Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It (58664 Views)

UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) / UNN To Host Conference On Witchcraft / Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by TooMuchStuff: 8:18am On Nov 24, 2019
seguno2:

First part is okay.
The second part is incomplete without the Muslims who are over 65% of Nigerians.

Says a stranger to Nigeria politics

Muslims are less than 45% of Nigeria population

Don't sit in ya region and be yearning dust

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by sonnie10: 8:21am On Nov 24, 2019
Crazyblue:
The first question a sensible person should ask is what happens in a witchcraft conference. Unfortunately bigotry and religious beliefs won't let us ask the right questions.

Well since most of you can't do a quick google search, here it is.

Witchcraft allegations has cost so many people their lives and others physical and mental torture. So many kids and adults have been accused of been witches and have been physically abused.

The aim of this conference is to bring awareness to such issues And kick against it.

In one African country, an Albino hand was cut off because she was accused of witchcraft. She gave her story in of the conference held. The conference I believe is solely to enlighten people!

But ofcourse we ask no questions.

If there is ever a witchcraft conference in my city I will definitely attend if I have the time
Not actually. It’s not a sensitizing conference, it’s a conference on the academic perspective of witchcraft. Just like to say it’s the theory part of the craft. No practicals.
Real practioners would attend but they wouldn’t do any rituals. Discussions would likely be centered on interpretations of the concepts. Real acts of witchcraft would be discussed and people of different coven would mingle. There are not outsiders coming to talk about witchcraft but practioners coming to kind of demystify their practice.

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Tejiriseth(m): 8:24am On Nov 24, 2019
Allow Jesus To Speak for Himself.
Abi e dumb.?
Fatherofdragons:
"University of Nigeria belongs to Jesus" grin

3 Likes

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by supercase1(m): 8:25am On Nov 24, 2019
itsme01:

if you are attending i am too, fine witch needs a man to protect her
Then I will be ur wizard grin
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 24, 2019
Likely to be an interesting programme. I think I shall attend.
By the way, CAN is just giving more popularity to the symposium. I'd not heard of it before CAN advertised it.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by doggedfighter(f): 8:34am On Nov 24, 2019
masterP042:
Finally sha, I am beginning to understand why this country is the way it is. We don't read, we don't investigate, we just swallow what the hell we're being told. Ignorant pastors and groups jumping up and down to castigate what they don't know of. This is an academic conference, for the purpose of study and enlightenment on an issue most of us are always bothered about yet we don't understand.
Our prayers are always about fighting witches yet, we don't even truly understand the concept, and here is an opportunity, yet we're close minded enough to fight it.
We always want to be civilized and developed like other countries, we are quick to blame our leaders, but sorry Nigerians, the earlier we become more open minded, tolerant, able to investigate and ask reasonable questions, seek knowledge and rightly apply it; even if we have good leaders we won't really see the effect.
Spot on. It's really worrisome
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by nasirujj(m): 8:34am On Nov 24, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Almajiri school?

Makaranta Islamiya?

We have many Almajiris from East going there too.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by doggedfighter(f): 8:37am On Nov 24, 2019
Philinho:
Gathering is not my problem, but any evil intention, wickedness, bloodshed ,attack on peoples destiny will be consumed by the fire of the HOLY GHOST IN JESUS NAME ...
You sound so ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by TorukMakto: 8:38am On Nov 24, 2019
nasirujj:

That's how they were busy condemning ABU Zaria because of a mere dressing code, calling it Islamic institution, but they can't see this one "UNN belongs to Jesus"

You too follow the dey talk? Hypocrite
The students and the professors would be charged to Sharia court if the think of this, these people can't try this in the North if they were Northerners.

I'm not a religious person

4 Shares

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Pacesetter123(m): 8:43am On Nov 24, 2019
Chi133:

This is what wanted to happen in benin during the time of ben idahosa and Ben idahosa told them it won't and lastly it didn't hold, money will not allow our pastors of today to stop them. But i believe There is still someone that can stop them. He is the king of kings
No,it wasn't de same with this one.That one was to be de gathering of who is who in de oda world with malicious intents, while dis one is just a mere academic conference.Unlike de one u mentioned,dis convention is ON and not FOR witches n wizards.

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by eenai(m): 8:43am On Nov 24, 2019
How is this a gathering of witches and wizards. This is a purely academic conference. I tire for my people oh. My people perish for lack of knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by GerogeI(m): 8:45am On Nov 24, 2019
I have a theory that the so called witch craft thing is a common place of mind involving several people. More like playing an fps game, only that it is fully immersive and feels real.
Those participating come out believing they turned to birds and flew to India for a meeting.

The only reality in it is the information shared in the virtual consciousness arena. The participants use such information. Or the mind link could mean they can be controlled or act out commands of others without even knowing what they are doing.

Shebi we are talking of "Internet of things", African so called witchcraft is possibly an internet of humans. Others may even gleam information from the subcousness of fellow members. That's why they can make both accurate and in accurate predictions as prophecies. All you need for my theory above to be plausible is a proof that human brain can connect to each other wirelessly. I mean, the computers we use today do all that, and connect to each other, suffer virus attacks, can project virtually reality. Can make probablistic predictions. Also add machine learning, and other heirustic applications.

If a computer, modelled on human brains can do all this, then why not the human brain itself. May be animals can even join this Network to grow or form a kind of hive super-consciousness. But individually we are afraid of it. While those who use it hide it. We should really have a conference on it, maybe this is where African economic break through will come from. Imagine a social media or Facebook, that is seemless with your life.

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 24, 2019
sonnie10:
Although it’s an academic event but the reality is that real practioners would attend. What happens in such gathering is that actual rituals are not done because not everyone there is initiated. Usually, basic information is passed and especially since that is not an ideal environment, more like talking about the theory aspect and leaving the practical aspects for practioners.
However, members of certain covens who are present would share invitations and introduction of prospective individuals would take place on the side, must likely without the knowledge of the organizers. Witch craft initiation is always by referrals.
Things might become a little murky if rival groups start acting up especially those who are contesting for supremacy in whatever matter.

In all, don’t except to see flying brooms and boiling cauldrons of spiders and toads because such open event does allow for proper incantations and lacks the materials to enhance the fusion of underworld with the physical.

Nothing concerns witchcraft n rituals
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 24, 2019
Mynd44:
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement
4. Freedom of association.

All you snowflake Christians should go sit somewhere and allow people do their stuff. Isnt that the Love Jesus preached?

Constitutionally or you're just trying to be smart?

Are ritualists also allowed to practise? I mean the category that pound children to do soap.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Mynd44: 8:53am On Nov 24, 2019
Lucid1:

Constitutionally or you're just trying to be smart?

Are ritualists also allowed to practise? I mean the category that pound children to do soap.

Ritualists are allowwd tp practice their religion as long as no crime is committed. Pounding children or any human is illegal and anyone who does that should be jailed.

Are these ones meeting to pound children?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by AbdOla: 8:54am On Nov 24, 2019
Fatherofdragons:
"University of Nigeria belongs to Jesus" grin
Is Jesus the VC,lol.....abeg let hold our own meeting too,is base on how to comot buhari so CAN no fear
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by drlateef: 8:56am On Nov 24, 2019
This attack by christians just reminds me of how christians and christianity plunged Europe into the dark ages. Christianity hates science and academic intellectual discuss. To make matters worse, many of the so called quotations from bible were written by ordinary people who fraudulently claim divinity without being scrutinised. The gullibility of christians stinks to high heavens. Why are chriztians afraid of witches and wizards? Do they not claim they have divine powers to quash witchcraft, so why are you afraid? Let this conference hold and let everyone know that witchcraft is evil and is holding black man down from progressing. Thats the aim of this conference. Whats wrong in that? We all know that many of the pastors use the same witchcraft to do their fake and bogus miracles where they decieve innocent and ignorant christians. Perhaps they afraid of being exposed by the witches who give them the evil powers.

2 Likes

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by shedy03(m): 8:59am On Nov 24, 2019
maynation:
If you are going to attend, let's gather here please.

----------------
On a serious note, this conference is on witchcraft and not a gathering of witches and wizards. The people standing against its materialization shouldn't even be Christians nor Muslims but witches and wizards themselves. Because apparently a lot of their secretes will be revealed and they won't be happy about this.
Senseful , thumbs up to u.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 24, 2019
sonnie10:

Not actually. It’s not a sensitizing conference, it’s a conference on the academic perspective of witchcraft. Just like to say it’s theory part of the craft. No practicals.
Real practioners would attend but they wouldn’t any any rituals. Real acts of witchcraft would be discussed and people of different coven would mingle. This are not outsiders coming to talk about witchcraft but practioners coming to kind of demystify their practice.

Thanks for this, it bares same name as the one done internationally.

Well I believe they have a right too. As long as no physical form of violence is practised
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by themanderon: 9:04am On Nov 24, 2019
maynation:

----------------
On a serious note, this conference is on witchcraft and not a gathering of witches and wizards. The people standing against its materialization shouldn't even be Christians nor Muslims but witches and wizards themselves. Because apparently a lot of their secretes will be revealed and they won't be happy about this.

Esoteric is becoming exoteric. The secret societies are all coming out in plain sight. You can see this in movies, musicals and even the cartoons kids are watching . The goal is to introduce what is known as the "New age religion" which has to do with the world accepting what they call the "True light of Lucifer".
Conferences like this are simply designed to familiarize people with what was initially known as "Esoteric knowledge" of the dark arts.
Initially they denied their own existence but we are now living at a time where everything must be unveiled so people can receive the true light of Lucifer as they call it.
Google Albert pikes letter detailing plans for 3 world wars.
Shows that we are living at the end of times where the prophesies in the book of revelations must be fulfilled.
Prepare yourself for what's coming!!!
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 24, 2019
sonnie10:
Although it’s an academic event but the reality is that real practioners would attend. What happens in such gathering is that actual rituals are not done because not everyone there is initiated. Usually, basic information is passed and especially since that is not an ideal environment, more like talking about the theory aspect and leaving the practical aspects for practioners.
However, members of certain covens who are present would share invitations and introduction of prospective individuals would take place on the side, must likely without the knowledge of the organizers. Witch craft initiation is always by referrals.
Things might become a little murky if rival groups start acting up especially those who are contesting for supremacy in whatever matter.

In all, don’t except to see flying brooms and boiling cauldrons of spiders and toads because such open event does allow for proper incantations and lacks the materials to enhance the fusion of underworld with the physical.

You seem to know a lot about this, are you by chance a member of any coven?
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by churchmind: 9:08am On Nov 24, 2019
Mynd44:
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement

All you snowflake Christians should go sit somewhere and allow people do their stuff. Isnt that the Love Jesus preached?
u know say u fit go school n yet na from back u go dey start to flip,calm down n understand your essence in this world, uphold the TRUTH n it shall set u free from natural destiny slavery
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by TorukMakto: 9:14am On Nov 24, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

These Muslims have problem, they like increasing their population to dominate others, that's one idiot went and brought Wikipedia link on how Imo State is 20% Islamic State,
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Jaapu: 9:18am On Nov 24, 2019
TorukMakto:

You too follow the dey talk? Hypocrite
The students and the professors would be charged to Sharia court if the think of this, these people can't try this in the North if they were Northerners.

I'm not a religious person

You are not a religious person but your a bigot.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by HumorSexNmiLFs: 9:24am On Nov 24, 2019
SEXY WITCH kiss
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Bbbwings: 9:31am On Nov 24, 2019
maynation:

----------------
Abi o

grin

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by seguno2: 9:32am On Nov 24, 2019
itsme01:
oga easy with the statistic, muslim can never account for 65% of nigerian population where many in the north are traditionalist and the south has both christians and traditionalist

Until there is a census that has religion in the questions, my statistics stands- 65% of Nigerians are Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by seguno2: 9:34am On Nov 24, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Na you be the real stranger.
Do you have any census information on your own percentage?
Until you get the reference, my 65% is valid.

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by seguno2: 9:35am On Nov 24, 2019
nurex01:
lol

Abi I lie

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 24, 2019
themanderon:

Esoteric is becoming exoteric. The secret societies are all coming out in plain sight. You can see this in movies, musicals and even the cartoons kids are watching . The goal is to introduce what is known as the "New age religion" which has to do with the world accepting what they call the "True light of Lucifer".
Conferences like this are simply designed to familiarize people with what was initially known as "Esoteric knowledge" of the dark arts.
Initially they denied their own existence but we are now living at a time where everything must be unveiled so people can receive the true light of Lucifer as they call it.
Google Albert pikes letter detailing plans for 3 world wars.
Shows that we are living at the end of times where the prophesies in the book of revelations must be fulfilled.
Prepare yourself for what's coming!!!
Chai this one's that they've used their head to cook soup.

2 Likes

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by GreatLion(m): 9:43am On Nov 24, 2019
Mynd44:
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement

You must be a witch
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by felibrain: 9:47am On Nov 24, 2019
sonnie10:

You're very intelligent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chisom Chukwuneke Is Dead. Got 7 A1s In WASSCE (Obituary, Photos) / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 / ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.