Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate (4112 Views)

Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo / We Were Humbled By Jonathan's Defeat - Adamu Mu'azu / Drama As Northern Group Seeks ICC Prosecution Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by loverob: 5:42am On Nov 23, 2010
Ex-vice President: I’m Humbled

FORMER Vice-President Atiku Abubakar is "humbled" by the decision of the Consensus Committee, which chose him as the North’s candidate for President.

Atiku, who signed a statement, which was released barely five minutes after the announcement, paid tributes to his co-aspirants –former military President Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, Gen. Aliyu Gusau and Governor Bukola Saraki.

The statement said: "A short while ago, the Consensus Committee of the Northern Elders Political Forum announced me as the consensus candidate from among the four who submitted themselves to this process to endorse  a candidate to contest the forthcoming primary election of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

"This came after what were obviously wide-ranging and painstaking consultations across the length and breath of this country.

"I am humbled by this endorsement, and I accept it wholeheartedly, with humility and sense of responsibility.

"I commend the Consensus Committee for this endorsement and for their sacrifice, their patriotism, their commitment and their integrity.

"They have made an important contribution to the unity and stability of this country.

"I am profoundly grateful to the other aspirants who were screened by the Consensus Committee for their commitment to the consensus process. All three of them, former President Ibrahim Babangida, former National Security Adviser, General Mohamed Aliyu Gusau, and Governor Bukola Saraki of Kwara State are eminently qualified for the office of President.

"Their decision to abide by the decision of the Consensus Committee is a further testimony to their patriotism, honour, service and selflessness.  Nigerians will forever remain grateful to them for their contribution to the peace, unity and stability of this country. I will continue to count on their support in the campaign to win the PDP primaries and the 2011 presidential election.

"I commend Nigerians for their patience, understanding, support and prayers.  I shall need the support of all as I seek the mandate to be the flag-bearer of the PDP in the 2011 presidential election.

"This is a time for sober reflection on the challenges facing our country and the immense opportunities that exist for us to address them.  I hope that the conclusion of this consensus process will mark an end to the divisive politics which our opponents have been promoting.

"In the days ahead I shall be addressing the press, and will continue to unfold my agenda for providing good governance and building a new Nigeria for all Nigerians, irrespective of their ethnic, religious or sectarian affiliations.  With your support and prayers we shall make good things happen."

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/19703.html

Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by Blazay(m): 5:47am On Nov 23, 2010
I love you sir.

I love you sir.

I love you sir.

cool

Atiku, who signed a statement, which was released barely five minutes after the announcement, paid tributes to his co-aspirants –former military President Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, Gen. Aliyu Gusau and Governor Bukola Saraki.

One of the most cultured and civilized human beings I have ever met in my life states:

"I commend Nigerians for their patience, understanding, support and prayers.  I shall need the support of all as I seek the mandate to be the flag-bearer of the PDP in the 2011 presidential election.

Jonathan, you don lose, you don lose, you don lose!!!

OBJ, you don die, you don die, you don die!!!

"In the days ahead I shall be addressing the press, and will continue to unfold my agenda for providing good governance and building a new Nigeria for all Nigerians, irrespective of their ethnic, religious or sectarian affiliations.  With your support and prayers we shall make good things happen."

Ran ka de de!!!
Sanu!!!

This man is too much. I have faith in him like I have NEVER had in any other.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by Blazay(m): 5:54am On Nov 23, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atiku_Abubakar

Background
Abubakar came up the ranks of the ruling PDP primarily, due to the pivotal role he played in its formation. He was also an ardent opponent of General Sani Abacha, the late dictator. Atiku's source of wealth has caused some curiosity among Nigerians but that also goes for many other wealthy Nigerians. He has said in a new biography yet to be published that he made his money, "through wise investments, hard work and sheer luck of being at the right place at the right time".

Atiku attended Jada Primary School, 1954–1960, Adamawa Provinsional School, Yola, 1961 to 1965, with Advance Level studies in Economics, British Economic History, Government and Hausa Language, School of hygiene Kano, 1966–1967, graduating with Royal Society of Health Diploma, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, 1967, graduating with Diploma in Law, in 1969

Atiku joined the Customs and Excise department in 1969, serving in Seme, Kano, Maiduguri, Kaduna, Ibadan and Lagos. He rose to the rank of Deputy Director (second in command nationwide), with a notably impeccable service record. Since then, he has attended courses in Leadership Management, Drug Enforcement and Control in Finland, Egypt and United States of America.

You are the man I say.
I will vote for you.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by fstranger2: 6:06am On Nov 23, 2010
Blazay:

I love you sir.

I love you sir.

I love you sir.

cool
One of the most cultured and civilized human being I have ever met in my life states:
Jonathan, you don lose, you don lose, you don lose!!!

OBJ, you don die, you don die, you don die!!!

Ran ka de de!!!
Sanu!!!
Tis man is too much. I have faith in him like I have NEVER had in any other.
Multiple exclamation marks, shaking my head, are a sure sign of diseased mind, typically present in abokis who delight in shining "small small congos."
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by Blazay(m): 6:18am On Nov 23, 2010
fstranger2:

Multiple exclamation marks, shaking my head, are a sure sign of diseased mind, typically present in abokis who delight in shining "small small congos."

You know?
I enjoy attention up to a certain point after wish it ceases to be fun.
I will ignore you from now on.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by stranger: 6:22am On Nov 23, 2010
Blazay:

You know?
I enjoy attention up to a certain point after [size=28pt]wish[/size]  whichit ceases to be fun.
I will ignore you from now on.
Written English is different from what is spoken in the north. Please, refrain from bringing down the quality of this forum ; endeavor to write like me, not like a confused almajiri.

Suit yourself; you feeling dejected already?
huh, aboki, so you are not that tough. I see!
Anyhow, I am the master of my own destiny.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by igbobuigbo: 6:48am On Nov 23, 2010
I see that fstranger has been banned. But why does he appear now to have two ids, stranger and fstranger2? Anyways, good job admin. He is a nuisance to the core.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by okosodo: 7:57am On Nov 23, 2010
@Blazay
Do not be happy because anybody from the north do not mean well for nigeria
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by Blazay(m): 8:35am On Nov 23, 2010
okosodo:

@Blazay
Do not be happy because anybody from the north do not mean well for nigeria

You mean Nigerians generally do not mean well for Nigeria?

Win, lose or draw Atiku gets my vote. cool
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by lakeside4love(m): 9:02am On Nov 23, 2010
If he wins primary.i might ve to choose btw him or Ribadu.i hate pdp wit a passion, so d latter might just win my vote.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by OYBMEND: 9:08am On Nov 23, 2010
Hausa Fulani candidate

That is why Bukola Saraki and IBB did not qualify.

Anybody who is not Hausa Fulani should not vote this guy.

Adamu Ciroma and co have chosen their own candidate, it is time fore the rest of us to choose our own candidate.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by Goldmind1(m): 9:29am On Nov 23, 2010
Remember OBJ will not live to see Atiku enter Aso rock. The Aboki has failed already.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by monkeyleg: 10:00am On Nov 23, 2010
What a country. We always choose to celebrate BIG THIEVES, while good upright people are looked down on. How can anyone in thier right mind consider supporting one of the biggest thieves of our time is beyond me, but wait this is Nigeria, anything goes. I wont be suprised if IBORI after serving time is allowed to come and run for the top seat.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by redsun(m): 10:22am On Nov 23, 2010
Naija is truly a rogue and dark state.Of all d peeps,d choice of leaders revolves around epic fraudsters and retards like atiku who is one of d certified key enemy of d failed state called naija.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2010
redsun:

Naija is truly a rogue and dark state.Of all d peeps,d choice of leaders revolves around epic fraudsters and retards like atiku who is one of d certified key enemy of d failed state called naija.

that phrase so aptly summarises Atiku's character grin
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by excanny: 11:02am On Nov 23, 2010
I just hope that the new generation of politicians we'll have in the future would not be as daft as the ones we have now.

What is the essence of having a consensus candidate from the north? Is he going to be the president of the north? Why not have a consensus candidate from all over the country?

It's a shame that a country with so much intellects will allow a decrepit '18th century' political off-cut like Ciroma to be setting up irrelevant committees to promote selfish interests.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by Beaf: 11:04am On Nov 23, 2010
He will be "humbled" at the primaries, alongside the ethnic bigotry called "consensus."
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by vislabraye(m): 12:50pm On Nov 23, 2010
Atiku is the best thief to take the place. I hope an allegation of corruption is raised against him. But EFCC is headed by the north so i have my doubts
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by agitator: 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2010
This is one of the reasons nigeria cannot move forward, imagine in a regions of more then 30million people some people select themselves and pick a candidate to represent at least 3million party members!!!

Few smart ones leading the m0r0ns
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by slap1(m): 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2010
Atiku is humbled because a group of quarter-to-die, static 'politrickscians' of the old order SELECTED him as their candidate! This guy needs help, seriously. Is he blind to the difference between leading a country and being the head of a clan of Ciromas?
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by Ijeleigbo(m): 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2010
vislabraye:

Atiku is the best thief to take the place. I hope an allegation of corruption is raised against him. But EFCC is headed by the north so i have my doubts
cheesy
Not just the best thief but the richest amongst them.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by sulad82i(m): 1:39pm On Nov 23, 2010
Those who choose atiku had no better option in IBB nor Saraki. They all care about their pocket and he seems to be the sure candidate to fill their sacks always, so no surprise.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by bababuff(m): 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2010
@Blazay

I beg keep your one vote to yourself. angry
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by daroz(m): 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2010
what a wasted HUMBLENESS. Does he think he stand the chance to beat GEJ at the primaries? he is going to get disappointed again.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by scopusng(m): 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2010
Northern fools
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by Gayigaskia(m): 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2010
scopusng:

Northern fools

What did you achieve by saying that?
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by HamidO1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 23, 2010
slap1:

Atiku is humbled because a group of quarter-to-die, static 'politrickscians' of the old order SELECTED him as their candidate! This guy needs help, seriously. Is he blind to the difference between leading a country and being the head of a clan of Ciromas?

Nice 1. The right word for Ciroma and co is "clan"
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by HamidO1(m): 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2010
scopusng:

Northern fools

Saying that doesn't make you any better, why not call PDP members fools instead? Anyway, there are a lot of people like you on NL so I'm not surprised at all.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by Reference(m): 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2010
Oga tickle, I salute your foresight. Even I couldn't see what is coming in the primaries.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by bisiaet: 3:12pm On Nov 23, 2010

God Bless you poster.

Atiku said he is humble. Humble about what Humble for been corrupt Humble for been selected by the hawks of desperate power monger the North or a confused near-death Ciroma gangs?? Humble for using a slogan in a campaign bill board "A man EFCC can not stop is that his humblesness? He never know anything this is humble to failure I bet.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by dome2: 3:17pm On Nov 23, 2010
I have always told anyone who cares to listen that IBB will never contest an election in Nigeria. He knows that if he does he shall lose woefully and be demystified. But he is always interested in who becomes the President. He does not want the Rawlings treatment to happen to him. You should not be surprised that he supports GEJ against Atiku.
Re: Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate by latogng: 3:21pm On Nov 23, 2010
I donno wah is dis pupu's problem, Nigerians are tired of same ol THIEFS ripping us off,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Response For Those Calling Igbos 2nd Class Citizens Of Nigeria / Rev King Is Also Running For President 2019 (PHOTOS) / COVID-19: The Presidency's Photo Of Buhari In His Office Is an Old Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.