Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now (30024 Views)

This Girl Is Missing For More Than Three Weeks Now / Chicago Prison Where Hushpuppi Is Being Held / Lady Abandoned With The Bills By Her Date, Creates A Scene After Being Held (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by KenMosi: 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2019
4 bedroom bungalow mansion for SALE in ONITSHA.Asking price is 16 million naira, call/chat with the owner on whatsapp via 09032290584 to get more details and pictures of the house.

The house is a 4 mansion bungalow, it has 2 sitting rooms, all the bedrooms has toilet/bathroom, it has a big kitchen with store, the bigger sitting room has a toilet, the compound has 3 block dog cages and a parking store and generator house with an overhead tank.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by themanderon: 12:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
God delivered Nigeria from hell years back. Nigerians decided that they are better off in hell now they are back to where they were delivered from. Hell.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by bighorlus(m): 12:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
I'm sure your friend is with them, my brother in-law and his friend were picked up at seme boarder some years back on his way to school in bene republic.
Its a long story how we found out weeks later that he was there.
They don't respect lawyers, they will waste your days, you just have to keep going there.
Talk to segalink on Twitter. If you want his number I'll send to you.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by MSRA(m): 12:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
Ausrichie:

These ones they are hypnotised no hope of saving 'Em. They are so myopic that they never ask themselves what if there is no heaven or God. After all it is only a book that they live by.

and my good friend, have you ever asked yourself 'what if, just what if there is'? better to be hypnotized than to be deluded; especially the self inflicted type of delusion.

to the op, prayer is always the best starting point. but also do whatever you need to do. also pray for Divine leading & direction as to how best to go about securing your friend's release.

and most importantly don't forget to thank GOD when your friend comes home. which by GOD's grace, he surely will if he's innocent .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by slimfit1(m): 12:29pm On Nov 21, 2019
MJBOLT:
last time i checked it was religious zombies like you that eat grass because a man asked you to

[s][/s]

Watch
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by nurex01(m): 12:36pm On Nov 21, 2019
victorava:
No. They came with two Hilux and two other vehicles with DSS written on them. Some of them wore DSS uniforms and some wore mofty.
Sorry, for that. With God's help nothing is impossible. If his dealing is legit, he will be fine. NIGERIA is something else now. May God save us
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by AJSfan: 12:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
Donald95:

Nigerians pray alot and Chinese Pray less.

Check out how far between the two countries.

have you worked with or lived with Chinese before? If you haven't, then ask any of your friends who have. Stop being naive. Wch Chinese don't pray? They are more dedicated to their idol than an average religious Nigerian
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by MiosheEmpire1(m): 12:46pm On Nov 21, 2019
if truely ur fred did not commit any crime, den i can connect u wit one dss officer or better still make it trend on IG&TWITTER
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by LabDNA: 12:48pm On Nov 21, 2019
Venerable612:

This is a one sided story.

The DSS don’t just arrest ordinary citizens without probable cause. It’s either you are not telling the full story, which is understandable, or your friend has hidden his personal dealings from you.

Either way - your best solution now is to instruct a Lawyer to take out a Fundamental Rights Claim in the Federal High Court, Abuja. HABEAS CORPUS specifically.

You will spend money - but no DSS will refuse a Federal High Court Order to produce a prisoner, and Release him if there is no probable cause to detain him.

Unconventionally, like someone mentioned earlier - try to use Social Media influencers on Twitter. Someone somewhere high up may listen and raise some questions on your behalf.

Regardless - the Federal High Court is your best bet.

The same courts that DSS have been tearing up their worthless judgments and throwing it into trashcans as in Sowore's case?

You make me laugh. grin

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by sliqboy: 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2019
Even if the friend is guilty, He is entitled to a lawyer.

Dannieln1:
Nigeria is a jungle where there is no such thing as rule of law...
In a saner community once you're arrested the first thing you're granted access to is a lawyer.
Who did this to Nigeria

Don't Relent bro keep pushing, if you've contact of one Godfather put a call to him and let the lawyer keep going there till granted access to your friend.
You can also use Human Right activist that's if your friend is innocent o

Most important of all BELIEVE IN GOD..

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by VirginSearcher(m): 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2019
This is what Buhari has turned Nigeria into, it wasn't so bad like this.. sad!
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Dadaboy: 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2019
Asquare84:

Try and see a pastor for prayers there is nothing prayer can't change
You are very stupid
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2019
jieta:
Boss, I tire for we Nigerians, any little thing pray, you kick your leg on a stone pray, you have a bad dream pray what ever you are passing through pray we keep praying even when prayers are not needed. Some time is good we apply logic to some of our basic need not disturbing God morning and night

Baba even God told Mary and Joseph to run for their Lives when Herod threatened to kee Jesus. A whole God oo. Buh here in Nigeria pastors wee tell you the blood of God wee protect you! Smh

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Xbee007(m): 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2019
victorava:
Okay, thanks. I will do that.
Tag Amnesty International too. Nigeria is now a jungle where anything goes.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by BarrElChapo(m): 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2019
Carry all these facts and go quote segalink on Twitter. You should get a positive response

victorava:
Hello Nairalanders

Two weeks back, my friend was apprehended by DSS officers from his residence in Lagos state and we have not heard from him.

I was driving out with him, immediately they saw us, they surrounded us and started asking questions. We now discovered that it was my friend that they were looking for. They collected his phones and followed him to his room to change his clothes. When I asked them what his offense was, they told me that they would like to ask him one or two questions.

They told me to meet them at their office and when I got there, I was not allowed access to their office. The officer at the gate told me that there was no such arrest. It was on Friday. I went there on Monday together with his wife and brother which was the following week, we were still denied access. They officer at the gate told us that if he's truly here that nothing will happen to him. He told us that anyone who is apprehended is not allowed to see anybody until after investigation.

We paid a Lawyer to go there the following day and the Lawyer eventually gained access, he was told that my friend was taken to Abuja the following day they arrested him.

We contacted a Lawyer in Abuja to go there and he was not allowed to see my friend. They told him to submit an application that they would get back to him. After few days, they did not contact him. He decided to go there this week and was denied access.

My friend has a wife and two kids, the wife has not been herself since this incident happened. She's been traumatized. She just wants to be sure if her husband is truly there.

Please Nairalander, I need your advice on the necessary steps I should take to be able to see my friend. Sorry for the long write up.

Admin please help me move this to front page, it is very urgent.

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by mechanics(m): 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2019
Try contacting the spokesman of DSS.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by shitshappen(m): 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2019
What is his occupation? What does he do for living? Three pages later you have not said anything.

Just surprising

8 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Bishop(m): 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
victorava:
Hello Nairalanders

Two weeks back, my friend was apprehended by DSS officers from his residence in Lagos state and we have not heard from him.

I was driving out with him, immediately they saw us, they surrounded us and started asking questions. We now discovered that it was my friend that they were looking for. They collected his phones and followed him to his room to change his clothes. When I asked them what his offense was, they told me that they would like to ask him one or two questions.

They told me to meet them at their office and when I got there, I was not allowed access to their office. The officer at the gate told me that there was no such arrest. It was on Friday. I went there on Monday together with his wife and brother which was the following week, we were still denied access. They officer at the gate told us that if he's truly here that nothing will happen to him. He told us that anyone who is apprehended is not allowed to see anybody until after investigation.

We paid a Lawyer to go there the following day and the Lawyer eventually gained access, he was told that my friend was taken to Abuja the following day they arrested him.

We contacted a Lawyer in Abuja to go there and he was not allowed to see my friend. They told him to submit an application that they would get back to him. After few days, they did not contact him. He decided to go there this week and was denied access.

My friend has a wife and two kids, the wife has not been herself since this incident happened. She's been traumatized. She just wants to be sure if her husband is truly there.

Please Nairalander, I need your advice on the necessary steps I should take to be able to see my friend. Sorry for the long write up.

Contact any of the big Lawyer's preferably an SAN they should be able to help you on pro bono.

Remember also that your safety can be guaranteed before the speech but after the speech you are on your own ooo.

Government now can arrest and charge you if you say Hello to much, that is cyber stalking and it is treasonable. Becareful of what you say and do. Ghenghen movies production
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by carbon1224(m): 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
Venerable612:

This is a one sided story.

The DSS don’t just arrest ordinary citizens without probable cause. It’s either you are not telling the full story, which is understandable, or your friend has hidden his personal dealings from you.

Either way - your best solution now is to instruct a Lawyer to take out a Fundamental Rights Claim in the Federal High Court, Abuja. HABEAS CORPUS specifically.

You will spend money - but no DSS will refuse a Federal High Court Order to produce a prisoner, and Release him if there is no probable cause to detain him.

Unconventionally, like someone mentioned earlier - try to use Social Media influencers on Twitter. Someone somewhere high up may listen and raise some questions on your behalf.

Regardless - the Federal High Court is your best bet.

No be Nigeria you Dey,Court order ke when Sowore still Dey there
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by AngelicBeing: 1:14pm On Nov 21, 2019
Grace001:
USELESS COUNTRY
Gbam, the most sensible comments on this thread, useless shithole jungle beyond redemption, nonsense and Buhari grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Whobedatte(m): 1:14pm On Nov 21, 2019
shitshappen:
What is his occupation? What does he do for living? Three pages later you have not said anything.

Just surprising
Surprised too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by AngelicBeing: 1:15pm On Nov 21, 2019
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by futurism: 1:15pm On Nov 21, 2019
victorava:
Hello Nairalanders

Go to twitter, search for Segalink. He will take it up from there. Oracle is in Abuja and can do the leg work for you.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by frozen70(f): 1:19pm On Nov 21, 2019
Since the op can't answer simple question, what is the guy's occupation

The reason for his arrest is know to the op and his family

5 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by kingxsamz(m): 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
Asquare84:

Try and see a pastor for prayers there is nothing prayer can't change
STFU... It's statements like these that keeps drawing this country backward. Op, if you like listen to this one. I pity your friend's condition.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by sapientia(m): 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
Update the story to tell us what your friend does. ..

It will help.

Is he a political activist?

These info helps.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by kingxsamz(m): 1:27pm On Nov 21, 2019
slimfit1:
Jah Jehovah show Buhari your power. You did not detain us despite out sins Lord of host put an end to this drama Lord of host. Any man, born of a woman who wants to put us into bondage in our own land put him to shame in Jesus name.
Lord put an end to these act of brutality in Jesus name.

Guy stfu abeg.
Nigeria has always been in bondage, even before you were born.
There's nothing prayers can do.
prayers from mountain of fire alone don reach to solve Nigeria's problems.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Alicenikky: 1:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
Nigeria, slowly slipping back to dictatorship, and somebody will come and start defending this illegality.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Alicenikky: 1:31pm On Nov 21, 2019
slimfit1:
Jah Jehovah show Buhari your power. You did not detain us despite out sins Lord of host put an end to this drama Lord of host. Any man, born of a woman who wants to put us into bondage in our own land put him to shame in Jesus name.
Lord put an end to these act of brutality in Jesus name.
Amen, but bro you pastors and so called men of God are one of our problems in this country.
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by mastermaestro(m): 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2019
Oblongata:
Truly sad!

My best guess is that your friend probably posted something online that has offended some cabals...

Remember that free speech is only in the past?

We even have some of the vampires here already making threats even though the bill is yet to be out of the final stage.

Sadly, it is quite painful, I feel for your friend bro...

Tag segalink, Femi falana, dolapobadmus on Twitter.

May God help us all

Which Falana, the one that couldn't secure Sowore's release? undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash / Malawian Man In Suit & Tie Steals Baby Food (Photos) / Palm Fruit Thief Stripped And Paraded Unclad By Mob (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.