Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,347 members, 7,860,894 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:17 PM

Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos) (31972 Views)

The Underground Drainage Tunnel In Port-Harcourt Road, Aba (Pictures) / The Longest & Largest Drainage System In Akwa Ibom Nears Completion (Pictures) / Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos) by VOR2019: 10:53am On Nov 22, 2019
''The filthy condition of many streets in Lagos State is attributable to the construction of an open drainage system''

Sorry Sir/Ma, you are completely wrong!

When I was young, we use to do paper boats and race them inside the drainage/gutters (we call them then) from the top of the street (No 1 house) to the end! This means that the drainage/gutters are relatively free!

Now get this: The MAJOR REASON for the filthy condition of many streets in Lagos State is due to the BAD HABIT of indiscriminate (from windows of vehicles, houses, etc.) disposal of refuse, dirt, pieces of paper, plastic bottle, etc. Sadly, majority (almost 90%) of the population of Lagos are guilty of this bad and dangerous habit!

Look at it this way. If one million (1 million) people should drop ''pure water'' sachets at a particular area, that area is in trouble. Note that Lagos population is over 20 million! This is the reason that the drainage system is always overwhelmed. No amount of work by LAWMA, Highway Managers and Joe Igbokwe will solve the problem. To me , Joe Igbokwe is just punishing himself and his selfless and patriotic staff!

The solution is to change our bad habit and make sure that this dangerous habit does not turn to culture. I believe it is possible the change this bad habit, it is not too late.
Re: Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos) by gbenga4sure(m): 11:42am On Nov 22, 2019
technuel:
Autojosh you went and snapped inside town and you are calling this dirt please just go to Lagos Badagry road by Iyana Iba down to Okokomaiko and see where human beings are living in Lagos. Honestly speaking once my online business starts generating atleast 200k per month for me, I am off Lagos. The City is just too stressful to live in. Just yesterday I have to trek a very long distance because Okada and even busses we're we're stuck up in a messy traffic.
pls can I learn some online business from you.
Re: Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos) by OnyesomJ(m): 12:50pm On Nov 22, 2019
There’s no where you enter in Lagos that you will not see Dirt
The So called Bigman Land
Re: Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos) by COMPAQ(m): 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2019
Is the issue more about the open drain or more about the fact that we are just a dirty and undisciplined bunch in Nigeria!!

The refuse in drainage is just a symptom of the underlying issue of our dirty habits and indiscipline.
Re: Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos) by misterjosh(m): 2:17pm On Nov 24, 2019
almarthins:

Our pipu are now breaking Up the covered gutters to allow easy dumping. Look around and prove me wrong
That is really serious o lipsrsealed
Re: Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos) by DexterousOne(m): 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2019
$hithole
Re: Open And Dirty Drainage System In Lagos (Photos) by DexterousOne(m): 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2019
COMPAQ:
Is the issue more about the open drain or more about the fact that we are just a dirty and undisciplined bunch in Nigeria!!

The refuse in drainage is just a symptom of the underlying issue of our dirty habits and indiscipline.

Its the indiscipline

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NCAA Extends Ban On International Flights Till October / The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss / Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.