Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer (43758 Views)

Edo PDP Primary: Obaseki Says No Cause For Alarm And He Will Participate / Ambode Reacts To EFCC Searching His House, Says No Cause For Alarm / Why Moghalu, Durotoye, Ezekwesili, Others Stand No Chance By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by toprealman: 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2019
GeoAfrikana:
Money is talking.

This legal system that oyinbo gave Nigeria is a scam. Imagine if the victim was a poor man, how will he get money to settle case for ten years, let alone go to court of appeal.

No wonder our politicians don't steal small money, they also add a few dozens of millions to pay lawyers, sans and buy kola for judges who like goro.
VAR na original scam......

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by GeoAfrikana(m): 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2019
Xisnin:

All lies.
Many rich men get away with crime in many countries, stop making it about Nigeria.
Corrected, don't generalize.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by pedel: 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2019
Thank God for people like you. If average Nigerian think this way we would have been one of the top 10 countries in the world.
Mass illiteracy is the number one cause of corruption.
Imagine, stealing over 7 billion naira from your own people? That is enough to train 500 surgeons, 100 Chartered Accountant 2,000 engineers in different fields and unleash them to transform the state.
Everyone who ruled Nigeria, in whatever capacity, from 1999 till 2015 is supposed to be sent to prison and all their properties confiscated.
Referring to your statement in bold; We need to change our constitution completely.

LibertyRep:
He is surely going to fight it till the Supreme Court and as far as the law permits.

My worry is just what the court says about the fund in contention. Is he going to make a refund to the government of Abia state?

Or he will just serve the term and keep the loot?

Methinks the law should not only stipulate a refund, the offender should also be made to pay interest of 20% per annum for the entire duration starting from when the money was looted and the day conviction was secured.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by fredoooooo: 5:02pm On Dec 05, 2019
Tell the fool his money won't stand and hear him say the truth .. bladdy bascads of a lawyer grin
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by einsteine(m): 5:12pm On Dec 05, 2019
Would he not go to prison first while the appeal is on?

Nigerian Lawyers are scum. All they want is your money. They will keep telling you that there is hope in the case meanwhile they are eyeing your wallet.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2019
I SAID IT AND AM SAYING IT AGAIN FOR ANY IGBO THAT CARES TO LISTEN, THAT THERE IS A GRAND CONSPIRACY AGAINST IGBO INTERESTS BY YORUBA AND FULANIS.

THEY WILL NOT SPARE EVEN THE IGBOS IN APC.

THE PLAN IS TO DESTROY THE ENTIRE IGBO ETHNICITY.

SO ANYONE THINKING IT'S ABOUT OUK OR ALEX ONYEMA IS MAKING A BIG MISTAKE.

THEY WILL HUNT AND DESTROY ALL NOTABLE IGBOS
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Ojiofor: 5:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
One of the greatest Igbo bridge builders who have actually built more bridges than Julius Berger have kissed the dust.
Who can guess another bridge builder that will be next.
Okorawusa?
Thiefimi Amaechi?
ETC...........

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by PreyingMantis(m): 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
Amarabae:
Inasmuch as I don't like buhari extremism but you just can't deny the fact that corruption reduced a bit in his regime unlike GEJ tiime
Amarachi you're overspeeding. Slow down and wait till Buhari and his gangs leave office. Then you will understand this administration will be the most corrupt ever in the history of Nigeria.

Look at the monies borrowed so far and ask yourself the projects they have to show for it... Nothing! Look at the subsidy regime and ask yourself what exactly is going on. This administration is paying 3x more than GEJ government in subsidy and yet we're buying fuel at N145 per liter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by smileyoo: 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2019
this next level might not be totally bad after all. the closing of borders against those external terrorists & the jailing of this ass-licker crook, 're the two recorded good news so far. hope he's not going to jail, without refunding such huge amount, because with such huge amount with him, you only sentenced him to enjoyments, not jail-term. if you know, you know.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Ebison34: 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2019
T. A. Orji and Okezie Ikpeazu should be also tried. All are partners in crime. But APC said that if you join them, your sins are forgiven
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by link2ok22: 5:58pm On Dec 05, 2019
jahsharon:

He stole Abia money, now he is lobbying Tinubu and Buhari, if you are not mentally imbalance you, you would pray that Tinubu and Buhari just ignore him

Oga hope you expressed such anger when Ganduje was caught in camera and your senile president still helped me to go for a second term.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Convention107: 6:00pm On Dec 05, 2019
this lawyer just want to milk kalu..why giving him false hope?
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by NEIGHBOUR(m): 6:09pm On Dec 05, 2019
Kalu should have hired Ezekhome who is known to be a brilliant defender of corrupt politicians. It is not late.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by BOBAN2710: 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2019
ONE KANU A SENATOR IN PARTICULAR GONE TO PRISON AND ANOTHER KANU A RENOWNED IndecentStar TO FOLLOW IN DUE TIME.

please nobody should quote me o

if u dont want to make heaven u can go ahead.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Drosonogasta(m): 7:18pm On Dec 05, 2019
APC calculation to bring in Akpabio as senate chief whip
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by nwadiuko1(m): 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2019
azimo:
nwanne listen am against corruption but is must be fair and equity,they are being selective here ,onyema ,innoson ,ibeto,and the rest so what about the most corrupted northern leader ! Let's I forgot they are all saint. Buhari the dead one should have been in prison if at all there is law in that British zoo
i am happy kalu was convicted.....die the ethnic card

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by dochenaj: 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2019
But he will remain in prison custody while the appeal is going on.

Given how sluggish our judicial system is, the appeals in both courts could last for upward of 2 years. So how could he be a Senator from prison.

His constituency should do the needful and recall him, since he does not have the decency and integrity to resign from the Senate.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by executive12: 12:11am On Dec 06, 2019
Orji Kalu should resign from the Senate.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by nedekid: 12:47am On Dec 06, 2019
Amarabae:
Inasmuch as I don't like buhari extremism but you just can't deny the fact that corruption reduced a bit in his regime unlike GEJ time ,I don't believe in don't touch our criminal mentality,
Expose and deal with corrupt Igbo politicians, you are indirectly helping Igboland
Aunty you fine oh shocked grin
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Dagrace01(m): 4:26am On Dec 06, 2019
What if is slok has been existing before he became governor? Can't he finance the business with huge sum of amount after he became governor? We aren't fools, if he's guilty he should be judged accordingly
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by prof12(m): 5:51am On Dec 06, 2019
GeoAfrikana:
Money is talking.

This legal system that oyinbo gave Nigeria is a scam. Imagine if the victim was a poor man, how will he get money to settle case for ten years, let alone go to court of appeal.

No wonder our politicians don't steal small money, they also add a few dozens of millions to pay lawyers, sans and buy kola for judges who like goro.

The previous PDP government made Nigeria a scam.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Yebosola(m): 6:00am On Dec 06, 2019
iykecicero:
He went to court with Okpu Ade (Ade Cap) thinking that Buhari would see him as the chief slave servant but the Dullard told him, “Under the bus you go.”

He’s been used to grease the wheel of Buhari’s phantom corruption fight, and judiciary independence. There’s great joy in Aba because the sellout slave has been sacrificed by his slave owners!

See stupid IPOB thinking, so if he is still in PDP,u will b crying IGBO victimization, u people are just myopic, pls form this your Biafra fast.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Yebosola(m): 6:04am On Dec 06, 2019
AmazingELixir:
undecided undecided undecided

Why is he wearing Afonja cap....efulefu

Are u this tribalistic? Mad IPOB, what has cap got to do with issues at hand, idiota Afonja my foot, am sure u have left your poto region for decades

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Yebosola(m): 6:10am On Dec 06, 2019
emmadeking:
Orji is simply the "first" victim of 2023 politics... Let's watch as things unfold.

IGBOstic grin,i trust, everything is victimization, una no dey disappoint, 2023 ko, 2027 ni, he get chance b4?funny u.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Yebosola(m): 6:14am On Dec 06, 2019
musicwriter:

I kind of like your conclusion but the problem is that its not about an honest war on corruption but about 2023. Its a political court ruling. If it was about war on corruption, Buhari won't have raised Ganduje's hand for re-election as Kano state governor.

Has Ganduje been convicted? Let's b reasonable, sentiments is not court pronouncement.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Yebosola(m): 6:19am On Dec 06, 2019
azimo:
I have been in Europe all my life a biafran Italian am pained on what is happening to our people after the war and till this very moment,this people hates us with passion no two ways about it we need to leave the zoo and get back biafra.bro if biafra comes today that's the light black African countries needs but never the less we must continue,some idiots thought or always think biafra agitators are doubts but we are very learned people

With this your jargons ,Europe in upper Iweka, no b so? U better face front, Biafra ko, Biafra ni, no wonder N. Kanu still ave mumu to scarm
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Yebosola(m): 6:34am On Dec 06, 2019
After reading through so many threads on UZOR KALU's travail, one thing is crystal clear about our IGBO brothers, they are neither here nor there, crucify him years back, "he is corrupt, his mummy is worse, he fostered T. A Oji on us" Today is another story, he was convicted because he is IGBO. This is nauseating ,must everything be tribal and religion? Does Uzor embezzled? Court said yes for now, he goes to appeal and Supreme Court, what's the hullabaloo about?

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Pavarottii(m): 7:31am On Dec 06, 2019
Amarabae:
Inasmuch as I don't like buhari extremism but you just can't deny the fact that corruption reduced a bit in his regime unlike GEJ time ,I don't believe in don't touch our criminal mentality,
Expose and deal with corrupt Igbo politicians, you are indirectly helping Igboland
Abi na for buhari govt massive corruption ever recorded... More than abacha time sef... Let den come out of govt sef... So somebody borrowed 13trillion in 4years plus increase fuel and tax... And still want to borrow 30billion dollars and nothing to show for it... Where is all the money? At least GEJ did railways, more roads, 13 universities... And other schools , agriculture. Ict... Just to mention a few
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by AmazingELixir: 8:42am On Dec 06, 2019
Yebosola:

Are u this tribalistic? Mad IPOB, what has cap got to do with issues at hand, idiota Afonja my foot, am sure u have left your poto region for decades

Well let me dignify you with a response even though you're not worth it...let's just say this is one of your lucky days.

Now expressing my opinion based on my perception of the dubious character of a well known manipulator and cheat as the subject matter doesn't make me tribalistic.

I'm not from the poto region neither am i IPOB as you described. I wonder what else you have to say now and to be honest I'm not expecting nada cos your fat tissue clogged cranium is too dull to reason cognitively.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Yebosola(m): 2:44am On Dec 07, 2019
AmazingELixir:

Well let me dignify you with a response even though you're not worth it...let's just say this is one of your lucky days.

Now expressing my opinion based on my perception of the dubious character of a well known manipulator and cheat as the subject matter doesn't make me tribalistic.

I'm not from the poto region neither am i IPOB as you described. I wonder what else you have to say now and to be honest I'm not expecting nada cos your fat tissue clogged cranium is too dull to reason cognitively.

IPOB, nothing different from your first jargon, face front, Afonjas'land is your mini London, so stop your useless ranting on NL, lazy youth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram ‘Governor’, ‘Three-Star Commander’ Surrender / Thumb Printed Ballot Papers Allegedly Intercepted In Niger State (PHOTOS) / "Buhari Has Anaemia", Femi Williams, Professor Of Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.