Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now (30018 Views)

This Girl Is Missing For More Than Three Weeks Now / Chicago Prison Where Hushpuppi Is Being Held / Lady Abandoned With The Bills By Her Date, Creates A Scene After Being Held (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by goshen26: 11:30am On Nov 21, 2019
izzou:
Maybe you should make it trend on twitter.

Tag some of these social media activists, peradventure, they may respond

Since when Buhari came in, our DSS officials have been using Beats by Dre. Dem no dey hear anybody own

So sorry for your friend

I think this is the best answer so far

5 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by ikorodureporta: 11:30am On Nov 21, 2019
hope say no b adultnapping
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Vacora(m): 11:31am On Nov 21, 2019
Contact @segalink and @Amnesty International Nigeria on Twitter. All the best and keep us updated. You are a good friend. Don’t get despondent or disheartened though it is a tough situation

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by ArticleBeast: 11:31am On Nov 21, 2019
ednut1:
what is his occupation Car dealer, blogger or wetin
Very important question

9 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Seikiri(m): 11:32am On Nov 21, 2019
Odogu9195:

If you ever wonder what is wrong with our country, here is your answer! Stop passing religion like a generational wealth, teach your kids I repeat teach your kids not to pray away their problems but rather face their problems and struggles head on. Europe and Asia are growing exponentially in terms of economic growth and so on, Africa is left behind because we only care about Jesus and his Return. I rest my case

What shall it profit a man if he gained the whole world and lose his soul?

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by backnbeta(f): 11:32am On Nov 21, 2019
What does he do for a living?
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by RZArecta2(m): 11:33am On Nov 21, 2019
Sai baba cool
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by wolverine1987: 11:33am On Nov 21, 2019
victorava:
Hello Nairalanders

Two weeks back, my friend was apprehended by DSS officers from his residence in Lagos state and we have not heard from him.

I was driving out with him, immediately they saw us, they surrounded us and started asking questions. We now discovered that it was my friend that they were looking for. They collected his phones and followed him to his room to change his clothes. When I asked them what his offense was, they told me that they would like to ask him one or two questions.

They told me to meet them at their office and when I got there, I was not allowed access to their office. The officer at the gate told me that there was no such arrest. It was on Friday. I went there on Monday together with his wife and brother which was the following week, we were still denied access. They officer at the gate told us that if he's truly here that nothing will happen to him. He told us that anyone who is apprehended is not allowed to see anybody until after investigation.

We paid a Lawyer to go there the following day and the Lawyer eventually gained access, he was told that my friend was taken to Abuja the following day they arrested him.

We contacted a Lawyer in Abuja to go there and he was not allowed to see my friend. They told him to submit an application that they would get back to him. After few days, they did not contact him. He decided to go there this week and was denied access.

My friend has a wife and two kids, the wife has not been herself since this incident happened. She's been traumatized. She just wants to be sure if her husband is truly there.

Please Nairalander, I need your advice on the necessary steps I should take to be able to see my friend. Sorry for the long write up.

Admin please help me move this to front page, it is very urgent.

Did ur friend apply for DSS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Amarisa(f): 11:33am On Nov 21, 2019
backnbeta:
What does he do for a living?

Op pls answer..

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by skytouch2(f): 11:33am On Nov 21, 2019
Op,

I expect you to give the names of your friend perhaps dss spoke person can confirm if they have him

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by SalamRushdie: 11:33am On Nov 21, 2019
People are really missing in Nigeria ooo..What line of business is your friend into ..for them to come with 2 Hilux says they take him serious

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by tunjilee003: 11:34am On Nov 21, 2019
What has happened to the law of hebeas corpus....well You should expect that in a jungle republic..... Try and pester your friend if he is not into any shady deal. ..

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Viking007(m): 11:34am On Nov 21, 2019
Asquare84:

Try and see a pastor for prayers there is nothing prayer can't change
cheesy
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 21, 2019
Asquare84:

Chai seriously this is all you could suggest. You are not being fair to the guy. See to the guy that posted this keep on trying with the lawyer shit and also try to get the attention of activists. Africa is a jungle filled with savages and cave people. We the few that don't want to get involved get hurt by the catastrophic system.

7 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by MJBOLT: 11:35am On Nov 21, 2019
prayers have not changed nigeria or nigerians

[s]
Asquare84:

[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Jaymoney5000(m): 11:35am On Nov 21, 2019
Before we thought prayer was the solution to all problems but it seems some elders here don't buy the idea anymore lol grin grin grin

God please help NIGERIA so we can believe more in you because it's obvious that most people are tired...

Your Friend is safe bruh and no matter how you keep going about getting him out from detention still pray for him

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by SenecaTheYonger: 11:36am On Nov 21, 2019
victorava:
No. They came with two Hilux and two other vehicles with DSS written on them. Some of them wore DSS uniforms and some wore mofty.

I hope your friend is not an Igbo guy that makes inciting comments on Facebook using his picture and then saying "Nothing dey happen".

Contact www.nairaland.com/saynotocultism

Cc: saynotocultism he's the only Nairaland DSS i may ever know. Hope your story is true too.

Contact @segalink on Twitter.

Goodluck and GOD bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by slimfit1(m): 11:37am On Nov 21, 2019
Jah Jehovah show Buhari your power. You did not detain us despite out sins Lord of host put an end to this drama Lord of host. Any man, born of a woman who wants to put us into bondage in our own land put him to shame in Jesus name.
Lord put an end to these act of brutality in Jesus name.

16 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by JoanHicks(f): 11:37am On Nov 21, 2019
victorava:
Hello Nairalanders

Two weeks back, my friend was apprehended by DSS officers from his residence in Lagos state and we have not heard from him.

I was driving out with him, immediately they saw us, they surrounded us and started asking questions. We now discovered that it was my friend that they were looking for. They collected his phones and followed him to his room to change his clothes. When I asked them what his offense was, they told me that they would like to ask him one or two questions.

They told me to meet them at their office and when I got there, I was not allowed access to their office. The officer at the gate told me that there was no such arrest. It was on Friday. I went there on Monday together with his wife and brother which was the following week, we were still denied access. They officer at the gate told us that if he's truly here that nothing will happen to him. He told us that anyone who is apprehended is not allowed to see anybody until after investigation.

We paid a Lawyer to go there the following day and the Lawyer eventually gained access, he was told that my friend was taken to Abuja the following day they arrested him.

We contacted a Lawyer in Abuja to go there and he was not allowed to see my friend. They told him to submit an application that they would get back to him. After few days, they did not contact him. He decided to go there this week and was denied access.

My friend has a wife and two kids, the wife has not been herself since this incident happened. She's been traumatized. She just wants to be sure if her husband is truly there.

Please Nairalander, I need your advice on the necessary steps I should take to be able to see my friend. Sorry for the long write up.

What is his work
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Eteka1(m): 11:38am On Nov 21, 2019
Were they armed and what kind of gun? If na AK47 then no be DSS.

5 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 21, 2019
Seikiri:

What shall it profit a man if he gained the whole world and lose his soul?
These ones they are hypnotised no hope of saving 'Em. They are so myopic that they never ask themselves what if there is no heaven or God. After all it is only a book that they live by.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by bahlow87(m): 11:38am On Nov 21, 2019
try @segalink on Twitter maybe it can help....
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Viking007(m): 11:39am On Nov 21, 2019
victorava:
Thanks for your advice. I don't think this country can work.
Is your friend active on nairaland? Or made comments against APC?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by MJBOLT: 11:40am On Nov 21, 2019
no one asked you to pray

[s]
slimfit1:
Jah Jehovah show Buhari your power. You did not detain us despite out sins Lord of host put an end to this drama Lord of host. Any man, born of a woman who wants to put us into bondage in our own land put him to shame in Jesus name.
Lord put an end to these act of brutality in Jesus name.
[/s]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 21, 2019
Asquare84:

Hmm
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Venerable612(m): 11:42am On Nov 21, 2019
victorava:
Hello Nairalanders

This is a one sided story.

The DSS don’t just arrest ordinary citizens without probable cause. It’s either you are not telling the full story, which is understandable, or your friend has hidden his personal dealings from you.

Either way - your best solution now is to instruct a Lawyer to take out a Fundamental Rights Claim in the Federal High Court, Abuja. HABEAS CORPUS specifically.

You will spend money - but no DSS will refuse a Federal High Court Order to produce a prisoner, and Release him if there is no probable cause to detain him.

Unconventionally, like someone mentioned earlier - try to use Social Media influencers on Twitter. Someone somewhere high up may listen and raise some questions on your behalf.

Regardless - the Federal High Court is your best bet.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Viking007(m): 11:42am On Nov 21, 2019
Vacora:
Contact @segalink and @Amnesty International Nigeria on Twitter. All the best and keep us updated. You are a good friend. Don’t get despondent or disheartened though it is a tough situation
All these people you mentioned can't do anything than make online noise. Sowore is still imprisoned.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by slimfit1(m): 11:43am On Nov 21, 2019
MJBOLT:
no one asked you to pray

[s][/s]

God of host, give this man conscience or something to think like a human being not like a cow.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Tinnytony24(m): 11:43am On Nov 21, 2019
Sounds more like kidnapping, if you ask me sad

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:44am On Nov 21, 2019
Hmmm DSS, The most corrupt branch of police force.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Viking007(m): 11:44am On Nov 21, 2019
[s]
Venerable612:

This is a one sided story.

The DSS don’t just arrest ordinary citizens without probable cause. It’s either you are not telling the full story, which is understandable, or your friend has hidden his personal dealings from you.

Either way - your best solution now is to instruct a Lawyer to take out a Fundamental Rights Claim in the Federal High Court, Abuja. HABEAS CORPUS specifically.

You will spend money - but no DSS will refuse a Federal High Court Order to produce a prisoner, and Release him if there is no probable cause to detain him.

Unconventionally, like someone mentioned earlier - try to use Social Media influencers on Twitter. Someone somewhere high up may listen and raise some questions on your behalf.

Regardless - the Federal High Court is your best.
[/s]Crap. The same DSS that has been refusing to release people despite several court orders.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tips To Help You Stay Safe From Getting Killed Or Kidnapped / How A Fraudster Raped My Girlfriend! / 5 Farmers Killed In Zongo-Akiki, Benue By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.