Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers (23556 Views)

Chicken Republic Reacts To Sack Of Security Guards / Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff / Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by ately1(m): 6:55am On Nov 22, 2019
GOOD MOVE.
***christmas don reach** check my signature* **be happy always*
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Duggedised12(f): 6:55am On Nov 22, 2019
Its gonna happen and labour wont do nothing, all this audio threat na to collect money. Just give them some money and they will sing a different song.

3 Likes

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by aspirebig: 6:55am On Nov 22, 2019
They have been sacked already.

First bank sacked a lot of people across many branches yesterday,and two days ago.

Most of them are contract staff .

Union ought to be proactive in their moves and not reactive.

Many of these guys sacked are bread winners for their families.

11 Likes

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by ednut1(m): 6:55am On Nov 22, 2019
Some bankers are funny. Sit down with no plan b when its glaring from your appraisals

1 Like

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Galaticos444: 6:57am On Nov 22, 2019
That brings the question,wot ar banks using all d money dey charge or deduct 4rm their customers to do?

2 Likes

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Viking007(m): 6:58am On Nov 22, 2019
helinues:
Which labour? Labour party from UK?

Cos if Na Nigeria labour, Na only empty threats Dem get
As usual, nothing will happen.
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Yohh: 6:58am On Nov 22, 2019
ifenadi:
They have already sacked them yesterday

Oya Labour, shutdown firstbank
Seriously?

1 Like

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Roadtoyesterday: 6:59am On Nov 22, 2019
LadyBeee:
over a million bucks

Can I help you keep it safe here grin
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by dontbothermuch: 6:59am On Nov 22, 2019
At this time of the year
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by elazbrava(m): 6:59am On Nov 22, 2019
So after they are sacked we will go to there various branches to que up for them to do a magic they couldn’t do wen the team was complete is it wen they are 1000 persons less that they will now deliver?
Nigerian banks shaa grossly unreliable sad

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Yohh: 6:59am On Nov 22, 2019
damosade:
As a matter of fact, 987 non core staff were laid off yesterday. The did has been done already no reverse
If they are contract staff, then I don't think they entitled to any settlement.
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 22, 2019
I am sure a family member of one of the top labour officials is one of the workers about to be sacked, that's why labour is crawling out of its shells to make noise.

Is it just today that banks are retrenching workers...without due process?

1 Like

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by ikwedim(m): 7:01am On Nov 22, 2019
No be only firstbank ooo. Many banks will sack its workers because even mama iyabo wey no go school is operating POS deposit and widraw at her shop. Getting admission to read banking at your own risk.

3 Likes

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Yohh: 7:02am On Nov 22, 2019
ikwedim:
No be only firstbank ooo. Many banks will sack its workers because even mama iyabo wey no go school is operating POS deposit and widraw at her shop. Getting admission to read banking at your own risk.
This is true
As technology advances, less manpower is required.
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 22, 2019
Confirming the fears of their workers..

Someone still wonders how GOVERNMENT and banks are still thriving in a comatose economy, the answer is this, GOVERNMENT is thriving on loans, BANKS are thriving on loans and multiple income streams.

GOVERNMENT is increasing taxes to stay afloat. BANKS are debiting your account repeatedly to stay afloat.

Without a thriving private sector economy, there will be no country. Nigerians will have sense soon.

4 Likes

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 22, 2019
New day, new drama!

1 Like

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by dontbothermuch: 7:04am On Nov 22, 2019
Kurtis02:
undecided undecided undecided

Adverse effect of Technology.

Seriously, I have forgotten when last I visited the bank. ATM & Cashback for my withdrawals & deposits.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Councilor1: 7:06am On Nov 22, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Which labour? Labour party from UK?

Cos if Na Nigeria labour, Na only empty threats Dem get
[/s]
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Alajiki(m): 7:08am On Nov 22, 2019
Mumu labour, they are far more than 1000. The figure is up to 2000, go and research. That's by the way.

The workers sacked are contract staff who have spent in excess of 6 years. They are not direct staff of the bank and the terms of their employment included a one-year renewal option. What that means is that each one of them were only sure of their positions for only 12 months at a time which may be renewed or terminated. They signed for it.

NUBIFIE is just a rabble-rousing, bunch of Yahoos.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 22, 2019
jom28gy:
Whether, due process or no due process, is it good to sack people from work?

Yes it is good.

Nigerians had opportunity to vote an employment creator into power but they voted one who made alot of promises and also confirmed that people who will work under him are noisemakers.

Now, so much noise, Zero effect.

Has One Naira not equalled One Dollar ?

2 Likes

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by elazbrava(m): 7:09am On Nov 22, 2019
Same Nigerian leaders who wouldn’t let me hear word last week or two how Mobile data price blah! Blah!! Blah!!!
Just a bunch of incompetent, power loving lunatics being recycled n forced on the people
So so sad � to think of embarassed
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 22, 2019
Alajiki:
Mumu labour, they are far more than 1000. The figure is up to 2000, go and research. That's by the way.

The workers sacked are contract staff who have spent in excess of 6 years. They are not direct staff of the bank and the terms of their employment included a one-year renewal option. What that means is that each one of them were only sure of their positions for only 12 months at a time which may be renewed or terminated. They signed for it.

NUBIFIE is just a rabble-rousing, bunch of Yahoos.

Lol, they don't know.

They are just managing the customer.

1 Like

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by olowoba2: 7:12am On Nov 22, 2019
damosade:
As a matter of fact, 987 non core staff were laid off yesterday. The did has been done already no reverse
what is non-core?
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by pussybanger: 7:16am On Nov 22, 2019
Nobody wants to agree things are hard but companies keep on laying off workers. Nigeria labour has refused to fight the source of the problem, rather than the consequence.

4 Likes

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by NonFarmPayrol: 7:16am On Nov 22, 2019
Roadtoyesterday:

If we check now e fit no reach 30k with this your shouting.

grin grin cheesy
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by PopeFlatino(m): 7:16am On Nov 22, 2019
They should just close down that bank please...the one in our area isn't doing good at all..they are so full of themselves,can't even load their ATM machines ,opens d bank hall at any time they feel like..No improvement nor innovation which their brother Union bank is trying to adopt lately..

Las Las na shakara go kill first Bank workers shaa
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by osayuwamwen(m): 7:17am On Nov 22, 2019
SoNature:
If they sack 1000 workers, then how many will be left?

When I was growing up, working in the bank was a thing of pride.

Today, the Nigerian banking sector has been bastardized with the casualization of most of them, including university graduates.

If the banking sector is destroyed, the country is finished because this is the most stable industry I can think of.
Machines are taking up jobs of the banking industry, there's now a self deposit machine in most first banks branch, i happen to use one in Benin its supper smart and fast.
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 22, 2019
there is no process as worker are not unionised

what labour needs to do is find a way to get unions into banks

once you have a union, there is some degree of protection. without one, oga can just decide he hates your face and you are gone. and i have seen this happen well

1 Like

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 22, 2019
ednut1:
Some bankers are funny. Sit down with no plan b when its glaring from your appraisals

They have plans, when they invest in the real economy, their fingers get burnt, they run back to their jobs.

Many of them who lost millions recently.

They are just keeping their jobs like a last straw.
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by studentofTruth: 7:20am On Nov 22, 2019
RonaldoVido:
Confirming the fears of their workers..

Someone still wonders how GOVERNMENT and banks are still thriving in a comatose economy, the answer is this, GOVERNMENT is thriving on loans, BANKS are thriving on loans and multiple income streams.

GOVERNMENT is increasing taxes to stay afloat. BANKS are debiting your account repeatedly to stay afloat.

Without a thriving private sector economy, there will be no country. Nigerians will have sense soon.

The country has died since, we're all waiting for the burial. Anybody that doesn't know this should be sorry for himself.

Even the politicians know it. Out of fear for the backlash, they're moving form more fear-inducing bills to suppress and gag the masses. Reason you're seeing the Anti-Social Media Bill and death penalty for hate speech!

2 Likes

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by OlujobaSamuel: 7:22am On Nov 22, 2019
The ones dey don sack or just want to sack?
A friend told me yesterday sey more than ten was sacked at their branch, although na different recruiting agency be those ones employer, so she dey fear make e no reach her side.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by osayuwamwen(m): 7:22am On Nov 22, 2019
dontbothermuch:

Seriously, I have forgotten when last I visited the bank. ATM & Cashback for my withdrawals & deposits.
there's even now a deposit machine in some first bank branch in Benin. The machine is supper smart and fast, just type in yr account number, deposital name, phone number and the amount u want to deposit,and put the money in any denomination and the machine do d counting and credit yr account in less than 5 seconds

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hilary Kelechi Madu Appointed NSCDC Acting Commandant-General As Gana Bows Out / Nigerians Donate Over N1.4m To Lagos Airport Cleaner Who Returned Millions / I Want To Write A Resignation Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.