Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,462 members, 7,854,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:53 AM

- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / - (2129 Views)

$350 Million Divided By 180 Million People In Nigeria / Buhari Collected 2 Bullet Proof Cars From The Nsa And $350,000 In Cash - FFK / Kaduna Govt Vows To Pursue $350 Million World Bank Loan Despite Senate Objection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

- by Nobody: 4:49am On Nov 19, 2019
-
Re: - by rottennaija(m): 5:20am On Nov 19, 2019
You need to provide more details
Re: - by karbarsar(m): 5:22am On Nov 19, 2019
Space booked. Beware of 419
Re: - by Nobody: 5:24am On Nov 19, 2019
-

2 Likes

Re: - by slimfit1(m): 7:51am On Nov 19, 2019
Waste of our resources this is not going to add to our development, it is going to put a strain to it. Look at Abuja stadium, Lagos. Why don't you use the money to build industrial estate where factories and industries can be put up to produce most of the products we import for goodness sake.
Olympic time comes now we go home with no medal.

Why do we think like monkeys in this country

3 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 19, 2019
-

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by slimfit1(m): 8:10am On Nov 19, 2019
BeachTime:
It's just a business idea . Is Abuja stadium a sports center ?Does Abuja stadium have museum and all the other facililites mentioned in this vision? What features does Abuja stadium offer ?

Having the sports center in Akwa ibom is a great venture which would generate $50 to $100 million dollars per year and employ 2000 people . that's a great source of IGR.
Manufacturing is also important for Internal generated Revenue .

It will only work in a competitive environment. Look at Temipa or whatever the name is i don't hear it anymore.
Re: - by Edygrin(m): 8:25am On Nov 19, 2019
slimfit1:

It will only work in a competitive environment. Look at Temipa or whatever the name is i don't hear it anymore.
and where do u regard as a competitive environment?
Re: - by Edygrin(m): 8:26am On Nov 19, 2019
slimfit1:
Waste of our resources this is not going to add to our development, it is going to put a strain to it. Look at Abuja stadium, Lagos. Why don't you use the money to build industrial estate where factories and industries can be put up to produce most of the products we import for goodness sake.
Olympic time comes now we go home with no medal.

Why do we think like monkeys in this country
is it the state government's job to build an industrial estate?
Re: - by slimfit1(m): 8:29am On Nov 19, 2019
Edygrin:
and where do u regard as a competitive environment?

Sport is all about competition who is the state competiting with? What is the reward?
You don't just build something without a clear vision both present and future. It is a white elephant. A big waste of resources.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - by slimfit1(m): 8:32am On Nov 19, 2019
Edygrin:
is it the state government's job to build an industrial estate?

So it is the state job to build sport centre or to loot our resources? Look i can't even be bothered to build a house in my village because of the present situation in Nigeria.

Why should I when I know that my children are not going to live there. We are not attracting investors and we are not people that investors would like to invest in don't let me lie to you. I speak to people the moment they know you are Nigeria the deal is off. Listen to me our name is worth nothing a cup of water or even cup of coffee is more attractive than us.
Re: - by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 19, 2019
Re: - by chriskosherbal(m): 8:36am On Nov 19, 2019
Hmmmm that project if engage is really going to cost money . grin
Re: - by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 19, 2019
-

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 19, 2019
-
Re: - by Edygrin(m): 8:59am On Nov 19, 2019
slimfit1:

So it is the state job to build sport centre or to loot our resources? Look i can't even be bothered to build a house in my village because of the present situation in Nigeria.

Why should I when I know that my children are not going to live there. We are not attracting investors and we are not people that investors would like to invest in don't let me lie to you. I speak to people the moment they know you are Nigeria the deal is off. Listen to me our name is worth nothing a cup of water or even cup of coffee is more attractive than us.
With the mentality you have, I'm sure there's nothing the government will do that will please you. You'd rather the country remain stagnant all because you feel the government officials will loot all the money

1 Like

Re: - by Edygrin(m): 9:03am On Nov 19, 2019
slimfit1:

Sport is all about competition who is the state competiting with? What is the reward?
You don't just build something without a clear vision both present and future. It is a white elephant. A big waste of resources.
and if you don't have the infrastructure were will competition come from?

Just take the Nigerian league for example, don't you think if we had better stadiums with good pitches it would make people want to go and watch the league, there by bringing in sponsors who in turn bring their investments which boasts the Economy?

1 Like

Re: - by Kokolet11: 9:05am On Nov 19, 2019
rottennaija:
You need to provide me with re details
See this one oooh, who are you that he need to provide details for you.
Re: - by slimfit1(m): 9:05am On Nov 19, 2019
Edygrin:

With the mentality you have, I'm sure there's nothing the government will do that will please. You'd rather the country remain stagnant all because you feel the government officials will loot all the money

It is a good idea when we have vast resources but dangerous when demand for oil is dying gradually.
Re: - by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 19, 2019
Re: - by slimfit1(m): 9:10am On Nov 19, 2019
Edygrin:

With the mentality you have, I'm sure there's nothing the government will do that will please. You'd rather the country remain stagnant all because you feel the government officials will loot all the money

It is a good idea when we have vast resources but dangerous when demand for oil is dying gradually. Even if it is tourism based on our culture its most likely to attract people and better.
You talk of sport when even the commissioner of sport has pot belle. My man it is a bad investment.
Re: - by Edygrin(m): 9:11am On Nov 19, 2019
slimfit1:

It is a good idea when we have vast resources but dangerous when demand for oil is dying gradually.
Who told you demand for oil is dwindling?.. Is it the sun that will power the vast majority of airplanes going into circulation or the trains? And how many electric cars are in production and the power plants?.... My brother forget the brainwashing. Crude oil will still be needed and refined in years to come
Re: - by slimfit1(m): 9:15am On Nov 19, 2019
Edygrin:

Who told you demand for oil is dwindling?.. Is it electricity that will power the vast majority of airplanes going into circulation or the trains? And how many electric cars are in production and the power plants?.... My brother forget the brainwashing. Crude oil will still be needed and refined in years to come

Most countries have new techniques for extracting oil. Some are discovering oil in their backyard. Technology moves really fast my brother not everyone has the time to waste like us
Re: - by Edygrin(m): 9:16am On Nov 19, 2019
BeachTime:
Private individuals should create jobs.All Akwacross people should do a soul searching and go back to their land and create manufacturing jobs .Take back and share whatever knowledge,methods or wisdom you have acquired to the Akwacross people. Tell as many people as you can to embed the idea into their consciousness. .
I will be in Nigeria soon with a group of friends to survey prospects of starting manufacturing companies which will create jobs for thousands of people . And the market for most of the products is not even in Nigeria , I just want to the Akwcross to be better.
To the Akwa ibom people who live in developed nations what plans do you have to contribute to your fatherland? don't just sit there like a coward expecting the government to do everything . The Chinese are doing it . think about what you can contribute to make the Akwacross better. You can't just run away from your place.
Perfect! Private individuals should create jobs, the government provides an enabling environment and security including infrastructure. That's how it should be
Re: - by Edygrin(m): 9:19am On Nov 19, 2019
slimfit1:

Most countries have new techniques for extracting oil. Some are discovering oil in their backyard. Technology moves really fast my brother not everyone has the time to waste like us
Lol. You're now contradicting yourself, tecnology moves really fast and we're wasting time yet a fellow brought up a nice idea and you condemned it.... What do we want in this country?

1 Like

Re: - by slimfit1(m): 9:23am On Nov 19, 2019
Edygrin:
and if you don't have the infrastructure were will competition come from?

Just take the Nigerian league for example, don't you think if we had better stadiums with good pitches it would make people want to go and watch the league, there by bringing in sponsors who in turn bring their investments which boasts the Economy?

Brother stadium is not the problem bad marketing is the problem. Turn to Nigerian news and they are more concern about Chelsea and Manchester United than the ones in their door step, which is undermining our own league.
Look at our leagues all sort of magical tricks are happening making it less interesting to watch on it own.
Re: - by slimfit1(m): 9:25am On Nov 19, 2019
Edygrin:
Lol. You're now contradicting yourself, tecnology moves really fast and we're wasting time yet a fellow brought up a nice idea and you condemned it.... What do we want in this country?

We need factories and industries than we need sport centres it is a fact.
Re: - by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 19, 2019
Re: - by Edygrin(m): 9:32am On Nov 19, 2019
slimfit1:

Brother stadium is not the problem bad marketing is the problem. Turn to Nigerian news and they are more concern about Chelsea and Manchester United than the ones in their door step, which is undermining our own league.
Look at our leagues all sort of magical tricks are happening making it less interesting to watch on it own.
now bad marketing is a problem no more the government. You can never market substandard goods. If we had stadiums like Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge then more Nigerians will troop into them to watch matches. I remember vividly the Akwa ibom stadium opening ceremony, people came from all over the country to watch Nigeria play, not really because of the match but because they wanted to see the facility. In my opinion South Africa have the best league in Africa not because the people are more passionate to football than Nigerians but because the have world class facilities.
Re: - by Edygrin(m): 9:34am On Nov 19, 2019
slimfit1:

We need factories and industries than we need sport centres it is a fact.
Then why not build a factory? Or buy one of many abandoned factories all over the country
Re: - by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 19, 2019
-
Re: - by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 19, 2019
--

(1) (2) (Reply)

Burna Boy Shades Bashir Ahmad (photo) / The Secret History Of Mr Allen Onyema’s Wealth / President Buhari's Birthday Cake Was Not Made In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.