Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It (58660 Views)

UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) / UNN To Host Conference On Witchcraft / Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by DarkJeddi(m): 1:05pm On Nov 24, 2019
Philinho:
Gathering is not my problem, but any evil intention, wickedness, bloodshed ,attack on peoples destiny will be consumed by the fire of the HOLY GHOST IN JESUS NAME ...
Where have that Holy Ghost fire been or is it not aware of the atrocities that has been happening in Nigeria? angry

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Stmiceel(m): 1:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
That professor, Lason! If you gam her for anywhere. Just give her appropriate salute ooo.
Witch what!!!
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by DeRay98(m): 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2019
Imagine if it were UNIBEN or Ambrose Alli University hosting such a conference and boasting like this UNN Professor,
Igbo tribalists and superiority idiots will be having a filled day castigating Edo people like say their lives depend on it.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mechanics(m): 1:21pm On Nov 24, 2019
I don't think she's a Christian, if she's a real Christian she won't organise a program that tends to bring up protest and negative views about the conference.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Shyluck(m): 1:24pm On Nov 24, 2019
[quote author=itsme01 post=84312445] grin

its about time Nigerians understudy witches and wizard rather than deny their existence

as for the Christian hypocrites, wike already declared Rivers state a christian state, why not migrate there and let people be and enjoy their nature

Witchcraft is not nature it's demon possession. However, I support that witches should be allowed to express themselves positively. It is only on youtube that I have seen witches coming boldly to say that they are witches,and they are non Africans. I am a Christian but most of the people we call men of God have demons and they are casting out other demons. If witches are allowed to come out and say who they are we will see that there are more witches than non witches. Witches are not only people that fly. All agents of the dark world are witches. Shalom!
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Ajibade123(m): 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2019
So many hypocrite in Nigeria .....at least they should have allowed them and see what they will discussed about

anyway do you wanna be a gardener?? check out these gardening tips
https://explicitsuccess.com/gardening-business-ideas/
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2019
nwekeugochukwu:
IgbereTV reports that despite the cancellation of the booked venue for a witchcraft conference to be held in Enugu state, the organisers insist that they are proceeding as planned and will announce a new venue soon. Director of the B.I.C Ijomah Centre for Policy Studies and Research, Professor Egodi Uchendu, made this news available to IgbereTV. He said that the protest and campaign by the Christian Association of Nigeria and Christian students in the University of Nigeria (UNN), Nsukka will not deter them from holding the academic conference. “Freedom of speech is a fundamental human right. CAN and others are free to express their opinions just like we have the freedom to have an academic conference on witchcraft”, Mrs Uchendu, a professor of history said. “I’m delighted that the conference is generating the debate it should across the nation. Nigerians should look critically into the subject of the conference and identify how it’s impeding our national existence and personal experience”. She absolved the UNN of blame for the cancellation of the booking for Energy Centre, as venue for the conference, billed to begin 26 November.

She said the centre is owned by the Federal Government and is domiciled in the UNN. Prof Uchendu said; “UNN DID NOT deny us use of Energy Centre. Energy Centre did. Energy Centre is a Federal organ domiciled in UNN. It’s not controlled by UNN. Their decision to deny us their venue may not even be known to UNN”. The conference on witchcraft has generated controversy since it was announced that it would take place in UNN Nsukka.

Students, believing that witches and wizards would descend on UNN, during the conference, printed posters decrying the plan. They were joined by the Christian Association of Nigeria, which escalated the opposition and urged Christians in the South East zone to embark on prayers to dissuade the organisers from holding the conference. Chairman of CAN in the South-East zone, Bishop Dr Goddy Okafor demanded that the programme be called off immediately. Okafor said; “I call on all Heads of Blocks, State Chairmen and other Stakeholders of Christian Association of Nigeria South-East Zone to take up aggressive prayers against the planned convention of Witches and Wizards slated to hold on November 26 at UNN. “This convention is not of God and must not hold in Jesus name. Exodus 22:18 says, ‘Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live’. “I hereby direct, all Christian Churches in South East of Nigeria to take up lamentation and pray against this evil movement in all our churches this coming Sunday. “I also call upon all Christian Campus Fellowship Groups and other Christian Students’ Associations to join in this effort and stand up for JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD against this evil development in South East Of NIGERIA.”

http://igberetvnews.com/1158552/unn-witchcraft-conference-will-hold-christians-cant-stop-prof-uchendu/

Conference ON witches and not conference OF witches. Simple English

2 Likes

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Angelfrost(m): 1:34pm On Nov 24, 2019
netpro:

Is witchcraft a trade of the North? Are you in competition with the north? I just want to know the reason for the comparison.

Is witchcraft region-specific??! Is it a trade in the South??!...

This is not a comparison.... Rather, a pointer at the bias directed at a certain religion.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by djbussy(m): 1:35pm On Nov 24, 2019
Harry Potter, were u dey?
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by netpro(m): 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2019
Angelfrost:

Is witchcraft region-specific??! Is it a trade in the South??!...

This is not a comparison.... Rather, a pointer at the bias directed at a certain religion.

Which religion?
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Ishilove: 2:12pm On Nov 24, 2019
bigfrancis21:

As in.... grin grin grin

Ada nne mu, Ishilove, shey you are going? cheesy lipsrsealed cheesy
Yes. I am all for expanding one's knowledge cheesy

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Rolex66: 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2019
Mynd44:
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement
4. Freedom of association.

All you snowflake Christians should go sit somewhere and allow people do their stuff. Isnt that the Love Jesus preached?

And you are supposed to be a Mod. Referring to Christians as snowflakes shows how uncultured and and untamed you are . A Mod should be an epitome of standards required for a forum like this and not a parochial element.

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Righteousness89(m): 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2019
[s]
Mynd44:
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement

All you snowflake Christians should go sit somewhere and allow people do their stuff. Isnt that the Love Jesus preached?
[/s]
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by dreyFoxx(m): 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2019
shocked angry grin grin

They will never meet and deal with all our corrupt leaders....but once person buy golf 2 now them go they vex....

Isshhhhh
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Originalsly: 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
Hmmmm..... can't they fly away to the middle of the forest or some remote place to hold the conference?
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
Angelfrost:

I'm all for it... But, we both know they can never hold such a conference in any university in the far North.
They would probably have a far smaller audience. How is that relevant to the op anyway?
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by aalangel(f): 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2019
So that's the face of the witch....God forbid!! Not my UNN!!!!
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Ujahhelen205(f): 2:59pm On Nov 24, 2019
I personally don't see anything wrong with the conference. they want to educate the public about witchcraft, what they do, how they operate, how to fight the dark forces, etc
UNN students should imagine that Albus Dombuldore is going to give them a lecture in Hogwarts, and stop acting paranoid Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by abusurv(m): 3:34pm On Nov 24, 2019
Who give it to him? Or na him build am?
Fatherofdragons:
"University of Nigeria belongs to Jesus" grin
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by guidelight: 3:36pm On Nov 24, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
As in! Is that not illiteracy? Ordinary English Comprehension is lacking.
Nne, you got my point. UNN Lions and Lionesses ought know better. In the same vein, I am amazed at the fact that a number of people here are posting the same wrong insinuation . Its only a few understand actually knew its a proposed gathering of the academia to discuss ' Witches & Wizards'.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by luvtoteach(f): 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2019
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement

All you snowflake Christians should go sit somewhere and allow people do their stuff. Isnt that the Love Jesus preached? [/quote]
They have not eaten your head before, if they have, when you see them you will run
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2019
Pls do and fix d date.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 24, 2019
Watin concern me,,,, UNN, do what you want.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Legendguru: 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2019
Oh
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by TorukMakto: 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2019
Jaapu:

You are not a religious person but your a bigot.

You're a zombie
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by lereinter(m): 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
she is boat of them

She's canoe of them
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by lereinter(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2019
Christians should pray and live a life that will take us to heaven

We should pray also that Jehovah continue to build a fortress around us
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Philthe1st: 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
Mynd44:
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement

And all you bunch of Atheist MODs should stop your double standards.

With all respect to Muslims on the thread, if a Christian posts this your comment on say, a Muslim thread, you'll come for his head. Yet you're in haste to post this.

A group of people expressing their view in a civilised way should be the least of your problems.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by samdede(m): 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2019
I would be attending, I am a wizard in web design and development.

2 Likes

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by JoshuaKay(m): 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2019
I would so love to attend this event if I have the money. Ffs, it's an academic gathering, not a religious gathering!
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nicheey(m): 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2019
maynation:

I'm not attending as a witch, I am attending to learn to avoid witches and wizards like you. undecided

My chest loool cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chisom Chukwuneke Is Dead. Got 7 A1s In WASSCE (Obituary, Photos) / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 / ADDY: This Word Has Been Trending online For Sometime Now, See The Meaning Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.