Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers (5180 Views)

My Ex’s Husband Keeps Calling Me / I Did Not Cum But She Insisting I Impregnated Her / My Girlfriend Is Insisting I self-service In Her Presence Or She Do This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by JaneKenedy: 5:49am On Nov 26, 2019
I have always been a free spirited person. For instant, I don't segregate who I speak with, I accommodate all sane person except there's a reason I shouldn't associate with the person. Giving you my contact is not a problem for me, it's picking your calls or saving your contact finally, indicates you in my good book.
Then I got married, I stopped many of this but giving contact and speaking with strangers, I couldn't stop. My husband married me as a virgin at 30. Even while we were dating I still maintained my stand. We did everything but any form of sex. We are just I year old in the marriage by the way.
I already mentioned I'm a free spirited person but that doesn't mean I don't play mind games. I never hide anything even my daily encounter from my husband. But when ever I tell him about meeting someone new, what we discuss and how we ended, he would flare up and start quarrelling with me. That I talk to strangers, don't I know I am married, indirectly calling me a flirt. I have left the house several times for him. Everyday we would be talking about samething. I told him I cannot stop meeting people and telling him about it.
We are practically always together that he could tell where to meet me even if there was no prior calling to know my whereabout. If my phone is not reachable for any reason, he has and knows who to call to reach me. He knows my daily engagements like that.
Even when things happened in his absence, I tell him the exact way it happened even if I was at fault or not. Just the way it happened.
Most times he comes home very late but I don't have problems with that again, provided I was able to hear from him.
He is very caring and loving too.

Yesternight, his numbers wasn't going through, it was getting late as usual. I didn't know how to reach him and he was still out of town when I heard from him last. Around 9pm, I haven't heard from my husband, he hasn't called. I came out to a nearby bar where he usually spends his time, he wasn't there, I sat with my friend who sells food in the evening, a young girl, then I met his policeman friend and was complaining that I haven't heard from him.
Then later I went to our house to go and continue waiting oo. Since it was already late.

Around 10:20pm, no sign yet, I came out again now saw him. He was just coming back. I was angry a bit but I calmed my self down because we were outside and I also was thinking he must be tired.

So I beckoned on him to let's go, he insisted we sit and have some drinks.
We formed a table of four, the food seller friend of mine and one drunk guy, he said the guy is his brother.
So while we were drinking, he( my husband) needed to talk with one of our Compound's guy there, so he moved to their table.

I left the drunk, smoking guy at the table and I and my gf( the food seller) went to her table, every thing is within 7-9 Meters range.

While we were seated at the food stand, gf narrating her encounter to me, I was still with my drink in a glass. A guy came, all of us sometimes sit there in the evening. One thing led to another oo, he was thinking I was having a stout because my eyes were already weak. He said he would drink out of it to prove it, my husband and his friend were around watching us.
I said no wahala, let me finish, I would give him the last glass. I did.

My husband came to tell me, what that guy(our Compound's guy) said, that someone collected my drink from me, I was like wow, what's wrong in giving somebody my drink.
A drink I didn't want to take again. I was hearing, I am not supposed to give my drink to him, I asked if they knew what transpired....we started another quarrel. This time around he accused me of flirting with the guy. Me!.... I told him, he would have told his friend that that was nothing.

If we started listing rights and wrong, it was wrong of us to be outside by that time looking for who?

I have thick skin for what people think of me from afar but someone I share a home with...I can't really deal.

Please, what do you think about this whole story, if I'm wrong in anyway kindly point it out, and my husband what do you think of his reaction, if you were in his shoes and I was your wife, would you think or behave as him

I am beginning to feel my marriage is not right. Someone that cannot trust me, I don't understand.

Please, what do you think. No insult please . Call a spade, a spade, I wouldn't mind
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Kingpee2(m): 5:51am On Nov 26, 2019
I’m not judging you but I feel your husband has insecurities ,he might be that jealous kinda man,you should have noticed all of these traits even before you guys got married ,didn’t you guys spend sometimes together before marriage to notice this listed trait?

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Riele(f): 5:54am On Nov 26, 2019
He wants to control you . Smh .

Most Nigerian men mentality .

Aunty ,let him know your stance now that the marriage is still fresh before he will come online and complain that you've changed .

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by tpiar: 5:57am On Nov 26, 2019
I just dont read long stories here, they're too many and most times fake with all the unnecessary details.

Eg your husband married you as a virgin , why is that relevant to your story? You never talked to people before you got married or what?

4 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 26, 2019
Trust is earned, you have to build it, make him trust you. Another thing is men know that women get use
to someone they constantly communicate with. If you keep talking to a guy constantly, even just casual discussions
for sure you will get use and miss those conversations when they aint coming. We men dont want to take chances, remember
we are the men. My gf hate when I say baby I am the man here grin

24 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by chigoziri2403(m): 6:10am On Nov 26, 2019
I don't usually judge till I hear from the other party
Testimony is always sweet without evidence

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by kobarney(m): 6:13am On Nov 26, 2019
my dear... you are free spirited but humans are territorial. I'm not surprised your husband got pissed That you have your drink to just another guy. Fact remains that it was a flirty gesture.

let me tell you something... There are many wrongs we may be doing that doesn't seem to scratch for us but cuts deep on our partners. we may not even realize that we are wrong but we are.

what you did was out of the ethics of your union I guess... I think you may have to relax on your ease with other males.. Understand that you are married and need to be a little withdrawn from other men. Not all gifts are meant to be accepted, not all favours are meant to be taken and done. Once married, many actions become disrespectful to your man.. whether directly or indirectly.

I hope you do apologize when he feels this way? do reassure him that you're fully his and beat down on relationships with other guys.. especially unnecessary ones because trust me... He's hurt when you do that......but what do I know? I'm just a young man whose girlfriend just stopped this act. It was irritating.

Before anyone comes to say I'm blaming just her, how about her husband... mind you, she spoke just about herself.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Billionsclub: 6:18am On Nov 26, 2019
getting married is not building trust. Trust is built and u must keep building trust. u are to be blame 70percent because you know your husband that he doesn't like you interacting with strangers and u find yourself not able to comply to what he needs. men Luke their wives as introvert because extrovert women are prone to cheat and bring trouble to the home through the spirit of tafiaology.

From your words, it seems u have a lot of people u do discuss with, having too many friends can influence your marriage. Rather than having many people u are talking to, look for a very few people to communicate with. make only like one or two your friend

Communication is the beginning of Any relationship. if u communicate with anyone for a short period of time, u might start developing feelings for that one. Your husband should be your best friend. I know you could also have friends outside your marriage but reduce your constant interactions with strangers

Finally, discuss with your husband, be more transparent. if another man or guy comes to talk to you, let him notice you are married . introduce your husband stylishly and cut the communication on time. good luck

4 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by HarunaWest(m): 6:34am On Nov 26, 2019
JaneKenedy:
I have always been a free spirited person. For instant, I don't segregate who I speak with, I accommodate all sane person except there's a reason I shouldn't associate with the person. Giving you my contact is not a problem for me, it's picking your calls or saving your contact finally, indicates you in my good book.
Then I got married, I stopped many of this but giving contact and speaking with strangers, I couldn't stop. My husband married me as a virgin at 30. Even while we were dating I still maintained my stand. We did everything but any form of sex. We are just I year old in the marriage by the way.
I already mentioned I'm a free spirited person but that doesn't mean I don't play mind games. I never hide anything even my daily encounter from my husband. But when ever I tell him about meeting someone new, what we discuss and how we ended, he would flare up and start quarrelling with me. That I talk to strangers, don't I know I am married, indirectly calling me a flirt. I have left the house several times for him. Everyday we would be talking about samething. I told him I cannot stop meeting people and telling him about it.
We are practically always together that he could tell where to meet me even if there was no prior calling to know my whereabout. If my phone is not reachable for any reason, he has and knows who to call to reach me. He knows my daily engagements like that.
Even when things happened in his absence, I tell him the exact way it happened even if I was at fault or not. Just the way it happened.
Most times he comes home very late but I don't have problems with that again, provided I was able to hear from him.

Yesternight, his numbers wasn't going through, it was getting late as usual. I didn't know how to reach him and he was still out of town when I heard from him last. Around 9pm, I haven't heard from my husband, he hasn't called. I came out to a nearby bar where he usually spends his time, he wasn't there, I sat with my friend who sells food in the evening, a young girl, then I met his policeman friend and was complaining that I haven't heard from him.
Then later I went to our house to go and continue waiting oo. Since it was already late.

Around 10:20pm, no sign yet, I came out again now saw him. He was just coming back. I was angry a bit but I calmed my self down because we were outside and I also was thinking he must be tired.

We formed a table of four, the food seller friend of mine and one drunk guy, he said the guy is his brother.
So while we were drinking, he( my husband) needed to talk with one of our Compound's guy there, so he moved to their table.

I left the drunk, smoking guy at the table and I and my gf( the food seller) went to her table, every thing is within 7-9 Meters range.

While we were seated at the food stand, gf narrating her encounter to me, I was still with my drink in a glass. A guy came, all of us sometimes sit there in the evening. One thing led to another oo, he was thinking I was having a stout because my eyes were already weak. He said he would drink out of it to prove it, my husband and his friend were around watching us.

My husband came to tell me, what that guy(our Compound's guy) said, that someone collected my drink from me, I was like wow, what's wrong in giving somebody my drink.
A drink I didn't want to take again. I was hearing, I am not supposed to give my drink to him, I asked if they knew what transpired....we started another quarrel. This time around he accused me of flirting with the guy. Me!.... I told him, he would have told his friend that that was nothing.

If we started listing rights and wrong, it was wrong of us to be outside by that time looking for who?

I have thick skin for what people think of me from afar but someone I share a home with...I can't really deal.

Please, what do you think about this whole story, if I'm wrong in anyway kindly point it out, and my husband what do you think of his reaction, if you were in his shoes and I was your wife, would you think or behave as him

I am beginning to feel my marriage is not right. Someone that cannot trust me, I don't understand.

Please, what do you think. No insult please .Call a spade, a spade, I wouldn't mind

The problem is that you are pretty so he is jealous cos he doesn't want another dude courting your attention.
Dont let him stop you from making friends with strangers, cos that was the tactic that my old man used to handicap my mum till this day. Nowadays na strangers dey help pass family sef.
Just be moderate in whatever you doing and it's not every kinda people you associate with. Drunk hunks in pubs shouldn't even hear your whisper.
Nevertheless sit your hubby's assbdown and tell him to calm down. Tell em you love him and all that bla bla bla and that you gat no reason to cheat on em... Try observe all tha positive advice you get here and give us a feedback in posterity. Takia

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by JaneKenedy: 6:38am On Nov 26, 2019
Kingpee2:
I’m not judging you but I feel your husband has insecurities ,he might be that jealous kinda man,you should have noticed all of these traits even before you guys got married ,didn’t you guys spend sometimes together before marriage to notice this listed trait?
Thanks

We did, I didn't, because if he was like this, I knew it would be a no no.
I have always been like that. So I guess he tried to control himself knowing that would scare me.

People that gets close notice you can't even get closer to me. Collecting contacts is a way of me cutting long story short with anybody.
Reason I know I will not pick your call more than once.
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Pappyjim: 6:42am On Nov 26, 2019
Hello worried lady, take note that youre no more a girl but "married"!
If your jealous husband says he's not comfortable seeing you mixing up or being too free with ppl, kindly "PLS" follow his instruction!
Again didn't you realise d body language of jealousy during your courtship?
Giving your drink up for another person to take d last drop is a freestyle life taken too far!
Lastly to me your husband is trying to protect you because I can see you're naive in d sense that you don't know how flirt starts and before you know it a sharp guy will penetrate and hit you like a bomb!
Soo wen next a guy ask for your number, politely tell them "I'm sorry I don't give my number out I'm taken" Shikena!

22 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by powerkey: 6:45am On Nov 26, 2019
JaneKenedy:

Please, what do you think. No insult please . Call a spade, a spade, I wouldn't mind

LISTEN TO ME.

STOP SUCH HABITS.

IT'S VERY BAD OF YOU.

YOU'RE INDEED FLIRTING WITH EVERYONE YOU SEE.

DO EXACTLY WHAT YOUR HUSBAND NEEDS FROM YOU, THAT IS MARRIAGE.

DON'T LET THESE SECONDARY STUDENTS HERE ADVICE OR BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, YOU'VE LOST YOUR MARRIAGE.

I BET YOU, YOU WONT TAKE WHAT YOUR HUSBAND TAKING FROM YOU.

THAT MAN IS GOD SENT TO YOU, HE'LL REDEEM YOU FROM SELF DESTRUCTION.

FINALLY, ONE OF YOUR HUSBAND'S DUTY IS TO PROTECT YOU AND THAT HE DID AND WILL ALWAYS DO.

SUBMIT TO YOUR OWN HUSBAND TOTALLY IN ALL THINGS, FOR THAT IS THE SECRET OF A SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGE.

17 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by JaneKenedy: 6:45am On Nov 26, 2019
tpiar:
I just dont read long stories here, they're too many and most times fake with all the unnecessary details.

Eg your husband married you as a virgin , why is that relevant to your story? You never talked to people before you got married or what?
Sorry! I didn't know you have a problem with that. Telling about my virginity.
I added it because there's a generalized idea that you hardly see a girl go through University, and at that age, a virgin. smiley

That is to say, throughout our courting time, I didn't break my stand with him that was my fiance then, why would I now.

About talking with people, I mentioned it earlier.
One thing he liked me for is that I always tell him where I was and with whom then and even now.
He knows I don't paint stories

Thanks though for your reply
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Bigflamie(m): 6:47am On Nov 26, 2019
The rate at which this kind of threads make front page is alarming, I won't be surprised this would make too.

Nairaland and counselling angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by lilmax(m): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2019
From this write up, I can tell you will cheat on him in 3 weeks

.women like you think you're wise but you are not even up to king Solomon's air

Do what your husband says and everything will be fine

9 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by nlPoster: 7:10am On Nov 26, 2019
JaneKenedy:

Sorry! I didn't know you have a problem with that. Telling about my virginity.
I added it because there's a generalized idea that you hardly see a girl go through University, and at that age, a virgin. smiley

That is to say, throughout our courting time, I didn't break my stand with him that was my fiance then, why would I now.

About talking with people, I mentioned it earlier.
One thing he liked me for is that I always tell him where I was and with whom then and even now.
He knows I don't paint stories

Thanks though for your reply

You're welcome.

The virginity mention I consider unnecessary detail because virginity does not preclude you from talking to people or anything you described in the write up which I haven't read fully btw.
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by JaneKenedy: 7:17am On Nov 26, 2019
kobarney:
my dear... you are free spirited but humans are territorial. I'm not surprised your husband got pissed That you have your drink to just another guy. Fact remains that it was a flirty gesture.

let me tell you something... There are many wrongs we may be doing that doesn't seem to scratch for us but cuts deep on our partners. we may not even realize that we are wrong but we are.

what you did was out of the ethics of your union I guess... I think you may have to relax on your ease with other males.. Understand that you are married and need to be a little withdrawn from other men. Not all gifts are meant to be accepted, not all favours are meant to be taken and done. Once married, many actions become disrespectful to your man.. whether directly or indirectly.

I hope you do apologize when he feels this way? do reassure him that you're fully his and beat down on relationships with other guys.. especially unnecessary ones because trust me... He's hurt when you do that......but what do I know? I'm just a young man whose girlfriend just stopped this act. It was irritating.

Before anyone comes to say I'm blaming just her, how about her husband... mind you, she spoke just about herself.

Thanks, I always tell him everything. Like I have been in the midst of my friends females, someone bought drinks and pepper soup for us, I didn't accept. When he came back, I still told him. The only thing I don't tell him, is the one that he was present and witness. I tell him from the beginning till the end of my daily happenings, even where I know I am wrong.
As a single, I didn't accept gifts from my male friends except the ones I can afford. Otherwise I wouldn't. Reason, you can use what you gifted me to have a better hold of me. I would replace it immediately. I hardly send my account for someone to give me money...no...I didn't, except family members, male friends, No.
So I have always been contented with the little I have and don't accept gifts any how.
Even him as my husband knows I don't totally expect things I cannot afford from him, he knows that about me and still act like someone who married a prostitute.

Once I told his brother, he was shouting and telling me he would talk to him.

I do apologise but it's becoming irritating to me that I can't talk to anybody have a discussion and part ways in and discuss my "chykers" with him.
Some people comes with a good proposal that I know if I follow up something good would come out of it...like jobs and contract even though might be small.

The problem usually starts when I tell him later of how my day went and who I spoke with or met for the day.

He saw a guy talking to me one day like that, we didn't talk long but somehow he mentioned a business I have had interest in, I also noticed the guy is civil engineer, same school with my brother, and from my side too, I quickly collected the guy's number so that I would know more through phone instead of standing there discussing with him. I even waved at him and smiled to come and see my brother oo when I saw him. It became an issue, that I was talking with anybody I see. That day he also said I should have brought the strange person home and stay at home to discuss with him. I just met him once, don't know him much? Should have brought him home? Like....I don't understand
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by JaneKenedy: 7:26am On Nov 26, 2019
lilmax:
From this write up, I can tell you will cheat on him in 3 weeks

.women like you think you're wise but you are not even up to king Solomon's air

Do what your husband says and everything will be fine
Can you stake your life savings in this, while I stake mine. I bet you would loose all you have in that.

Read this story again and give your advice. Mind you I didn't go to a convent school to have kept my self.

He met me while I was on duty, had 3 relationships....each was aware of all the others, but ended up with him, still as a virgin. So read the story again. I don't play hide and seek. If I am tired of you I tell you and move on. I am like that.
Cheat ko, 3 weeks ni undecided
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by lilmax(m): 7:28am On Nov 26, 2019
JaneKenedy:

Can you stake your life savings in this, while I stake mine. I bet you would loose all you have in that.

Read this story again and give your advice. Mind you I didn't go to a convent school to have kept my self.

He met me while I was on duty, had 3 relationships....each was aware of all the others, but ended up with him, still as a virgin. So read the story again. I don't play hide and seek. If I am tired of you I tell you and move on. I am like that.
like I said you think you know but you don't

Let's wait for your next topic

5 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Ebonygirl1(f): 7:30am On Nov 26, 2019
Hi Lady. There's this thing called "reverse visualization" that people do when dealing with other people or trying to develop self control. It simply means reversing roles or situations in your head. Re-read your story, then in places where you are the subject, replace it with your husband. I won't tell you whether or not you were at fault. Just do the exercise and answer the question yourself.

20 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Born2Breed(f): 7:30am On Nov 26, 2019
Let me very blunt and brief.

You are not ready to be a wife.

Why do you think newly wedded couples are made to share food and drink from same plate and cup on their wedding day?

No man (except your husband) is meant to share your drink from same cup.

Who does that?

19 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:37am On Nov 26, 2019
When married there are some certain things you shouldn't do anymore, like being excessively free with strangers, and ma'am, you don't have to tell your husband everything that happens or how your day went when you know he's the jealous type, does he even tell you every single detail about his day? If he does, how do you react to it? If you don't react like he does, tell him to emulate you, if he doesn't stop, you too stop telling him every single details, some people don't like to hear the truth, so if you don't want to lie to him avoid telling him details so that there will be peace.

4 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by powerkey: 7:41am On Nov 26, 2019
JaneKenedy:

Thanks, I always tell him everything. Like I have been in the midst of my friends females, someone bought drinks and pepper soup for us, I didn't accept. When he came back, I still told him. The only thing I don't tell him, is the one that he was present and witness. I tell him from the beginning till the end of my daily happenings, even where I know I am wrong.
As a single, I didn't accept gifts from my male friends except the ones I can afford. Otherwise I wouldn't. Reason, you can use what you gifted me to have a better hold of me. I would replace it immediately. I hardly send my account for someone to give me money...no...I didn't, except family members, male friends, No.
So I have always been contented with the little I have and don't accept gifts any how.
Even him as my husband knows I don't totally expect things I cannot afford from him, he knows that about me and still act like someone who married a prostitute.

Once I told his brother, he was shouting and telling me he would talk to him.

I do apologise but it's becoming irritating to me that I can't talk to anybody have a discussion and part ways in and discuss my "chykers" with him.
Some people comes with a good proposal that I know if I follow up something good would come out of it...like jobs and contract even though might be small.

The problem usually starts when I tell him later of how my day went and who I spoke with or met for the day.

He saw a guy talking to me one day like that, we didn't talk long but somehow he mentioned a business I have had interest in, I also noticed the guy is civil engineer, same school with my brother, and from my side too, I quickly collected the guy's number so that I would know more through phone instead of standing there discussing with him. I even waved at him and smiled to come and see my brother oo when I saw him. It became an issue, that I was talking with anybody I see. That day he also said I should have brought the strange person home and stay at home to discuss with him. I just met him once, don't know him much? Should have brought him home? Like....I don't understand

I know you hate the truth...

Take heed before you fall.

You have the tendency to "cheat" though you may not have done so but it's certain that if you don't change your orientation, you will be a professional cheat in due season.

If you don't want to be under a man, WHY DID YOU MARRIED HIM?

Think again..

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by ojuu4u(m): 7:42am On Nov 26, 2019
You will soon end up in stranger's BEDS

Not 1 or 2 but many beds
even in her imagination, my wife can't bring male family to my room without informing me let alone stranger.

Apology for my quote below

When it comes to RELATIONSHIP, females are subhuman to males.....you won't know until you fall yakata

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Edyice: 7:42am On Nov 26, 2019
Your hubby will disturb you until you will do the needful cheating grin

And by then he won't be able to say anything anymore cool
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by bdchange(m): 7:46am On Nov 26, 2019
@kobarney has explained what I have in mind and he is spot on. A very close female friend came to visit me just recent and I told her that immediately I get married all these our closeness will reduce,because by then I must be sensitive to my wife's emotional behaviour. Which is part of the sacrifice I made on the altar. And I advised her to do the same to any of her friends married now. Trust should be earned not given on a platter of gold not even to a virgin. You might be the free type but you must be sensitive to your partner's body gesture which is how marriage should be. Am already saying too much sef..

9 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by JaneKenedy: 7:48am On Nov 26, 2019
Ebonygirl1:
Hi Lady. There's this thing called "reverse visualization" that people do when dealing with other people or trying to develop self control. It simply means reversing roles or situations in your head. Re-read your story, then in places where you are the subject, replace it with your husband. I won't tell you whether or not you were at fault. Just do the exercise and answer the question yourself.

I do, I mean he has come back and told me his encounter with a girl that was suppose to work under him, how the girl tried to seduce him, I just laughed about it and just told him he won, instead of asking him how they arrived at that stage...you see, in my compound, there's a girl he calls his sweetheart, they used to be close pals. I didn't even ask details, He told me how someone from his past relationships, came to give him wedding invitation, he stood the person outside because of what people might say and because he is married. I told him no, that the person was his guest, suppose to bring her home except there's another thing he is avoiding. I have come home to meet a girl he said he stayed with her family during nysc days, he refused the girl to cook for them till I can back, I asked why. If you can house her, why can't she cook too, I laughed over it. And believe me when I say, I avoid people ones I know you have an agenda. So I do that. I only trust him and not what people say about him. Even if he is chyking girls in my presence, i don't have problems with that provided it was just surface, which 'we' laugh about. He replies my chat sometimes and I do that, like practically I hide nothing from him. I am transparent with him, reason so that someone would not come and say...I say your wife laughing with someone....

Thanks for that....reverse visualization....I don't treat people the way I don't want to be treated.

Mind you, I only reported what I did and how he reacted, at first, the above are just few of where I suppose to be mad but I wasn't, and I have never minded them, because I am home and he is home too, he is still a human first before he married me. I can't cage him like that, that he can't talk with strangers especially the ones you can't read at first.

After all you never can tell who has the info that would help your ministry in future. I have also tried to explain things with him.

I can never cheat on him even if my life depends on it.
I would rather be killed than to have extra marital affairs. Just like I would rather die than to be raped or loose my virginity then....

I am strict and wired like that.

4 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by bdchange(m): 7:48am On Nov 26, 2019
Ebonygirl1:
grin you are intelligent dear..spot on

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by powerkey: 7:51am On Nov 26, 2019
JaneKenedy:

Now it's clearer what you are.

You don't want to be under the authority of any man right?

Don't worry, some guys here will soon testify to how they knack your kpekus
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by shestrong(f): 7:53am On Nov 26, 2019
i just see two lovely couple who love and care about each other. Hubby is just mindful of his wife and pls a little jealousy is healthy.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by LoveThemChubby(m): 7:58am On Nov 26, 2019
Madam while single, you have every right to do as you please but now that you're married you have to realize that the status quo has changed. You can't expect him to start assuming the best in every situation and keeping him guessing your motives all the time isn't right. Personally one will believe that for you to share a drink with someone is a sign of intimacy so don't listen to those telling you how your husband is insecure blah blah. Men live in the realm of action while women live in the realm of emotion. No matter how he trusts you, your actions are more real to him than all the mental picture he has of you.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by JaneKenedy: 8:07am On Nov 26, 2019
powerkey:

Now it's clearer what you are.

You don't want to be under the authority of any man right?

Don't worry, some guys here will soon testify to how they knack your kpekus

Leave the guys, stake what you have.

You would still appreciated for reading and passing without making such comment.....

Or that's right.......a flirt thinks everyone is

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? / This Is For My BABY OKU / G

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.