Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) (34283 Views)

Ebonyi Residents Sack Fulani Herdsmen, Destroy Their Houses (video) / Woman Cries Out As Herdsmen Destroy Her Crops With Their Cattle / Herdsmen Destroy UNILORIN Research Farms (2) (3) (4)

Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by dre11(m): 9:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
Bamigbola Gbolagunte , Akure

Herdsmen Destroy 100 Hectares Of Rice Farm In Ondo

Hoodlums suspected to be herdsmen have allegedly destroyed a rice plantation in Asolo village, a suburb of Uso in Owo Local Government Area of Ondo State.

The farm, owned by a group of rice farmers, was allegedly invaded by the herdsmen who were reportedly armed with AK47 rifles.

The herdsmen, according to sources, drove all the farmers away upon their arrival, even as they threatened to shoot them.

Sources revealed that a herdsman was arrested by farmers in the area last Friday along side his two cows when he led his cows to the same farm.

The herdsmen’s decision, who invaded the farm, was however linked to the arrest of their kinsman who was said to be in the custody of the farmers as at the time the herders invaded the farm.

It was gathered that Fulani herdsmen, numbering four, had on Monday stormed the farm and chased away the farmers before calling their counterparts who invaded the farm with their cows.

The farm, which is on 100 hectares land, is among the farms assisted by Ondo State government with Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) loans in its drive to boost rice production in the state.

One of the farmers said the state government should take drastic step to prevent attack by herdsmen.

He said the political will exercised by the Ekiti State governor gave farmers a reprieve from the heinous activities of the herdsmen.

The farmer lamented that the money and efforts invested in the farm went down the drain just within 24 hours and called for help from the federal and state governments.

He said no one has been arrested in connection with the incident, adding that the matter had been reported to the police.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/suspected-herdsmen-destroy-100-hectares-of-rice-farm-in-ondo/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by obi4eze(m): 9:21pm On Dec 04, 2019

And they want us to go into agriculture...

Nothing works in this country apart from corruption, deception and massive looting of the commonwealth.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by healthserve(m): 9:23pm On Dec 04, 2019
Mehn and these are farms setup on loans and grants

Selective justice won't make their voices be heard. What a country!

174 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by ContentedK: 9:26pm On Dec 04, 2019
A shiithole indeed

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by danny56: 9:27pm On Dec 04, 2019
You people should just borrow that thunder and lightening from osun and use it.

206 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by Racoon(m): 9:29pm On Dec 04, 2019
Abeg they need to invoke that thunder that have consumed two sets or so of their kinsman & their cattle weeks back.Barbaric people. sad

50 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by digitaltrades: 9:29pm On Dec 04, 2019
Now, that hypocrite called NGpatriot will never condemn this. Yet, he goes about deceiving himself that he is a patriot.

He is only a patriot when the patriotism supports people of his preferred tribe and religion.

Now that his preferred tribe) religion is guilty, his so-called patriotism will go on sabbatical.

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by mrvitalis(m): 9:32pm On Dec 04, 2019
Don't shout if not they won't give u president 2023 ...just endure till we take over we go show them

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2019
News Today:

DSS uncovers plot by miscreants to destabilise Nigeria.

Now, I guess Fulani herdsmen are harmonizing Nigeria by destroying people's farmlands and killing them as well?

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by HallaDaTruth: 9:49pm On Dec 04, 2019
What a shame. These people keep knocking on doors. One day they will knock on a certain door and when it opens, they will enter and never come out. Thank God for modern tech. In future the world will play the fulani tape to explain to the future generations why certain things have befallen them in future. It will all be traced back to these days

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by Omoodua007: 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2019
Can they send thunder to this barbarians

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by Maxymilliano(m): 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2019
And the farmers could not invoke the Ijare lightening to avenge the attack ?

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by Blakjewelry(m): 9:52pm On Dec 04, 2019
Them think say rice na grass?

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by rejoice4eva(m): 9:52pm On Dec 04, 2019
Criminals in power in Nigeria. There will not be any arrest of offenders, while the innocent are put in prison

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by iluvdonjazzy: 9:53pm On Dec 04, 2019
Don't worry thunder is coming.
Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by helinues: 9:54pm On Dec 04, 2019
Thank God they have been arrested? Why can't they report the case to police instead of storming people's farm.

Let them rot in jail

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by slimfit1(m): 10:05pm On Dec 04, 2019
The state must compensate the farmer other there is going to be problem. You cant keep quiet and not compensate me but you compesate the farmers behind camera.

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by AstralBody: 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2019
In Tinubus voice" were are the cows"?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by helinues: 10:10pm On Dec 04, 2019
FRESHG:
ARE YOU FVCKING KIDDING ME shocked CHAI THIS PEOPLE CAN SELL THEIR BIRTH RIGHT JUST TO BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY. UNA SORRY O embarassed

Only an attention seekers write in CAP lock

so can you swerve pls

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by Ojiofor: 10:11pm On Dec 04, 2019
Fulani herdsmen saints do no evil and see no evil.
The accormodators love them like that.

25 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by ChimaAdeoye: 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2019
healthserve:
Mehn and these are farms setup on loans and grants

Selective justice won't make their voices be heard. What a country!

Fulanis are above the law and consider other Nigerians inferior cowards because we decided not to confront them.

Nothing will happen and sorry for this farmer if he has bank debts to settle. It's his cup of tea.

Fulanis are lords over Nigeria

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by Rekhina(f): 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2019
A Yoruba man just said ,ipob is responsible

...Cowards (ie metaphysical ly cowardly cheesy )

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by Rekhina(f): 10:17pm On Dec 04, 2019
helinues:

Only an attention seekers write in CAP lock

so can you swerve pls
Shame on u tufiakwa

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by helinues: 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
Rekhina:
Shame on u tufiakwa

Late evening commenters.. Why have you been avoiding my questions about you residing /living in Dubai like the way you have lied to so many innocents people on NL. Tell me same now and i burst your locations

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by Rekhina(f): 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2019
helinues:

Late evening commenters.. Why have you been avoiding my questions about you residing /living in Dubai like the way you have lied to so many innocents people on NL. Tell me same now and i burst your locations
Everyone knows my body and soul is in Dubai ,
So if u know those lies of me selling onions in onitsha head bridge pop it out , Mtchew onufia

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by helinues: 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2019
Rekhina:
Everyone knows my body and soul is in Dubai ,
So if u know those lies of me selling onions in onitsha head bridge pop it out , Mtchew onufia

No challenging. So amma let you be... But stop deceiving innocents people about your location. You and I both know its all fake

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by MetaPhysical: 11:16pm On Dec 04, 2019
Rekhina:
A Yoruba man just said ,ipob is responsible

...Cowards (ie metaphysical ly cowardly cheesy )

Hey honey! kiss

Re: Herdsmen Destroy Rice Farm In Ondo (Asolo, Usu, Owo LGA) by MetaPhysical: 11:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
I guess fulani decided they will retaliate the repeated attack on their investment by destroying farm investments in Ondo. They have made a big error of calculation.

They must recompense those farmers for crop loss.

Security Guard's Wife Mistaken For Millionaire's Wife, Kidnapped In Lagos / Man Tackles A Lady Who Accused Him Of Trying To Touch Her Right Breast / Arms & Ammunition Recovered In Benue After A Soldier Was Killed (Photos)