Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project (21515 Views)

40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After / The 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project In Gombe (Photos) / See 40MW Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba Delivered As Promised By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by itsene: 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2019
SODbaba2:
Can't they do a project of 500mw, 1500mw at and forget, building 40mw power plants kakiri until there is no space to build house again
Big river, big dams, big megawatts!
Feasibility studies must have shown that only about 40MW could be supported.
Dry season might affect capacity also.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2019
SODbaba2:
Can't they do a project of 500mw, 1500mw at and forget, building 40mw power plants kakiri until there is no space to build house again

At least you are a bit educated. 500 megawatts is too small if you were going to build 500 megawatts you need at least 40 of them to make Nigeria self-sufficient in electricity
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by barryj1: 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2019
My ogun state Governor where art thou?
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by Conceptman: 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

The problem in Nigeria is the people are illiterate they do not understand what developing a country is about. Any power station which Nigeria built less than 1000 megawatts is a waste of time. The problem is what we are building is just like generators or wind turbine the power generation is not just enough. What is happening China is just ripping Nigeria of big time because they know Nigerians are illiterate they just build Nigeria anything which is inadequate. How can you say in 1960s and 70s other African countries were Building 300 megawatt coal power stations and today Nigeria is building 40 megawatt power station this is a total joke
this is so funny but the bitter truth, if in this century we are still here then it's a pity
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
itsene:

Big river, big dams, big megawatts!
Feasibility studies must have shown that only about 40MW could be supported.
Dry season might affect capacity also.

Nigeria has huge river why are they building dams in the North which are dry when do hall of Southwest and south-south have a lot of water. The German company Siemens did a visibility study and found out Nigeria can build a 5000 megawatt Dam on the River Niger in south south. This study was done in 1995 and nothing is done up to today we are building dams in the north of Nigeria which is desert

1 Like

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by shiwex: 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2019
Can someone please tell me roughly how many homes can 40MW power. I dont know so just asking. want to have a rough idea where we are and where we are going.

1 Like

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
christejames:
Nice one, no wonder power supply never blinks in Gombe.
I never knew Dadin Kowa also encompass power generation I thought it was just for irrigation and supply of water.

#followNPFL

every dam is by definition a source of power, because you are holding back the flow of water which is all you need to power a turbine. People who live in remote areas in some countries even dam streams near their homes with micro hydro power turbines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWqFEF2Ov4c

1 Like

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by shiwex: 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Nigeria has huge river why are they building dams in the North which are dry when do hall of Southwest and south-south have a lot of water. The German company Siemens did a visibility study and found out Nigeria can build a 5000 megawatt Dam on the River Niger in south south. This study was done in 1995 and nothing is done up to today we are building dams in the north of Nigeria which is desert

The issue with dams is that you dont control the water supply . What if one of the source countries decides to build a major dam....then water that you need for your dam is affected. currently Egypt and other countries are having issues with ethiopia building a dam.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by Hardeybohwarley(m): 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2019
christejames:
Nice one, no wonder power supply never blinks in Gombe.
I never knew Dadin Kowa also encompass power generation I thought it was just for irrigation and supply of water.

#followNPFL
Kariya, aina a Gombe. Ina Ashaka and Huta ba stable ba ne.
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by FriendNG: 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2019
olaboy33:
We have silent governors making large impacts in their states.

The National Grid can never give us stable electricity supply, we have many states who can power themselves but are handicapped by contributing their generation to the national grid.

Let each state generate and transmit their own power. Lagos alone can even supply some other south western states.

is this a state government project?
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by 27Pushing30: 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2019
olaboy33:
This governor is silently performing but all we hear is Seyi Makinde after budgeting a good chunk for PR
Azzin I just dey laugh ...

The man is ambitious sha , he’s really keen on contesting presidential in ‘23
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by E2000: 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2019
GidifeedNews:
Executive Governor, Gombe State, Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya, visited 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower project in his State that has been completed. The project will soon be commissioned by President Buhari this month.

The project will produce 40 mega watts of electricity to improve and stabilise power supply as well as promote socio-economic development of the region and country at large.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/12/05/gov-inuwa-yahaya-inspecting-the-completed-40mw-dadin-kowa-hydropower-project/
What is it with Nigeria always looking majorly with generating power from water? What about other viable means?
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by MrBONE2(m): 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:
For god sake what is 40 megawatt. Nigeria is a total illiterate paradise were illiterate ruled the country for morning to night. 40 megawatts cannot even give 15 roads in Nigeria electricity. Ethiopia is building 3000 megawatt dam. Tanzania is building 1500 megawatt dam. Nigeria is building 40 megawatts. In 1960s and 70s other African countries were Building 300 megawatt power stations And somebody is celebrating for 40 megawatts
grin

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by jahsharon: 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2019
darfay:
Nawa o, at this stage of our statehood, president of a country of 200m people would use fun fare to commission a mere 40 mega watts project, even Kenya won't have such mediocre things done

One president from South-South Nigeria used several millions of naira with fun fare and Aso-Ebi to commission the map of the 2nd Niger Bridge on drawing board. What do you say about that? Buhari is currently building the physical bridge. So, keep shut before Thunder stikes you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by adecz: 4:14pm On Dec 05, 2019
Another PDP project commissioned!!!

We never knew it was possible for
another party to come & perform so
woefully that a discredited party like PDP
will start looking like saints.

A few days back, Bubu went to Kaduna
to commission an ultramodern 44 Army
Hospital built by PDP.

We are awaiting for the current govt to
commission even one single project
they started or initiated.

The current govt is like an impotent man
going about accepting children from
concubines & acting as father in all
naming ceremonies!!

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by slimthugchimee2(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
samuelshosanya:

With 40MW power abi? when the mosque in Saudi Arabia in Jeddah is using 18,680MW ...

Lol mosque using 18000mw, which Kind lie be this abeg?

1 Like

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by Mrsserene: 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2019
What is drawing some people back is that they never see good in anything. The only thing they are good at is insulting Buhari and wishing Nigeria bad. Back to sender abeg.
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by webngnews: 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2019
Oh
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by matrixme(m): 4:36pm On Dec 05, 2019
shiwex:

The issue with dams is that you dont control the water supply . What if one of the source countries decides to build a major dam....then water that you need for your dam is affected. currently Egypt and other countries are having issues with ethiopia building a dam.
Oga Einstein, River Niger at Onitsha is flowing to the Niger Delta, and simultaneously into sea. No other countries will be affected if an actual dam is built. It's just plain willpower. Like the stupid idea of piping oil up north to site a refinery.
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by AyeMoJuba: 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2019
NaijaCelebrity:
Which side in Gombe do you leave?

...and this @ the bold....is supposed to be which Language?
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2019
SODbaba2:

You are ignorant, don't you know power generation is highly capital intensive? How much is Nigeria budget? Harvard University budget is higher than Nigeria's
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by AmazingELixir: 4:46pm On Dec 05, 2019
lipsrsealed

Dangote Style....Chinese construction indian project management
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by Iziquiel(m): 4:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
samuelshosanya:

With 40MW power abi? when the mosque in Saudi Arabia in Jeddah is using 18,680MW ...
This is impossible. Jeddah has a population of around 4.8m people. The whole residents and industries in Jeddah can't consume 18,680MW of electricity let alone a Mosque.

1 Like

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by kamat01: 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2019
It was the former governor project quote author=olaboy33 post=84650449]This governor is silently performing but all we hear is Seyi Makinde after budgeting a good chunk for PR[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by christejames(m): 5:34pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hardeybohwarley:

Kariya, aina a Gombe. Ina Ashaka and Huta ba stable ba ne.

inajin Hausa kada kadan...

Yes, light should be stable around Ashaka Cement, I think they also generate electricity there.
I stayed in Gombe town around Tunfre, I left there last year. Still miss that amazing city.

1 Like

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by Dollyak(f): 5:34pm On Dec 05, 2019
shiwex:
Can someone please tell me roughly how many homes can 40MW power. I dont know so just asking. want to have a rough idea where we are and where we are going.
Using an Admd of 2kw per house, It should be able to supply c20-30k houses.
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by christejames(m): 5:38pm On Dec 05, 2019
isthatso:

every dam is by definition a source of power, because you are holding back the flow of water which is all you need to power a turbine. People who live in remote areas in some countries even dam streams near their homes with micro hydro power turbines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWqFEF2Ov4c

Thanks for this knowledge Bro
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by christejames(m): 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2019
NaijaCelebrity:
Which side in Gombe do you leave?

I lived in Labour Quarters Tumfre, but I left Gombe last year.

1 Like

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by christejames(m): 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2019
Bazamfare:
Are you in Gombe State?

I left there last year, still miss that town.

1 Like

Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by christejames(m): 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2019
Bazamfare:
Are you in Gombe State?

I left there last year, still miss that town.
Re: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project by Hardeybohwarley(m): 5:45pm On Dec 05, 2019
christejames:

inajin Hausa kada kadan...

Yes, light should be stable around Ashaka Cement, I think they also generate electricity there.
I stayed in Gombe town around Tunfre, I left there last year. Still miss that amazing city.

Toh. Yayi kyau. Light is stable for those under Ashaka Cement supply coverage but the rest of the community are not enjoying stable light. And on a scale of 1-10 I won't rate Gombe light more than 5.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#EndSARS Protests And Absentee Minister Of Interior, By Tayo Oke / Andrew Yakubu Asks Court To Return Seized Looted $9.7m,£74,000 To Him / Nigerian Army Denies Going On A Medical Outreach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.