Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,154 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty (22201 Views)

TOP! Time To Leave Nigeria & Assert The Sovereignty Of Yoruba Is Now – OPC / See Why Biafra Sovereignty Will Not Work / 5 unit have Sovereignty&Autonomy by Engr Musiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Chyz2: 5:31am On Oct 31, 2012
[size=18pt]Group demonstrates in Lagos for Biafra’s sovereignty[/size]

Posted by: Esther Mohammed

Posted date: October 31, 2012

In: News |

Members of a group, the Biafra Zionist Movement (BZM), yesterday organised a peaceful rally in Lagos.

They said it was in lieu of their planned declaration of the Sovereign State of Biafra next Monday.

The rally, tagged: Redemption at last, was held at Ladipo Oshodi. It lasted for about three hours.

Scores of youths, especially Igbo, joined the rally.

They carried the flag of the defunct Republic of Biafra and the national flags of the United States of America, Israel and France.

The Biafra Republic agitators said they would also protest “Islamic banking, economic system, marginalisation of Biafra, lack of adequate security of life and property as well as neglect of infrastructure in the area”.

As early as 9am, the demonstrators were at the venue, chanting songs, such as The Elephant of Biafra; We’re marching to the promise land of Biafra.

Some of the demonstrators told The Nation that they had the backing of the other countries whose flags they were carrying.

According to them, they are tired of the neglect of the Oji Power Dam and River Niger Bridge, a lack of an international airport in the East, the neglect of the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, the Enugu-Abakaliki Expressway and the killings of their people in the North by Boko Haram, among others.

Speaking with The Nation, leader of the demonstrators, Mr. Kingsley Anyaegbunam, said: “The Biafran journey started since early 1967 by our leader, the late Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu. Though he was unable to actualise his dreams, some other people have taken up the challenge. We have the support of other countries, such as Israel and America.

“We are tired of this failed country, with countless promises. We are no longer waiting for them. November 5 is the day of the official declaration, because we need to be independent as quickly as possible.”

Another member of the group, Comrade Emeka Onwane said: “Benjamin Onwunka, our leader, resides in London, but he came to Nigeria because of this Biafran freedom we are talking about. He has participated in various rallies and campaigns.

“The essence of this rally is to mobilise the Igbo, who are not aware of the Biafran struggle. We want them to know there will be freedom for us soon. We want them to join in the struggle because what we are talking about is not one man’s race. The sky is our starting point.”

One of the participants, Chidi Obi said: “This dream cannot be actualised without the full support of the people. We need to join hands to make our peaceful state a reality. The state, which has promised to be a state of milk and honey, is the right of every Igbo man, woman and their children.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/group-demonstrates-in-lagos-for-biafras-sovereignty/

1 Like

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Jisunpack: 5:51am On Oct 31, 2012
These biafrogs are really really confused. Lagos? ? why not aba or nnewi?

I think OPC should make a public statement, cos we won't allow these biafrogs to be causing nuisance in south west.

25 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by kunlekunle: 6:40am On Oct 31, 2012
just waiting for fasola to cough, make them catch cold.

1 Like

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 31, 2012
Thought Abuja is the home of power. What exactly is the Lagos protest all about?

5 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by MrGlobe(m): 7:01am On Oct 31, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: These biafrogs are really really confused. Lagos? ? why not aba or nnewi?

I think OPC should make a public statement, cos we won't allow these biafrogs to be causing nuisance in south west.
I get irritated that whenever Lagos is mentioned, low lifes like you bring up yorobberland. Is lagos the only south west state.
opc can do nothing. nobody is afraid of opc.

27 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 31, 2012
Atleast they are protesting against Boko Haram, something many Nigerians cannot do. As far as its peaceful, Carry go jor. To the promised land Biafra we are marching!!!

18 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by bright007(f): 7:04am On Oct 31, 2012
if only these igbos protesting can wake up from their slumber

4 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 31, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: These biafrogs are really really confused. Lagos? ? why not aba or nnewi?

abeg, What is Opc??

2 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by playahP(m): 7:07am On Oct 31, 2012
The protest is a noble one of course.... Its high time we all get proactive and send out our messages to those blood sucking demons... Anyone travelled by road recently?? I wept!!
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by takedat(m): 7:08am On Oct 31, 2012
These miserable Ibo's should spare us their agonies. The same set of people that wants to declare a sovereign state of biafra next monday are still making demands from Nigeria to better their lot.

11 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Ice4jez(m): 7:10am On Oct 31, 2012
Which states make up this said biafra.hope u pple re not take south south cos them go won form Der own too

1 Like

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 31, 2012
Am choking with laughter here...** damn just split my tea on my office shirt**

1 Like

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by nitlad: 7:15am On Oct 31, 2012
Demonstrating in Lagos for Biafra's sovereignty? Talk about misplaced priorities of a delusional lot.

7 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 31, 2012
Am nt an igbo bt i support u guys. we dont want a force nation again time 4 we all 2 move

13 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by kheart(m): 7:21am On Oct 31, 2012
Who let d dogs out woowoowoo? Who let d dogs out woowoowoo

3 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Theben(m): 7:32am On Oct 31, 2012
They have the right to protest jare but why lagos Why not abuja, and other eastern states.

I have a feeling that these ibos have already planned for whatever consequence would emerge from this protest.

I just hope war will sha not ensue. Come to think of it, i feel the ibos are being marginalized. Same with Niger Deltans. The Hausas are the ones benefiting from this amalgamated Nigeria.

Secession is a good option jor

5 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by member479760: 7:36am On Oct 31, 2012
give them their country make den go!

5 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by StarFist(m): 7:38am On Oct 31, 2012
Damn! angry not ds time around
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by salam001(m): 7:39am On Oct 31, 2012
Na wa for Nigeria,everybody hates igbo but they dont wanna let them Go,A gentleman can always divorce his wife if he hates her,NA WA OOOOO for forced marriage

11 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by ZeusI: 7:39am On Oct 31, 2012
KingMEXX: abeg, What is Opc??
A ragtag organisation of barbarian states which serves the purpose of cowardly-violence, and a grand dream of Awo and Abiolacheesy. 'O' for 'Odudua'(the mythical yoruba ancestors. 'P' for 'Peoples'(rifraffs actually). 'C' for 'Congress'(gathering of confused men).

24 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Sirniyeh(m): 7:40am On Oct 31, 2012
This is a mirageous clamour. Let them summersult 100 time, they are just playing chess game. Where they got it wrong is that they have different two factions under different leaders. One does not support Nov5
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by felifeli: 7:46am On Oct 31, 2012
These people will finally go ? Praise Jesus !
Please let us join them in their demonstration so that they can be allowed to have their own country and leave Nigeria alone.
BIAFRA MUST GO!

6 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Sirniyeh(m): 7:47am On Oct 31, 2012
Zeus I: A ragtag organisation of barbarian states which serves the purpose of cowardly-violence, and a grand dream of Awo and Abiolacheesy. 'O' for 'Odudua'(the mythical yoruba ancestors. 'P' for 'Peoples'(rifraffs actually). 'C' for 'Congress'(gathering of confused men).
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Jungleprince1(m): 7:50am On Oct 31, 2012
You can force som1 to marry you.
My judgement, let biafra go.
And odua be ready, we dont wan u to.............. Let nigeria divide so we can have rest of mind and know who will suffer. After all sudan divide. On ODUA FEDRAL REPUBLIC I STAND
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Emusan(m): 7:50am On Oct 31, 2012
Mr. Globe:

I get irritated that whenever Lagos is mentioned, low lifes like you bring up yorobberland. Is lagos the only south west state.
opc can do nothing. nobody is afraid of opc.
U're stupid 4 dat statement; Did lagos resemble Abj or u hav 4goten dat capital has been move 4m lag sinc. Y lagos nt east state?

1 Like

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Sirniyeh(m): 7:51am On Oct 31, 2012
Zeus I: A ragtag organisation of barbarian states which serves the purpose of cowardly-violence, and a grand dream of Awo and Abiolacheesy. 'O' for 'Odudua'(the mythical yoruba ancestors. 'P' for 'Peoples'(rifraffs actually). 'C' for 'Congress'(gathering of confused men).

you this igbo man, it is only OPC that you can mess with, your husband na Boko Boys. It is only somebody who is sick in his head that writes such foolish things as you did. Becareful!

3 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by MrGlobe(m): 7:51am On Oct 31, 2012
take dat: These miserable Ibo's should spare us their agonies. The same set of people that wants to declare a sovereign state of biafra next monday are still making demands from Nigeria to better their lot.
you are an idiiiottt. making demands from Nigeria really? from their own resources, what does your parasitic yaroba tribe contribute to the FG other than loud mouthing.

6 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by felifeli: 7:57am On Oct 31, 2012
UP BIAFRA! UP BIAFRA!
Walahi na God go punish anybody wey no give them Biafra this time. In fact na Soponno go kill anyone in government who say they should not be allowed to go. Kai na Ogun and Sango and Lukuluku go remove the heads of any saboteurs of the sovereign state of Biafra. Ase. In jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by omayyi: 7:57am On Oct 31, 2012
felifeli: These people will finally go ? Praise Jesus !
Please let us join them in their demonstration so that they can be allowed to have their own country and leave Nigeria alone.
BIAFRA MUST GO!
EXACTLY...I'd definitely contribute my quota to see the ibos leave...seriously. FRESH AIR coming soon..

2 Likes

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by nitlad: 8:00am On Oct 31, 2012
Disgrace you are!
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 31, 2012
E Go Do Nigeria Like Film for eye.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by takedat(m): 8:02am On Oct 31, 2012
Mr. Globe:

you are an idiiiottt. making demands from Nigeria really? from their own resources, what does your parasitic yaroba tribe contribute to the FG other than loud mouthing.
Stop stalking me from thread to thread.
What resources has a land locked region got to offer? I forgot you guys are the most resourceful in kidnapping, drug trafficking, cannibalism and other unprintable vices.
They earlier you go join your fellow scoundrels living in squalor in your village, the merrier for the rest of us

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Re-run: David Mark Votes: Photo / "Buhari & London": Reno Omokri Tweets About Greatest Duos Of All Time / Yoruba Leaders Adopt Atiku For 2019 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.