Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

My Family Has Been Scammed - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Has Been Scammed (38654 Views)

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos / Follow These Steps To Avoid Been Scammed In Abuja Properties. / Lady Scammed By Fake Estate Agent In Lagos Shares Her Victory Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by chukwuibuipob: 2:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
sad sad u get mouth to call a THIEF uncle undecided? That one is NOT ur uncle,he's a CRIMINAL. .Even use his paddy to play U.Wish U are in Lagos,i go help u find person wey go tie him upside down, plug IRON cool wink cheesy ,he go confess./Take his mata to Military barrack NOT police station pls.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by earleswood(f): 2:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
Your starting point will be to report him to the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) who will then investigate and if found culpable will remove his licence to practice as a lawyer. Before you lodge the complaint with the NBA make sure that you tell your uncle in order to persuade him to refund your money before you take the drastic steps.
The website for the NBA is below
https://www.nigerianbar.org.ng/index.php/report-a-lawyer

See also the example below:

REPORT A LAWYER

PETITION COMPLAINT FORM

Please use this form to tell us about your complaint against a legal practitioner

A. First, please give us your details

(Please note that if you are submitting the petition on behalf of a company, estate, family or other petitioners, the details can be provided in form 0.03 but you need to fill this column for a firsthand contact person)

Surname
First Name
Other Name
Address
Email
Phone
B. The Legal Practitioner’s details

(Please note that if you have a complaint against more than one Legal practitioner in respect of same facts, kindly list them on form 0.02)

Surname
First Name
Other Name
Address
Email
Phone
Name of the Firm

Did you engage the legal practitioner for any legal service?
Yes
No

Does your complaint fall within the following, please indicate

Lawyer/Client Relationship

Domestic/family matter

Subject matter pending before Court

Legal Practitioner’s failure to pay Rent

Landlord/Tenant relationship

Recovery of Debt owed by Legal Practitioner

Corporate/Company matter
Have you reported this matter to any other agency?
Yes
No

(If yes, please briefly state update of the matter at the agency below)

Tell us your complaint against the legal practitioner.

(Please note that it is the fact that are relating to the professional misconduct of the legal practitioner that matters)

List documents in support of your complain, if any

Please click to attach your document (pdf)

Passport

Documents

Affidavit on oath

Do you have witness(es) please state their names and details

Name

Please take note that your petition will be forwarded to the Respondent for his/her response to your Petition.

You will be contacted if and or when a hearing is scheduled but a Panel may dispense with the hearing of the parties to a petition if in its opinion, it can arrive at a decision that a prima facie case has or has not been made out against the Respondent in reliance on the documents before it:

Where a Panel finds that a prima facie case has been made out against a Respondent in reliance on the documents before it, it shall expressly state so with or without giving a detailed reason of the basis of its decision.
Where a Panel finds that a prima facie case has not been made out against a Respondent in reliance on the documents before it or based on evidence led before it, it shall dismiss the petition with or without giving a detailed reason of the basis of its decision.
For further enquiries, please email us on legal@nigerianbar.org.ng

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by ceejay80s(m): 2:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

Thanks very much
And u are still calling or mentioning him as ur uncle from page 1-3 ?

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by castiello(m): 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2019
I am a private investigator contact me for details if your uncle like let him be Chief judge money go come out by the time we handle him I don’t start arrest from police station I start arrest involving the inspector general of police or Efcc.

sarqwest:
Kindly approve to front page, please

Pls forgive my typographical errors.

Have been following nairaland since 2012 but fully registered 2015, I know some of you would have gone through what am going through now and each of your advises would be duly observed.

We are 3 in our family me my dad, and my elder brother who is also a graduate.

it all started wen I lost my mom to cancer 2016. she was a school teacher in one of the government school in abuja.

After her death we started following up her gratuity from Gov, God willing and thank God we were paid.

We decided to invest the money in schooling, which we decided to build a primary school in PH

I'm from Owerri but I have uncles from rivers state so we had the feelings that river state is a better option for the investement.

At least we have relatives there to show a good place to set up the school.

We went to our uncle's house who happens to be a Lawyer and narrated everything to him concerning a good land to Start up a school.

He told us he had a land for sell, we were happy because we felt he can't scam us.

We went through normal procedures concerning the land he wanted selling to Us.

Sorry not to have mentioned, my uncle came from a very respected and rich family so we handled everything with full assurance.

He then told us that 2 barristers (based in PH) are also involved in the land deal. That they own the land.

Since they were barristers, we consented.

So we paid 5million for two plots.

Though, the area wasn't that developed but they where few houses there, so starting up school there might be profitable

We started building fence and other important things that is ought to be done, in fact, all what we spent would sum up to 1.2million.

In the course of building, someone we don't know came and chase us out of the land, Saying the land belongs to him.

During this period, my dad tried to reach out to my uncle and the other 2 barristers to come and explain things to him but they were no where to be found.

He spent 2 weeks in PH without any sign from them nor results.

This is a year and three months we paid for that land and we haven't step into that land and no straight answers had been given to us.

We trusted him.

What annoys me the most is that he now pick our calls only when he feels like and no straight answer would still be given..

We have been avoiding taking the case to court because we fear it would last longer in court.

He told us to take him anywhere we like, that he will defend himself.

We don't need the land again, we want our money back cause what we have experienced so far is not what we bargained for.

I'm thinking of going to Brekete family (Human Right Radio) in Abuja to seek for solution

Note: My uncle is now based in Abuja but those two lawyers are based in PH.

Please my fellow nairalanders your advise are needed and any comment given would be very much appreciated, cause this totally look like we have been scammed.

Pls front page

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Hassino90: 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2019
Report this case as fast as possible to any human right agency you know,your uncle is a very heartless person.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2019
Report to EFCC and DSS, both in Abuja and PH. Let's give them something better to work on.

Also report them to Nigeria Bar Association, with all evidence. Their professional body can discipline them as long as they're still in Nigeria.

Thank me later.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by greggng: 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
sinola:
My people,
Let me advise you.... Anytime you want to buy a land. Let it be in aggrement that you will first fence the land before payment maybe after some months.You can also place a note on the land that it has been being bought....This is to confirm the genuinety of the availability of the land.
If this had been done on this scenario, that dubious uncle of yours wouldn't have scammed you.

The truth is that they were being naive....they trusted their uncle. When I bought my land I didn't even let any family member know until, my house was ready. I hired a lawyer who went to site the land to see if is not government acquisition..thereafter , the lawyer investigated the owner and his family lineage..I also spoke to notable men on that street to confirm if the man is actually the owner...when I confirmed everything I called surveyor to take the coordinates ...thereafter I rush my fence....For me if they try everything and the uncle is adamant, let them do a simple thing ...go to the grave of their mother and narrate everything the uncle has done and ask her to revenge....cos she actually worked for that money....get ready to witness his death.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Lonelypacifist6: 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
EFCCNIGERIA Come and see something don't worry Op I have tell for your uncle.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by zubby4567(m): 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

Thanks very much
Brekete family is in Abj once u get there your matter will be solved within one week..
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Samyyorn5050: 2:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
There's a very easy way to get your money back.
Look for or ask for any power juju and summon them.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by AlphaStyles(m): 2:23pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

Have been following nairaland since 2012 but fully registered 2015, I know some of you would have gone through what am going through now and each of your advises would be duly observed.

it all started wen I lost my mom to cancer 2016. she was a school teacher in one of the government school in abuja.

After her death we started following up her gratuity from Gov, God willing and thank God we were paid.

We decided to invest the money in schooling, which we decided to build a primary school in PH

I'm from Owerri but I have uncles from rivers state so we had the feelings that river state is a better option for the investement.

We went to our uncle's house who happens to be a Lawyer and narrated everything to him concerning a good land to Start up a school.

He told us he had a land for sell, we were happy because we felt he can't scam us.

Sorry not to have mentioned, my uncle came from a very respected and rich family so we handled everything with full assurance.

He then told us that 2 barristers (based in PH) are also involved in the land deal. That they own the land.

Though, the area wasn't that developed but they where few houses there, so starting up school there might be profitable

We started building fence and other important things that is ought to be done, in fact, all what we spent would sum up to 1.2million.

In the course of building, someone we don't know came and chase us out of the land, Saying the land belongs to him.

During this period, my dad tried to reach out to my uncle and the other 2 barristers to come and explain things to him but they were no where to be found.

This is a year and three months we paid for that land and we haven't step into that land and no straight answers had been given to us.

We trusted him.

What annoys me the most is that he now pick our calls only when he feels like and no straight answer would still be given..

We have been avoiding taking the case to court because we fear it would last longer in court.

We don't need the land again, we want our money back cause what we have experienced so far is not what we bargained for.

I'm thinking of going to Brekete family (Human Right Radio) in Abuja to seek for solution

Please my fellow nairalanders your advise are needed and any comment given would be very much appreciated, cause this totally look like we have been scammed.

Pls front page

Family members do scamming a lot my father's brother scammed my popcy of his land and built his house on it

Am not a segalink fan but contact him
If u can contact falz dad do the same
Go to your bank you transferred money or withdrew the money u used in paying your uncle
Report to human right organization
Also report to the police if possible involve EFCC so that a case of scamming can be brought up
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Concepcion9ja(m): 2:23pm On Dec 04, 2019
Trust no one especially lawyers. I've had my experience with them and it has always been terrible. Most lawyers are fraudsters. Doctors too and pastors and alfas.

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
Slimsly100:

Hmmm! cry
Kokoro ti'n je'fo
You right ,I don't want to jabo in my write up.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Beremx(f): 2:26pm On Dec 04, 2019
lalasticlala:

True.
Very true indeed Lala. May I God help us

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by mechanics(m): 2:27pm On Dec 04, 2019
You can try brekete radio program, they will assist you get your money back, issues with land is very delicate, you should have contacted another lawyer to verify the land, you shouldn't have trust your uncle.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Irore: 2:31pm On Dec 04, 2019
okpalaAnambra:
Is really a difficult thing right now, I hate this kind of situation...This and many experiences I have has made me not to trust people..

Did the Holy Bible not tell you not to put your trust in man?
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by tojahh(m): 2:32pm On Dec 04, 2019
Simple stuff. Just bring all those involve. Their pictures and contact details.

Like I said. Simple stuff.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by My2g: 2:33pm On Dec 04, 2019
Petition him to efcc with a good lawyer. They no dey waste time for those crook
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Beremx(f): 2:36pm On Dec 04, 2019
angry angry angry
Josh44s:
When I heard brekete I tot you are referring to Beremx. Both sound synonymous grin

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
Guyman02:
You said, he is in Abuja, just send a petition to EFCC and they will invite him and if he refuses they know how to get him.
By the time they drill him, they dont even need him to tell them where the money is as they have the account numbers and bank statements of every citizen and all your banking transactions.
They will block all his bank accounts until the matter is resolved.
I was shocked when we had an issue and those guys showed us all our transactions including foreign transactions on their computer, he wont even be able to deny, thats why its easy for them to get Yahoo boys and politicians that have stolen money with enough evidence. The only problem is lawyers delaying cases based on legal technicalities.
EFCC can help you, its a case of fraud.
The best advice so far..
Just involve EFCC and watch your uncle beg you guys with additional money on the 5m
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by oloriLFC(f): 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2019
itsme01:
:

fear some lawyers

for him to ask to be taking to court he played a fast one on you guys, hope the payment evidence are still intact

seriously o. I hope he didn't buy the land in his own name and presented a fake document to OP's family. People are terribly wicked
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by nuelyoyo(m): 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2019
uruba23:
Why didn't you do due diligence, you were naive.....your uncle is the ant that eat the leaf from within....
Don't blame him please, it is only bad experience that can make you start doubting close family and friends. It is easy to be scammed by people who are close to you coz you lower your guard, exept you have had a bitter experience before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by lollybizzu(m): 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2019
uruba23:
Why didn't you do due diligence, you were naive.....your uncle is the ant that eat the leaf from within....

You did not make any sense. The deed has been done, he asked for advice and that's all you could say. And those that liked this rubbish too real wa for all of una undecided
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by godumes: 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2019
PH is a hostile state. My master based in Lagos was scammed of a truck load of rice. I did trucking in the same PH. MY advice...If you know of any man of God that has special anointing, go seek him and deal with the situation from that angle. Second advice... ventureing into legal ways will result to threats of lives. My master tried it and the outcome was not friendly. Am speaking from experience.

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Abagworo(m): 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

We trusted him.

Pls front page

Your biggest mistake is leaving your village or at least an urban area near your village to go and invest in a State you know nothing about. The other mistake that you've not made yet is that of investing in school. To build a reasonable school you need at least 10 plots of land and about 200 million Naira for development of the land. 2 plots of land is not enough for just playground not to talk of the admin block, classroom blocks and hostels. Use the remaining money and invest in agribusiness
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by ProfGday(m): 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

We trusted him.

Pls front page
Mic check! Mic check! OK...Clear throat.
The uncle that scammed you is not your uncle,he's a demon from the bottomless pit sent to throw you into forest of advanced poverty.... Read my submission again and again. God bless u son.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by AlphaStorm: 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2019
Kindly check my siggy
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by LabDNA: 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

We trusted him.

Pls front page

Don't be afraid to mention your uncle's name and call him out. So that others don't fall prey to him especially learned people in Abuja who would google his name before doing any business with him.

He has more to lose in bad reputation than the 5 million.

Kpo ya afa, onye oshi ka obu!
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by jamal230(m): 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2019
My brother kindly go to ordinary President of Brekete Family and report, they are always ready to accept cases like this.. but I must advice you get your facts right before heading there.. the Lord is your strength.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2019
Report to the Authorities, EFCC and they would make arrest for advance fee fraud..

Wellcome to Eastern Nigeria. the fell who tried to scam me too in the same manner, paid me back my money within days of been locked up with no food, water, visitors or sunshine.

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by NuelNuelTT(m): 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2019
Bro, I hope there is an evidence of payment (Hardcopy), land agreement (deed) irrevocable power of attorney and approved survey plan. With these, you can involve EFCC, PH Office. This is OBT, obtaining under false pretence.

My people, please never trust ANYONE with cash/money. Let every transaction be in phases depending on the progress report and let ALL payments be through direct transfer (No third party transfer) with proper narration and purpose. God bless our hustle.

itsme01:
:

fear some lawyers

for him to ask to be taking to court he played a fast one on you guys, hope the payment evidence are still intact

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by chopmymoney(f): 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2019
Report the case to EFCC or SARS.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hilarious: Photo Of The Day / Smart Homes - Designs, Planning and Construction / Developing The Top Luxury Apartments and Penthouses In Ikoyi Lagos Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.