Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,065 members, 7,835,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Feminist And Mgtows - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminist And Mgtows (466 Views)

Between A Nigerian Feminist And Her Boyfriend / Most Anti Feminist Women R Sex Starved / Welcome To Romance: Home Of Retired Olosho, Baby Mama, Feminist And Hoes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feminist And Mgtows by ePoster: 11:01am On Dec 03, 2019
As passionate beings, it's understandable that during the course of our respective lives, an individual would find atleast one Cause (a movement based on certain principles) he/she firmly believes in. This usually borders around the religious, political and social aspects of our lives. Most often, this Causes on their own are beneficial to us and society as a whole. For not only do they enable us to passively advocate our rights but also form a subtle means of indulging ourselves.
The downside to this however, is that it is easy to get carried away by the doctrines we have been taught. Regarding the topic of this post, the common mistake we generally make is that we often lose our sense of right and wrong.
What differentiates us from one another, apart from our physical appearances, are the values and knowledge we have acquired through experiences. This means that a certain action I regard as wrong, owing to my past life, you may deem right.
If a movement is brought forward and it is based on plausible values, we can follow it. But now too strictly that we forget ourselves. There are core messages each and every movement aims to pass along. No Cause is/should be made a rulebook that it's followers must strictly adhere to. That would leave them on thing but mindless fanatics.
Typing....
Re: Feminist And Mgtows by ePoster: 11:09am On Dec 03, 2019
In any Cause we should be able to implement our sense of right and wrong. Ignore teachings that go against our beliefs and morals. It's not mandatory to act out every instructions but a spiritual leader or in this case, founder of a social movement. Do the right things the movement teaches and leave the wrong ones behind because they don't suit you. People make causes, not the other way around.
wink
Re: Feminist And Mgtows by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 03, 2019
I agree! smiley

In my opinion I believe both movements to a certain degree are needless in the Nigerian society. The traditional African way of life gives both genders privileges they need to tolerate one another, The Man has his roles,and rights, privileges,Sacrifices, Pains the woman has hers too.Both have been designed to fit in and complement each other. If people can understand the beauty of diversity and learn to be more tolerable there will be an end to these two societal nuisance.
Re: Feminist And Mgtows by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 03, 2019
I was of the opinion that it's easy for one to form one's opinion because of the intellect God bestowed unto us. But I was wrong because some people treat it like a rule book. I dont write off MGTOW or RP, because I've spent massive time reading the Manosphere to a degree, Hypergamy, Economic trends and also issues with Family court. However the problem I have with this movement is the vithrol it throws at all women. I think these movements were formed because men in the western nation has been heavily disenfranchised by the government. The US government is heavily pro-women despite radical feminist claiming it to be patriarchal. A man can easily lose his family and wealth in marriage easily. Women tend to aim at successful men on the bid of financial security , Rollo does well to break down something but mehn some of his doctrines are just too extreme and downright sexist , esp concepts around the Wall and spinning plates. But it does have its positive where it advocates for men on how to deal with pshycal health, self goals, career and how men should behave like men because today's Men act like bitvches somewhat. It also informs men on how to avoid women are users and manipulators. Just like any doctrine pick what works for you. However I will say those movement are not useless because there is a legitimate issues that made that movement rise. Even just normal dealings with women, I can tell that the Rational Male actually picks alot of important points whether you want to agree or not. The reason I have issues with it is because Rollo Tomassi throws all women into category which I feel is not right, each environment and society will shape up the type of women and behaviour. A lady in Lagos is more likely to be more exposed and well informed about how she can monetize her sexuality than someone in Ijebu ode. So most of Rollo concepts will fail. It's the society that indirectly modifies how people's behaviour. Just like how you will find Lagosians to be more sharper , cunny, and security conscious than others. That is what I believe. Every man should read the Rational Male and keep an open mind , I've seen a friend go from a decent nice person to something else because of those ideologies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminist And Mgtows by ePoster: 11:36am On Dec 03, 2019
Ariza:
I agree! smiley
wink
Re: Feminist And Mgtows by ePoster: 11:49am On Dec 03, 2019
Pcguru1
I agree. Like you stated, some men embrace mgtow for valid reasons, eg escaping the clutches of manipulative women, learning to be selfaware as a man, etc.
The thing with these movements, feminism, mgtow, mens right, is that they are taught to the average male and female by individuals who indoctrinate the teachings with their own personal beliefs. The followers, rather than turn a deaf ear to what doesnt suit their individual judgement, would take it all in. Most often too, ingnore the core aim of the movement. It happens in religion, social and political movements.
Re: Feminist And Mgtows by Kingsteve(m): 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2019
Mad people everywhere.
Smh
Re: Feminist And Mgtows by Izzyovercomer: 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2019
pcguru1:
I was of the opinion that it's easy for one to form one's opinion because of the intellect God bestowed unto us. But I was wrong because some people treat it like a rule book. I dont write off MGTOW or RP, because I've spent massive time reading the Manosphere to a degree, Hypergamy, Economic trends and also issues with Family court. However the problem I have with this movement is the vithrol it throws at all women. I think these movements were formed because men in the western nation has been heavily disenfranchised by the government. The US government is heavily pro-women despite radical feminist claiming it to be patriarchal. A man can easily lose his family and wealth in marriage easily. Women tend to aim at successful men on the bid of financial security , Rollo does well to break down something but mehn some of his doctrines are just too extreme and downright sexist , esp concepts around the Wall and spinning plates. But it does have its positive where it advocates for men on how to deal with pshycal health, self goals, career and how men should behave like men because today's Men act like bitvches somewhat. It also informs men on how to avoid women are users and manipulators. Just like any doctrine pick what works for you. However I will say those movement are not useless because there is a legitimate issues that made that movement rise. Even just normal dealings with women, I can tell that the Rational Male actually picks alot of important points whether you want to agree or not. The reason I have issues with it is because Rollo Tomassi throws all women into category which I feel is not right, each environment and society will shape up the type of women and behaviour. A lady in Lagos is more likely to be more exposed and well informed about how she can monetize her sexuality than someone in Ijebu ode. So most of Rollo concepts will fail. It's the society that indirectly modifies how people's behaviour. Just like how you will find Lagosians to be more sharper , cunny, and security conscious than others. That is what I believe. Every man should read the Rational Male and keep an open mind , I've seen a friend go from a decent nice person to something else because of those ideologies.

I couldn't agree less. you nailed it.
Re: Feminist And Mgtows by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2019
Nigerian women and men on all living in poverty and forming feminists and Mgtow, there is nothing i wont see in Nigeria, it seems many are not intouch with reality, no be when you don chop bellyfull, you go dey think about stupid ideas.

Feminists and MGTOW all ends on Social media, at the end of the day, hunger and poverty does not know whether you are feminists or mgtow, it destroys even the strongest of feminists and MGTOW, that is why i love hunger and poverty as a tools of control.
Re: Feminist And Mgtows by Kingsteve(m): 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2019
lilwetdick:
Nigerian women and men all living in poverty and forming ferminists and Mgtow, there is nothing i wont see in Nigeria

You see ehh...
In fact, I lack words to describe the foolishness of these people.
Na copy copy go kee them all.
Mtcheeew!
Re: Feminist And Mgtows by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
Kingsteve:

You see ehh...
In fact, I lack words to describe the foolishness of these people.
Na copy copy go kee them all.
Mtcheeew!

leave them, let them continue deceiving themselves with idealism.

1 Like

Re: Feminist And Mgtows by Gerrard59(m): 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2019
lilwetdick:
Nigerian women and men on all living in poverty and forming feminists and Mgtow, there is nothing i wont see in Nigeria, it seems many are not intouch with reality, no be when you don chop bellyfull, you go dey think about stupid ideas.

Feminists and MGTOW all ends on Social media, at the end of the day, hunger and poverty does not know whether you are feminists or mgtow, it destroys even the strongest of feminists and MGTOW, that is why i love hunger and poverty as a tools of control.

grin grin grin

Dem plenty for TwitterNG. But you're right about the poverty aspect. After the argument, it's back to generator fumes, managing to purchase a meal or exam and tiny and foul smelling danfo buses. grin

Poverty is a bad thing!

2 Likes

Re: Feminist And Mgtows by ePoster: 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2019
Kingsteve:
Mad people everywhere. Smh
I dont get?
Re: Feminist And Mgtows by ePoster: 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
lilwetdick:

its valuable in warfare. Nigeria used it in the civil war against the biafrans.

(1) (Reply)

"Low Self Esteem" PART 1 (some Causes And Life Story) / The Kind Of Perfect Man Women Pray For / To Married All Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.