Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship (4890 Views)

5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship / 5 Sure Signs Your Girlfriend Is Cheating... / 5 Sure Signs He’s Losing Interest In The Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by konsult(m): 12:50pm On Nov 23, 2010
Signs of an Abusive Relationship

Here are some signs of an abusive relationship

• Your partner often puts you down, sometimes in private and at other times in front of people

• They say they love you but if you look solely at their actions they will tell you a different story.

• You are feeling controlled by your partner – they may be reading your mail and texts and checking up on yousigns of an abusive relationship

• Your partner wants you to be dependent on them and often manipulates you so you feel you need to become more dependent on them.

• You feel the need to become someone else just to try and please them.
YOU CAN ADD MORE
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by doejohn: 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2010
i totally agree!
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by Yorisb: 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2010
konsult:

•    Your partner often puts you down, sometimes in private and at other times in front of people

This has to be the worst of 'em all.
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by sulad82i(m): 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2010
More point(s)

*^* your partner always nag about what u do and ur shortcoming.
*^* your partner always compare u to others and wants u to be like someone else
*^* Your partner always complain when u spent time with an opposite sex.
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by bababuff(m): 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2010
*^* Your partner always complain when u spent time with an opposite gender.

Well, is this been abusive or protecting their interest?
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by 190: 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2010
i totally disagree!!
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by Oxygenmayo(m): 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2010
Ur partner get jealous of the time you spend wiv sum1 else on phone conversation, while you kept him waiting, lolz
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by MrCork26: 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2010
konsult:

Signs of an Abusive Relationship

Here are some signs of an abusive relationship

•    Your partner often puts you down, sometimes in private and at other times in front of people

•    They say they love you but if you look solely at their actions they will tell you a different story.

•    You are feeling controlled by your partner – they may be reading your mail and texts and checking up on yousigns of an abusive relationship

•    Your partner wants you to be dependent on them and often manipulates you so you    feel you need to become more dependent on them.

•    You feel the need to become someone else just to try and please them.
YOU CAN ADD MORE

True; Nigerian women abuse me everyday angry
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by rhymz(m): 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2010
Oxygenmayo:

your partner get jealous of the time you spend wiv sum1 else on phone conversation, while you kept him waiting, lolz
. . .that can be an issue especially when we are in the middle of a very important thing and all of a sudden she got this call and spent hrs talking and lafin on the phone with some friend(be it male or female). Another abuse is when a partner is in the habit of engaging in a long conversation with a random friend we met on our way to someplace, leaving you for long waiting for her while he/sh chats irrelevant shyt.
This one gets my hair on its toe, you are walking with your babe and at every metre of the short trip she keeps throwing herself without respecting your presense at every of her male friends that we ran into, making you look silly before them.
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by jerryice(m): 3:12pm On Nov 23, 2010
Totally disagree,

wanna be in total control, grin
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by Oxygenmayo(m): 3:13pm On Nov 23, 2010
This one gets my hair on its toe, you are walking with your babe and at every metre of the short trip she keeps throwing herself without respecting your presense at every of her male friends that we ran into, making you look silly before them.

I will never for once accept this kind of character from ha, I might just load a bullet on ha head, cry
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by oge4real(f): 4:55pm On Nov 23, 2010
When he will not talk to you or eat your food for many days after a misunderstanding.
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by sigistmund: 8:26pm On Nov 23, 2010
when he or she gets angry over little things and complains about what you have done in the past and some times beats you up
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by house45: 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2010
Abusive Relationship will be extensively dealt with in House 45.

Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2010
Tries to isolate you from your friends and family.
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by uyilicious(f): 10:32pm On Nov 23, 2010
u for got to add this one, ur partner always like to receive without giving grin[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by nethacker(m): 10:59pm On Nov 23, 2010
uyilicious:

u for got to add this one, your partner always like to receive without giving grin[color=#006600][/color]
will nvr date such person lailai grin grin

Ije004:

if i sense or notice this, i'm done
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by Ndipe(m): 11:16pm On Nov 23, 2010
Posted by: Ije004

Ndipe's comment: That's a red flag!
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by r231(m): 12:45am On Nov 24, 2010
@op

true
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 24, 2010
Another 2 big signs:

[list]
[li]HE (usually is grin) isolates you from family members[/li]
[li]HE shows signs of an addictive personality[/li]
[/list]
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 24, 2010
Mr~Cork:

True; Nigerian women abuse me everyday angry

True; Nigerian women abuse you every day[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 24, 2010
• You feel the need to become someone else just to try and please them.

how can that be viewed as sign of an abusive relationship?!
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by SALady(f): 12:01pm On Nov 24, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

how can that be viewed as sign of an abusive relationship?!

You are constatntly made to feel like you are not good enough and there's always the yardstick that you are forever compared to, either his mother, his first love or a friend.
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by akossyy: 12:51pm On Nov 24, 2010
they should go hell, or jump into the lagon
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by 190: 1:01pm On Nov 24, 2010
99.9% of Nigerian relationships are abusive!!

source: MEND report (today news @ 10)
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by sweetf: 1:21pm On Nov 24, 2010
when someone ignores you 'silent treatment'
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 24, 2010
SA Lady:

You are constatntly made to feel like you are not good enough and there's always the yardstick that you are forever compared to, either his mother, his first love or a friend.

ok i see what you mean
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2010
@190 so granted you are not part of that non-abusive 0.01%? angry
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by 190: 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2010
^^^^
True facts

Apart from 190 and Mzdarkskin

All other relationships are abusive and tolerance!!
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2010
^ kiss yeah sure. i'll try to keep my hands to myself.
i don't want you running to the police. tongue
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by 190: 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2010
^^
Asked you to send me a mail which is in my profile!! lipsrsealed

and you refused!!
Re: Sure Signs Of An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 24, 2010
^lol. awwww. I'm so sowy cry Nor vex, I will pronto. tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Only: Has A Woman Ever Handled You Like This Before? (photo) / How Effective And Safe Is Withdrawal Method Please / Can You Guess Their Ethnic Groups?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.