Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,856 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader (5867 Views)

Chibok Community Leader Thanks Jonathan For Sending Emissary / "Heart Attacks & Frustration Kill 7 Parents Of Chibok Girls" - Community Leader / Convoy Of Kwara's First-Lady Killed Lagos Community Leader- Saharareporters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 25, 2010
Onlytruth:

Frankly most of these guys attacking Ohanaeze have some kind of mental problem because none of their position makes sense.

Since I was born (believe me, I was not born yesterday  undecided undecided), I have NEVER seen Igbo people speak with one voice. NEVER.  cry cry cry sad sad sad

I later found out that it was one of the reasons why we lost the war, because you had goats (thinking they were smart) challenging EVERY decision the war council took.  The result? Disunity and loss of war.

[s]The most enduring sign of Igbo disunity in Nigeria is the OPEN marginalization of Ndigbo in Nigeria.
[/s]Anytime there is ANY effort to unite around a common cause, ALL manners of jackals rise up in defiance to challenge it.  undecided undecided
Some will say something as st/upid as "no one can tell me who to vote for!". Well, your votes are IRRELEVANT because we will vote 35 million ways!  undecided undecided

Even Ijaw with a population of about 4 million in Nigeria have managed to push their agenda unto the national stage and it yielded one of them as president longer than an Igbo ever held the post.  Now, the same folks will come here to challenge Ohanaeze as if it created the problem. The question I ask these folks is this:

If I refuse to accept ANY of YOUR positions, do you think that YOU can ever move an inch forward? Answer, NO!

It is more respectful and sensible that you accept Ohanaeze's position which is a group position (every Nigerian knows that Ohanaeze speaks for Ndigbo, it doesn't matter that you think otherwise!  undecided undecided), else you would remain a joke in Nigeria. The most urgent task before Ndigbo is to remove the spirit of senseless challenge to authority from our midst, else we are doomed!

Ohanaeze may not be perfect, but it is our greatest asset and can be used in powerful ways to secure our interest in Nigeria.
DO NOT EVER ASSUME THAT ONLY YOU CAN SEE OHANAEZE's faults. undecided undecided WE ALL CAN, BUT CHOOSE TO EMPHASIS ITS POSITIVE SIDE MORE!

That is called being sensible.  cool

The egalitarian approach to government and politics by early ibo culture may have been responsible fo the disunity among the ibo nation.the abesnce of a centralized system of government to garner and ascert authority overtime have made indigenes become liberal and democratic to come under a group to make decisions that would ensure the progress of the ibo generations.
Ibo disunity has nothing to do with external aggression.it is a result of factors from within.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Onlytruth(m): 10:06am On Nov 25, 2010
~Bluetooth:

The egalitarian approach to government and politics by early ibo  culture may have been responsible fo the disunity among the ibo nation.the abesnce of a centralized system of government to garner and ascert authority overtime have made indigenes become liberal and democratic to come under a group to make decisions that would ensure the progress of the ibo generations.
Ibo disunity has nothing to do with external aggression.it is  a result of factors from within.

If you understood what I wrote, you would not have made the bolded statement. We are saying the same thing.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Kobojunkie: 10:18am On Nov 25, 2010
~Bluetooth:

they've been critical in igbo affairs though operating as a social cultural group.it's more than an organization when it was first created.

You really have little knowledge of Ibos, do you? So you feel because a handle full of people on nairaland speak of this group, and they get a mention now and then in the news means this largely unknown group has been critical in ibo affairs? You really need your head examined my friend . . . ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by 1025: 10:28am On Nov 25, 2010
Who is ndukwe ikoh?Probably a nobody,i havnt heard that name before.His grudge against ohanaeze is likely to be ohanaeze position on the issue of eze ndi igbo outside igboland,a decision ohanaeze took after wide consultations with all the ezes,obis and igwes in igboland.You guys make this endorsement look like uwaechue agenda when we all know that he did wide consultation with various igbo group before endorsing GEJ,any body who cares to know the truth should forget these men and go to the streets of enugu,owerri,aba,umuahia,abakaliki,awka and onitsha and see that GEJ is the peoples choice.

@vicenzo,
that is exactly the case. whenever one does not fall in line behind u, he becomes a nobody. if ur ohanaeze made the consultations as you said, it means every igbo man except ikoh supports jonathan, abi? in ur dream. in the same manner u do not know ikoh, i do not know of this man uwaechue until this support for jonathan issue.
maybe when next he will come to our village to seek our consent on an issue like this, i will have the opportunity of meeting him.

Frankly most of these guys attacking Ohanaeze have some kind of mental problem because none of their position makes sense.

Since I was born (believe me, I was not born yesterday  Undecided Undecided), I have NEVER seen Igbo people speak with one voice. NEVER.  Cry Cry Cry Sad Sad Sad

I later found out that it was one of the reasons why we lost the war, because you had goats (thinking they were smart) challenging EVERY decision the war council took.  The result? Disunity and loss of war.

The most enduring sign of Igbo disunity in Nigeria is the OPEN marginalization of Ndigbo in Nigeria. Anytime there is ANY effort to unite around a common cause, ALL manners of jackals rise up in defiance to challenge it.  Undecided Undecided
Some will say something as st/upid as "no one can tell me who to vote for!". Well, your votes are IRRELEVANT because we will vote 35 million ways!  Undecided Undecided

Even Ijaw with a population of about 4 million in Nigeria have managed to push their agenda unto the national stage and it yielded one of them as president longer than an Igbo ever held the post.  Now, the same folks will come here to challenge Ohanaeze as if it created the problem. The question I ask these folks is this:

If I refuse to accept ANY of YOUR positions, do you think that YOU can ever move an inch forward? Answer, NO!

It is more respectful and sensible that you accept Ohanaeze's position which is a group position (every Nigerian knows that Ohanaeze speaks for Ndigbo, it doesn't matter that you think otherwise!  Undecided Undecided), else you would remain a joke in Nigeria. The most urgent task before Ndigbo is to remove the spirit of senseless challenge to authority from our midst, else we are doomed!

Ohanaeze may not be perfect, but it is our greatest asset and can be used in powerful ways to secure our interest in Nigeria.
DO NOT EVER ASSUME THAT ONLY YOU CAN SEE OHANAEZE's faults. Undecided Undecided WE ALL CAN, BUT CHOOSE TO EMPHASIS ITS POSITIVE SIDE MORE!

That is called being sensible.  Cool

@onlytruth,
i can't help but start clapping for u. very intelligent speech especially that aspect that confirm those of us challenging ohanaeze ndigbo's decission as having mental problem.
if u say we have mental problems, i agree especially me. been an igboman makes me more mental than u can imagine.
orji uzor kalu once made a move to reconcile all parties having issues among the elites of ndigbo but those moves were saboutaged while the federal govt sponsored agenda told the igbos that kalu is a criminal and the igbos followed that forgeting the idea of unity.
uncle, are u preaching untiy when the elders of the land cannot seat on the same table? uncle where will ndigbo go without the chinue achebes, ekwuemes, jim nwobodos, kalus, iwuanyanwus, nnamanis and other top class igbos. i can do without u is a very bad language.
where was this so called ohanaeze ndigbo when one of us, chris uba with the backing of FG destroyed our own land? where was ohanaeze when ohakim of imo state was selling non existing jobs to poor graduates? where was ohanaeze when the laws of the educational system of one nigeria favours other at the detriment of the easterners?
what is the guarranttee that jonathan will be the next president? with what face will this same ohanaeze meet atiku or someone else if the wind blows the other ways?
let me remind you that ohanaeze's involvement in politics shld be a neutral one not the one that will take side. they can only educate the voters especially the youths on the need to conduct themselves well during elections and vote wisely.
i don't care what other name or names u will call me in ur next post but the truth must be told.
the objectives for which the ohanaeze ndigbo was formed are defeated and some disgruntled elements have seen this as an opportunity to manipulate the masses.
if since u were born, u have never seen the igbos talk with one voice, why are u calling us names for not supporting ur position this time arround?
how can ohanaeze ndigbo support goodluck jonathan and sambo for president without knowing who the other candidates are? what if our own son is running for president? what if the other camps are going to use our own as running mate?
for not supporting ohanaeze and jonathan and for not supporting an igbo candidate, who is the betrayal here?
if this uninformed ohanaeze has a deal with jonathan to give them the presidency after his tenure, what agreements and documents do they have for this? what right/power does jonathan have to give u president? is it not possible we are using goat dealers as ohanaeze with this kind of hope?
if at my age and experience in life, anyone is speaking on my behalf on who to vote for, i will not waste time in calling that one an slowpoke.
who says, i don know what i want? who says, i don't know what is good for me?
this ur ohanaeze needs to do somethings right to get the minds of the people to warrant follwoing them like zombie. you don't just meet someone and begin to dish out orders.
even in  ur homes, u have to prove urself to ppl in the house before they listen to u.
so u can go ahead and call me some other names bcs today, i am in my happy mode and i have more and more points to deliever to u and those ur uninformed importers turned leaders.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Abagworo(m): 10:34am On Nov 25, 2010
I am yet to see Afenifere endorse a candidate.Ohaneze could have waited till April after the campaigns before advising Igbos on the best candidate.Ohaneze supported 3rd term while Afenifere which represents OBJ's ethnic group kept their calm.Arewa is yet to take a stand even though it is more political than socio-cultural.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 25, 2010
Onlytruth:

If you understood what I wrote, you would not have made the bolded statement. We are saying the same thing.
i don't under what you meant but marginalization wouldn't have occurred if ibo have their house in order.
Kobojunkie:

You really have little knowledge of Ibos, do you? So[s] you feel because a handle full of people on nairaland speak of this group,[/s] and they get a mention now and then in the news means this largely unknown group has been critical in ibo affairs? You really need your head examined my friend . . . ROFLMAO!!!
Even when a lot of ibo here do not know the importance of the group to the ibo culture itself ? Fyi,that is the ony group that has been representing the ibo since[b] after the civil war.[/b]
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Onlytruth(m): 10:44am On Nov 25, 2010
1025:

@vicenzo,
that is exactly the case. whenever one does not fall in line behind u, he becomes a nobody. if your ohanaeze made the consultations as you said, it means every igbo man except ikoh supports jonathan, abi? in your dream. in the same manner u do not know ikoh, i do not know of this man uwaechue until this support for jonathan issue.
maybe when next he will come to our village to seek our consent on an issue like this, i will have the opportunity of meeting him.
@onlytruth,
i can't help but start clapping for u. very intelligent speech especially that aspect that confirm those of us challenging ohanaeze ndigbo's decission as having mental problem.
if u say we have mental problems, i agree especially me. been an igboman makes me more mental than u can imagine.
orji uzor kalu once made a move to reconcile all parties having issues among the elites of ndigbo but those moves were saboutaged while the federal govt sponsored agenda told the igbos that kalu is a criminal and the igbos followed that forgeting the idea of unity.
uncle, are u preaching untiy when the elders of the land cannot seat on the same table? uncle where will ndigbo go without the chinue achebes, ekwuemes, jim nwobodos, kalus, iwuanyanwus, nnamanis and other top class igbos. i can do without u is a very bad language.
where was this so called ohanaeze ndigbo when one of us, chris uba with the backing of FG destroyed our own land? where was ohanaeze when ohakim of imo state was selling non existing jobs to poor graduates? where was ohanaeze when the laws of the educational system of one nigeria favours other at the detriment of the easterners?
what is the guarranttee that jonathan will be the next president? with what face will this same ohanaeze meet atiku or someone else if the wind blows the other ways?
let me remind you that ohanaeze's involvement in politics shld be a neutral one not the one that will take side. they can only educate the voters especially the youths on the need to conduct themselves well during elections and vote wisely.
i don't care what other name or names u will call me in your next post but the truth must be told.
the objectives for which the ohanaeze ndigbo was formed are defeated and some disgruntled elements have seen this as an opportunity to manipulate the masses.
if since u were born, u have never seen the igbos talk with one voice, why are u calling us names for not supporting your position this time arround?
how can ohanaeze ndigbo support goodluck jonathan and sambo for president without knowing who the other candidates are? what if our own son is running for president? what if the other camps are going to use our own as running mate?
for not supporting ohanaeze and jonathan and for not supporting an igbo candidate, who is the betrayal here?
if this uninformed ohanaeze has a deal with jonathan to give them the presidency after his tenure, what agreements and documents do they have for this? what right/power does jonathan have to give u president? is it not possible we are using goat dealers as ohanaeze with this kind of hope?
if at my age and experience in life, anyone is speaking on my behalf on who to vote for, i will not waste time in calling that one an slowpoke.
who says, i don know what i want? who says, i don't know what is good for me?
this your ohanaeze needs to do somethings right to get the minds of the people to warrant follwoing them like zombie. you don't just meet someone and begin to dish out orders.
even in  your homes, u have to prove urself to ppl in the house before they listen to u.
so u can go ahead and call me some other names bcs today, i am in my happy mode and i have more and more points to deliever to u and those your uninformed importers turned leaders.

Okay, I've come to that stage when I ask you what your solution to the Igbo position in Nigeria is. What do you suggest we do next year?
I am a believer that I cannot just say no to already formulated strategies. I must have a better one to put forward, else I must not criticize the one existing.

Alright, let's hear your alternative solution. I'm waiting. .
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Onlytruth(m): 10:49am On Nov 25, 2010
I challenge all the IGBO anti-Ohanaeze elements on nairaland to put forward their ALTERNATIVE POSITIONS.

If y'all don't have any alternative, then, what are you fighting?

@Abagworo

An April endorsement is LATE and does not save the day.
Remember that Ndigbo voted for OBJ and Yar adua, but we were simply thrown under the bus after they got sworn in because our vote was irrelevant.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 25, 2010
Abagworo:

I am yet to see Afenifere endorse a candidate.Ohaneze could have waited till April after the campaigns before advising Igbos on the best candidate.Ohaneze supported 3rd term while Afenifere which represents OBJ's ethnic group kept their calm.Arewa is yet to take a stand even though it is more political than socio-cultural.
I think the problem of Ohanaeze has more to do with lack of political objectivity.Take a look at the role played by Afenifere in the south western region in 1999.Even with the fact that the northern oligarchy wanted obj,they stood their ground against him.
They were able to achieve this because they had a political ideology and a political party through which they can achieve any objective they wanted for the yoruba nation  .ohanaeze is yet to reach this status.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Onlytruth(m): 11:03am On Nov 25, 2010
I can confidently predict that 1025 has NO ANSWER to Igbo political maneuver for next year's election. He is just here to say NO to ANY united Igbo front.

All these ala wu otu people sef!

Mscheeeeew!
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Abagworo(m): 11:08am On Nov 25, 2010
Onlytruth:

I challenge all the IGBO anti-Ohanaeze elements on nairaland to put forward their ALTERNATIVE POSITIONS.

If y'all don't have any alternative, then, what are you fighting?

@Abagworo

An April endorsement is LATE and does not save the day.
Remember that Ndigbo voted for OBJ and Yar adua, but we were simply thrown under the bus after they got sworn in because our vote was irrelevant.

There should be nothing like endorsement but advice.They could support fully without coming out to announce to the world that "we are partial" even before primaries.What makes you think that Afenifere is not strategizing or are not even working for one of the prospective candidates without declaring open partiality?

~Bluetooth:

I think the problem of Ohanaeze has more to do with lack of political objectivity.Take a look at the role played by Afenifere in the south western region in 1999.Even with the fact that the northern oligarchy wanted obj,they stood their ground against him.
They were able to achieve this because they had a political ideology and a political party through which they can achieve any objective they wanted for the yoruba nation  .ohanaeze is yet to reach this status.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 25, 2010
Abagworo:

There should be nothing like endorsement but advice.They could support fully without coming out to announce to the world that "we are partial" even before primaries.What makes you think that Afenifere is not strategizing or are not even working for one of the prospective candidates without declaring open partiality?

Afenifere is a socio-cultural group representing the interests of yoruba with a political arm to achieve such interests,so nothing stops them from strategizing.so also is ohanaeze free to canvass for the interests of ibo but getting the ibo under one umbrella seems to be their problem.
Afenifere opposed obj but some yoruba still voted for him.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Abagworo(m): 11:32am On Nov 25, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Afenifere is a socio-cultural group representing the interests of yoruba with a political arm to achieve such interests,so nothing stops them from strategizing.so also is ohanaeze free to canvass for the interests of ibo but getting the ibo under one umbrella seems to be their problem.
Afenifere opposed obj but some yoruba still voted for him.

You seem not to get the point.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by 1025: 11:46am On Nov 25, 2010
I can confidently predict that 1025 has NO ANSWER to Igbo political maneuver for next year's election. He is just here to say NO to ANY united Igbo front.

All these ala wu otu people sef!

Mscheeeeew!

@onlytruth,
am chidichris(banned), orangemen(banned) look all through nairaland, i don't get involved in every topic and i don't withdraw on anyone i get involved with.
i discuss till the last date.
ohanaeze ndigbo is formed to work in the interest of ndigbo and this organization can only achieve this if they remain neutral on sensitive polictial issues like this.
be reminded that the so-called ohanaeze ndigbo have all the political parties represented as members. what will happen is the chairman of ohanaeze is a pdp chieftain and the vice chairman an acn chieftain? will u say ohanaeze have decided to support pdp?
even at this stage, it is only abt primaries so why are u in a haste to support candidates when u are not even sure that he will make it to the main elections.
we have to be silent and not loud. anybody can support anyone but with diplomacy.
ndigbo is crying for marginalization under this pdp govt and the head of the pdp has been obj since 1999 and it is still obasanjo so why are u still working with the same obasanjo?
in anambra state, we all know how obasanjo destroyed the state in his war against ngige. lives and properties were lost up to the extent that chiinue achebe refused national honour - is he a fool?
in imo state, we saw how obasanjo refused the choice of the masses just for personal interests. so these are the pains of the masses who the ohanaeze are surposed to be representing.
u and i can hardly point to tangible things from the pdp led govt in igboland since 1999 till date so why the noisy surport for them.

as for what u have asked of me, my submissions are as follows;
i want to see a formidable ohanaeze ndigbo that will start from, means and ways of bringing the much needed unity among ndigbo with the consent of our heavy weights.
i want ohanaeze ndigbo to stay out of active politics for now and put our house in order so that when they speak, they will speak values and points.
ndigbo shld think more of pressing problems like the manners with which sons of ndigbo are scattered all over the world even in countries with no hope for them.
someone mentioned traditional rulers somewhere here, ohanaeze ndigbo shld work out modalities to avoid these offices been determined by the number of containers one have at the wharf or number of shops in the main markets rather let them build this offices on merits and do their best to keep them out of politics.
ohanaeze ndigbo must learn to give honours and listening ears to main of achievements like chinue achebe.
time has come for ndigbo to fight independence in the area of foriegn interference. ohanaeze must not depend on obasanjo and his likes to tell us who our heros or our enemies are.
if we can work on these basic foundations, only then can u see a worthy ohanaeze ndigbo that can speak for us because we must have seen them come to our aid when we needed them most.
uncle, do u expect those who lost their loved ones and business in the chris uba FG sponsored vandalisation in anambra to listen to ohanaeze that were no where to be found in their times of trouble to listen to this ohanaeze.
my younger sister has to pay N2000 to ohakim, went to surulere to take the test and have travelled to imo state from lagos on two or three different occassions in pursuit of jobs that are not existing and u expect me to believe that i have someone who can speak on my behalf?
the last time i checked, i was told that charity begins at home but if the igbos or ohanaeze ndigbo thinks otherwise, i beg to stay out of it.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Ojiofor: 12:32pm On Nov 25, 2010
Abeg let these non-Igbos keep quite, there must be opposing view in democracy,i.e.there are those up North who are opposing Adamu Ciroma and insisting that they will not respect his decision to impose a candidate on them, or is it SW?The most important thing is that majority of Ndigbo are in suport of Ohanaeze,kpom kwem. even in GEJ's home state and his region in general there are those working to undermind his ambitions.that is politics for you.the last time I check Henry Okah is not an Igbo.if he was to be Igbo all loud mouthed ethnic cyber warriors would be here giving Ndigbo lectures of unity.Rubbish,
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by AndreUweh(m): 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2010
Ojiofor:

Abeg let these non-Igbos keep quite, there must be opposing view in democracy,i.e.there are those up North who are opposing Adamu Ciroma and insisting that they will not respect his decision to impose a candidate on them, or is it SW?The most important thing is that majority of Ndigbo are in suport of Ohanaeze,kpom kwem. even in GEJ's home state and his region in general there are those working to undermind his ambitions.that is politics for you.the last time I check Henry Okah is not an Igbo.if he was to be Igbo all loud mouthed ethnic cyber warriors would be here giving Ndigbo lectures of unity.Rubbish,
@Ojiofor: May the peace of the Lord be with you. Even Vicezo has asked all the anti-Ohanaeze warriors here to go to all the eastern state towns and ask them whom they support.
Sometimes I laugh at those who have not heard of Uwaechue before and Ohanaeze. How on earth are you going to debate with people who are zero or little informed?.
The problem here is the inability of most nairalanders here to associate with Igbo in their locality. When you don't, how would you know that Ohanaeze has circulated forms suggesting for Igbo peoples opinions on the matter since August.
Mazi Ikoh mind you was one of the self-acclaimed Ezes outside Igboland who lost out on Ohanaeze's clamp on them. What do you expect of him?.
Whether one likes it or not, majority of Ndigbo will go for GEJ and thanks to Ohanaeze for the timely intervention.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Abagworo(m): 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2010
@Andre.Try and think personally and do not join the band wagon in order to justify an obvious strategic error.You are right that majority of Igbos support Jonathan but It is not Ohaneze's doing.

What if Jonathan loses?Does it make Igbos enemy of the winner?
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by jason12345: 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2010
Abagworo:

@Andre.Try and think personally and do not join the band wagon in order to justify an obvious strategic error.You are right that majority of Igbos support Jonathan but It is not Ohaneze's doing.

abagworo, you have sense!!! you are right! it is a strategic error

@ andre uweh

what if atiku picks soludo has his vice? what would ohanaeze do? would they support atiku or GJ.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by AndreUweh(m): 3:45pm On Nov 25, 2010
Abagworo:

You potray Ohanaeze in a bad light. You go about searching for articles that will discredit Ohanaeze without a first-hand knowledge about the group. Sometimes I laugh at your pranks.
What a strategic error. That Ndigbo besieged No7 Park Avenue demand for Ohanaeze's direction?. That Ohanaeze confirm what was already known to Ndigbo?.
You even stated that Ohanaeze supported third term of Obasanjo. If you are conversant with Ohanaeze, you would have known that blundered by meeting a faction then that held no posts in Ohanaeze.
Abagworo my brother, all this your incessant ridicule of Ohanaeze is very mischievous.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by jason12345: 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2010
@ andre uweh

what happens if he does not "hand over" (military rule) the igbos? what would ohanaeze (with all due respect) stance be?

if you love someone, you would do everything to protect them!
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by jason12345: 3:51pm On Nov 25, 2010
Andre Uweh:

You potray Ohanaeze in a bad light. You go about searching for articles that will discredit Ohanaeze without a first-hand knowledge about the group. Sometimes I laugh at your pranks.
What a strategic error. That Ndigbo besieged No7 Park Avenue demand for Ohanaeze's direction?. That Ohanaeze confirm what was already known to Ndigbo?.
You even stated that Ohanaeze supported third term of Obasanjo. If you are conversant with Ohanaeze, you would have known that blundered by meeting a faction then that held no posts in Ohanaeze.
Abagworo my brother, all this your incessant ridicule of Ohanaeze is very mischievous.

no i do not. to be honest, it is none of my business but i really care for the igbo race (i know how strange it seems). i respect that ohaneze represents the igbos around the world.

but have you thought about the wider ramifications of the endorsement?
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by jason12345: 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2010
Andre Uweh:

if you also notice, i have lost my respect on Nl. i have received insults. don't you think i am doing this for a valid reason? do you think i want anything to happen to my brothers?
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by AndreUweh(m): 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2010
jason12345:

abagworo, you have sense!!! you are right! it is a strategic error

@ andre uweh

what if atiku picks soludo has his vice? what would ohanaeze do? would they support atiku or GJ.
Soludo will not effect any change. What did Ndigbo gain from him as CBN governor. Giving appointments to Northerners instead of his more qualified and experienced Igbo kins, is that what Ndigbo want?.
Anyway, you may be too young to know that Ekwueme was no 2 to Shagari yet Ndigbo did not vote for him. So fugure it out.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by 1025: 4:04pm On Nov 25, 2010
@Ojiofor: May the peace of the Lord be with you. Even Vicezo has asked all the anti-Ohanaeze warriors here to go to all the eastern state towns and ask them whom they support.
Sometimes I laugh at those who have not heard of Uwaechue before and Ohanaeze. How on earth are you going to debate with people who are zero or little informed?.
The problem here is the inability of most nairalanders here to associate with Igbo in their locality. When you don't, how would you know that Ohanaeze has circulated forms suggesting for Igbo peoples opinions on the matter since August.
Mazi Ikoh mind you was one of the self-acclaimed Ezes outside Igboland who lost out on Ohanaeze's clamp on them. What do you expect of him?.
Whether one likes it or not, majority of Ndigbo will go for GEJ and thanks to Ohanaeze for the timely intervention.

@andrew,
what was in the form ohanaeze distributed. i live here in lagos and i am yet to see the form so? maybe in the form, ohanaeze asked us to choose between jonathan and God who we will worship abi? u have made a blind statement that even agberos in our parks will not like to be associated with.
how old were u when zik contested for president under Npp back in 1979 and 1983 respectively? we saw pictures of almost all the nigerians supporting zik in platue state but the election and results had a didfferent view.
if ur jonathan and ohanaeze thinks it is as easy as you think, they will all be in their various comfort zones sleeping.
in a very simple language, can u mention at least one move by ohanaeze ndigbo that have affected the life of an igbo man positively.
ohanaeze ndigbo is not a political organisation and have failed in the areas of the main objectives for which it was formed. nobody has any right over my vote not at my age and not even ohanaeze.
that monkey that is the chairman is one of those igbos that cannot even deliever their political wards. so let them go and put the igbo goals together and put our house in order and become that responsible ohanaeze ndigbo that we use to know only then can then speak to us before speaking for us.
we want to hear ohanaeze ndigbo tell us to bouycot the fg activities until certain things are put in place.
an ohanaeze ndigbo that is been controlled by a non igbo can never ever speak for me.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by AndreUweh(m): 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2010
1025:

@andrew,
what was in the form ohanaeze distributed. i live here in lagos and i am yet to see the form so? maybe in the form, ohanaeze asked us to choose between jonathan and God who we will worship abi? u have made a blind statement that even agberos in our parks will not like to be associated with.
how old were u when zik contested for president under Npp back in 1979 and 1983 respectively? we saw pictures of almost all the nigerians supporting zik in platue state but the election and results had a didfferent view.
if your jonathan and ohanaeze thinks it is as easy as you think, they will all be in their various comfort zones sleeping.
in a very simple language, can u [b]mention at least one move by ohanaeze ndigbo that have affected the life of an igbo man positively.[/b]
ohanaeze ndigbo is not a political organisation and have failed in the areas of the main objectives for which it was formed. nobody has any right over my vote not at my age and not even ohanaeze.
that monkey that is the chairman is one of those igbos that cannot even deliever their political wards. so let them go and put the igbo goals together and put our house in order and become that responsible ohanaeze ndigbo that we use to know only then can then speak to us before speaking for us.
we want to hear ohanaeze ndigbo tell us to bouycot the fg activities until certain things are put in place.
an ohanaeze ndigbo that is been controlled by a non igbo can never ever speak for me.

@bolded no 1, they fought for the creation of Abia and Ananbra Enugu states. If you want ten, I will not hesistate to list them. Bolded no2, tell me which Ohanaeze set is better than the one now?. @Bolded no 3, Pig, can you explain what makes you more Igbo than the president-general. Castrated maggot.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 25, 2010
Calculations and triangulations, no simple convictions.

Ohaneze does not have to have an agenda in 2011 elections. It is no use to anybody.

We should be challenging the status quo and public opinnion on a lot of other issues that will benefit more people.

Getting fixated on who becomes President in 2011, or 2015 will not change much. If there is anything I know everybody in Katsina or Ogun State have over others, it is simply bragging rights. A former President comes from my state. Their states however looks like the rest of the country.

Why can't Ohaneze liaise with Igbo business leaders to lobby the commerce and industry minister to pursue a policy that protects merchants and their business wherever they are?
Why can't Ohaneze challenge a status quo that rampantly bans merchants from importing goods in the name of encouraging local manufacturing but yet does nothing to ensure that the agenda to manufature the Product in question succeeds?
Why can't Ohaneze float a citizens advisory scheme that have the capacity to educate Igbos wherever they are of their rights. So that if a State Government sell any land or shops to anyone and award them a certificate of occupancy and decide to turn around tomorrow for some ridiculous reasons to demolish their shops or houses, then Ohaneze can present you with a pool of lawyers who can represent you and claim compensation?
Why can't Ohaneze be at the vanguard of negotiations between SouthEast ASUU and Governors to prevent our kids from sitting at home instead of being in school?

Who says Ohaneze can not wait until May 29th after the elections has been fought to pledge loyalty to whoever comes out victorious and reminding them of their responsibilities to Ndigbo.

Why is Ohaneze endorsing a man that even his own party has not selected?

You people should stop going around promoting a brand of politics that we can only come out second best. Our whole culture and religion is rooted in democracy and persuasion. There is a reason we don't have Jihad in Christainity, yes faith is belief in things not seen but the choice to believe in anything is entirely up to you.

So for those of you threatening fire and brimstone and threatning to barnish those who do not agree with you. Be careful what you wish for because it is possible for the hunter to turn the hunted.

If anything I think we should be celebrating a situation where Atiku emerges as Concensus candidate and then Jonathan Zwingina and scores of Northerners at least openly criticises it.

What we should be doing is promoting our democratic nature into the mainstream of Nigerian political ideology and not to start learning how to play the backward politics of those we seek to export civilisation to.

Change is hard. But the fight is worth it.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2010
The madness I see on these threads are what you get when folks who are smart by half elevate themselves into the voice of a people who know better.

All of a sudden Ralph Uwechue somehow knows everything more than Ojukwu, Ekwueme, Soludo, Nnamani.

Believe what you like but also leave a space in your head that there is the posibility that you could be wrong.

That is what wise men do.

Jonathan can not single-handedly hand power to anybody. Neither can Atiku.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by jason12345: 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2010
mikeansy:

The madness I see on these threads are what you get when folks who are smart by half elevate themselves into the voice of a people who know better.

All of a sudden Ralph Uwechue somehow knows everything more than Ojukwu, Ekwueme, Soludo, Nnamani.

Believe what you like but also leave a space in your head that there is the posibility that you could be wrong.

@ bolded

. . . . . . pls educate my brothers!!!

anyway, we shall see grin
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by AndreUweh(m): 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2010
@Mike, you have spoken well unlike that brain-dead monkey claiming that we have a non Igbo as a leader.
@your no1 and 2, Ohanaeze led by Uwaechue and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala were in America and the U.K for that cause late last year.
On ASUU strike. Ohanaeze has been engaging the two parties involved since last two weeks.
@Ohanaeze endorsing GEJ before the primaries. Nothing is wrong with that. B. Obama got a nod from a lot of organisation before he even emerged in the primaries of his party.
Mike to be honest with you, you might be disappointed with the roles of the previous Ohanaeze excos, but this particular set has not failed yet and will not fail.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by 1025: 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2010

@andrew,
i never insulted u in any manner but i understand ur frustrations. i promise u more frustrations than u can imagine. read through what mikeansy wrote above and go back to what i have been saying then compare and contrast.
ohanaeze must remain neutral and there is nothing wrong in paying solidarity visit upon the announcement of results. it is risky when u hang the fates of ndigbo in the hands of a single man. ndigbo have more than a million interests in the country of which 100 jonathans can not solve them all.
state creation was done back 1990 and i am sure none of these so-called members of the ohanaeze ndigbo was arround then.
what is ohanaeze without all these men that matters in igboland.
how long has the ASUU strikes been in the eastern states and how all of a sudden ur ohanaeze is acting only two weeks back and how far have they gone?
what was the role of ohanaeze in the kidnap madness that took over the igboland?
as long as this ohanaeze ndigbo believes in selfish interests to fill their individual pockets, they will remain irrelevant.
most of what u see are sponsored programmes so do not be decieved.
come to lagos and u will see igbos buying swamps with rivers in the name of lands for over N100m while our wonderful lands are going for N1m and N500k.
nobody except is feeling the presence of ur ohanaeze.
after this election, the next time we will read about ohanaeze ndigbo will be in 2015 and by then, another stranger will take over from uwaechue because he is sure to be rich then.
please mention the names of the so-called exco members of this ur ohanaeze. i am betting it that no well positioned igboman will be on ur list.
come, is the ohanaeze ndigbo not the same organisation shut out by ohakim in imo state a couple of months back?
they are not ohanaeze ndigbo so give them another name.
any organisation in igboland that have been existing in the presence of all these madness in igbo land is nothing but a failure and are not worthy to exist.
a reasonable ohanaeze ndigbo will welcome all the presidential candidates and wish them well and remain neutral as an organisation.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by Kobojunkie: 6:11pm On Nov 25, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Even when a lot of ibo here do not know the importance of the group to the ibo culture itself ? Fyi,that is the ony group that has been representing the ibo since[b] after the civil war.[/b]

Again, a group of a couple hundred people claiming to represent a culture DOES not a government make. The people already have their government and the vast majority of the ibo populace, both at home and abroad do not recognize Ohaneze and whatever it claims to stand for, no matter how long the group has been in existence. That you find the few who do right here on Nairaland does not in anyway then sanction this claim.

I really think you need to start getting your head out of your arse in these issues.
Re: Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader by jason12345: 6:21pm On Nov 25, 2010
1025:

@andrew,
i never insulted u in any manner but i understand your frustrations. i promise u more frustrations than u can imagine. read through what mikeansy wrote above and go back to what i have been saying then compare and contrast.
ohanaeze must remain neutral and there is nothing wrong in paying solidarity visit upon the announcement of results. it is risky when u hang the fates of ndigbo in the hands of a single man. ndigbo have more than a million interests in the country of which 100 jonathans can not solve them all.
state creation was done back 1990 and i am sure none of these so-called members of the ohanaeze ndigbo was arround then.
what is ohanaeze without all these men that matters in igboland.
how long has the ASUU strikes been in the eastern states and how all of a sudden your ohanaeze is acting only two weeks back and how far have they gone?
what was the role of ohanaeze in the kidnap madness that took over the igboland?
as long as this ohanaeze ndigbo believes in selfish interests to fill their individual pockets, they will remain irrelevant.
most of what u see are sponsored programmes so do not be decieved.
come to lagos and u will see igbos buying swamps with rivers in the name of lands for over N100m while our wonderful lands are going for N1m and N500k.
nobody except is feeling the presence of your ohanaeze.
after this election, the next time we will read about ohanaeze ndigbo will be in 2015 and by then, another stranger will take over from uwaechue because he is sure to be rich then.
please mention the names of the so-called exco members of this your ohanaeze. i am betting it that no well positioned igboman will be on your list.
come, is the ohanaeze ndigbo not the same organisation shut out by ohakim in imo state a couple of months back?
they are not ohanaeze ndigbo so give them another name.
any organisation in igboland that have been existing in the presence of all these madness in igbo land is nothing but a failure and are not worthy to exist.
[size=14pt]a reasonable ohanaeze ndigbo will welcome all the presidential candidates and wish them well and remain neutral as an organisation[/size].
shocked

thank you. that is that is my brothers do not see. i'll keep fighting before it is too late for them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Babangida’s Ex-chief Press Secretary Opens Up, Says ‘yes, IBB Killed Dele Giwa’ / 1977: Photo Talk Between GEJ And Mohammadu Buhari / Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.