Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now (30027 Views)

This Girl Is Missing For More Than Three Weeks Now / Chicago Prison Where Hushpuppi Is Being Held / Lady Abandoned With The Bills By Her Date, Creates A Scene After Being Held (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Sirmuel1(m): 11:44am On Nov 21, 2019
Talk to Segun Awosanya on Twitter. If your Friend is innocent, he will be out in few hours.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Bigcowhorn: 11:45am On Nov 21, 2019
victorava:
Okay, thanks. I will do that.

When you post it boast it by paying for ads. You will sleep and wake up and the reach will shock you. Be shure to add... 'please retweet till someone in power sees this'

DSS will DM you direct.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Vacora(m): 11:47am On Nov 21, 2019
Viking007:
All these people you mentioned can't do anything than make online noise. Sowore is still imprisoned.

If you were in same situation I bet you’d wish your friends and family will pursue every lead or avenue. Why don’t pull your thumb out? At least they are not comfortable sitting on their hands.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Winterex: 11:48am On Nov 21, 2019
Nigerians are fulfilling scripture that says.....pray without ceasing! grin have a great day.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Seikiri(m): 11:49am On Nov 21, 2019
Ausrichie:

These ones they are hypnotised no hope of saving 'Em. They are so myopic that they never ask themselves what if there is no heaven or God. After all it is only a book that they live by.

People like you are the ones God used to show himself to like Paul in the Bible....u will soon see him.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by seborrhic: 11:49am On Nov 21, 2019
izzou:
Maybe you should make it trend on twitter.

Tag some of these social media activists, peradventure, they may respond

Since when Buhari came in, our DSS officials have been using Beats by Dre. Dem no dey hear anybody own

So sorry for your friend
Trend keh.
In today's Nigeria if the guy was a critical of this satanic goverment,almost all the so called human rights activists and former self acclaimed social crusaders would go into ghost mode or feign they didn't even see his plea for help.
Some would even quickly block the friend from tagging them.
The country has gone not just to the dogs,but the pigs as well.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Holuwaseun187: 11:50am On Nov 21, 2019
Tell your lawyer to File a Fundamental Enforcement Suit at the federal High Court Immediately its as simple as that
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by LegoxMetahuman: 11:50am On Nov 21, 2019
izzou:
Maybe you should make it trend on twitter.

Tag some of these social media activists, peradventure, they may respond

Since when Buhari came in, our DSS officials have been using Beats by Dre. Dem no dey hear anybody own

So sorry for your friend
h\

buhari has empowered these people so hard that they now see themselves as gods.

useless president.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by MJBOLT: 11:51am On Nov 21, 2019
last time i checked it was religious zombies like you that eat grass because a man asked you to

[s]
slimfit1:

God of host, give this man conscience or something to think like a human being not like a cow.
[/s]

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Viking007(m): 11:51am On Nov 21, 2019
Vacora:

If you were in same situation I bet you’d wish your friends and family will pursue every lead or avenue. Why don’t pull your thumb out? At least they are not comfortable sitting on their hands.
Being emotional won't change the facts. Until Nigerians begin to have sense, they will kidnap all of us and nothing will happen.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by adanny01(m): 11:51am On Nov 21, 2019
victorava:
Hello Nairalanders

Two weeks back, my friend was apprehended by DSS officers from his residence in Lagos state and we have not heard from him.

I was driving out with him, immediately they saw us, they surrounded us and started asking questions. We now discovered that it was my friend that they were looking for. They collected his phones and followed him to his room to change his clothes. When I asked them what his offense was, they told me that they would like to ask him one or two questions.

They told me to meet them at their office and when I got there, I was not allowed access to their office. The officer at the gate told me that there was no such arrest. It was on Friday. I went there on Monday together with his wife and brother which was the following week, we were still denied access. They officer at the gate told us that if he's truly here that nothing will happen to him. He told us that anyone who is apprehended is not allowed to see anybody until after investigation.

We paid a Lawyer to go there the following day and the Lawyer eventually gained access, he was told that my friend was taken to Abuja the following day they arrested him.

We contacted a Lawyer in Abuja to go there and he was not allowed to see my friend. They told him to submit an application that they would get back to him. After few days, they did not contact him. He decided to go there this week and was denied access.

My friend has a wife and two kids, the wife has not been herself since this incident happened. She's been traumatized. She just wants to be sure if her husband is truly there.

Please Nairalander, I need your advice on the necessary steps I should take to be able to see my friend. Sorry for the long write up.

Admin please help me move this to front page, it is very urgent.

Tears came to my eyes reading this.

I get angry when I read such injustice but the situation is just hopeless. This will not happen if you or your friend have a connection to a Senator or Minister.

No one will compensate the family for all the emotional trauma or the loss of livelihood. This is plain kidnap by government agents but an ordinary Nigerian will never get justice.

May God help Nigerians.

8 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by seborrhic: 11:53am On Nov 21, 2019
Larryfest:
What's the difference between this government and Abacha's government ehn
One was in uniform,the order in agbada and danshiki.
The dress is the only difference.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Toceenay(m): 11:54am On Nov 21, 2019
Bro, take a drastic steps before its too late.

I'll advice you go to Abuja, at Human Right Radio... A program called Embelembe is air live every day on Nigerians denied their rights.
Make sure you have details and information about the issue and proof that he's taking by them. Let your friend's wife and some family members be there. It may be difficult to gain access but with women and kids present they'll want to attend to such ones first.

Or other Radio stations or newspapers you know that can help you make it public.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Viking007(m): 11:54am On Nov 21, 2019
seborrhic:

Trend keh.
In today's Nigeria if the guy was a critical of this satanic goverment,almost all the so called human rights activists and former self acclaimed social crusaders would go into ghost mode or feign they didn't even see his plea for help.
Some would even quickly block the friend from tagging them.
The country has gone not just to the dogs,but the pigs as well.
cheesy The Babcock sex video that was posted less than 24hrs ago has become a national movement. But post a video of disturbing human rights abuses, nobody will even open the link.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Venerable612(m): 11:54am On Nov 21, 2019
Viking007:
[s][/s]Crap. The DSS that has been refusing to release people despite several Court orders must be from Mars.

Bro...

Do you have another solution for him?

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Ventura1: 11:57am On Nov 21, 2019
So sorry about your friend's plight, what was your reaction when Sowore was abducted by DSS? Were you among those mocking him?

Your friend issue is another reasons why collective efforts are needed to save our country.

Can you share some questions DSS asked your friend?

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Viking007(m): 11:57am On Nov 21, 2019
Venerable612:

Bro...

Do you have another solution for him?
cheesy cheesy My brother, there's no hope. He'll only be released AFTER the DSS is through with him. But let it not be as if nothing is being done. He can go to court as you've suggested.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by gustav25: 11:58am On Nov 21, 2019
Asquare84:

Try and see a pastor for prayers there is nothing prayer can't change

This one is gone....no hope for redemption
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by shadeyinka(m): 11:58am On Nov 21, 2019
Odogu9195:

If you ever wonder what is wrong with our country, here is your answer! Stop passing religion like a generational wealth, teach your kids I repeat teach your kids not to pray away their problems but rather face their problems and struggles head on. Europe and Asia are growing exponentially in terms of economic growth and so on, Africa is left behind because we only care about Jesus and his Return. I rest my case
Can you not see that you are an example of why Africa and in particular Nigeria is backward. A myopic thinker who conclude the the reason for our technological backwardness is because we pray more.

You are one of the reasons why we are why we are like this: shallow thinking!

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Grace001: 11:59am On Nov 21, 2019
USELESS COUNTRY
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Viking007(m): 12:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
Bigcowhorn:

When you post it boast it by paying for ads. You will sleep and wake up and the reach will shock you. Be shure to add... 'please retweet till someone in power sees this'

DSS will DM you direct.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by bot101(m): 12:01pm On Nov 21, 2019
Dannieln1:
Nigeria is a jungle where there is no such thing as rule of law...
In a saner community once you're arrested the first thing you're granted access to is a lawyer.
Who did this to Nigeria

Don't Relent bro keep pushing, if you've contact of one Godfather put a call to him and let the lawyer keep going there till granted access to your friend.
You can also use Human Right activist that's if your friend is innocent o

Most important of all BELIEVE IN GOD..

This is the problem with Nigerians, everyone is innocent UNTIL proven guilty!!! So, yes, he is innocent, and the DSS is committing a crime against said person.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by poiZon: 12:01pm On Nov 21, 2019
Odogu9195:

If you ever wonder what is wrong with our country, here is your answer! Stop passing religion like a generational wealth, teach your kids I repeat teach your kids not to pray away their problems but rather face their problems and struggles head on. Europe and Asia are growing exponentially in terms of economic growth and so on, Africa is left behind because we only care about Jesus and his Return. I rest my case
Brodah odogu so u dont want to make heaven?
Ehwu....
God oooo.... This life us fanity upon fanity....
Na so dem dey talk o, but every sunday u go pay tithe, seed of faith, development offerng, general offering, pastors offering, welfare offering....
My brodah it is well o
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Grace001: 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2019
Asquare84:

Try and see a pastor for prayers there is nothing prayer can't change

How about he see a pastor and ask him to go to DSS office for him, not only for prayers.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by hustla(m): 12:04pm On Nov 21, 2019
victorava:
Hello Nairalanders

Two weeks back, my friend was apprehended by DSS officers from his residence in Lagos state and we have not heard from him.

I was driving out with him, immediately they saw us, they surrounded us and started asking questions. We now discovered that it was my friend that they were looking for. They collected his phones and followed him to his room to change his clothes. When I asked them what his offense was, they told me that they would like to ask him one or two questions.

They told me to meet them at their office and when I got there, I was not allowed access to their office. The officer at the gate told me that there was no such arrest. It was on Friday. I went there on Monday together with his wife and brother which was the following week, we were still denied access. They officer at the gate told us that if he's truly here that nothing will happen to him. He told us that anyone who is apprehended is not allowed to see anybody until after investigation.

We paid a Lawyer to go there the following day and the Lawyer eventually gained access, he was told that my friend was taken to Abuja the following day they arrested him.

We contacted a Lawyer in Abuja to go there and he was not allowed to see my friend. They told him to submit an application that they would get back to him. After few days, they did not contact him. He decided to go there this week and was denied access.

My friend has a wife and two kids, the wife has not been herself since this incident happened. She's been traumatized. She just wants to be sure if her husband is truly there.

Please Nairalander, I need your advice on the necessary steps I should take to be able to see my friend. Sorry for the long write up.

Admin please help me move this to front page, it is very urgent.

Go on Twitter

Follow and Mention these handles with your issue

@Segalink @SubDeliveryZone @Gidi_Traffic

And then wait..
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by igbsam(m): 12:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
Post his picture, call them out on social media.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Obiaksnews: 12:07pm On Nov 21, 2019
This particular friend of yours, don't you think it would be better for you to release his identity so that those who know him and might be able to fight his course would be able to identify him and actually provide help. from your above write up about this friend of yours, no one can confirm his identity or authenticity of the story,since he is nameless.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by seangy4konji: 12:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
This story bring tears to mY face...

Why are we being treated like this as citizens if Nigeria ..we have no right.

In sane Climes you gave to tell me mY offence before you arrest me..

Almighty USA.. If Donald trump come before to your yard without been invited he will be shot..

Why is our country and officers this stupid and corrupt

Why??

May God help your friend..am sure this matter is being looked into...maybe you left a track after dissing DAT bastard called buhari...the heardman that has or want to turn we in south and west into heardmen has he gas use poverty to impoverished his families up north while his sons are in Germany and UK and he flies up and down on our money...his errand dogs DSS,efcc. Clamp down on you once you are fine..u can't drive Benz or Jaguar again..but his Son can ride power bike..may God punish him..

Maybe na konda he think we soppose deh use walk up and down...is everybody soppose to be poor in life??while d bastard is using 8 months Broad. While we can't breathe here..may God punish buhari family. Just spare d wife...

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
Sani Abacha Regime...

Wish Buhary was here to see what is happening...
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2019
Viking007:
[s][/s]Crap. The DSS that has been refusing to release people despite several Court orders must be from Mars.

Please, don't discourage him.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by mokane28: 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2019
�☝️

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Charles Uwagbale: NDLEA Arrests Drug Lord, Recovers 12.4million Pills Of Opioids / Palm Fruit Thief Stripped And Paraded Unclad By Mob (photos) / ABSU Cult Killing Was Planned In MOUAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.