hand ever take up the mantle of governance in Nigeria..

I don't need to petition anyone.
I didn't catch anyone red-handed stealing crude oil.

But, there have been numerous reports, local and international, about crude oil theft.
It's just logical to question the men watching over the pipelines - David Lyon inclusive
Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by nlPoster: 11:05am On Nov 19, 2019
contigiency:

. . .

Your pictures show dedication.
Re: Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) by movingclouds(m): 11:38am On Nov 19, 2019
Venerable612:

Momma must be proud of you... Intelligent!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adewole Adebayo: Poor Governance, The Root Of Nigeria’s Insecurity / Massive Protest In Owerri / Graphic Photos: Boyfriend Locked Girlfriend In Pit For 8months For Money Rituals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.