Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

My Family Has Been Scammed - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Has Been Scammed (38613 Views)

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos / Follow These Steps To Avoid Been Scammed In Abuja Properties. / Lady Scammed By Fake Estate Agent In Lagos Shares Her Victory Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 04, 2019
Kindly approve to front page, please

Pls forgive my typographical errors.

Have been following nairaland since 2012 but fully registered 2015, I know some of you would have gone through what am going through now and each of your advises would be duly observed.

We are 3 in our family me my dad, and my elder brother who is also a graduate.

it all started wen I lost my mom to cancer 2016. she was a school teacher in one of the government school in abuja.

After her death we started following up her gratuity from Gov, God willing and thank God we were paid.

We decided to invest the money in schooling, which we decided to build a primary school in PH

I'm from Owerri but I have uncles from rivers state so we had the feelings that river state is a better option for the investement.

At least we have relatives there to show a good place to set up the school.

We went to our uncle's house who happens to be a Lawyer and narrated everything to him concerning a good land to Start up a school.

He told us he had a land for sell, we were happy because we felt he can't scam us.

We went through normal procedures concerning the land he wanted selling to Us.

Sorry not to have mentioned, my uncle came from a very respected and rich family so we handled everything with full assurance.

He then told us that 2 barristers (based in PH) are also involved in the land deal. That they own the land.

Since they were barristers, we consented.

So we paid 5million for two plots.

Though, the area wasn't that developed but they where few houses there, so starting up school there might be profitable

We started building fence and other important things that is ought to be done, in fact, all what we spent would sum up to 1.2million.

In the course of building, someone we don't know came and chase us out of the land, Saying the land belongs to him.

During this period, my dad tried to reach out to my uncle and the other 2 barristers to come and explain things to him but they were no where to be found.

He spent 2 weeks in PH without any sign from them nor results.

This is a year and three months we paid for that land and we haven't step into that land and no straight answers had been given to us.

We trusted him.

What annoys me the most is that he now pick our calls only when he feels like and no straight answer would still be given..

We have been avoiding taking the case to court because we fear it would last longer in court.

He told us to take him anywhere we like, that he will defend himself.

We don't need the land again, we want our money back cause what we have experienced so far is not what we bargained for.

I'm thinking of going to Brekete family (Human Right Radio) in Abuja to seek for solution

Note: My uncle is now based in Abuja but those two lawyers are based in PH.

Please my fellow nairalanders your advise are needed and any comment given would be very much appreciated, cause this totally look like we have been scammed.

Pls front page

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 04, 2019
Why didn't you do due diligence, you were naive.....your uncle is the ant that eat the leaf from within....

160 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Kylexy21: 9:50am On Dec 04, 2019
please report this matter to any human right organization...... don't u know uncles are very wicked!!!! u made a mistake ... secondly buying of lands require so much enquiries.... land dispute has sent many to grave.

142 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 04, 2019
Naked swear for your uncle for market 12am for midnight.

6 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by monddy25(m): 10:10am On Dec 04, 2019
brekete family, aka Dr Ahmed Isah will definitely help.

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 04, 2019
monddy25:
brekete family, aka Dr Ahmed Isah will definitely help.

Thanks very much

14 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Beremx(f): 10:32am On Dec 04, 2019
Family members scamming people since the time of Noah.

It is well

118 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by arbitraguer: 10:40am On Dec 04, 2019
Who do we trust?

Check my signature

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by lalasticlala(m): 1:18pm On Dec 04, 2019
Beremx:
Family members scamming people since the time of Noah.

It is well

True.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Mbbscentric(m): 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
I
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by yjgm(m): 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
This is serious
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Donkenny511(m): 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
Money don make many people lose guard, many people don turn snitch.

Money dey make brother dey sell brother

In all your business dealing, don't involve family, dem go ruin you and nothing you go do.

Report to any organization that can help, they need a power beyond theirs.

20 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Factgist: 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
Nawa o
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by GEOANDSONS: 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
Dam.n

2 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by okpalaAnambra: 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
Never trust anyone whether uncle or not, most times we're scammed by same people who are supposed to protect us, is just unfortunate

28 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by kingjrofficial(m): 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
Ok

Well, I really can't say anything now till I hear the other version of the story

3 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by okpalaAnambra: 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
Is really a difficult thing right now, I hate this kind of situation...This and many experiences I have has made me not to trust people..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
Your uncle? Which means you know his house in the village.
Its simple, get a new cutlass sharpen it to be sure...match to his house this xmas period and do the needful...afterall the kingdom sufferers violence and violent people take it by force.
Your money no go come out oh if you no use force angry angry angry

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Renforce: 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
Family means nothing to some peeps. Omo you people need to give him HELL..... Whichever way you know how to

28 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Liftedhands(f): 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
Was there no document receipts given? Or was all word of mouth?

You need to report all involved and post their pictures and names on social media.

Forget he is your uncle and go all out since he is trying to play smart.

Nonsense

17 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by HillLuxury: 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
Chai family member for that matter
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by dayveed1(m): 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
Stop using the word "UNCLE" for him. He failed as one. Bastard suits him better.. God will help you if you're not a Christian fight him spiritually..

9 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by TheFacelessMan: 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
"Keep family and business completely separated"

Biggie Smalls in 10 Crack Commandments...

You can choose violence / non-violent means of resolution.

1. Violent - e.g. assasination, limb-breaking, African High Court i.e. shrine.

Pros - rapid results. Cons - He wouldn't remain the same

2. Non-violent e.g. leaving him to God, pleading, taking him to Police

Pros - few. Cons - ineffective, unlikely to get you results as fast as you want.

Choice is yours

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Guyman02: 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
You said, he is in Abuja, just send a petition to EFCC and they will invite him and if he refuses they know how to get him.
By the time they drill him, they dont even need him to tell them where the money is as they have the account numbers and bank statements of every citizen and all your banking transactions.
They will block all his bank accounts until the matter is resolved.
I was shocked when we had an issue and those guys showed us all our transactions including foreign transactions on their computer, he wont even be able to deny, thats why its easy for them to get Yahoo boys and politicians that have stolen money with enough evidence. The only problem is lawyers delaying cases based on legal technicalities.
EFCC can help you, its a case of fraud.

170 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by TollaniHub: 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
sorry oh
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by 9iceboi(m): 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
if the man is a lawyer. threat that u will make a formal report to LPDC will solve it.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Cutehector(m): 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
Dont do deals with extended family

2 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by adesegun121(m): 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
Ok
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by shogsman(m): 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2019
Too bad,tag human right activists like segalink and co and post this story on twitter.or try and write to lpdc.make sure you have your evidence intact though.

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by realstars: 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2019
Thank God for giving you wisdom to bring it to this forum which you belong,.
Your case is simple if only you will sent to us, his full name, his office and house address. We will do the best we could do, by protesting his name, till the power from haven above strip his peace and freedom away from him...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by itsme01: 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2019
:

fear some lawyers

for him to ask to be taking to court he played a fast one on you guys, hope the payment evidence are still intact

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The State Of A Compound In Isolo After A Heavy Rainfall - Pics / Hilarious: Photo Of The Day / Lets Build This House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.