Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

My Family Has Been Scammed - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Has Been Scammed (38656 Views)

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos / Follow These Steps To Avoid Been Scammed In Abuja Properties. / Lady Scammed By Fake Estate Agent In Lagos Shares Her Victory Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Yourstruly491(m): 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]
you don't have to be afraid tho. you called him a lawyer. once you are sure he was duly called to the bar, you can go and report him to the port Harcourt Nigerian Bar Association branch, since he practices there and you can take it up with the legal practitioners disciplinary council, with the names of the two lawyers involved. in the twinkling of an eyes, you will see them, because failure to honour the call of the legal practitioners disciplinary council, if you have sufficient proof to back this up will lead to them being derobed. their title as lawyers will be stripped off them..

so just call him and tell him you want to report him to the legal practitioners disciplinary council
thank me later
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by LabDNA: 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2019
FatGuy:
Report him to LPDC (Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Committee), an arm of the NBA

Yes..you can also do this too.

Report to NBA and brekete radio family, from there move the case to EFCC. Give him hell until he finds it difficult to even attend to cases in his chambers. His clients should know the kind of person he is as they may also fall victim.

He should find no peace. Give him hell.
Take your pen and start writing to these authorities.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Iphran6: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2019
If a blood relative can do this to you then who do we trust?
Consult a good human right advocate and get your case on with

For your speed limiter, Car tracker, Car alarm and CCTV installations, call me
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2019
your family IS a scam... with uncle/family like that, who needs ENEMIES?!

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by ForkDragnet: 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
Best place to get justice (brekete family)

With the ordinary president Ahmed isah am sure you and your family will get total justice
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by sinola(m): 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
No,maybe you dont get me.

What i mean is to just start a little block work on the land and the real owners will refurface if any.This is the way we bought 2 plots of land for our village in Amuwo Odofin,Lagos last year after been scammed severally.
Inshort,when you make such suggestion to a seller,if he refuses...take to your heels

partnerbizn4:

Are you in this country at all ?

Who agrees to fencing before payment?
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by pocohantas(f): 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
tojahh:
Simple stuff. Just bring all those involve. Their pictures and contact details.

Like I said. Simple stuff.

grin
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by LabDNA: 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2019
sinola:
My people,
Let me advise you.... Anytime you want to buy a land. Let it be in aggrement that you will first fence the land before payment maybe after some months.You can also place a note on the land that it has been being bought....This is to confirm the genuinety of the availability of the land.
If this had been done on this scenario, that dubious uncle of yours wouldn't have scammed you.

Nobody will let you fence his land before payment. The best bet is to first go to the traditional ruler, eze, onowu or baale of that kindred to confirm ownership and then ministry of lands to confirm documentation before payment. Whoever the government tells you owns the land, owns the land as long as it is gazzetted.

It will cost more but it will prevent a lot of headache in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Sterope(f): 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
Man of God ke?

Are they any closer to God than himself?

godumes:
PH is a hostile state. My master based in Lagos was scammed of a truck load of rice. I did trucking in the same PH. MY advice...If you know of any man of God that has special anointing, go seek him and deal with the situation from that angle. Second advice... ventureing into legal ways will result to threats of lives. My master tried it and the outcome was not friendly. Am speaking from experience.

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by VicM6: 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
When it comes to money matter, i can't even trust my own brother or sister that are my blood..... then why should i trust some crazy family relative...... that was how one scam a girl of 700k ontop this same land matter... Nawa o.... after people will say someone is wicked but i av realise that Man made Man wicked.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
First thing yous should have done After buying the land was to fence it, There is no way one would buy a land or lands in eastern Nigeria or Any where in Nigeria without Fencing the land or lands and left the land or lands for 1 year and 3 months. The land may have been sold to another person-s, After been sold to you.

Even with the fencing lands can still be sold in a scams, but it's ussually difficult because No one would want to buy a fenced land, unless they are sure the land is Genuine.

I know, i used to buy and sell lands and properties in Nigeria.

Go to the Authorities with your papers and they would make an arrest, For Advance fee fraud. Starting with your uncle.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by I888(m): 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
Kylexy21:
please report this matter to any human right organization...... don't u know uncles are very wicked!!!! u made a mistake ... secondly buying of lands require so much enquiries.... land dispute has sent many to grave.
I am currently involved in one land acquisition at the moment. We are talking about land acquisition that will run into 1k acres if all goes well but the first one we found, the man that took us to the place has been pressuring us to bring the buyer to come and pay... I told my friend to tell him not to disturb us cos if any problem come now, he won't be there solve the problem.

He is after what he will eat without considering problems that will come up later.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by AKswift: 3:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
arbitraguer:
Who do we trust?

Check my signature

Nobody!
Have an emotional level of comfort while dealing with people(family members, friends, colleagues, partners, any human that draws breath) but trust nobody accept God!
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by I888(m): 3:27pm On Dec 04, 2019
shadeyinka:
It's so unfortunate no one can be trusted now. I was scammed by a Pastor of my first two plots of land.

The police will only favour the biggest client with money to spend.

You can report him to NBA or look for a SAN to speak to him on your behalf

If police can't help. I will personally kidnap him until that money comes out. I will collect interest on it.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2019
Guyman02:
You said, he is in Abuja, just send a petition to EFCC and they will invite him and if he refuses they know how to get him.
By the time they drill him, they dont even need him to tell them where the money is as they have the account numbers and bank statements of every citizen and all your banking transactions.
They will block all his bank accounts until the matter is resolved.
I was shocked when we had an issue and those guys showed us all our transactions including foreign transactions on their computer, he wont even be able to deny, thats why its easy for them to get Yahoo boys and politicians that have stolen money with enough evidence. The only problem is lawyers delaying cases based on legal technicalities.
EFCC can help you, its a case of fraud.

Poster, this is your answer here.

When someone chop your money, don't waste time going to court.

Petition EFCC, works like magic. If nah before, they will just gather all his properties mark them with red ink. The man will sleep on their mattress for 3 months and he will start paying sharp sharp.

Lol..

3 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by semyman: 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2019
Louisboy22:
If you ask the uncle now which religion do you belong he will say Christian or Muslim, them look at what he is doing to his families too much religion little impact
Such can never be a Muslim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2019
nuelyoyo:
Don't blame him please, it is only bad experience that can make you start doubting close family and friends. It is easy to be scammed by people who are close to you coz you lower your guard, exept you have had a bitter experience before.
Absolutely!! My step brother scammed me too. I Didn't believe it until it happened to me.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by TheSociopath(m): 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2019
uruba23:
Why didn't you do due diligence, you were naive.....your uncle is the ant that eat the leaf from within....

Kokoro to n jefo, idi efo l'owa

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2019
semyman:

Such can never be a Muslim
Definitely! most Muslims are Really Honest, Atleast the ones i ve dealt with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nzeodogwu(m): 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2019
OP if your story is factual and consistent, then panic no more!

Again if you are sure the three niggas are lawyers then your case is even simpler.

Just get their full names, then type this your story and title it A COMPLAINT OF CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT FRAUD, FRAUD, OBTAINING BY FALSE PRETENCES AND CONDUCT UNBECOMING OF A LEGAL PRACTITINER AGAINST (their names).

Addresss and send to the President, Nigerian Bar ASSOCIATION, National Secretariat, NBA House, Plot 1101 Mahammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District, Abuja, F.C.T, Nigeria; The Chairman, Nigerian Bar Association, Port Harcourt Branch, NBA House, Moscow Road, Port Harcourt, Rivers State; The Zonal Head, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Port Harcourt zonal office.

Just do this and watch NBA's LPDC mess up their lives as lawyers and EFCC mess up their lives as citizens.

At the end you would still get back your money and with apology if you insist.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2019
Sterope:
Man of God ke?

Are they any closer to God than himself?

I wonder, grin grin Man of God might scam them too.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by grandstar(m): 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest

Fear relation! They can betray you.

My first cousin approached me for a wing of a duplex owned by my dad. He said he wanted to rent it. We informed him we did not want a guesthouse or hotel.

He assured us it was for a security company. He has turned it to a guest house. He gutted the beautiful wardrobes there. Those wardrobes were priceless Just did whatever he wanted.

We want him out but he is saying that we are family and that we should not take any action that can split the family and that we should endeavor to remain one. Despite, his present sins, he still wants to rent the other wing through the back door. Even paid over 12m through a front. The deal didn't fall through as the front tampered the portion in the draft agreement relating to[b] change in use[/b] without highlighting it in red so we would not be aware of the change. Our eagle-eyed lawyer and my sister noticed the irregularity and his money was returned. I later got to learn from someone he fell out with thah the man was simply his front

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by KingWarri: 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2019
Louisboy22:
If you ask the uncle now which religion do you belong he will say Christian or Muslim, them look at what he is doing to his families too much religion little impact
Religion has nothing to do with this.... Those religions never said that he should defraud his family... This clearly shows that he is not even practicing the religion

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by bongo4real(m): 3:58pm On Dec 04, 2019
Kylexy21:
please report this matter to any human right organization...... don't u know uncles are very wicked!!!! u made a mistake ... secondly buying of lands require so much enquiries.... land dispute has sent many to grave.

True talk.
Especially in PH where 10 generations will be dragging one land.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Champneys: 4:12pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:
Kindly approve to front page, please
Pls forgive my typographical errors.
Have been following nairaland since 2012 but fully registered 2015, I know some of you would have gone through what am going through now and each of your advises would be duly observed.
We are 3 in our family me my dad, and my elder brother who is also a graduate.
it all started wen I lost my mom to cancer 2016. she was a school teacher in one of the government school in abuja.
After her death we started following up her gratuity from Gov, God willing and thank God we were paid.
We decided to invest the money in schooling, which we decided to build a primary school in PH
I'm from Owerri but I have uncles from rivers state so we had the feelings that river state is a better option for the investement.
At least we have relatives there to show a good place to set up the school.
We went to our uncle's house who happens to be a Lawyer and narrated everything to him concerning a good land to Start up a school.
He told us he had a land for sell, we were happy because we felt he can't scam us.
We went through normal procedures concerning the land he wanted selling to Us.
Sorry not to have mentioned, my uncle came from a very respected and rich family so we handled everything with full assurance.
He then told us that 2 barristers (based in PH) are also involved in the land deal. That they own the land.
Since they were barristers, we consented.
So we paid 5million for two plots.
Though, the area wasn't that developed but they where few houses there, so starting up school there might be profitable
We started building fence and other important things that is ought to be done, in fact, all what we spent would sum up to 1.2million.
In the course of building, someone we don't know came and chase us out of the land, Saying the land belongs to him.
During this period, my dad tried to reach out to my uncle and the other 2 barristers to come and explain things to him but they were no where to be found.
He spent 2 weeks in PH without any sign from them nor results.
This is a year and three months we paid for that land and we haven't step into that land and no straight answers had been given to us.
We trusted him.
What annoys me the most is that he now pick our calls only when he feels like and no straight answer would still be given..
We have been avoiding taking the case to court because we fear it would last longer in court.
He told us to take him anywhere we like, that he will defend himself.
We don't need the land again, we want our money back cause what we have experienced so far is not what we bargained for.
I'm thinking of going to Brekete family (Human Right Radio) in Abuja to seek for solution
Note: My uncle is now based in Abuja but those two lawyers are based in PH.
Please my fellow nairalanders your advise are needed and any comment given would be very much appreciated, cause this totally look like we have been scammed.
Pls front page

Ok.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Abolajihowells2: 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

Have been following nairaland since 2012 but fully registered 2015, I know some of you would have gone through what am going through now and each of your advises would be duly observed.

it all started wen I lost my mom to cancer 2016. she was a school teacher in one of the government school in abuja.

After her death we started following up her gratuity from Gov, God willing and thank God we were paid.

We decided to invest the money in schooling, which we decided to build a primary school in PH

I'm from Owerri but I have uncles from rivers state so we had the feelings that river state is a better option for the investement.

We went to our uncle's house who happens to be a Lawyer and narrated everything to him concerning a good land to Start up a school.

He told us he had a land for sell, we were happy because we felt he can't scam us.

Sorry not to have mentioned, my uncle came from a very respected and rich family so we handled everything with full assurance.

He then told us that 2 barristers (based in PH) are also involved in the land deal. That they own the land.

Though, the area wasn't that developed but they where few houses there, so starting up school there might be profitable

We started building fence and other important things that is ought to be done, in fact, all what we spent would sum up to 1.2million.

In the course of building, someone we don't know came and chase us out of the land, Saying the land belongs to him.

During this period, my dad tried to reach out to my uncle and the other 2 barristers to come and explain things to him but they were no where to be found.

This is a year and three months we paid for that land and we haven't step into that land and no straight answers had been given to us.

We trusted him.

What annoys me the most is that he now pick our calls only when he feels like and no straight answer would still be given..

We have been avoiding taking the case to court because we fear it would last longer in court.

We don't need the land again, we want our money back cause what we have experienced so far is not what we bargained for.

I'm thinking of going to Brekete family (Human Right Radio) in Abuja to seek for solution

Please my fellow nairalanders your advise are needed and any comment given would be very much appreciated, cause this totally look like we have been scammed.

Pls front page

Just to NPF head quarters abuja to make proper complain
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by shadeyinka(m): 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
I888:

If police can't help. I will personally kidnap him until that money comes out. I will collect interest on it.
Very funny!

But please be careful of words as it could bounce back against you several years down line.

Basketmouth is a good case!
Peace

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 4:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

We trusted him.

Pls front page
Reading your story, I wanted to say Brekete family and then you mentioned it. Guy run there o! The earlier the better. No time for dulling. There is always a long queue there so if you go now it's good for you. Prepare your facts very well before going with details of transactions. It will make ordinary Ahmed's work easier. All the best man.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by I888(m): 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2019
shadeyinka:

Very funny!

But please be careful of words as it could bounce back against you several years down line.

Basketmouth is a good case!
Peace
lol. I was kidding
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by middlebelter(m): 4:30pm On Dec 04, 2019
There is a Yoruba adage that says " Enemy lives right behind your house and the wicked that will undo a man resides in his house.

Listen the uncle or whatever you called his has scammed you and your family. If he has his way he can eliminate the entire family because of money. Be guided and avoid him like leaper.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by fendorf(m): 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

We trusted him.

Pls front page
write a petition to efcc
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Datingcomrade(f): 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
My dear, this is a fraud case, what you need to do now is to report the case to efcc,those guys are good in investigation, that's why I dey pity some yahoo Boys wey them catch, if your uncles denies you paying him, efcc will pull up all his transactions since he opened his bank account, am saying these via experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hilarious: Photo Of The Day / Developing The Top Luxury Apartments and Penthouses In Ikoyi Lagos Nigeria / Smart Homes - Designs, Planning and Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.