Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers (23557 Views)

Chicken Republic Reacts To Sack Of Security Guards / Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff / Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 22, 2019
aspirebig:
They have been sacked already.

First bank sacked a lot of people across many branches yesterday,and two days ago.

Most of them are contract staff .

Union ought to be proactive in their moves and not reactive.

Many of these guys sacked are bread winners for their families.

contract staff have zero rights and can be let go at any time
i was in my company for 14 years, entered after a colleague on contract.
promotion or not, i had an increase every year
colleagues salary was more or less flat for the 14 years

when the person was let go, i am not sure the severance came up to 3m . no gratuity, nada. contract work is a bad place. you are living on hope you will be converted, but it may not happen

i know one guy - they told him you have hnd - get degree. the guy got degree, them no gree, he got master, them no gree. it was all kinds of fked

5 Likes

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Cutehector(m): 7:23am On Nov 22, 2019
damosade:
As a matter of fact, 987 non core staff were laid off yesterday. The did has been done already no reverse
a contract that the non core workers signed, max 6 years and they will leave.

4 Likes

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by franciscom: 7:23am On Nov 22, 2019
It has already done since yesterday, but only the contracts staff's
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by jom28gy(m): 7:24am On Nov 22, 2019
RonaldoVido:

Yes it is good.

Nigerians had opportunity to vote an employment creator into power but they voted one who made alot of promises and also confirmed that people who will work under him are noisemakers.

Now, so much noise, Zero effect.

Has One Dollar not equalled One Naira ?
a dollar is above naira
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Jokerman(m): 7:25am On Nov 22, 2019
Contract staff angry
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:25am On Nov 22, 2019
Mshad662:
Em hello first bank my money dey with una oh? I no wan hear story pls. Thank you

How much you get there? Am sure it no go pass N721.60k...

Dey talk like say your money na millions. .tcheeew
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Esthered: 7:26am On Nov 22, 2019
ednut1:
Some bankers are funny. Sit down with no plan b when its glaring from your appraisals
One I heard of was a champion in his BDO but was still sacked.
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by OlujobaSamuel: 7:27am On Nov 22, 2019
olowoba2:

what is non-core?
Casuals or contract staff
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by inioluwaDaniels(m): 7:27am On Nov 22, 2019
Since I saw dis automated deposit machine at first bank I knw something ll happen.I guess dey ll buy more of dis machines so as to reduce manpower.May God help us all

3 Likes

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Jokerman(m): 7:28am On Nov 22, 2019
Esthered:

One I heard of was a champion in his BDO but was still sacked.

Huh.... Why?? All these banks sef
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Enemyofpeace: 7:28am On Nov 22, 2019
Sack 1000 workers= 1000 widows=1000 orphans
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by bonnyhope: 7:28am On Nov 22, 2019
LadyBeee:
My hard earned money is there o

How much u get sef?
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Jokerman(m): 7:29am On Nov 22, 2019
Why don't all these banks have pity or empathy??

Most of these contract staffs live in Ikorodu, Agiliti, Irawo, Elepe etc, and still go to work in VI, Eko, Fadeyi etc

It's not easy na
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Enemyofpeace: 7:29am On Nov 22, 2019
Jokerman:
Contract staffs angry
staff pls

1 Like

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Enemyofpeace: 7:30am On Nov 22, 2019
franciscom:
It has already done since yesterday, but only the contracts staff's
staff pls

1 Like

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by berbs: 7:32am On Nov 22, 2019
Sack again Nawaooo!!!!
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by nan1: 7:34am On Nov 22, 2019
1000 workers?

Of course what are they still doing with a huge number of staff after government has introduced cashless policy labour should attack the government they are the cause of all these mess
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by carbony4red(m): 7:36am On Nov 22, 2019
The deed has been done already, so this is just a formality, First bank will bribe them now now and that will be the end, we won't hear anything again, THIS IS NIGERIA, they employed u at age 27, used u for 6 to 7 yrs and dump u, which bank or organization will be ready to employ you again at the age of 33,34.
#saynotooutsourcingjob

2 Likes

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 22, 2019
Useless labour, First bank have sacked people already self
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by gwinaB(m): 7:38am On Nov 22, 2019
jom28gy:
Whether, due process or no due process, is it good to sack people from work?

It's a business, profit oriented and not a charity organisation or public corporation. If their resources can't cater for the numbers they have, will you expect them to keep them at a loss? Or would you rather they fold up and everybody in organisation return to the labour market?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by OgologoDimkpa: 7:39am On Nov 22, 2019
Kurtis02:
undecided undecided undecided

Adverse effect of Technology.
Well said.
Most of the manual works are done electronically these days hence the reason for redundancy and subsequent sacking.
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by gwinaB(m): 7:40am On Nov 22, 2019
Jokerman:
Why don't all these banks have pity or empathy??

Most of these contract staffs live in Ikorodu, Agiliti, Irawo, Elepe etc, and still go to work in VI, Eko, Fadeyi etc

It's not easy na

They had a contract and ought to always plan their exit. Terminating those contracts is becoming a culture with fbn, so those on contract should always plan ahead.

1 Like

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by gwinaB(m): 7:41am On Nov 22, 2019
OgologoDimkpa:
Well said.
Most of the manual works are done electronically these days hence the reason for redundancy and subsequent sacking.

Not necessarily, they will employ another set like they have done in the past
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by pearls336: 7:43am On Nov 22, 2019
SoNature:
If they sack 1000 workers, then how many will be left?

When I was growing up, working in the bank was a thing of pride.

Today, the Nigerian banking sector has been bastardized with the casualization of most of them, including university graduates.

If the banking sector is destroyed, the country is finished because this is the most stable industry I can think of.

They would replace them with contract staff 80k salary with no benefit
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by dontbothermuch: 7:44am On Nov 22, 2019
osayuwamwen:
there's even now a deposit machine in some first bank branch in Benin. The machine is supper smart and fast, just type in yr account number, deposital name, phone number and the amount u want to deposit,and put the money in any denomination and the machine do d counting and credit yr account in less than 5 seconds

Wow! Must be extremely smart to detect different denominations.
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by kwynette(f): 7:47am On Nov 22, 2019
Noise makers. They have been sacked already, after putting in years of service. Nigeria is a failed nation.
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Bakerdav: 7:47am On Nov 22, 2019
Banks no get money again, they recruit OND holders nowadays, with age limit, they don't recruit bsc no more
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by kwynette(f): 7:49am On Nov 22, 2019
gwinaB:

They had a contract and ought to always plan their exit. Terminating those contracts is becoming a culture with fbn, so those on contract should always plan ahead.
what time will they have to plan ahead, is it when they get back from work by 8pm or when they are on ATM duties over the weekend?

2 Likes

Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by Sicilyjoe: 8:02am On Nov 22, 2019
What is contract staff, what is the difference between them and other staffs?
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by luminouz(m): 8:03am On Nov 22, 2019
danwise5:
1000 workers?? How many do they have then
Pay after we've designed your website. We design reliable Websites, Web applications and Mobile apps. KLICCkK anywhere HERE for our designs

All in a rush to claim FTC and advertise, see as u disgrace yourself. How many staffs First Bank get? A bank existing before you were born?
Re: Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers by dodorima(m): 8:04am On Nov 22, 2019
people have been sacked already since Tuesday and my yeye labour still de plan na wa oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hilary Kelechi Madu Appointed NSCDC Acting Commandant-General As Gana Bows Out / Nigerians Donate Over N1.4m To Lagos Airport Cleaner Who Returned Millions / I Want To Write A Resignation Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.