Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,967 members, 7,814,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? (1421 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Consider Dating As Cheating... / I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting / Bikini Photos Of Eudoxie Yao, Lady With The "Biggest Butt In Africa" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by yazga: 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2019
What is the biggest challenge dating as a single parent?

Me: It's really difficult because you barely do things for yourself. What ever you do, it's for your child.... And my Kid is very protective me. A guy hugged me in front of my house cos it's been long he saw me ..... And my child took his hands off my body.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by jeff1607(m): 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2019
yazga:

you wanna date one?
Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by pode(m): 2:36pm On Dec 05, 2019
yazga:

Me: It's really difficult because you barely do things for yourself. What ever you do, it's for your child.... And my Kid is very protective me. A guy hugged me in front of my house cos it's been long he saw me ..... And my child took his hands off my body.
Please ask people who had done that before E.g wizkid
Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by IyaTola: 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2019
grin
pode:

Please ask people who had done that before E.g wizkid
Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 06, 2019
no time to date at all.

very few want to date a single mother, most guys na chop and run.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by Phaitilicious(f): 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2019
To be honest, I've not had any challenges when it comes to dating.

I've always met men who are considerate, caring and love my son. Some even end up as friends if the date doesn't grow into a relationship.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by vikithor(m): 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2019
don't see such over protective attitude from your son as mere childish.Orientation is needed if not it will get worse,if you want the relationship

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by yazga: 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
lilwetdick:
no time to date at all.

very few want to date a single mother, most guys na chop and run.
True.
Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by Originalsly: 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2019
yazga:

Hmmm.... your child really didn't like the guy. If it were me.... I can bet my life after hugging and me taking my hands off...your son would put them right back around you!

@ topic.... challenging. The person must understand it is a package... for me to date you... you need to know from jump if I like children and if your child would be part of the relationship. Your kid shouldn't even know about me until that is cleared up and the relationship is a bit young.... then the child has to be introduced and is for you to find out how your child feels about me. It he hates me... then the relationship should slow down. For the one with the child..... it is a whole lot more challenging.
As a guy... been there done that. Biggest challenge... winning the heart of the child. How?...making the mother happy ... if a gift is for the mother...one must also be for the child and by helping the mother to take better care of the child. Bad thing... if the relationship ends... the next guy stepping in got to be better or the child would ehmmm..... show him pepper and be most miserable.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 08, 2019
I have not started dating again so I can't really say....but I don't think there should be an issue.

Personally, I don't intend to introduce every guy I date to my kids, you will only meet them when we are serious. Don't want them seeing different 'uncles', can't be playing with my children like that.
Apart from that, my daughter has a big mouth lol, don't want her going back to relate everything to her father (I dont give a Bleep about what he thinks, I just don't want him to know my business).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by yazga: 7:57am On Dec 09, 2019
Originalsly:

Hmmm.... your child really didn't like the guy. If it were me.... I can bet my life after hugging and me taking my hands off...your son would put them right back around you!

@ topic.... challenging. The person must understand it is a package... for me to date you... you need to know from jump if I like children and if your child would be part of the relationship. Your kid shouldn't even know about me until that is cleared up and the relationship is a bit young.... then the child has to be introduced and is for you to find out how your child feels about me. It he hates me... then the relationship should slow down. For the one with the child..... it is a whole lot more challenging.
As a guy... been there done that. Biggest challenge... winning the heart of the child. How?...making the mother happy ... if a gift is for the mother...one must also be for the child and by helping the mother to take better care of the child. Bad thing... if the relationship ends... the next guy stepping in got to be better or the child would ehmmm..... show him pepper and be most miserable.

cheesy
Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by yazga: 7:58am On Dec 09, 2019
SBL28:
I have not started dating again so I can't really say....but I don't think there should be an issue.

Personally, I don't intend to introduce every guy I date to my kids, you will only meet them when we are serious. Don't want them seeing different 'uncles', can't be playing with my children like that.
Apart from that, my daughter has a big mouth lol, don't want her going back to relate everything to her father (I dont give a Bleep about what he thinks, I just don't want him to know my business).
grin grin
Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by yazga: 7:43am On Dec 13, 2019
undecided
vikithor:
don't see such over protective attitude from your son as mere childish.Orientation is needed if not it will get worse,if you want the relationship
Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by moorevic(m): 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
The never forget that preeq. Dude be interfering like Airtel

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by yazga: 10:15am On Dec 17, 2019
moorevic:
The never forget that preeq. Dude be interfering like Airtel
Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by Rubyjade: 3:02am On May 25, 2022
None
Re: What Is The Biggest Challenge Dating As A Single Parent? by Nobody: 7:42am On May 25, 2022
Observing...

(1) (Reply)

I Casted A Spell On My Mother In-law / Don't Start What You Can't Finish... " She Said / Have You Ever Dated A Random Lady You Approached On The Street?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.